Atheist here, to answer any questions...

“Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog!!”

Since: May 08

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

#4800 Feb 7, 2013
Minister Robert lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Your very evolution-biased opinion does not hold up to reality.......Apparently phi beta kappa didn't do much for you.... you, as you cannot read and understand simple English....The site shows cleary how the word "species" has been changed to allow scientists to make their evolutionary charts fit their theory....
Quit yapping yourself, sir.......My faith does not matter to you either, so why question it??.....You have done nothing but TRAMPLE on my faith on this thread.......TO NO AVAIL.......There seems to be no way to reach someone who is bent on believing a pack of lies about evolution, and who will not take science, biology, logic, the BIBLE, or even the dictionary, or any website as any evidence of anything.......By the way , you are a monkey, according to the dictionary, since you say you are an ape, and I am not the LEAST bit interested in what you think about me.
The word "species" is still the word "species" and has been for a long time. I think you mean "what defines a species" has changed. And even that's wrong. The issue is taxonomical. Molecular biology and genome mapping have given scientists and taxonomists new tools to more accurately position species in relation to one another. Science is like that, you learn more and put it into practice.
Minister Robert lee

Campbellsville, KY

#4801 Feb 7, 2013
"Flash1969" said....Thnks BF for the post above. It mirrors my frustration over "bobby"'s failure to address the science supporting malarial hotspots as a selection pressure for the success of the HbS gene. As well as the evolution of MRSA under the selection preassure of antibiotics and SO many other issues.
Molecular biology and genome mapping, pharmacology, epidemiology and medicine ALL support the conclusion that life forms have evolved.
In the case of MRSA and other "superbugs" evolving under antibiotic selection pressure see this program! There's a wonderful time lapse photograpic sequence showing s. Aureas spreading thru an agar medium of increasingly concentrated antibiotic over a week.
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/#/Menu/Search/...
So, Bobby, watch it and address the SCIENCE if you still choose to refute it.

Minister Robert Lee said....
It said the video was unavailable,,,,,I will try to watch it later.
It is indeed terrible that people are dying from such viruses and bacteria.....However, these bacteria are still bacteria......When they turn into a roach, and then a mouse, and then a fish, and then a man....get back to me,,,,ok????
Minister Robert lee

Campbellsville, KY

#4802 Feb 7, 2013
Flash1969 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you see, bobby, it requires rest and food to maintain fat levels for insulation! So we're back to the question of salinity of "flood" water - what did the walrus feed on? The squid and octupuses are benthic creatures as are the molluscs the walrus favour.
The benthic mollusks are belown miles of water, bad luck indeed for an animal that dives to a maximum of 90 metres! The sediment load of the water which creationists and flood apologist require to lay down the sedimentary rock we see today - because it "explains" the fossil record - means all benthic animals are under sediment and are OFF the menu.
What Ice?? The flood myth doesn't mention ice!! And given that there's no rainfall before the "flood" and most creationists view the ante deluvian period as a sort of tropical rainforest without the rain, where's the ice coming from? You see, every crackpot idea you have to support either the "flood" or "creation" myths vs. the reality we see today, has consequences for every other part of your "beliefs".
So, was the water salty/fresh
1....I am not a flood apologist,,,,I do not APOLOGIZE for anything in the BIBLE ,as I do not have to do so, since it is the truth anyway.......
2....There are many details the Bible does not mention about the flood.....That does not prove there was no ice.....
3....Octopusses survived in the waters,,,,,Walruses can eat octopusses......
4...A cracked pot is a clay container that is about to break,,,,similar to your posts.......

“Jeremiah Was A Bullfrog!!”

Since: May 08

Ben Lomond, Tasmania

#4803 Feb 7, 2013
"Flash1969" said....Thnks BF for the post above. It mirrors my frustration over "bobby"'s failure to address the science supporting malarial hotspots as a selection pressure for the success of the HbS gene. As well as the evolution of MRSA under the selection preassure of antibiotics and SO many other issues.
Molecular biology and genome mapping, pharmacology, epidemiology and medicine ALL support the conclusion that life forms have evolved.
In the case of MRSA and other "superbugs" evolving under antibiotic selection pressure see this program! There's a wonderful time lapse photograpic sequence showing s. Aureas spreading thru an agar medium of increasingly concentrated antibiotic over a week.
http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/#/Menu/Search/...
So, Bobby, watch it and address the SCIENCE if you still choose to refute it.
Minister Robert Lee said....
It said the video was unavailable,,,,,I will try to watch it later.
It is indeed terrible that people are dying from such viruses and bacteria.....However, these bacteria are still bacteria......When they turn into a roach, and then a mouse, and then a fish, and then a man....get back to me,,,,ok????
So, every animal with four legs is the same animal? You IDIOT!!
For an introduction to bacterial morphology see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria

Bacteria form multi-celled entities to enable processes that cannot be performed as a single cell. This ability is called "quorum sensing" and shows DIRECTLY how a single celled organism develops into a multi-celled one!!

For information on quorum sensing see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing

There is so much in the world of science that you just don't know exists and its like talking to a nasty bigoted and ignorant child. So, you've "Researched thoroughly" every post!? Bu&&sh*t!!

So, to reiterate - single celled bacteria form multi-cellular entities under certain pressures or life cycle requirements. And you can't see how life could havwe evolved from single cells to to more complicated multi-celled structures!!??
Minister Robert lee

Campbellsville, KY

#4804 Feb 7, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to point out the ridiculousness of this statement in the context that we have been discussing and the level of illogical ineptitude of someone that would write such a stupid thing.
Bobby is trying to equate ever growing scientific knowledge to some mystical, unchanging 'truth'. Its a false equivalency of the highest order.
If knowledge and understanding haven't been able to grow and build on prior understandings and knowledge the human race would still be living in caves and using stone tools. Using bobby's simplistic apologetics we would still claim that the Earth is the center of the universe because according to him science isn't allowed to be in a constant state of refinement, growth, and pursuit.
False equivalency isn't even the only fallacy contained in his asinine statement. It implies an argument from authority fallacy, too, because bobby claims to know the 'truth' regarding taxonomy and the means by which species are and have been classified. The reality is that he's only shown that he is completely clueless to the very basics of science in general and specifically biology. So much so, he doesn't even realize that his hubris has allowed him to make a complete fool of himself regarding very basic knowledge repeatedly. Instead of using time here to learn, even if its to be a better debater on this subject, he just plays his petty shell game.
Anyone that would even discuss science as the search for 'truth' would be laughed out of a science classroom. Science is a pursuit of knowledge and how knowledge can be applied.
<quoted text>
The author doesn't matter? Then you concede that the authors of the bible fables are not important either? You must also think that everything ever written is of the same value.
This is also yet another fallacy. A strawman to be specific. Clearly bobby is quickly distancing himself from and disavowing the quality of his lone source by prematurely claiming that its our fault his evidence is of such poor and dated quality that its so easily scrutinized.
"The author doesn't matter" are the words of someone that has no interest in this idea of "truth" because by definition not caring about the source of information means that you also don't care about the quality of the information. In other words, you show plainly that you don't care about 'truth', and only care about defending your ideology.
Why are jesus' proponents such hypocrites and liars? This isn't even about whether the supernatural exist or not. The depth that this person is going to in order to try to protect his belief system is truly amazing to me. Now with the "yawwwnnn" nonsense its clear that bobby is in the beginnings of removing himself from the thread. Before he can do that, though, he needs to further convince himself of more lies in order to protect his ego from the reality that his brand of mysticism is cruel, illogical, and unable to withstand critical review.
Does bobby not realize that the thread is standing by waiting for him to present evidence for his claims, just as it has been for months? Does he really think that making claims, showing no supporting evidence, and playing the fool is anything akin to showing this so-called 'truth' he talks about but can't even demonstrate?
WOW!!!!....Blind......I will probably have to get a garbage truck as big as the ark of Noah to haul away this one.....Tell ya what...When you evolve from tne ape you are into a real human that is capable of discussing things on some INTELLIGENT level....I will be glad to converse with you!!!... then there could be a real discussion.....
Minister Robert lee

Campbellsville, KY

#4805 Feb 7, 2013
Flash1969 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, every animal with four legs is the same animal? You IDIOT!!
For an introduction to bacterial morphology see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacteria
Bacteria form multi-celled entities to enable processes that cannot be performed as a single cell. This ability is called "quorum sensing" and shows DIRECTLY how a single celled organism develops into a multi-celled one!!
For information on quorum sensing see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum_sensing
There is so much in the world of science that you just don't know exists and its like talking to a nasty bigoted and ignorant child. So, you've "Researched thoroughly" every post!? Bu&&sh*t!!
So, to reiterate - single celled bacteria form multi-cellular entities under certain pressures or life cycle requirements. And you can't see how life could havwe evolved from single cells to to more complicated multi-celled structures!!??
I will put this one on the ark-sized garbage truck with another one of Blind Faithiness' and haul them both off to the dump together.... where they belong......I am still waiting for you atheists/apes to evolve enough to carry on a decent conversation with me.......Why not get real and cut the non-productive name-calling and curse words, and show you can be a decent, intelligent
human that is capable of carrying on a good non-boring debate????
Minister Robert lee

Campbellsville, KY

#4806 Feb 7, 2013
The non-productive/name-calling/cu rsing/methods employed by the atheists on this thread is evidence that they have not EVOLVED at all.......They seem incapable of carrying on a decent discussion/debate without acting like ANIMALS.....Thus, one MORE of MULTIPLE proofs that evolution is a hillarious fairy tale.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4807 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
1....I am not a flood apologist,,,,I do not APOLOGIZE for anything in the BIBLE ,as I do not have to do so, since it is the truth anyway.......
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! You don't know what an apologist is, huh? It has nothing to do with apologizing, you clown. Get a dictionary!!! So many things you obviously don't know and that ego of yours just keeps making you look dumber and dumber.

apologist: one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/apo...

He said he isn't an apologist b'c he doesn't apologize. LOLOLOLOL!!! That's awesome, dude!! Made my day. You really do act like a complete idiot on such a regular frequency that you definitely don't need anyone else to help you look stupid. I'll be laughing at this all day long! Thanks for the LOLs.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4808 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Your very evolution-biased opinion does not hold up to reality.......Apparently phi beta kappa didn't do much for you.... you, as you cannot read and understand simple English....The site shows cleary how the word "species" has been changed to allow scientists to make their evolutionary charts fit their theory....
HAHA!! You don't what Phi Beta Kappa is either, I see.

If the "site shows clearly how the word "species" has been changed" and shows evidence for your recent conspiracy theory, you should have no problem quoting the relevant parts so we can see what you find to be important. All I read about is the change in methods of classifying because the 17th/18th century methods didn't account for evolution and the 19/early-20th century methods didn't have the benefits of genetic sequencing.

No one has denied that as science's technology has improved, there has been a refining of taxonomic methods. Heck, that's something that we're proud of, not hiding. We have worked hard to improve the different ways to understand a specie's relationships within the greater orders of lifeforms and we want to be as accurate as possible, even if that means having to go back and correct the work of predecessors that didn't have newer technology available. Duh!

In other words(because I realize now that you really, really have zero understanding of even basic words), science has improved over time. Whoa!!! Big surprise, bubby. Now, where's the evidence that a there is a recent conspiracy?

Also, will you be buying a dictionary soon, or should I start using smaller words to help you?
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4809 Feb 8, 2013
If bubby had bothered to read the site that he, himself, quoted he would have seen:

"The limited diving abilities of walruses brings them to depend on shallow waters (and the nearby ice floes) for reaching their food supply."

which clearly supports what Flash has been writing. How did they live in those miles-deep water?

Also, if the Earth could suddenly be covered in miles of water, any ice would be shattered and adrift in these miles-deep, desalinated waters.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#4810 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
PURE GARBAGE!!.....SLOP!!.....not even fit for the pigs to eat......Why don't you say something correct for a change???....I am SSSOOOOOOOO bored with your posts.......
Robert can't address a SINGLE argument. How sad.

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#4811 Feb 8, 2013
Your Phi Beta Kappa won't help or save you in the Day of Judgment...

Neither will of the honors, awards and riches that the world can give.. Yes, it's nice to have awards and honors, I have a few myself.. But I'd rather have Jesus then any of it. So thankful for God's grace and that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.. True joy, love and peace is with Him and in Him.

For it is appointed for a man/woman once to die and then after that the Judgment.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4812 Feb 8, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert can't address a SINGLE argument. How sad.
He's a hack. One of the poorest creation apologists that I've seen here.

#4813 Feb 8, 2013
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a hack. One of the poorest creation apologists that I've seen here.
And you've confirmed the opinion I have ALWAYS had of atheists ever since I could remember.

Thumbs down.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4814 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Quit yapping yourself, sir.......My faith does not matter to you either, so why question it??.....You have done nothing but TRAMPLE on my faith on this thread.......TO NO AVAIL.......There seems to be no way to reach someone who is bent on believing a pack of lies about evolution, and who will not take science, biology, logic, the BIBLE, or even the dictionary, or any website as any evidence of anything.......By the way , you are a monkey, according to the dictionary, since you say you are an ape, and I am not the LEAST bit interested in what you think about me.
This was a response to my challenging bubby to quote the relevant passages of his lone source regarding his claimed recent conspiracy by scientist to change the definition of 'species' in order to 'prove' evolution. Why wouldn't he just provide a quote so that there can be a review of his findings? Why is he choosing instead to obfuscate? He never even tries to use his OWN source as a means of support for his claims!!!!! If he can't be bothered to use the source, why should anyone else be bothered?

Just post some of those paragraphs from your lone source that explain how science was were different in the 17th century compared to the 1970s and 1980s. Too, too funny. Maybe you'll explain how Newtonian physics was modified by Einstein and how Einstein lead a conspiracy to disavow Newton's "truth", regardless of reality!!! LOLOL!!!

Its awesome that he mentions the dictionary when he's shown so many times that his ability to use one is atrocious. So, are you a creation apologist or what, bubby? I've been laughing and telling people about your stupidity and truthiness all day, bubs!!! You are a lesson in what not to be for the next generations, but you are entertaining as a clown, I'll admit.

Truthiness: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#4815 Feb 8, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>And you've confirmed the opinion I have ALWAYS had of atheists ever since I could remember.
That we require that claims be backed up and refuse to believe in nonsense? True.

#4816 Feb 8, 2013
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
That we require that claims be backed up and refuse to believe in nonsense? True.
No, that their lost.
No, it's not nonsense.
olasonn

Norway

#4817 Feb 8, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that their lost.
Their what is lost?
colporteur Kevin

Omaha, NE

#4818 Feb 8, 2013
Olasonn;

I think you should be treated better here for we do not truly know your heart or your motives. It doesn't look good but people cover up very well.

We do agree on a few things. You do not believe in internal life, correct? If you maintain what appears to be your view all you will have is this life to live. At best that is not an enviable future.

You continue to ask for evidence that there is a God. Let me ask, what evidence would convince you? If the Lord Jesus came down would you believe or would you say its just an illusion ? Would you say its trickery ? If the Father in heaven came down and said here I am Olasonn would you believe in God or would you say, I'm dreaming ? My point is that if one truly does not want to believe, there is no evidence possible that could convince them. God will not force you to believe or accept His provision for salvation. Some of the most studied and staunch atheists this worlds has seen have finally admitted that atheistic evolution makes no sense but is simply one false theory after another as men seek to deny God.

How do I know there is a God ? I know what my life was like before finding God and I know what it is like now. If you have not been converted it is impossible to explain it to you. It is like trying to describe what a red rose looks like to someone who has been blind all their life.

I will not be harsh with you because I know a part from God there is no true happiness. Any true happiness you have now is from God you just refuse to realize that.

I am thankful for all that Jesus has done for me. There is no happiness apart from God but only counterfeits. Many that profess to be Christians and SDA Christians are no more converted that yourself Olasonn and thus their speech betrays them. They have not the spirit of Christ.

I love you Olasonn because the Lord loves you. He suffered for you and even gives you the freedom to spit in His face and deny him. He suffered all that could be suffered just to give you an opportunity to accept or to deny Him. That is true love. I pray now that my post will come across in the right spirit and that the Lord whom you may not believe will try again to reach your heart even though it seems locked shut.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#4819 Feb 8, 2013
colporteur Kevin wrote:

You continue to ask for evidence that there is a God. Let me ask, what evidence would convince you? If the Lord Jesus came down would you believe or would you say its just an illusion ?
Kevin, you are obviously confused or being manipulative. He and others have been asking for evidence of the supernatural only when someone that believes in god(s) begins to make claims about that god(s). He has asked for the believers in the supernatural to show evidence for their claim.

There is a very big difference in asking someone to back up there claims of supernatural forces at work in the world versus randomly asking individuals for evidence of a xtian god with no intention of listening(as you seem to be asserting). You have only created a strawman that fits the emotional narrative you employ. Its a dishonest way to introduce yourself to the thread, but welcome anyway. Can you possibly stick to telling us what Kevin thinks and refrain from telling anyone that isn't Kevin what they are thinking?

So, when is the "Lord Jesus" coming "down", anyway? To try and equate a supposed-supernatural being appearing in the midst of mortals to you having feelings about your own life is a bit of a stretch now isn't it, Kevin? If the "Lord Jesus" shows up, lets talk. But, since you have shown that you are basing your faith on a bronze age collection of rehashed stories and your **feelings**, I'm going to need to see some evidence before going along, alright?

I have a feeling that Gunnar is going to have a similar opinion.

I'm not saying you can't be right, but its a big claim that will need to be accompanied by some big evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC not TC 2 hr Patriot 302
The 7th Day: Fact and Fiction 2 hr Patriot 2,208
I am a true Seventh-day Adventist 4 hr Zog Has-fallen 19
Sunday Bread (Acts 20:7) 5 hr KSH 54
State Law about Sabbath keeping. Read first. N... 6 hr KSH 4
Ron Wyatt Renown Archaeologist found the Arc of... 7 hr RazeSDA 47
the love of money is the root of all evil 8 hr misbehaved 22
Pull your children out of the Adventist Schools (Jun '09) Aug '17 Saturn Day 464
More from around the web