New Covenant does NOT abolish the 10 ...

New Covenant does NOT abolish the 10 commandments

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant.

The popular belief that the Law was done away with is False teaching that comes from Satan.

The New Covenant was established on better promises, but it was not established on a No Law theory.

Ezk 36:26-27 Here God says His Spirit will enable a person to obey his Laws.

This is also explained in Romans 8:3-4 and 1 John 3:4

A person learns by example, Christ gave us that example.

EXAMPLE- a model or pattern, a sample
PATTERN- a model or plan to go by
FOLLOW- to take as a model; imitate

Several on here dont like these words John 10:27 Matt 4:19 is just a couple of texts on FOLLOW.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#2 Nov 19, 2012
FOLLOW:

1st Commandment Matt 4:10 and 22:37-38

2nd Commandment 1 John5:21--1 Cor 6:9--1 Cor 10:7--1 Cor.10:14 --Eph 5:5

3rd Commandment Matt 5:33-34--Matt 7:21-23--Luke 11:2 --1 Tim 6:1

4th Commandment Luke 4:16--Acts 13:14--Acts 13:42--Acts 13:44 --Acts 16:13--- Acts 17:2--Acts 18:4--- Heb. 4:4--Heb.4:9

5th Commandment Matt 15:3-6--Matt 19:17-19 --Eph 6:2-3
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Christ is our substitute not our example. A person learns by the teaching of the Holy Spirit.

Condemnation was done away with re: the Law ( the
ten Com.) The Law is only a mirror showing us
where the beliver needs to improve. For the beliver
it can no longer send us to hell.

This is the difference.

John 5 verse 24

I say unto you He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life and shall not com into condemnation but is passed from death unto life.

The Word of God means all the teachings of Christ.
Not referring only to the 10 Com.

EGW taught you Birdman and her teaching is wrong and twisted to put you back under condemnation by
trying to put the beliver back under the penalty of
the Law.

YOu will not go to hell Birdman if you break a commandment as a beliver...Being that your nature
is sinful and your thoughts sinful you will never
reach perfection by your own works. The blood makes
you perfect before God....Not your works. That is
very good news.

Does that mean that you take advantage of that grace by noooooo means..We are to respect the Teachings of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to
Change your hearts. When we are all changed into
inmortality then and only then will our nature become new....Untill then we will alway struggle
with the human sinful thoughts.

So far in your life Birdman have you reached a state of perfection?....I don't think so....and you
won't be perfect as I said untill the change takes
place at the second coming.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#4 Nov 19, 2012
... you will never
reach perfection by your own works...

chris

Granted for perfection of character is attainable only through faith.

The work of perfecting our character is not our work but the work of God and in the work of God humanity can originate nothing.

"Without Me you can do nothing."

As we daily appropriate to ourselves the MERITS of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior,(Rom.3:25) Christ, who is the Word, works in us both to will and to do His good pleasure (Phil.2:13; 1 Thess.2:13)) and His good pleasure is that His image (character) shall be perfectly reproduced in His followers, "first the blade, then the ear, and then the full corn in the ear," (Mark 4:26-29) through the grace of the Holy Spirit which is "exceedingly abundant with faith and love." (1 Tim.1:14)

"Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When His character shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own." Christ's Object Lessons,69.

sky

birdman

Mattoon, IL

#5 Nov 19, 2012
chris wrote:
Christ is our substitute not our example. A person learns by the teaching of the Holy Spirit.
This is the difference.
John 5 verse 24
I say unto you He that heareth my word, and believeth on Him that sent me hath everlasting life and shall not com into condemnation but is passed from death unto life.
EGW taught you Birdman and her teaching is wrong and twisted to put you back under condemnation by
the Law.
YOu will not go to hell Birdman if you break a commandment as a beliver...Being that your nature
very good news.
Does that mean that you take advantage of that grace by noooooo means..We are to respect the Teachings of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to
inmortality then and only then will our nature become new....Untill then we will alway struggle
So far in your life Birdman have you reached a state of perfection?....I don't think so....and you
CHRIST WAS our Substitute and OUR EXAMPLE of HOW to FOLLOW HIM.

you are correct but a WILFULL REJECTION WILL SEND YOU TO HELL
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#6 Nov 19, 2012
CHRIS:

JUST to let you know you lied about me.

EGW never taught me anything.

My beliefs come STRICKLY from SCRIPTURE only.
chris

La Crescenta, CA

#7 Nov 19, 2012
Our characgter will always and always have sin in it. Do our choices become stonger as we mature in
Christ...Yes they do however; it will never reach
perfection untill the change takes place.

Knowing this takes the pressure off. Feeling guitly
all the time and stugelling for perfection will only
produce depresion thinking that we have to be perfect. We are not perfect, and never will be living on this planet. That is
the very reason why Christ went to the cross. He knew
that his blood would place us in the right standing
before God His Father. If we could do it on our
own their would have been no need for the blood of
Christ to be shed.

We as belivers have passed from death unto life only through the
blood....Praise God.

Now walk in the Spirit and fulfill the Law of Christ. How do we do do this?....Walking in the Spirit....What does this mean to walk in the Spirit?

Learning about this walking in the Spirit of Love
is what Jesus wants us to do..Everyday

Commit everyday unto the Lord. Endeavoring to listen
and be subject to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Learn to hear his voice. Remembering this life
is only temporary on Earth...We will not always strife in the members of our body trying to rule over us. Chooseing to walk in obidence to the Spirt
of Love... Useing our gifts that Jesus gave us to
make a better world by helping others. Getting out
of our selfishness and me first attitude.

All we have to do is be an open vessel unto the
Holy Spirit...The Holy Spirit will give us the desire
of our hearts, and produce a willingness to serve in the kingdom of God.
DANNO

London, UK

#8 Nov 19, 2012
birdman wrote:
CHRIS:
JUST to let you know you lied about me.
EGW never taught me anything.
My beliefs come STRICKLY from SCRIPTURE only.
Bird

Why are you allowing the comments/dicusions to go off track?

The topic is on HEB 8: 13 and the "NEW Covenant" is it not?

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#9 Nov 19, 2012
chris wrote:
This is the difference.
John 5 verse 24
the Law.
very good news.
Chris.

RE: Heb 8: 10

Have you allowed GOD & the Holy Spirit to write GOD's LAW into your HEART & MIND? yes or no or not sure?

Do you also believe John 9: 31 & 1st John 3: 4 & 1st John 2: 7 & ROM 7: 12 applies to christians?

Dan
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#10 Nov 19, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Bird
Why are you allowing the comments/dicusions to go off track?
The topic is on HEB 8: 13 and the "NEW Covenant" is it not?
Dan
WHY, MOST here DO NOT know anything about what is posted.

They deny Truth!!!!!!!!
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#11 Nov 19, 2012
birdman wrote:
Christ is the Mediator of the New Covenant.
The popular belief that the Law was done away with is False teaching that comes from Satan.
The New Covenant was established on better promises, but it was not established on a No Law theory.
Ezk 36:26-27 Here God says His Spirit will enable a person to obey his Laws.
This is also explained in Romans 8:3-4 and 1 John 3:4
A person learns by example, Christ gave us that example.
EXAMPLE- a model or pattern, a sample
PATTERN- a model or plan to go by
FOLLOW- to take as a model; imitate
Several on here dont like these words John 10:27 Matt 4:19 is just a couple of texts on FOLLOW.
Problem with this, is that this would make Jesus an arbatrator--one who uses subjective reasons to save, not something that is a complete standard as the ten commandments.

Jesus will NOT save anyone like this and this is NOT the nature of God. One is saved by what they do or not do--period!

Paul's theology came from the Gnostic belief that one must die in order to live in the body of Christ. Of course this is not only crap, but goes against all that Jesus said and taught.

Someone please tell me how one can DIE (the seperation of the body from the spirit as in a flashlight case and bulb for the body and the batteries for the breath of God) and still keep on living at the same time? Huh? God said that without BOTH, the body and spirit, there is nothing there but a dead soul!
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#12 Nov 19, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
... you will never
chris
As we daily appropriate to ourselves the MERITS of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior,(Rom.3:25) Christ, who is the Word, works in us both to will and to do His good pleasure (Phil.2:13; 1 Thess.2:13)) and His good pleasure is that His image (character) shall be perfectly reproduced in His followers, "first the blade, then the ear, and then the full corn in the ear," (Mark 4:26-29) through the grace of the Holy Spirit which is "exceedingly abundant with faith and love." (1 Tim.1:14)
"Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When His character shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own." Christ's Object Lessons,69.
sky
That's not what Jesus said or taught. He taught one MUST be perfect (as the Father in heaven is perfect) in order to enter into heaven. One must be ONE with God and that only means perfection! And it does NOT happen by faith either!

It's all about what or what not you DO--it's about WORKS!
DANNO

London, UK

#13 Nov 19, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY, MOST here DO NOT know anything about what is posted.
They deny Truth!!!!!!!!
Birdie

I'm surprised by your comment. How do you come to the conclusion "they deny TRUTH"??? They read from the SAME BIBLE as you and me!

You mentioned satan and his deception in post No1. How do you believe SATAN IS MANAGING TO DECIEVE THEM? How does he do it to christians?? Matt 7: 21-23 & Matt 15: 8-9

Why did JESUS SAY MANY are CALLED but FEW ARE CHOSEN in Matt 22: 14 when all these members here read from same Bible as you and me?

Dan
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text> Problem with this, is that this would make Jesus an arbatrator--one who uses subjective reasons to save, not something that is a complete standard as the ten commandments.
Jesus will NOT save anyone like this and this is NOT the nature of God. One is saved by what they do or not do--period!
Paul's theology came from the Gnostic belief that one must die in order to live in the body of Christ. Of course this is not only crap, but goes against all that Jesus said and taught.
Someone please tell me how one can DIE (the seperation of the body from the spirit as in a flashlight case and bulb for the body and the batteries for the breath of God) and still keep on living at the same time? Huh? God said that without BOTH, the body and spirit, there is nothing there but a dead soul!
PURE GARBAGE THRU AND THRU!!!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#15 Nov 19, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Birdie
I'm surprised by your comment. How do you come to the conclusion "they deny TRUTH"??? They read from the SAME BIBLE as you and me!
You mentioned satan and his deception in post No1. How do you believe SATAN IS MANAGING TO DECIEVE THEM? How does he do it to christians?? Matt 7: 21-23 & Matt 15: 8-9
Why did JESUS SAY MANY are CALLED but FEW ARE CHOSEN in Matt 22: 14 when all these members here read from same Bible as you and me?
Dan
To READ or to STUDY is TWO differant things.

To STUDY and not LISTEN is TWO DIFFERANT THINGS.

That is the PROBLEM
DANNO

London, UK

#16 Nov 19, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
To READ or to STUDY is TWO differant things.
To STUDY and not LISTEN is TWO DIFFERANT THINGS.
That is the PROBLEM
Birdie

You mean Grammy & Shadpoc read the same Bible as you BUT understand it DIFFERENTLY to you? correct?

They both ACCEPT Heb 8: 13 but you secretly do not is that right?

Dan

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#17 Nov 19, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
... you will never
chris
sky
We should always give Jesus our very, very BEST, and once we are saved sin totally loses its allure - we no longer desire it. But perfection of character is not fully attainable in our sin-bent human bodies here on this wicked earth. We will be perfect when Jesus comes and makes ALL things new!
Christine Hurwin

La Crescenta, CA

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Grammy is right and the teaching of EGW re. That the believr can achieve perfection of character on
his own is works and therefore is boasting. EGW is
wrong on this....Her teaching is false.

The sinful human nature is what it is...We are born into it. We will not be free of this untill we
are changed into imortality in a twinkling of an eye.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Christine Hurwin wrote:
Grammy is right and the teaching of EGW re. That the believr can achieve perfection of character on
The sinful human nature is what it is...We are born into it. We will not be free of this untill we
So very true, Sis Chris!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 19, 2012
Christine Hurwin wrote:
You have it backwards. You will not be changed into immortality UNTIL you DO GOD'S COMMANDMENTS.(Rev. 22:14)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Correcting the Flawed Beliefs of the Seventh-da... 1 hr Lay Worker 12
If God is not a Trinity, and Jesus Had A Beginn... (Mar '09) 2 hr Lay Worker 9,713
When Did the Old Covenant End and the New Coven... 2 hr Useful 128
Do these SDA members want to be friends or... 3 hr Lay Worker 26
Seventh Day Adventist Church-wicked shepherds-b... (Dec '15) 3 hr Madam 32
What Was DONE AWAY WITH??? 5 hr 7th day 169
Do you keep anything from the Old Testament? 6 hr 7th day 7
ZOG...What does everyone think of this person? ... 7 hr 7th day 218
More from around the web