the 1888 message
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#1 Dec 22, 2012
I have been on a website reading a report some 220 pages ong and it appears EGW did not agree entirelly with Waggoner & Jones.

JONES had been a SARGENT in the army for a number of years that is when he when to some SDA meeting.
Strangely 1T.page 356 GOD through EGW is opposed to being in the ARMY in any capacity.
We have a very leaky SHIP with many WOOD WORM PLANKS.
Pioneer

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Dec 22, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
I have been on a website reading a report some 220 pages ong and it appears EGW did not agree entirelly with Waggoner & Jones.
JONES had been a SARGENT in the army for a number of years that is when he when to some SDA meeting.
Strangely 1T.page 356 GOD through EGW is opposed to being in the ARMY in any capacity.
Can I sell you some ocean front property in Idaho?

NUTTER!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#3 Dec 22, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
But it seems God had the Israelites with an army, why?
Robert Two

Darwin, Australia

#4 Dec 22, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
But it seems God had the Israelites with an army, why?
BIRDMAN There are several different reasons.
Let me start with GOD never wanted them to have an ARMY but they did not do as GOD said. IF they had done as they were told GOD would have do0ne all that for them.
Now a human reason.
They chose to have KINGs and run thing a human way sa they became a NATION in human terms.
If they had have been CHILDREN OF GOD then war was what GOD would do for then

Now in our case we were to be GOD's children He too would lo9ok after things but we get involved with what our cOUNTRY is doing which GOD will not agree with.
You cannot OBEY GOD and the officers in the ARMY AT the same time.
The BIBLE states a MAN cannot have 2 masters.
NOw BIRDMAN you agree with the BIBLE and that is threason we never go in the army for any reason.
Robert Two

Darwin, Australia

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
NUTTER!
You have tried this before. LOL
Try WOODEN NICKLES NOW.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Dec 28, 2012
Robert, while Jones was in the army he was studying history and the Bible. God takes us where we are.

sky

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2012
But it is a fact that if the Isrealites had not elected the sword among them and asked for a man to be their king, like the other nations around them, God would have fought for them in righteousness as He did at times when they would turn to Him against invincible armies.

And we have repeated the follies of Israel. We too have asked for a king and the present order of things is patterned after the governments of this world.

sky

Location hidden

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Ellen White agreed with Jones and Waggnoer wholeheartedly especially in regard to the 1888 message. Anyone who says the contrary does not know what he is talking about.

sky
Robert Two

Naracoorte, Australia

#9 Dec 28, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
But it is a fact that if the Isrealites had not elected the sword among them and asked for a man to be their king, like the other nations around them, God would have fought for them in righteousness as He did at times when they would turn to Him against invincible armies.
And we have repeated the follies of Israel. We too have asked for a king and the present order of things is patterned after the governments of this world.
sky
You use the word WE here.
I will not be included in the term WE.
I wanted MOSES as my leader. I never even wanted KING DAVID.
MOSES proved he understood LOVE.
The SHIP THAT WILL SAIL INTO HARBOR proves how GOD runs the SHIP I wish to be part of.
My BIOLOGICAL FATHER used to remind me "SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF"
Robert Two

Naracoorte, Australia

#10 Dec 28, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
Robert, while Jones was in the army he was studying history and the Bible. God takes us where we are.
sky
At 18 years of age I was not a BAPTIZED SDA and I refuse to go in the ARMY. The SDA church were insulting as the would not back me in COURT & they rejected EGWs message from GOD 1T. page 356.
I was just a big KID in those days. I should have dropped the SDA church there and then. GOD protected me from the ARMY.
I past the medical. Then came the EYE TEST. I went to see and old OPTISTION who smiled at me as he looked at my CONSCENTIOUS OBJECTOR CARD ( which I still have today)
He said I can get you out of the ARMY if that is what you want. He did exactly that. Looking back all those years I think he may have been a JW and to this day I owe that man he was sent by GOD to help me as the SDA did nothing.

A>T>JONES went in the army where GOD said "IN THE ARMY THEY CANNOT OBEY TRUTH"
So A.T.JONES was out of touch with GOD in the ARMY.
Yet sure he went to some SDA meetings and GOD received him . Yet A.T.JONES was the problem with getting SDAs into the ARMY into the MEDICAL. Which GOD opposed outright.]
Humans are strange people.
They serve 2 masters openly.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Did R2 pass the spelling test?
Robert Two

Naracoorte, Australia

#12 Dec 28, 2012
Lay Worker wrote:
Did R2 pass the spelling test?
No I am the worst at spelling I know that LW.
GOD is not running spelling test and I am greatfull.
Robert Two

Darwin, Australia

#14 Dec 28, 2012
George Bush Jnr wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the website? I'd like to read it for myself as an EGW supporter.
i have photo copy of it right here.
The SDA church rejected many calls of GOD and still do.
Robert Two

Cumberland Park, Australia

#16 Dec 28, 2012
George Bush Jnr wrote:
<quoted text>
Robes, I was asking for the website's address.
I have no idea LOL
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#17 Jan 1, 2013
Robert Two wrote:
EG W accepted Wagonee and Jones messag of 1888 A ,message of sinles perfection and the sinful nature of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Robert Two

Cumberland Park, Australia

#18 Jan 1, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
<quoted text>EG W accepted Wagonee and Jones messag of 1888 A ,message of sinles perfection and the sinful nature of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
General Conference ejected the 1888 message ON OUR BEHALF.
Lay Worker

Cherrybrook, Australia

#19 Jan 1, 2013
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
NUTTER!
Wifey, leave dear Robert alone. You are always tugging at his ears about one thing or another.
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#20 Jan 1, 2013
Robert Two wrote:
<quoted text>
General Conference ejected the 1888 message ON OUR BEHALF.
why not reject White at the same time?
KoalaGums

Myrtleford, Australia

#21 Jan 1, 2013
For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things [pertaining] to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as [was] Aaron.

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
Robert Two

Woodside, Australia

#22 Jan 2, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
<quoted text>why not reject White at the same time?
General Conference did and rejected GOD at the same time.
GC sent EGW to Australia to get rid of her.
]Yes there is money in selling the EGW BOOKS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Torah, Old Law and 10 Commandments. 1 hr Frindly 471
Does sabbath day still exist 1 hr Frindly 477
Why I Believe Ellen G. White was a Prophet (May '17) 1 hr SamBee 108
1260 days of the Papacy from 538 AD to 1798 (May '14) 2 hr PutaShrimpOn YeBa... 554
Is Dr Desmond Ford back in the SDA church in Au... 3 hr Yeshua -Clone Of ... 109
Did Jesus or the Apostles change the day of wor... 4 hr Zog Has-fallen 13
The "Son" of God..understanding the Godhead. (May '08) 4 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 398
More from around the web