Atheist here, to answer any questions...
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6471 Mar 31, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>
For monkey people, euthanasia is acceptable. It's the principle of survival of the fittest. No crocodile tears necessary.
You need to read Matthew chapter 18....you lowly worm.......Then according to verse 6, hang a millstone about your neck and drown yourself in the sea......but before then,,,,shut your heartless, blabbering Mammoth Cave of a mouth up.......Anyone who continues to say such things about a sick kid dying of Batten's Disease is nothing but a decieved fool..........You only have ONE other OPTION.....Repent to God and apologize to Olasonn, for the evil things you have said.......
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6472 Mar 31, 2013
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I go where the evidence leads while you choose which evidence to reject/accept based on what you want to be true.
Mine is better...IF you want to know what's most likely true and not.
<quoted text>
Well, there's no sudden changes, just a steady progression towards the inevitable. He understands that he's losing his eye sight, clearly frustrated for not seeing as well as he did, but he doesn't know the extent of his disease.
A little while back he said to my sister:
"Mom, am I ever going to not have bad eye sight?"
"No", she said.
"Ok", he replied in a sad but accepting way.
And that's only the beginning. Truly heart breaking.
Like the evidence presented by those Italian scientists who after 5 years concluded the only explanation for the Shroud of Turin was
the supernatural.......I do not go by just what I believe.....The
evidence for the authenticity of the shroud is abundant.......and that earlier carbon dating that placed it much later has already been greatly disputed.......

Thanks for letting me know about your nephew.......He is on my mind and in my prayers, and I just gave Pope another scalding for his continued heartless responses to this.......I hope you will not take his attitude as common among Christians.......I have rarely seen anyone project such cruelty.......
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6473 Mar 31, 2013
Pope, you also owe ME an apology for changing my words in post 6446 from "God" to "the devil" in your post 6447.......
I suggest you repent and apologize SOON......
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#6474 Mar 31, 2013
Minister Robert Lee wrote:
Thanks for letting me know about your nephew.......He is on my mind and in my prayers
About that.
Why do you pray?
Do you think it will change anything?
If he doesn't improve, does that mean that prayer doesn't work?
That not enough people prayed?
That your god is cruel?
That he doesn't care?

And...if he were to be healed...
Would it be because you prayed, and your god wouldn't have healed him if you didn't?

I really don't get how you think your prayers will make any difference, even IF a god exist. Care to explain it to me?
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6475 Mar 31, 2013
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
About that.
Why do you pray?
Do you think it will change anything?
If he doesn't improve, does that mean that prayer doesn't work?
That not enough people prayed?
That your god is cruel?
That he doesn't care?
And...if he were to be healed...
Would it be because you prayed, and your god wouldn't have healed him if you didn't?
I really don't get how you think your prayers will make any difference, even IF a god exist. Care to explain it to me?
1...I pray because it is my direct connection to God, and by muself I can do nothing.......
2...Yes,,,we always must ask in faith, believing...
3...no, prayer works, but not all things asked for are God's will.
4...no, but more people praying is certainly not bad!
5...no, God is not cruel.
6...no...God DOES care....
7...It all depends on His will.......Even Jesus, when praying in the garden, had to ask for His Father's will...God allowed the son to go through horrible things, but it was His will, so Jesus could die as our Saviour...

NOW....let me ask YOU, Olasonn.......If Lori and I continue
to pray and your nephew gets better, what will you attribute
it to?.......Will you believe that God exists and that He is not cruel, and that He cares?... or will you just say that he happened to get better... and offer no praise to God?....And if he does not
get better, you will just go on believing that God does not
exist.....(The fact that God allows suffering seems to be one of your greatest objections to His existence)....
StopTheHateRebuk eThePuker

United States

#6476 Mar 31, 2013
Pope, you also owe ME an apology for changing my words in post 6446 from "God" to "the devil" in your post 6447.......
I suggest you repent and apologize SOON......
hey 'minister', do you believe that all jews are THE antichrist?

If you don't and know that to be a hateful unbiblical lie then will you rebuke 'pope' for spewing it and refusing to repent of that garbage?

If someone says such false witness crap against others like that and no one calls them on it them that tells me you might actually agree with it- especially if you like talking with the guy here about everything else.

“Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog!!”

Since: May 08

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

#6477 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
1...I pray because it is my direct connection to God, and by muself I can do nothing.......
7...It all depends on His will.......Even Jesus, when praying in the garden, had to ask for His Father's will...God allowed the son to go through horrible things, but it was His will, so Jesus could die as our Saviour...
it to?.......Will you believe that God exists and that He is not cruel, and that He cares?... or will you just say that he happened to get better... and offer no praise to God?....And if he does not
exist.....(The fact that God allows suffering seems to be one of your greatest objections to His existence)....
Either way you will claim it as a miracle or "god's" will.

But;

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

NO if or buts here!! So let's test this claim.*I want you and Lori to pray for one year of world peace - something I'm sure you two would desire and wish for greatly.

QAlthough it's not as though millions haven't tried this before, but as you're "god's" bestest buddies, I'm sure it will work for you!!

I will acknowledge the existence of "god" if after one week - time to cash in on the ironclad promise - and for a year thereafter there is worldwide peace. SIMPLE!!
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6478 Mar 31, 2013
StopTheHateRebukeThePuker wrote:
<quoted text>
hey 'minister', do you believe that all jews are THE antichrist?
If you don't and know that to be a hateful unbiblical lie then will you rebuke 'pope' for spewing it and refusing to repent of that garbage?
If someone says such false witness crap against others like that and no one calls them on it them that tells me you might actually agree with it- especially if you like talking with the guy here about everything else.
No, I do not believe that all Jews are the antichrist.......and I am not here to just rebuke people of their beliefs......I address those things I feel led to, and primarily those things someone addresses to ME.......Sometimes I simply let things alone and see what others say about it......When Pope continues to be cruel to
Olasonn about his dying nephew, it is intolerable.......
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6482 Mar 31, 2013
Pope Francis I wrote:
<quoted text>
So, after a careful examination of the text of 1 John 2:22, we see quite clearly that the Jews are THE Antichrist.
Everybody knows that.
not at all.......
A...not all Jews reject Jesus as the Christ....many now believe just as the average Christian does that Jesus is the Saviour.....
B...NO...everybody does NOT know that.......
C...You do not know enough scripture nor are able to make such a survey of the entire world to make such a statement.....
D...Why don't you do something constructive and Christian, such as
apologizing for changing my "Praise God" in post 6446 to "the devil" in your post 6447, and quit being extremely cruel and heartless about Olasonn's sick and dying nephew, and thus prove that YOU are not antichrist....??
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#6483 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, we are considered to be a Christian nation, however.......
The laws and lawmakers of the USA are becoming more and more
UN-Christian every day.......No true Christian could vote for abortion, or homosexual marriage.......
As to what our forefathers did to the Negroes and the Indians....
I am not proud of that in any way.......they were very wrong.... and I am part Cherokee Indian myself.......
NOW,,,,,what are you, pearl??.....You say you are not atheist, yet you continue to sound exactly like one.......
But the fact of the matter is, this is a Christian nation. The lawmakers you are frustrated with still claim to be Christian. It seems you have more of a beef with those you claim to be, not true Christian than Atheists. How do you blame Atheists for the problems of this country, if they are such a small minority? They certainly aren't running the show and have very little power. On your other note, what the so called forefathers did to the natives here, was claimed to be for there own good, we can now see that it was wrong, as you admitted yet, they are still doing it, worldwide. Your fellow Christian here Lori claims we are teaching the poor of Africa to better care for themselves {teach a man to fish} was her claim, as though these people are somehow new on this planet. These San people of Africa have been living the same way for thousands of generations. And for some assnine reason Christians think they need to be shown the right way to live, and because of western Christian culture, they really are being forced to abandon their ancient ways. By the way since your Christian, Happy Easter.
STOP THE HATE SPEECH

United States

#6484 Mar 31, 2013
That 'Blood Libel' garbage that the jews kill Christian children and that they killed Christ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel
has been used by evil so-called 'christians'/popes to justify pogroms against jewish people including what the Nazis did.
You 'pope' are nothing but another sick twisted murderer like the eternally damned past popes and the Nazis!

From the official website of 'Jews For Jesus'
--> http://jewsforjesus.blogspot.com/

^"The blood libel charges would start with the disappearance of a Christian child and rumors would spread that he was murdered by Jews who used his blood for Passover ritual purposes. The first such blood libel is noted in Norwich, England, in 1144. The scenario was repeated again and again. Medieval passion plays were no help. The infamous Kishinev pogrom of 1903 which began on the last day of Passover was the result of a blood libel. The Nazis heavily propagated the blood libel.

In their fervor to retell the crucifixion story, many church-goers pounced on all Jews because the Jews of 30 A.D. exclaimed, "[Jesus'] blood be on us and our children" (Matthew 27:25). Some feel this was fulfilled with the second Temple's destruction 40 years later, but, if so, the punishment ended there. Jesus prayed as he died, "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34a). The Roman soldiers and leaders, the Jewish people requesting Jesus' sentencing, and even Jesus' disciples who fled his side at the first sign of danger, were forever released from their culpability.

The true shame is that 'Easter', a holiday to celebrate the resurrection from death of God who became human, has at times instead been used as another excuse to persecute our people.
The God of the universe willingly surrendered himself to death for the spiritual benefit of all people, especially his Jewish people. Jesus' Last Supper was a seder. The two holidays are purposefully interconnected. Jesus' resurrection on the third day, much like the afikomen's "burial" and return at the third cup, are often eclipsed today by plastic, kaleidoscopic eggshells and a glazed ham [unclean meat] dinner.

Just like some of the disconnected traditions of 'Easter' celebration for many families today, this hatred of Jews is irrational and illogical. We, as God's chosen people, have experienced much pain from our neighbors' jealousy via leaders who hate God and His promises to the Jewish people. These promises include a future messiah who will rule all nations (Genesis 49:10).
Acts of anti-Semitism, particularly by self-identifying Jesus followers, is a spiritual attack. It forms additional obstacles for a Jewish espousal of Jesus. It has produced in us a fear of betrayal by accepting the one in who's name we have been oppressed. Perhaps the boomer generation, find this more the case than my millennial peers would. Regardless, this fear lives on. It cripples many from choosing a life connected to God in the way He intended.
Repent Or Burn

United States

#6489 Mar 31, 2013
-That's the FACT you 9th Commandment sinner!
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6490 Mar 31, 2013
Flash1969 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way you will claim it as a miracle or "god's" will.
But;
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Matthew 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
NO if or buts here!! So let's test this claim.*I want you and Lori to pray for one year of world peace - something I'm sure you two would desire and wish for greatly.
QAlthough it's not as though millions haven't tried this before, but as you're "god's" bestest buddies, I'm sure it will work for you!!
I will acknowledge the existence of "god" if after one week - time to cash in on the ironclad promise - and for a year thereafter there is worldwide peace. SIMPLE!!
If 2 Christians meet together and both pray together for God to make them sprout wings because they would like to fly like a bird, He's not likely to answer that prayer...... All things in the Bible have to be placed in their proper context.....It is good that you are reading the scriptures!!,,,,,,Prayers have to be by faith.... Mark 11:23..and in the will of GOD...Matt 6: 10...
"thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"....
It is not likely that God will answer such a (BET) as you offer above, in order to prove to your unbelieving mind that He exists.
He has already given you the Bible, the record of the Saviour, Jesus Christ, historical prophecies fulfilled, and the proof of his amazing design in your very body and in all the universe, and in nature all around you....
And as to world peace, the Bible has already foretold that it will not be, as you are asking us to pray for....Dan.12 and Matt. 24 prophecies about knowledge increasing, wars, earthquakes, etc, are all fulfilled just as the Bible states......It is not reasonable to believe that I should pray on your (bet) for that which God has already put in His own timetable.......He will bring peace when it is time.......
God has answered MANY prayers for me, but some He did not give the answer I wanted....I was not always in His will, nor has it always been his will....
As far as me and God being best buddies....He has been a FAR better
friend to me than I have ever been to Him.....He is truly
AMAZING...giving me things I have never deserved.......
I will continue to pray for Olasonn's nephew, and sincerely hope
that he gets better.......

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6491 Mar 31, 2013
The idea that God answers people's prayers, many think is ludicrous.

What makes one person any more special than another for God to answer their prayer more than anyone else's prayers? Why does Olasonn's nephew deserve it more than someone else's mother dying of cancer?

Why would God answer some people's prayers and not others?

Christian's sure start crowing when they believe a prayer has been answered BUT...

How many time do we hear about UNANSWERED prayers?... Never!

Or how often do we hear about the many times a person has been asking God for a war to stop here, or suffering to stop over there? Rarely!

Statistically, answered prayers are not any better than a chance event.

If Olasson's nephew gets better it will be because of medicine, technology... science. but sadly for some illnesses, science is not quite there yet.

Gunnar, treat your nephew like he may pass away tomorrow, but plan like he will live a full life.

Carpe diem.

Since: Jan 08

San Mateo, CA

#6492 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, if your prayer doesn't work, will you stop believing in god?
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6493 Mar 31, 2013
pearl wrote:
<quoted text>But the fact of the matter is, this is a Christian nation. The lawmakers you are frustrated with still claim to be Christian. It seems you have more of a beef with those you claim to be, not true Christian than Atheists. How do you blame Atheists for the problems of this country, if they are such a small minority? They certainly aren't running the show and have very little power. On your other note, what the so called forefathers did to the natives here, was claimed to be for there own good, we can now see that it was wrong, as you admitted yet, they are still doing it, worldwide. Your fellow Christian here Lori claims we are teaching the poor of Africa to better care for themselves {teach a man to fish} was her claim, as though these people are somehow new on this planet. These San people of Africa have been living the same way for thousands of generations. And for some assnine reason Christians think they need to be shown the right way to live, and because of western Christian culture, they really are being forced to abandon their ancient ways. By the way since your Christian, Happy Easter.
Claiming to be and being are 2 different things..... Anyone who is for anti-Biblical things such as abortion, gay marriage, etc are not in the will of God, no matter what they claim to be ....and such doctrines are destroying the US.......And please tell us what you are....... if not an atheist, then what?
All I know about is that Christians have tried to (help) those in Africa, etc, with medicines, better hygiene, and other such things, and yes they tell them about Jesus.....
Happy Easter to you as well....... I do not worship the god
Easter but rather the resurrected Jesus Christ, God in the flesh......who replaced all former false lifeless gods.

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

#6494 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
If 2 Christians meet together and both pray together for God to make them sprout wings because they would like to fly like a bird, He's not likely to answer that prayer...... All things in the Bible have to be placed in their proper context.....It is good that you are reading the scriptures!!,,,,,,Prayers have to be by faith.... Mark 11:23..and in the will of GOD...Matt 6: 10...
"thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven"....
It is not likely that God will answer such a (BET) as you offer above, in order to prove to your unbelieving mind that He exists.
He has already given you the Bible, the record of the Saviour, Jesus Christ, historical prophecies fulfilled, and the proof of his amazing design in your very body and in all the universe, and in nature all around you....
And as to world peace, the Bible has already foretold that it will not be, as you are asking us to pray for....Dan.12 and Matt. 24 prophecies about knowledge increasing, wars, earthquakes, etc, are all fulfilled just as the Bible states......It is not reasonable to believe that I should pray on your (bet) for that which God has already put in His own timetable.......He will bring peace when it is time.......
God has answered MANY prayers for me, but some He did not give the answer I wanted....I was not always in His will, nor has it always been his will....
As far as me and God being best buddies....He has been a FAR better
friend to me than I have ever been to Him.....He is truly
AMAZING...giving me things I have never deserved.......
The biblical "promise" is UNEQUIVOCAL!! There is NO list of exclusions or exceptions. I mean the bible IS true, isn't it?
Jesus wouldn't lie, would he?
IN FACT, they rabbit on about it A LOT!! Each an iron-clad done deal!!
Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#6495 Mar 31, 2013
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if your prayer doesn't work, will you stop believing in god?
No...certainly not....since I have multiple proofs in the Bible, history, science, nature, and in my own life experiences, how could I?

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

#6497 Mar 31, 2013
In fact the bible is so internally conflicted and inconsistent, often ludicrously so, that no position can be unequivocally defended or refuted. You're arguing AGAINST the veracity of clear and categorical biblical text, yet you defend, as gospel, the much faulted and comical "flood" mythology.

The breadth of opinion as to what constitutes "biblical truth" is utterly fractured as clearly demonstrated by the number viciously opinionated threads on this site. Divisions abound and the same texts get thrown at opponents ENDLESSLY, to NO resolution or avail.

SO, why is it you're telling people you'll pray for healing - raising hope and expectation - when CLEARLY you believe that your prayers are IRRELEVANT because your "god" will do anything he damn well pleases, or "plans", REGARDLESS!!

Your position is CRUEL IN THE EXTREME!!!! And hypocritical to boot.
pearl

Salt Lake City, UT

#6499 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
Claiming to be and being are 2 different things..... Anyone who is for anti-Biblical things such as abortion, gay marriage, etc are not in the will of God, no matter what they claim to be ....and such doctrines are destroying the US.......And please tell us what you are....... if not an atheist, then what?
All I know about is that Christians have tried to (help) those in Africa, etc, with medicines, better hygiene, and other such things, and yes they tell them about Jesus.....
Happy Easter to you as well....... I do not worship the god
Easter but rather the resurrected Jesus Christ, God in the flesh......who replaced all former false lifeless gods.
As I said, it appears you have a bigger beef with fake Christians than you do with Atheists. But the U.S. has been on a corrupt path since it's inception. You as a Cherokee should have some knowledge of this. Why don't you get that the help being offered to the natives of Africa is the same ploy that was used on the natives here. And the natives of Africa will be expected to assimilate into western/Christian culture just as was expected of the Cherokee. They will have little choice. Nothing has changed in the likes of Christian expansion. The people of Africa will become an extinct culture, as your ancestors have. Anyway, I have repeatedly stated for the purposes of this discussion, since you need a definition, refer to me as agnostic. I'm an ultimate skeptic, but not so narrow minded, that I can't at least admit anything is possible. But there is no way Christianity is a good path to follow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THE LITTLE HORN of Daniel is not the Pope! 14 min JesusWasNOTaJew G... 530
One World Religion 20 min Eyeswideopen 6
Doug Batchelor Banned From SDA Churches! 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 14
ALF FINANCIAL ASSETS will AMAZE YOU!!! 4 hr DANNO 10
The Investigative Judgement is False Doctrine 4 hr DANNO 1,867
1260 ah = 1844 ad = 1 be 4 hr SamBee 93
SALVATION GOSPEL of MR EARBURNER (Jan '15) 17 hr DANNO 14
More from around the web