Atheist here, to answer any questions...
Minister Robert Lee

Brownsville, KY

#2821 Nov 29, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the man-made machine can be proven to be man-made through investigation. No one asserts that bikes are man-made just because there is a level of complication.
But, your assertions that god definitely and without doubt designed the universe **cannot** be proven via investigation. You are only asserting that. As Gunnar said, you are free to keep thinking that, but it doesn't get you or anyone else closer to showing this assertion to be grounded in truth.
Your analogy is poor and your proven lack of basic scientific understanding has eroded your credibility to nil.
This has been asked many times of you, but I haven't read a satisfactory answer yet: How do you know **your** god created the universe? Show evidence and not hollow assertion, please.
So you need to (investigate) before you would believe someone intelligent created a bicycle you see.....?? Ha ha.... What other options are there, when you see its well-constructed design sitting right in front of your already well-constructed and designed eyes??...To assume it just thunk itself into existence is not at all logical or scientific in any way.......

I believe the GOD of the BIBLE because of the appearance and death, burial, and resurrection ,and testimony of JESUS, whose life and miracles and crucifixion and ascension to heaven was witnessed by hundreds of people and his disciples. The SON of GOD declared the Father GOD.......And the BIBLE has multiple prophecies that have come true.

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

#2822 Nov 29, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as anyone can show, god(s)/supernatural only exists in the minds of the many and varied believers minds. There is no consensus because populations tend to shape their view of god(s) to fit their society and circumstance.
Sounds correct to me. So there actually is no God except in the minds of the beholders. Is that what you are saying?

Since: Jan 08

San Mateo, CA

#2823 Nov 29, 2012
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, those other gods are myths.especially, the little gold statues that were never alive in the first place.
Is is mere circumstance that we as humans have the capability to care for and love each other far more then the animal kingdom?
Jesus Lives ,God is alive ! Always has been.. Always will be,before you and me were ever created into this world,
He thought of us...Both of us with free wills,I choose to accept Him and His love,mercy and grace,you are choosing to reject Him..
How did you make the decision that your god was the one true god? Did you check out the Hindu gods? Muslim version of your god? Are you aware that people used to believe in those ancient gods just as you do yours?

We have more self awareness than other animals, but they care and love for each other in ways commensurate to their species. We just evolved higher reasoning abilities that happened to accomplish it.

If your God knows all, then we do not have free will. He knows what we do before we do it, so we don't have the choice.

San Mateo, CA

#2824 Nov 29, 2012
Minister Robert Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have all missed the entire point or are simply rejecting reality......The point is that for 2 of the same shapes ,1 small and 1 larger, both with 7 bright stars, to exist in the sky as seen from earth is indeed PHEMONENOL.......I have no doubt that God arranged them just so ,for our needs ,and for His glory.
Kind of a Jesus on toast argument there Bobby.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2825 Nov 29, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
...Why in the 21st century someone would think that astronomical mechanics are static or a mystery is amazing to me.
Hey BF & GB,

Have you seen this article where the natural DNA was removed from a cell and synthetic DNA inserted. The cell continued to function.

Man creating life. ;-)

"it's possible that life didn't begin with DNA and proteins like we see today—it may have begun with something much, much simpler,"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/...

There's also a great link to 'the eye' and why ntelligent design advocates ignore the evidence.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...

San Mateo, CA

#2826 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Buddha died after eating a large pork meal at the age of 80....Jesus died for the sins of the world and was resurrected and ascended to heaven, as witnessed by many people and his disciples....big difference.......
Your last statement is indicative of supposed evolution.....Changes/occurenc es in evolution would not naturally happen for a reason.....A creature has no reason to evolve into something other than what it is, because it is already fully funtional and designed to be exactly what it is.....Evolutionists ASSIGN reasons for them to evolve, and then arrogantly expect intelligent reasonable people such as myself to believe such garbage.......
However I commend your thoughfulness, since someone seems to have noticed you are, and salute you for being a nice person.....
Thanks for the compliment Robert, although we disagree differently (LOL) there's no reason we can't be nice people right?

I wonder why no one wrote about this said resurrection when it happened? It would seem to fairly Earth shattering if he had. Correct, there is no "reason" for animals to evolve, i.e., they can't think to evolve, then do it.

All humans assign meaning to their lives, we don't have meaning at birth.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#2827 Nov 29, 2012
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BF & GB,
Have you seen this article where the natural DNA was removed from a cell and synthetic DNA inserted.[...]
There's also a great link to 'the eye' and why ntelligent design advocates ignore the evidence.
No, I haven't. Gonna read them asap. Thanks!
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#2828 Nov 29, 2012
Kawalski wrote:
So there actually is no God except in the minds of the beholders. Is that what you are saying?
Pretty much. Without any tangible evidence to support the thousands of supernatural claims of the existence of thousands of distinct deities (many that contradict one another), which most often have filled voids in early human understanding with unsupported hypothesis(again often contradicting between the many gods), something more than just assertion and faith are required for me to share belief in the supernatural.

I'm asking any of the true believers here to simply show why their claims hold any more water than the thousands of other deities that have been worshiped throughout history.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2829 Nov 29, 2012
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BF & GB,
Have you seen this article where the natural DNA was removed from a cell and synthetic DNA inserted. The cell continued to function.
Man creating life. ;-)
"it's possible that life didn't begin with DNA and proteins like we see today—it may have begun with something much, much simpler,"
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...
Silly man!

Why do you follow those morons and fall victim to their willfull disobedience? Look carefully again at what they are saying:

"THE TEAM THEN EVOLVED enzymes, called polymerases, that can make XNA from DNA, and others that can change XNA back into DNA."

In other words, the "evolution" was intelligently directed, the input carefully designed to investigate and achieve a desired outcome.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2830 Nov 29, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty much. Without any tangible evidence to support the thousands of supernatural claims of the existence of thousands of distinct deities (many that contradict one another), which most often have filled voids in early human understanding with unsupported hypothesis(again often contradicting between the many gods), something more than just assertion and faith are required for me to share belief in the supernatural.
I'm asking any of the true believers here to simply show why their claims hold any more water than the thousands of other deities that have been worshiped throughout history.
No everyone will be given eternal life. Jesus Christ said so.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#2831 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
So you need to (investigate) before you would believe someone intelligent created a bicycle you see.....??
Not the point at all, silly person. If I was asked to show actual evidence that bikes were made by humans, without exception, I could. The same is untrue for god(s). You fail miserably at even making an effort to provide evidence or reason for your particular version of the supernatural.
What other options are there, when you see its well-constructed design sitting right in front of your already well-constructed and designed eyes??...To assume it just thunk itself into existence is not at all logical or scientific in any way.......
I feel sad for your lust to embrace ignorance and fear of even trying to understand anything you feel threatens your beliefs(even if that threat is only in your imagination).

Since you mentioned the human eye and claim it to be "well-constructed and designed", lets weigh that claim. Gunnar can probably go into more depth on this subject than I can, but in short, if the human eye was designed the designer had terrible abilities.

Short list of flaws in the human eye's 'design':

We all have a blind spot caused by the backward facing structure of the optic nerve and photo-receptive cells(rods and cones). Any designer would have simply made the optic nerve go directly out of the back of the retina instead of the hole that exists in our eye for the nerve to pass.

Also, due to the backward facing light receptive cells, blood vessels pass between incoming light and the rods and cones. Again, a designer would have simply supplied blood to the rear side of the cells and faced the light receptive cells in the direction you are facing.

The eye is plagued with numerous means of degeneration and disease susceptibility for the young and old. If our eyes are so well designed, why does the National Eye Institute report a majority of Americans are either near sighted, far sighted, or will have cataracts?

As usual, Rob, your claims are only claims and fail to hold up under the most basic scrutiny. You could have chosen almost any other organ to cite, but you chose an extremely flawed example because you have much hubris and little factual knowledge.
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#2832 Nov 29, 2012
The EYE has not evolved!!!!!!!!!.Can not be part of evolution.....Even Darwin has said this....

The Human being has been given Faith which is part of
the human spirit.

God designed the eye in humans and animals and
the insect world....This can not be duplicated or
cloned or evolved
Minister Robert Lee

Brownsville, KY

#2833 Nov 29, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly man!
Why do you follow those morons and fall victim to their willfull disobedience? Look carefully again at what they are saying:
"THE TEAM THEN EVOLVED enzymes, called polymerases, that can make XNA from DNA, and others that can change XNA back into DNA."
In other words, the "evolution" was intelligently directed, the input carefully designed to investigate and achieve a desired outcome.
Yes.....what have they (created)...???...NOTHING....t hey have re-organized something that already existed and then DESIGNED and intelligently DIRECTED and blah blah blah....... And of course they will pat themselves on the back for their (creation).......
Funny how the atheists say that man can now create, and thus attribute deity to him ,yet are too unwilling and arrogant to attribute deity to GOD.......But this messing with dna is extremely dangerous.... We have learned how to blow up the planet....what next??
olasonn

Norway

#2834 Nov 29, 2012
I do not know.....Possibly because God made variety in most everything.
Possibly?
You see how weak your argument is?
It is said that no 2 snowflakes are exactly the same.....Yet they all are wondrously designed.
By natural processes.
The idea that even more dippers would thus surely prove God in no way diminishes the grandeur of the 2 that are there.
You do know that we just call it a dipper in English, that doesn't mean anything. In Norwegian they have different names, not related at all.
How many bicycles do you need to see to believe someone designed them??....actually only ONE.....not 2 or 10.
Sure, and why is that? Read next comment.
Why is it that you can see a man-made machine and automatically know that someone with intelligence put it together, but see the wondrous God-made machines and reject the intelligence factor, and give credit to mindlessness??
Because I've seen them get made, and it has always been people making them. I can't say the same for stars.
Blind Faithiness

Arden, NC

#2835 Nov 29, 2012
chris wrote:
The EYE has not evolved!!!!!!!!!.Can not be part of evolution.....Even Darwin has said this....
the human spirit.
cloned or evolved
OK, but almost all biologists completely disagree with you. In case you didn't notice, your argument sucks. In fact its not an argument. Its series of unsupported claims.

"Even Darwin..."? Why should we use Darwin's understanding of the eye during his time as a reason to invalidate the thousands of experiments and papers published that have come like a raging fire from Darwin's first spark? If you're interested in what Darwin would think, he would look at the body of evidence that has been built for over a hundred years and conclude the human eye is a product of evolution.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#2836 Nov 29, 2012
Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the point at all, silly person. If I was asked to show actual evidence that bikes were made by humans, without exception, I could. The same is untrue for god(s). You fail miserably at even making an effort to provide evidence or reason for your particular version of the supernatural.
<quoted text>
I feel sad for your lust to embrace ignorance and fear of even trying to understand anything you feel threatens your beliefs(even if that threat is only in your imagination).
Since you mentioned the human eye and claim it to be "well-constructed and designed", lets weigh that claim. Gunnar can probably go into more depth on this subject than I can, but in short, if the human eye was designed the designer had terrible abilities.
Short list of flaws in the human eye's 'design':
We all have a blind spot caused by the backward facing structure of the optic nerve and photo-receptive cells(rods and cones). Any designer would have simply made the optic nerve go directly out of the back of the retina instead of the hole that exists in our eye for the nerve to pass.
Also, due to the backward facing light receptive cells, blood vessels pass between incoming light and the rods and cones. Again, a designer would have simply supplied blood to the rear side of the cells and faced the light receptive cells in the direction you are facing.
The eye is plagued with numerous means of degeneration and disease susceptibility for the young and old. If our eyes are so well designed, why does the National Eye Institute report a majority of Americans are either near sighted, far sighted, or will have cataracts?
As usual, Rob, your claims are only claims and fail to hold up under the most basic scrutiny. You could have chosen almost any other organ to cite, but you chose an extremely flawed example because you have much hubris and little factual knowledge.
What you term flaws were actually deliberate part of the design. Human beings were not created to live in fear, having always to look out for danger. We were designed to make true assumptions from the least possible visual data to move forwards. Nothing was to sneak up from behind, nothing was to degenerate, nothing was to seek our life to end it.

The fall of man made even life itself vulnerable to the ruthlessness of ignorance, hatred and covetous monkey survival instincts; from which atheists ignorantly reach erroneous conclusions.
olasonn

Norway

#2837 Nov 29, 2012
<quoted text>
So perhaps you can explain just exactly how JOB knew that Pleiades is gravitationally bound and Orion is flying apart???..... Job 38:31....Or how that Jonah knew there were mountains on the ocean floor long before we ever had submarines that proved it??...Jonah 2: 6.....
Job 38.31: "Can you bind the beautiful Pleiades? Can you loose the cords of Orion?"
Where does it talk about gravity??? You are just inserting what you want there, it's just poetry.

Jonah 2.6: "To the roots of the mountains I sank down"
Poetic language again, doesn't say mountains on the ocean floor. It's easy to see that mountain sides continue down into the ocean.
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#2838 Nov 29, 2012
The human eye did not evolve and can not be i anyway
be associated with evolution ...Fact
olasonn

Norway

#2839 Nov 29, 2012
chris wrote:
Now, that is a lie, and it's easy to find that out for anyone interested in the truth.
Why aren't creationists more interested in getting things right?
Are they not commanded to tell the truth, or do they feel it's ok to lie for Jesus?

Read more about it here:
http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/creation/q...

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#2840 Nov 29, 2012
chris wrote:
the human spirit.
cloned or evolved
They go out of their way to deny this also.They don't want to answer to God in this life.They think of their intelligence as high. Their continual cacophonies,references of ungodly shameful websites is revolting.They can't even grasp the simplicity of the miracle of the human eye.Even though all parts of the human eye must be present at once in order for the eye to function properly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where I disagree with Ellen G. White 24 min Zog Has-fallen 89
I keep the BLOOD COVENANT 1 Cor 11:25 32 min KSH 575
Eyeswideopen...what's your excuse 37 min Eyeswideopen 52
Christ's Investigative Judgment Doctrine 1 hr Sitka happy 394
How to Be Saved 6 hr Earburner 28
PlanetX and Pastor Doug Batchelor? 12 hr KSH 7
IJ a wrong interpretation by SDA 14 hr LayZ Worker 169
More from around the web