“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#2924 Nov 30, 2012
Ce que je pense,

Don't you know that with Jesus the believers will judge the world? 1 Corinthians 6:2...

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Since: Nov 12

Littleton, CO

#2925 Nov 30, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Kawa. I've given you mine. You'll probably just need to jump in on a ongoing discussion and work your question in, directed at specific individuals. Trying to get straight answers out of the supernaturalists here can be tough.
Probably not going to see much more than "yes, god can have a son. I know this because the bible says so" or something to that effect. If you're looking for speculation and assertion(which is what open ended questions like the ones you've raised will inevitably bring) you will be pleasantly rewarded. If you want claims supported by evidence, you'll find little with respect to the supernatural.
Hope that helps. Hang in there. You'll figure out how to engage with the folks here.
I am in bed and thought I would check this one more time before going to sleep. I'm glad I did. I didn't expect such a level, civil reply. Especially one so down to EARTH:):) I am still looking forward to an answer...Maybe...Like you say, I will get supernatural stuff and I have been there, done that. I want to see if any one has a conclusion of ...the things I asked. I do!!! But it is only my idea which might be fun to discuss. I'd rather discuss someone else's though.
Thank you very much. I will sleep well:):)
olasonn

Norway

#2926 Nov 30, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaac Newton was a Christian, and so was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Isaac Newton also believed in alchemy. Smart men can believe silly things.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2927 Nov 30, 2012
Kawalski wrote:
<quoted text>I am in bed and thought I would check this one more time before going to sleep. I'm glad I did. I didn't expect such a level, civil reply. Especially one so down to EARTH:):) I am still looking forward to an answer...Maybe...Like you say, I will get supernatural stuff and I have been there, done that. I want to see if any one has a conclusion of ...the things I asked. I do!!! But it is only my idea which might be fun to discuss. I'd rather discuss someone else's though.
Thank you very much. I will sleep well:):)
Another monkey joins the boisterous troop with which I have to deal with already.
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2928 Nov 30, 2012
Pete-o wrote:
Evolution of the Eye:
When evolution skeptics want to attack Darwin's theory, they often point to the human eye. How could something so complex, they argue, have developed through random mutations and natural selection, even over millions of years?
If evolution occurs through gradations, the critics say, how could it have created the separate parts of the eye -- the lens, the retina, the pupil, and so forth -- since none of these structures by themselves would make vision possible? In other words, what good is five percent of an eye?
Darwin acknowledged from the start that the eye would be a difficult case for his new theory to explain. Difficult, but not impossible. Scientists have come up with scenarios through which the first eye-like structure, a light-sensitive pigmented spot on the skin, could have gone through changes and complexities to form the human eye, with its many parts and astounding abilities.
Through natural selection, different types of eyes have emerged in evolutionary history -- and the human eye isn't even the best one, from some standpoints. Because blood vessels run across the surface of the retina instead of beneath it, it's easy for the vessels to proliferate or leak and impair vision. So, the evolution theorists say, the anti-evolution argument that life was created by an "intelligent designer" doesn't hold water: If God or some other omnipotent force was responsible for the human eye, it was something of a botched design.
Biologists use the range of less complex light sensitive structures that exist in living species today to hypothesize the various evolutionary stages eyes may have gone through.
Here's how some scientists think some eyes may have evolved: The simple light-sensitive spot on the skin of some ancestral creature gave it some tiny survival advantage, perhaps allowing it to evade a predator. Random changes then created a depression in the light-sensitive patch, a deepening pit that made "vision" a little sharper. At the same time, the pit's opening gradually narrowed, so light entered through a small aperture, like a pinhole camera.
Every change had to confer a survival advantage, no matter how slight. Eventually, the light-sensitive spot evolved into a retina, the layer of cells and pigment at the back of the human eye. Over time a lens formed at the front of the eye. It could have arisen as a double-layered transparent tissue containing increasing amounts of liquid that gave it the convex curvature of the human eye.
In fact, eyes corresponding to every stage in this sequence have been found in existing living species. The existence of this range of less complex light-sensitive structures supports scientists' hypotheses about how complex eyes like ours could evolve. The first animals with anything resembling an eye lived about 550 million years ago. And, according to one scientist's calculations, only 364,000 years would have been needed for a camera-like eye to evolve from a light-sensitive patch.
scenarios......
could have....
may have evolved....
may have gone through....
could have arisen....
hypothesize......
about 550 million years ago....
only 364,000 years would have been needed....

In all fairness, the hassle you atheists have given us about Noah's ark is totally unjustified by your "could haves" and "may haves" and "would have been neededs", here, talking about the eye.
It is obvious these arguments against the eye being wonderfully and properly designed by God, are only suppositional at best.....
Your argument does not hold water, sir....However, with reference to Noah's ark....It floated quite well.......
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2929 Nov 30, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Exhibit A. But as for smartness, I'm not so sure.
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2930 Nov 30, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, Olasonn....! You said it>>>>>There are many smart scientists, and you, who now believe in the silly idea of evolution.....However considering that Isaac Newton is historically hailed as one of the, and probably THE greatest of ALL scientists, perhaps you should at least be willing to consider that he just MAY have been right about the existence of GOD.
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2931 Nov 30, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Job 38.31: "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion?"
Where does it talk about gravity??? You are just inserting what you want there, it's just poetry.
Jonah 2.6: "To the roots of the mountains I sank down"
Poetic language again, doesn't say mountains on the ocean floor. It's easy to see that mountain sides continue down into the ocean.
I am surprised that someone as up on evolution, biology and geology as you claim to be does not know that there are mountains under the ocean taller than Mount Everest......not just the mountainsides going down into the water,,,,,,All you have to do is type in.."Are there mountains under the ocean"? and plenty of sites will pop up.....Man had no way of knowing this thousands of years ago when JOB was written.......
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2932 Nov 30, 2012
Hey,,, Thanks for all the nuts again, guys.....all the more proof to me that you do not know what you are talking about, and are too afraid to admit it.....keep it up!!!
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#2933 Nov 30, 2012
This prophecey came true. Chapter 3 The seed of the woman
will bruise the serpants head.
Mary gave birth to the Lord Jesus Son of the Living God
as was foretold in Genesis. He defeated Satan at the cross. Went into hell and took the keys of death and hell. He shed HIs blood for all who would believe the words of His Father. If you believe in the words of Jesus and in The God who sent Him you will pass from death unto life. Their will be no condemnation for those
who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Taking away or
rapture of the church will take place in this generation. The generation who has seen Israel become a nation again. The bride of Christ which is the church will not see the tribulation. The Bride will be removed
from God's wrath. Study the ancient Jewish weding and you will see the rapture there.

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. When he lived on this
earth every town he went to the people were healed and
set free of demons. He will do the same for you.
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#2934 Dec 1, 2012
In the Book of Micah is waw prophecied that the Ruler
over Israel from ancient times would come from Bethlem.

God ordained Bethlem to be the birth place of the Messiah.....Andthat is exactly what happened.....

Read Miach chapter 5 All of it....God is in control!!!!
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#2935 Dec 1, 2012
Minister Robert Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am surprised that someone as up on evolution, biology and geology as you claim to be does not know that there are mountains under the ocean taller than Mount Everest.
I know about some of what there is under the sea, but that's not what the verse is talking about at all.
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

#2936 Dec 1, 2012
However considering that Isaac Newton is historically hailed as one of the, and probably THE greatest of ALL scientists, perhaps you should at least be willing to consider that he just MAY have been right about the existence of GOD.
The difference is that no one accepts his science because he was smart, but because they are objectively veryfiable. His belief in silly things isn't.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2937 Dec 1, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that no one accepts his science because he was smart, but because they are objectively veryfiable. His belief in silly things isn't.
So we Christians accept the evidentiary proofs of science but cannot with good conscience believe in the wild imaginations of those who draw conclusions in the air.

We reject the papers of silly things: that monkeys who wear suit and tie and speak norwegian, exist.
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#2938 Dec 1, 2012
Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. All prophecies in the Old Testament re: Jesus has come true. This proves that Jesus Chris is the Messiah and Creator of Heaven and Earth....This is all we need to know
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2939 Dec 1, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, then it is true that the great scientists of TODAY can be right about some things, and DEAD WRONG about some things..... Yet you trust virtually everything they say about evolution, whether it be a "might be" or "could possibly have been", or "most likely was", or "we think", or "probably about 35 million years ago or so", etc, etc,.......You just automatically take it for granted that they are totally correct, even though you say the beliefs of Isaac Newton are to be divided up into 2 categories...incorrect if about GOD,and correct if about proven science....... How narrow minded you are, sir...... How singlularly centered on ONE erroneous/suppositional theory.......
You still have no ground to stand on when it comes to where you came from.....no way to explain your design and intellect and function as related to undirected non-intellegent star stuff....... The more scientists dig into the incredible tiny machines, the more they see intelligence at work, and thus have to offer a way to explain it...... "Pre-life" is one of their explanations, but no explanation as to where "pre-life" originated from.......

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

#2940 Dec 1, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Another monkey joins the boisterous troop with which I have to deal with already.
Loll And just what the heck are you? I take it you are religious but you are a very bad speaker for the cause if you start out like that. You threw out all the rules and regulations with your first sentence. I could just imagine if you were a preacher Loll... Good morning folks. Well, have any of you run into those damned monkeys this last week? OMG!!! Every one of you have? OMG, it's getting worse out there!!! Something has to be done about this....I know, everyone put your head down and pray that God sends us some monkey killing guns so we can save humanity. My father who...Loll..:):)
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2941 Dec 1, 2012
olasonn wrote:
<quoted text>
I know about some of what there is under the sea, but that's not what the verse is talking about at all.
SO you , who have declared yourself an atheist, and a believer in evolution, are an authority on both evolution AND the BIBLE?? I cannot recall a single scripture we have discussed on here that you did not refute, or say means something ELSE other than what the Christians on here say it means....... WOW!! You are really smart, sir!!! A great authority on BOTH sides of the issue!! Now I understand where your great confidence and proof of evolution eminates from.....the fact that you know all about the Bible AND all about evolution..... I wonder how many of the great modern evolution- believing scientists are also authorities on the Bible as well.....??
Let's see..... the Bible pre-dates virtually all books on evolution, and much of it was written by actual eye-witnesses to the events it describes..... Compare that to the number of eyewitnesses or authors who were actually THERE to verify anything at all about evolution....the number is ZERO........
Minister Robert Lee

Elizabethtown, KY

#2942 Dec 1, 2012
What...? no NUTS on my post 2939....?? Are you guys slipping or trying to be nice?
olasonn

Norway

#2943 Dec 1, 2012
Good, then it is true that the great scientists of TODAY can be right about some things, and DEAD WRONG about some things.
Sure, new evidence can always come along, and that's when it's time to change ones mind.
Yet you trust virtually everything they say about evolution
If it's based on the evidence we have, why shouldn't I?
The difference between you and me is that one of us is open to new evidence changing our views.
, whether it be a "might be" or "could possibly have been", or "most likely was", or "we think", or "probably about 35 million years ago or so", etc, etc,.
Yes, that was your post a little while back, remember?
You just automatically take it for granted that they are totally correct
Not at all, it fits the evidence.
Between you and me only one of us take something for granted, and it's not me.
even though you say the beliefs of Isaac Newton are to be divided up into 2 categories...incorrect if about GOD,and correct if about proven science.
You're are misrepresenting what I said, some would call it lying.
Read it again and stop twisting my words if you want to continue the discussion.
You still have no ground to stand on when it comes to where you came from.
Sure I do, I come from my parents.
....no way to explain your design
DNA.
The more scientists dig into the incredible tiny machines, the more they see intelligence at work, and thus have to offer a way to explain it.
Nonsense. The more we learn about nature the fewer gaps we have for people like you to put your god into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Mrs.White Right or Wrong? 25 min Rubies 1,196
MANY SDA's believe WEDNESDAY Crucifixion, WHY? (Feb '11) 44 min Rubies 3,487
The Blasphemy of Jesus 1 hr Shane Rohrich 483
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! 1 hr Shane Rohrich 357
The Real Change in God's Law 2 hr Shane Rohrich 47
Tried S.D.A. Didn't Care For It. 2 hr Professor Jumper 36
Everlasting Gospel 4 hr birdman 7
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••