Why didn't Jesus mention Sabbath to t...
2all

Lewiston, ID

#43 Nov 21, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
In Revelation, God's people are described as those who obeyed and did not take the mark of beast, who accepted Christ, and follow His Commandments which are issued in the Christian's Covenant by Jesus and His Apostles
followers of Jesus
not followers of Moses
sorry but God's law is not the law of Moses friend but you can keep on teaching that and may find your self wanting. For their will be those saying Lord,Lord did we not cast Demond's out in your name? You may finish the rest of the passage. Heavens blessing
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#44 Nov 21, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Correct! Following Jesus is all about God's royal Law of Love (love for God, unselfish love for our fellowmen).
Grams, you're a hypocrite!

Love is not a noun. It's a verb, an action word. God has kindly asked you to remember His Sabbath day to keep it holy, but you refuse. Then you shed crocodile tears, howling, "Love! O love! I'm in love!"
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#45 Nov 21, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
and what did I just say?
The same misquoted thing!

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#46 Nov 21, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams, you're a hypocrite!
Love is not a noun. It's a verb, an action word. God has kindly asked you to remember His Sabbath day to keep it holy, but you refuse. Then you shed crocodile tears, howling, "Love! O love! I'm in love!"
No tears here. I'm happy and content in Jesus, who never (during his earthly ministry, or when specifically asked by the Rich Young Ruler, for instance) asked ME to keep ANY specific day. When asked, He ONLY spoke of the commandments of LOVE. And by choosing to live under a system of law that points FORWARD to the coming Messiah, you are denying that He has come and that He fulfilled those laws, just as He said He had come to do! Now THAT's calling Jesus a liar, for sure!
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#47 Nov 21, 2012
2all wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but God's law is not the law of Moses friend but you can keep on teaching that and may find your self wanting. For their will be those saying Lord,Lord did we not cast Demond's out in your name? You may finish the rest of the passage. Heavens blessing
What, are you saying....you have got to be kidding us.

You boldly state God's Law is Not the Law of Moses

18 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation, there was an assembly. Neh 8

----------

Now , who gave the Law, the Ten C's to Moses?

24 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, 2 but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him.”

3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice,“Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.

He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Exodus 24
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#48 Nov 21, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
The same misquoted thing!
wrong
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#49 Nov 21, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
What, are you saying....you have got to be kidding us.
You boldly state God's Law is Not the Law of Moses
18 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation, there was an assembly. Neh 8
----------
Now , who gave the Law, the Ten C's to Moses?
24 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, 2 but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him.”
3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice,“Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.
He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Exodus 24
Calling God a LIAR is not good for you.
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#50 Nov 21, 2012
2all wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but God's law is not the law of Moses friend but you can keep on teaching that and may find your self wanting. For their will be those saying Lord,Lord did we not cast Demond's out in your name? You may finish the rest of the passage. Heavens blessing

Shad replied;

What are you saying....you have got to be kidding us.

You boldly state God's Law is Not the Law of Moses

18 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation, there was an assembly. Neh 8

----------

Now , who gave the Law, the Ten C's to Moses?

24 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, 2 but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him.”

3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice,“Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.

He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Exodus 24

all, if you need any help, just ask

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#51 Nov 21, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling God a LIAR is not good for you.
Endless auto text!
2all

Lewiston, ID

#52 Nov 21, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
What, are you saying....you have got to be kidding us.
You boldly state God's Law is Not the Law of Moses
18 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation, there was an assembly. Neh 8
----------
Now , who gave the Law, the Ten C's to Moses?
24 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, 2 but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him.”
3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice,“Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.
He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Exodus 24
so then you have Gods law the say it with me the "ten commandments" and then you have the laws of Moses which are not the same, but you can twist the bible to say or mean what you want to, I'm not going to bite. Gods law is good if it wasn't the Jesus would have told us that His Fathers law is unfit for man. So stop Turing from the law and turn to it so you may live a better life here in hell
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#53 Nov 21, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Endless auto text!
Still rejecting God here.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#54 Nov 21, 2012
2all wrote:
<quoted text>so then you have Gods law the say it with me the "ten commandments" and then you have the laws of Moses which are not the same, but you can twist the bible to say or mean what you want to, I'm not going to bite. Gods law is good if it wasn't the Jesus would have told us that His Fathers law is unfit for man. So stop Turing from the law and turn to it so you may live a better life here in hell
OK, so who was it who presented the Ten Commandments to Israel? Yup, it was Moses! The entire Pentateuch comprised "the Law" in the Old Testament. You can't separate out the ten commandments from the Pentateuch!

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#55 Nov 21, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
Still rejecting God here.
Again with the auto text! You need a new computer.
2all

Lewiston, ID

#56 Nov 21, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>OK, so who was it who presented the Ten Commandments to Israel? Yup, it was Moses! The entire Pentateuch comprised "the Law" in the Old Testament. You can't separate out the ten commandments from the Pentateuch!
who was it that said to stone the sinner yelp Moses yes you can for what God says happens and is good but what man says is of hot air . Buy the way who used their finger and where did the stone come from for the Ten Commandments ? So how do you say that the commandments are of Moses?, when God wrote them with his own finger? Come-on really really really?
yoyo

United States

#57 Nov 21, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
Every commandment Jesus mentioned here were ones regarding love for our fellowmen (apparently Jesus regarded this to be of prime importance), but no mention of sabbathkeeping. The young man truly wanted to know, and asked, "What must I do...?" If keeping the Sabbath were indeed a vital requirement for salvation, would He not have included it in the commandments specifically mentioned to this man? Some of you seem to believe that God is a cruel trickster who is trying to determine who of us is clever enough to figure out the mystery of salvation! Read and prayerfully consider this:
Matthew 5:16-22 (NASB)
The Rich Young Ruler
16 And someone came to Him and said,“Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?”
17 And He said to him,“Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 Then he *said to Him,“Which ones?” And Jesus said,“You shall not commit murder; You shall not commit adultery; You shall not steal; You shall not bear false witness;
19 Honor your father and mother; and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
20 The young man *said to Him,“All these things I have kept; what am I still lacking?”
21 Jesus said to him,“If you wish to be complete, go and sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.”
22 But when the young man heard this statement, he went away grieving; for he was one who owned much property.
Another victim of Satan and his antinomian clergy
Jersey

Ooltewah, TN

#58 Nov 21, 2012
yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another victim of Satan and his antinomian clergy
Why can't any one give a legit response as to why Jesus didn't mention the Sabbath to the young rich man? I've heard that the Sabbath was understood so I responded by saying, I guess murder wasn't understood because Jesus mentioned it. Really? The young rich man didn't know that you shouldn't murder? The young rich man admitted to keeping the 6 that Jesus mentioned so why not mention the Sabbath if the rich man knew it too? Even when the rich man said he kept all of those & what was left for him to do Jesus said to be perfect just sell everything & follow me. No Sabbath anywhere! WHY?
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#59 Nov 21, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
2all wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but God's law is not the law of Moses friend but you can keep on teaching that and may find your self wanting. For their will be those saying Lord,Lord did we not cast Demond's out in your name? You may finish the rest of the passage. Heavens blessing
Shad replied;
What are you saying....you have got to be kidding us.
You boldly state God's Law is Not the Law of Moses
18 Day after day, from the first day to the last, Ezra read from the Book of the Law of God. They celebrated the festival for seven days, and on the eighth day, in accordance with the regulation, there was an assembly. Neh 8
----------
Now , who gave the Law, the Ten C's to Moses?
24 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Come up to the Lord, you and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel. You are to worship at a distance, 2 but Moses alone is to approach the Lord; the others must not come near. And the people may not come up with him.”
3 When Moses went and told the people all the Lord’s words and laws, they responded with one voice,“Everything the Lord has said we will do.” 4 Moses then wrote down everything the Lord had said.
He got up early the next morning and built an altar at the foot of the mountain and set up twelve stone pillars representing the twelve tribes of Israel. 5 Then he sent young Israelite men, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as fellowship offerings to the Lord. 6 Moses took half of the blood and put it in bowls, and the other half he splashed against the altar. 7 Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it to the people. They responded,“We will do everything the Lord has said; we will obey.” Exodus 24
all, if you need any help, just ask
Another victim of Satan and his antinomian clergy
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#60 Nov 22, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the auto text! You need a new computer.
No, just showing what a liar you are according to Scripture.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#61 Nov 22, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't any one give a legit response as to why Jesus didn't mention the Sabbath to the young rich man? I've heard that the Sabbath was understood so I responded by saying, I guess murder wasn't understood because Jesus mentioned it. Really? The young rich man didn't know that you shouldn't murder? The young rich man admitted to keeping the 6 that Jesus mentioned so why not mention the Sabbath if the rich man knew it too? Even when the rich man said he kept all of those & what was left for him to do Jesus said to be perfect just sell everything & follow me. No Sabbath anywhere! WHY?
Neither was the second commandment mentioned as a requirement for salvation. Why? It seems to you that Jesus must not be too concerned about worshiping idols. You can go ahead and do so, and you'll still be saved.

Carry on!
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#62 Nov 22, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither was the second commandment mentioned as a requirement for salvation. Why? It seems to you that Jesus must not be too concerned about worshiping idols. You can go ahead and do so, and you'll still be saved.
Carry on!
VERY GOOD there is no commandment in the N.T. for the 4th 3rd or 2nd

He is here like SHADRACH to promote his false beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabbath 6 min MyReply 77
Seventh Day Adventist Church-wicked shepherds-b... (Dec '15) 10 min SDA Goddess E_G_W 154
How is Quoting Ellen G. White Evidence that SDA... 11 min MyReply 186
Is the SDA Denomination become Babylon? 13 min SDA Goddess E_G_W 14
Where is an IJ in this Rom. 8:1 13 min SDA Goddess E_G_W 17
I'm Looking Forward to the Collapse of Seventh-... 2 hr Lay Worker 5
3 Questions that frighten all SDA CULT members! (May '14) 3 hr SDA Goddess E_G_W 617
More from around the web