Does everyone now accept the Theory of Evolution?

Posted in the Seventh-day Adventist Forum

Comments (Page 150)

Showing posts 2,981 - 3,000 of3,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
EvilutionBuster

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

pen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your belief. There is no evidence to support any of it. There have been no beneficial mutations that resulted in any evolution, just loss of information.
The big bang and planet formation theories are also called stellar evolution. All part of the theory of evolution which says man evolved from the rocks and frogs. It is a pagan belief masquerading as a 'science'.
Genetics: no friend of evolution
by Lane Lester
Genetics and evolution have been enemies from the beginning of both concepts. Gregor Mendel, the father of genetics, and Charles Darwin, the father of modern evolution, were contemporaries. At the same time that Darwin was claiming that creatures could change into other creatures, Mendel was showing that even individual characteristics remain constant. While Darwinís ideas were based on erroneous and untested ideas about inheritance, Mendelís conclusions were based on careful experimentation. Only by ignoring the total implications of modern genetics has it been possible to maintain the fiction of evolution.
http://creation.com/genetics-no-friend-of-evo...
http://creation.com/evolution-ancient-pagan-i...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Very good, "pen".......Are you aware that on the "Atheist Here" thread olasonn says that his own nephew is dying of Batten's Disease, yet he refuses to answer any questions now about this negative mutation, obviously because it weakens the flawed and unprovable theory that mutations are beneficial to evolution.......??.
FICTION is an excellent description of the theory of evolution.......
EvilutionBuster

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

"Ce que je pense said......

Or that it's Christmas and he maybe spending time with his family.

Of course the ToE doesn't explain existence. The scientific theory explains what has happened to life once it started.

You must be talking about the scientific theory of "Abiogenesis". You do realize that they're two different theories, right.

Mutations are the driving force behind the evolution of species. Why wouldn't they be beneficial?

EvilutionBuster said.......
1,,,Very doubtful that olasonn was spending time with his family all the way from Dec 10, which is when my post was written bout him being too cowardly to answer my questions.......
2....Evolution CANNOT explain existence, and you are incorrect......The unprovable theory and lie called evolution is also used to try to explain the universe, not just the supposed evolution of creatures on Earth,,,,You really should read up.......
3....."abiogenesis". .......the idea that life can come from non-life..... Why DO you atheists continually try to degrade creationists with your ridiculous belief that we are uneducated,,,,,,,Very foolish of you.......It is just as foolish as your faith-based BELIEF in evolution.......Actually, only the CREATION of God is sufficient to explain the universe and all that is within it....
4...It is proven over and over that harmful mutations are NOT beneficial to the continuation of mankind.......The very idea that mutations of ANY kind have somehow been the vehicle for the evolution of creatures is utterly laughable and has never been proven.....
EvilutionBuster

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

"Ce que je pense"said.....

What seems to be missing is any scientific evidence you have to support your POV.

EvilutionBuster said.......
There is always abundant evidence for anything I say...You are just too biased to see it.
Blind Faithiness

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2013

Judged:

An interesting article to consider this time of year reporting on studies showing that the less religious a person is correlates with a higher rate of helping others simply for the sake of helping (as opposed to giving to charity to buy a seat in the immortal disneyland fairytale). There is a common inability to connect and do good for the sake of doing good among the religious when compared to the non-religious. In general, they are doing good because they are told to and to benefit themselves.

""Overall, we find that for less religious people, the strength of their emotional connection to another person is critical to whether they will help that person or not," study co-author and University of California, Berkeley social psychologist Robb Willer said in a statement. "The more religious, on the other hand, may ground their generosity less in emotion, and more in other factors such as doctrine, a communal identity, or reputational concerns."
http://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-mot...

The religious often are motivated by and need to shout about their 'good works' in the hopes that an invisible, supernatural super-daddy will give them a pat on the head.
Blind Faithiness

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

It's Year in Review time.

Here's a nice article that details a couple of this year's major achievements and advancements in the field of human evolution:
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/year-revi...

The biggest news is obviously the complete sequencing of a Neanderthal individual's complete genome!!! A truly amazing feat considering the age of available samples and the technologies that had to be perfected in order to achieve this.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/science/toe...

We march forward, year-by-year, while the religious continue to huddle in the dark pouring over the same, tired, bronze-age-fairy-tales. Playing to the fears of the uneducated using childhood-indoctrination and threats of boogeymen to scare the irrational are the only things that keep their dogmatic system of defrauding the public intact anymore.
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Yes BF, it has been a great year for science and progress.

I also remembered this video:
List of Scientists Rejecting Evolution- Do they really?

I think someone mentioned that a lot of scientists reject evolution, but is it really so? Check it out, and it also says a lot of how far some are willing to go to misrepresent things in order to make it seem like the consensus isn't as clear as it is.

Have a great rest of the holidays and a wonderful new year!

“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Another year of you two harassing Christians? How sad.....Hopefully you will repent and get a life...

Since: Jan 08

Los Altos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Lori norskigirl wrote:
Another year of you two harassing Christians? How sad.....Hopefully you will repent and get a life...
No, just presenting the facts..0027 percent of scientists that do not support the theory of evolution.

But you still want to go with that slim miniscule number.

Information is all we want and to give correct info so more people begin to understand the huge mountain of evidence supporting TOE.

It shouldn't even be an issue, like whether blood letting works.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just presenting the facts..0027 percent of scientists that do not support the theory of evolution.
But you still want to go with that slim miniscule number.
Information is all we want and to give correct info so more people begin to understand the huge mountain of evidence supporting TOE.
It shouldn't even be an issue, like whether blood letting works.
Pete,that's not your agenda at all is to "help us better understand".. True it shouldn't be an issue. God is creator ,..we didn't just happen..there is a divine creator..no issue there.

obviously,the issue is with you atheists..you guys just can't stay away from the Christian forums,now why is that? You're unsettled and not at peace..that's why. You need Jesus.
Blind Faithiness

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Lori norskigirl wrote:
No. Sad is me having to deal with Topix to have all of those posts of yours removed a few months back because you feel that you can accuse people you disagree with of "murder." Maybe 2014 will be the year you learn to control yourself or at the very least maybe you can learn to simply move on if you have nothing relevant to write, such as is the case here and now. Clearly, corresponding with others online is too much for you to handle in a reasonable manner.
Blind Faithiness

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

olasonn wrote:
Yes BF, it has been a great year for science and progress.
I also remembered this video:
List of Scientists Rejecting Evolution- Do they really?
I think someone mentioned that a lot of scientists reject evolution, but is it really so? Check it out, and it also says a lot of how far some are willing to go to misrepresent things in order to make it seem like the consensus isn't as clear as it is.
Have a great rest of the holidays and a wonderful new year!
Good stuff. Wishing you and all of yours good tidings, G.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Judged:

Blind Faithiness wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Sad is me having to deal with Topix to have all of those posts of yours removed a few months back because you feel that you can accuse people you disagree with of "murder." Maybe 2014 will be the year you learn to control yourself or at the very least maybe you can learn to simply move on if you have nothing relevant to write, such as is the case here and now. Clearly, corresponding with others online is too much for you to handle in a reasonable manner.
I'm not going down that road with you again...lets not go down memory lane about the countless posts of yours that have been deleted...because of the horrible things you've said to me..maybe this will be the year you apologize and get over yourself.
vermicious knid

Mount Joy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

Christian: Knock Knock
Evolutionist: Who's there?
Christian: God
Evolutionist: God who?
I crack myself up.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

vermicious knid wrote:
I crack myself up.
Rofl !!! Love it.....
Verm,
it's good to see you .....
how have you been???

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

How's Gracie?
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2013

vermicious knid wrote:
I crack myself up.
What was funny about that one?
More than a third of all christians in the world are evolutionists, meaning they accept that life has evolved over hundreds of millions of years.
Only a few fundamentalists want there to be a dividing line between believing in gods and accepting sound science, but it's dishonest and false.

Wishing you and all other fundamentalists an enlightened new year.
May your eyes open and your minds no longer afraid of the truth.

“Home Among the Gum Trees”

Since: Mar 13

The World

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Happy New Year, everyone!
olasonn

Harstad, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

Lori norskigirl wrote:
Another year of you two harassing Christians? How sad.
Arguing for reality and presenting evidence is harassing to you?
That should tell you something.
Don't be so afraid of truth.
Lori norskigirl wrote:
Hopefully you will repent and get a life...
I have nothing to repent for and my life is rich and wonderful.
Angel

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Koala_Gums wrote:
Happy New Year, everyone!
Do kaolas know to read the calender? And if so, do they find it worth their while?
Angel

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not going down that road with you again...lets not go down memory lane about the countless posts of yours that have been deleted...because of the horrible things you've said to me..maybe this will be the year you apologize and get over yourself.
Excellent thoughts Lori. You are on the right track. Never mind those monkey men coming here to muddy the water with vain ideas. Just ask them whatever happened to their magic rock? They'll begin to stutter and stammer and offer silly responses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,981 - 3,000 of3,131
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Seventh-day Adventist Forum right now

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Earburner, My Posts are Not Posting 8 min Earburner 68
Who kept the Sabbath prior to Exodus? 15 min Eyeswideopenq 674
How many sexual abuse cases have there been in ... (Feb '13) 1 hr mynameisexpensive 24
Heaven Sanctuary idea not in the Bible 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 23
A.D. 538 began the supremacy of Vatican (Apr '10) 2 hr Lay Worker 492
Ellen G. White equal to the bible? 2 hr Eyeswideopenq 14
Lucifer was the third highest being in heaven a... (May '09) 3 hr Lay Worker 1,189
•••
•••
•••
•••