Atheist here, to answer any questions...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3046 Dec 3, 2012
olasonn wrote:
Excellent post!
I just use their rule book "the Bible" as evidence to support the way I think their God expects them to behave.
...I wouldn't be surprised if many "believers" really didn't believe deep down, but due to social/family pressure and the feeling of being important they claim so.
I certainly think this is the case in some cases and in a annonymous forum like this they're not accountable to anyone...
...and in others it's their struggle with their own human nature/self control...and there are a few very genuine christians here that are trying their best to show any non-believers why they believe their christian rule book is right.
Gerhard Ebersoehns

South Africa

#3047 Dec 3, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
6,000 years of sin and sorrow have taken their toll on us. Once again, we have come to the fullness of the times. Time for God to manifest His presence and power again as He did in the days of Christ and the earth will be lightened as "Darkness covers the earth and gross darkness the people." Isaiah 60:1-3.
sky
You know Haendel's Messiah? Warum rasen die Voelker und toben in Zorne? It got rhythm like no other piece of music ever ... Ahh must take a break now ...

Location hidden

#3048 Dec 3, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
In the 3rd week of December, the same as xmas, the Earth's tilt and position begins the process of seemingly 'immaculate conception' as the daylight starts to lengthen, heralding the inevitable return to spring and summer growth.
It still takes a good 3 months after that for things to start warming-up up here however! LOL

Location hidden

#3049 Dec 3, 2012
DANNO wrote:
Sorry if my question sounds stupid to you.
Dan
That's because many of them at times are ol' China...
Proverbs24 11 12 NLT

Newton Center, MA

#3050 Dec 3, 2012
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't know the Egyptians weren't Christians or that Stonehenge was built by Druids.
60,000 years, you're off a few more decimal points my friend. The Earth is approx 4.6 billion years old.
Where do you come up with 60,000 years? I haven't heard that one, but then again haven't heard your other wild ideas either.
God uses whoever He pleases to build HIStory in stone, thousands of men were employed by Enoch over 12,500 years ago cuz God set it as an altar And a pillar in the midst of Egypt as undeniable evidence that man cannot build today even a small scale replica of that pyramid as it was originally ( almost laser perfectly) made.(Isaiah 19:19) and it satisfies the parameters of that verse as well as having mindblowing gematria and astronomical measurement kawinkidinks of number sequences and more. So yeah 60,000 is a bit too high. It never had a capstone/Cornerstone cuz Christ is THE Cornerstone

"Stonehenge was built by Druids"
--ppppffffffffttt!!
Those murdering child sacrificing whacko freaks came long after that Christian calendar in England (that points to the Great Pyramid) was erected, just as the GP points to Bethlehem, and has His measurements and Numbers Scripturally Gematrically Chronologically HIStorically and Planetarily all through it,
Bonnie on that-

You really need her book Beginings
Wow! I just went to Amazon and you can read the whole book there free!-->
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/093281378X/re...

Here's some really intricate GP and star stuff to chew on if ya like, it's tied to the whole 2012 Dec 21 Mayan thing as well as Today Dec 3rd!
GP http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/2012-...

former Illuminati member turned Christian and whistleblower Doc Marquis on Halloween etc. and history and the truth about the evil Druids and more
http://www.youtube.com/results...

Since: Jan 08

San Mateo, CA

#3051 Dec 3, 2012
Proverbs24 11 12 NLT wrote:
<quoted text>
God uses whoever He pleases to build HIStory in stone, thousands of men were employed by Enoch over 12,500 years ago cuz God set it as an altar And a pillar in the midst of Egypt as undeniable evidence that man cannot build today even a small scale replica of that pyramid as it was originally ( almost laser perfectly) made.(Isaiah 19:19) and it satisfies the parameters of that verse as well as having mindblowing gematria and astronomical measurement kawinkidinks of number sequences and more. So yeah 60,000 is a bit too high. It never had a capstone/Cornerstone cuz Christ is THE Cornerstone
--ppppffffffffttt!!
Those murdering child sacrificing whacko freaks came long after that Christian calendar in England (that points to the Great Pyramid) was erected, just as the GP points to Bethlehem, and has His measurements and Numbers Scripturally Gematrically Chronologically HIStorically and Planetarily all through it,
Bonnie on that- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6rXNGdLDiGwXX
Here's some really intricate GP and star stuff to chew on if ya like, it's tied to the whole 2012 Dec 21 Mayan thing as well as Today Dec 3rd!
former Illuminati member turned Christian and whistleblower Doc Marquis on Halloween etc. and history and the truth about the evil Druids and more
There is no evidence Christians had anything to do with the pyramids

And I had mistaken the Druids, as the builders, thanks for the correction, but no Christians in the works of Stonehenge.

Oh boy, the Mayan conspiracy can't wait.

San Mateo, CA

#3052 Dec 3, 2012
Proverbs24 11 12 NLT wrote:
<quoted text>
--ppppffffffffttt!!
Bonnie on that- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6rXNGdLDiGwXX
Just looked at the pyramid site, let's not get into all that crap, that's something for Thrive Movie conspiracy energy people and "What The Bleep Do WE Know" kooks.

No thanks.
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#3053 Dec 3, 2012
Minister Robert Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
NO lie on my part
Still refuse to admit it? I'm done with you.
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#3054 Dec 3, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Ola
So, in reality you are not a believer of CREATION or EVELUTION correct?
Yes, I don't believe in creation and I accept evolution.
DANNO wrote:
What do you call your beliefs then?
Define "beliefs". Just so I know we're on the same page.
Minister Robert Lee

Big Clifty, KY

#3055 Dec 4, 2012
Hey Everyone ....Olasonn made the following statement when I told him about a scientist on the History channel saying that "birds developed wings by running up steeper and steeper cliffs over periods of millions of years in order to escape from predators"....
"If many birds, but with not fully developed wings, jumped off cliffs, and some had more partly developed wings than the others, they would have a better chance of surviving the fall. Their genes would be passed on, along with their genes for a better wing than the ones that dies. In time, better and better wings would be the result"
Olasann calls me a liar for saying that he believes that birds could have developed wings by the very method he himself described in detail as above......
His description of this nonsensical scenario fits precisely with the statement of the scientist, and is proof that he is brainwashed by such absurdly ridiculous evolutionary fairy tales.......Every poor little wingless birdie would end up in the local Chirpie Hospital or the Featherville Mortuary.....No creature or human has or ever will pass any wing genes on to offspring by jumping off cliffs.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#3056 Dec 4, 2012
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
It still takes a good 3 months after that for things to start warming-up up here however! LOL
Yep, same here in the mountains, CQJP. It really just starts to hit the peak of the cold right around New Year's and we don't start greening up again until usually right around Zombie Jesus day(I mean Easter).

3rd week December: days stop getting shorter/start getting longer-rebirth of the god of life/growth

3 lunar cycles later(3 days on the cross for xtians): The world(N hemisphere world) has come back to life once again in the form of animals giving birth and flowers and food growing! He(pagan god{s} of life) has risen!

If those ancient pagans that began to give faces to the mysteries of the season's changes in plants and animals, regarding the annual cycles of apparent death an rebirth, could see how their celebrations have carried on through time in different forms, I wonder if the connections to the changes in season/daylight would be more apparent to them than our modern friends here?

Stay warm, CQJP.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#3057 Dec 4, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Still refuse to admit it? I'm done with you.
You showed a heck of a lot more patience than I could/would have, G. I always appreciate the even-handed approach you use, even in the face of the religious who have no problem lying and obfuscating for their god(even when that god has outlawed such behavior).

That dishonesty from the religious advocates does more to show the hollowness of the belief system than almost anything else I can imagine or have witnessed.

I think that is a telling point regarding what you and CQJP were discussing about many not truly believing the things they themselves report to be 'religious fact'.
Blackberry

Bolton, Canada

#3058 Dec 4, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
You showed a heck of a lot more patience than I could/would have, G. I always appreciate the even-handed approach you use, even in the face of the religious who have no problem lying and obfuscating for their god(even when that god has outlawed such behavior).
That dishonesty from the religious advocates does more to show the hollowness of the belief system than almost anything else I can imagine or have witnessed.
I think that is a telling point regarding what you and CQJP were discussing about many not truly believing the things they themselves report to be 'religious fact'.
It's not nice to tell people that your neigbour's laundry is not clean when you hadn't washed your window in ages. Please repent and ask forgiveness of those you have so grossly offended.
Thank you.

San Mateo, CA

#3059 Dec 4, 2012
Hey Everyone ....Olasonn made the following statement when I told him about a scientist on the History channel saying that "birds developed wings by running up steeper and steeper cliffs over periods of millions of years in order to escape from predators"....
"If many birds, but with not fully developed wings, jumped off cliffs, and some had more partly developed wings than the others, they would have a better chance of surviving the fall. Their genes would be passed on, along with their genes for a better wing than the ones that dies. In time, better and better wings would be the result"
Olasann calls me a liar for saying that he believes that birds could have developed wings by the very method he himself described in detail as above......
His description of this nonsensical scenario fits precisely with the statement of the scientist, and is proof that he is brainwashed by such absurdly ridiculous evolutionary fairy tales.......Every poor little wingless birdie would end up in the local Chirpie Hospital or the Featherville Mortuary.....No creature or human has or ever will pass any wing genes on to offspring by jumping off cliffs.
You are simply mischaracterizing it as birds developed wings by running up steeper cliffs. That is the problem, not Olasson.

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

#3060 Dec 4, 2012
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a huge problem with hell, say a mother is a Christian and hse has a son who took care of her, loved her and respected her, they had a friendship as well as a parent child relationship. The son is not a Christian, so the mother goes to heaven but knows her son is burning forever in hell, how could that resemble any kind of heaven for that mother?
Pete-o, There are so many of these kind of illogical scenarios in religions that I can't possibly follow one of them. I came to this post to ask some simple straight forward questions but no one wants to even talk to me. I did get an answer about who, what, where is God but it was all...umm...lovely but...there simply was no answer. Just wonderful praise which sounded real nice but said nothing.

I was an aspiring priest at one time. Now all I want is some realistic answers to simple questions but can not get them. This only pushes me further from religion.

I'm going to try one more time and I'll ask a simple easy question: How are we to know which religion is the one true one? Because I was born a Catholic is certainly not the answer. So someone that is born Muslim should become Christan and I want to know why?? ANY ONE???

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

#3061 Dec 4, 2012
I have been ignored so far in this post and all I want is some very simple questions answered. The fact that no one will answer them is pulling me further from religion than I have already gone. I will try one more time:

Can someone tell me how a person is to know which religion is the one true one?

San Mateo, CA

#3062 Dec 4, 2012
Kawalski wrote:
I have been ignored so far in this post and all I want is some very simple questions answered. The fact that no one will answer them is pulling me further from religion than I have already gone. I will try one more time:
Can someone tell me how a person is to know which religion is the one true one?
I think I addressed this earlier, but forgive me if I didn't. The religionists are the ones to answer this question, since I firmly believe from my perspective that the religion people choose relies mainly on where you were born and what religion your parents are.

Now if we saw evidence the Native Americans or some other such group isolated rom Christianity 2000 years ago had a divine revelation before Xtianity had come this way, that would be something.

However, the religion travel here just as you expect any man made religion to arrive.

I find it very curious the religionists veer away from your question. But there are certain questions they just will not answer, it means peering too far into their beliefs and they don't seem to have that much curiosity.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3063 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Have any of you considered the fact that scientists can and often ARE wrong....? Perhaps those radio carbon dating evolution-believing scientists are completely off-base..... Just like the Hawaaian lava flows that were dated to between 164 million and 3 billion years ago and were instead only 200 years old.......
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CD/CD013.h...
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#3064 Dec 4, 2012
The_Box wrote:
Are you suggesting that there are religious apologists that would continue to use already debunked, bad-science to try pretend that there are inconsistencies and lack of consensus regarding the age of the Earth? I'm flabbergasted!

Not really. As we've all seen, the religious here seem less interested in honesty and more interested in propping up a crumbling view of the universe by any means necessary; even if those means directly contradict the foundation of the very religion they are trying to defend. As they say "all things are possible through jesus," including the suspension of their god's own commandments. Amazing mental gymnastics is the best description for the behavior.
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#3065 Dec 4, 2012
Hey Everyone
Oh my Zeus, like a kid running to his mama.

I went along with your hypotheical and erronius statement and said how it COULD have happened, starting my statement with IF. No where did I say that I thought this is how it happened, and you have stated over and over again the lie that this is what I claim happened.

It is a lie, and you are making a fool of yourself not admitting it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2nd Coming of Jesus Christ 9 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 236
When Did the Old Covenant End and the New Coven... 35 min SDA 882
3 Questions that frighten all SDA CULT members! (May '14) 38 min SDA 600
How is Quoting Ellen G. White Evidence that SDA... 43 min SDA 31
Sabbath 2 hr SDA 62
Adventists That Were Unjustly Forced Out of the... 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 166
Holidays and SDA church 5 hr SaturnDay 3
What Should Be Done When Secretly Threatened By... 6 hr Zog Has-fallen 139
More from around the web