EGW as an Ordained Minister????

EGW as an Ordained Minister????

Since: Jan 12

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Feb 9, 2012
A family member of mine just posted on facebook a photo of the credentials from the GC. Interesting. Whats the take on this?
A Voice In The Wilderness

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Feb 9, 2012
She wasn't an ordained minister.

"Beginning in 1871 the church issued Mrs. White the credentials of an ordained minister. Was she therefore ordained? No. How do we know? From two lines of evidence, one coming from some of the credentials and the other from Mrs. White herself.

On at least one of the credentials we have for her, the word "ordained" has been carefully struck out, while on others it has not. The difference
apparently does not indicate a change of status. The word "ordained" stands unstruck on her credentials from 1883 and 1887, but it is struck
>out on her 1885 credentials, the one in between the other two.

In 1909 Mrs. White filled out a General Conference "Biographical Information Blank" in her own handwriting. Item 19 asks, "If ordained, state when, where, and by whom." On the answer line Mrs. White simply inscribed an X. She did the same for Item 26, which asks, "if remarried, give date, and to whom." Just as the X for the latter question indicated that she had never remarried, the X for Item 19 indicates that she had never been ordained.

So why did the church give her the credentials of an ordained minister? Well, what other credentials did they have that they could give her? The church has never had "prophetic" or "messenger" credentials, so apparently the church gave her its highest credentials without an ordination ceremony
having been carried out. We can see the awkwardness of the situation in the fact that sometimes they crossed out the word "ordained"--they recognized that these credentials were not a perfect fit. But in fact she needed no church credentials. For more than 25 years prior to 1871 she functioned without them.

By the way, Arthur White included the information about the Biographical Information Blank in an article that Spectrum published back in the spring
of 1972 (Spectrum, Vol. 4, No. 2, p. 8), so Ellen G. White's own testimony that she had not been ordained has been available for nearly 30 years. Within the Ellen G. White Estate, to my knowledge all have agreed that Ellen G. White had not been ordained, irrespective of any view they might hold on whether ordination for women is appropriate.

The three documents the White Estate keeps in print to send to people who have questions on related issues today all say the same thing on this point: Mrs. White herself was never ordained."

You can read more about this here: http://www.adventistsaffirm.org/article.php...
Dennis Fischer

Nebraska City, NE

#3 Feb 10, 2012
Ellen White was never formally ordained as a SDA minister. Some of those credential forms had "ordained minister" crossed out. Ellen White, however, received the highest salary possible from the SDA General Conference. She never baptized nor married anyone, and never presided over formal SDA meetings nor a communion service. All in all, the SDA hierarchy considered her ministry ordained of God (mouthpiece of God)--even though they had no prophetess forms to fill out and send to her.

Dennis Fischer
Blog: http://notesfromdennisfischer.blogspot.com
DANNO

London, UK

#4 Feb 10, 2012
Dennis Fischer wrote:
Ellen White was never formally ordained as a SDA minister. Some of those credential forms had "ordained minister" crossed out. Ellen White, however, received the highest salary possible from the SDA General Conference. She never baptized nor married anyone, and never presided over formal SDA meetings nor a communion service. All in all, the SDA hierarchy considered her ministry ordained of God (mouthpiece of God)--even though they had no prophetess forms to fill out and send to her.
Dennis Fischer
Blog: http://notesfromdennisfischer.blogspot.com
According to Paul EGW could NOT speak in CHURCH SERVICES!!

See 1st Tim 2: 12-13 & 1st Cor 14: 34 Infact all women should keep their big MOUTH SHUT in church!!
How many christians REJECT the words of Paul today??? I SAY over 50%

How many SECRETLY REJECT Pauls words on the matter? I say Millions! overt 85 %

How many Christian WOMEN REJECT Paul words on this matter ? I SAY over 90% do!!

and yet the SAME people today who REJECT those comments by PAUL still defend him and SAY HIS WRITINGS ARE INSPIRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! They insult the HOLY SPIRIT!! What a bunch of fools they are!

Dan

Dan
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#5 Feb 10, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Paul EGW could NOT speak in CHURCH SERVICES!!
See 1st Tim 2: 12-13 & 1st Cor 14: 34 Infact all women should keep their big MOUTH SHUT in church!!
How many christians REJECT the words of Paul today??? I SAY over 50%
How many SECRETLY REJECT Pauls words on the matter? I say Millions! overt 85 %
How many Christian WOMEN REJECT Paul words on this matter ? I SAY over 90% do!!
and yet the SAME people today who REJECT those comments by PAUL still defend him and SAY HIS WRITINGS ARE INSPIRED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT! They insult the HOLY SPIRIT!! What a bunch of fools they are!
Dan
Dan
Great post Dan! They do the same thing with the statutes (health codes) for Israel. They say eating unclean meat is a sin while shaving and cutting the hair (plus many other things) are exempt. No wonder people think Adventists are idiots!

But, just as prophesied in Rev. 3:4, a few of us Adventists have taken off the dark glasses and now see the real truth.

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Feb 10, 2012
Nothing is ever what it seems when it comes to EGW and SDA. There is always an explanation or exclusion or both. lol

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 10, 2012
Walt50 wrote:
Nothing is ever what it seems when it comes to EGW and SDA. There is always an explanation or exclusion or both. lol
If one desires to find one, there will always be a reason to refuse to believe. If you seek hooks to hang your doubts and unbelief upon, God will provide them. The cost is your eternal life.
Lay Worker

Perth, Australia

#8 Feb 10, 2012
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text> Great post Dan! They do the same thing with the statutes (health codes) for Israel. They say eating unclean meat is a sin while shaving and cutting the hair (plus many other things) are exempt. No wonder people think Adventists are idiots!
But, just as prophesied in Rev. 3:4, a few of us Adventists have taken off the dark glasses and now see the real truth.
You can see Dunny Dan and RR sitting down at the table
and devouring a gourmet turkey vulture raven meat pie.

A lot of ketchup is required to get it down tho.
Birdman

Arthur, IL

#9 Feb 10, 2012
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
OFF topic here as the Cult MAN would say
DANNO

London, UK

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Little ALF VIPER of SATAN.

ANGELS in Heaven and the saints on EARTH & St Terrilyn are waiting for your reply to post 128 & 129 on another thread!
Click > http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Feb 10, 2012
Interesting reading if you have an open mind.

http://notesfromdennisfischer.blogspot.com/20...
Birdman

Arthur, IL

#12 Feb 10, 2012
Walt50 wrote:
Interesting reading if you have an open mind.
http://notesfromdennisfischer.blogspot.com/20...
Very good reading, and that is why one should PROVE all points of BELIEF from SCRIPTURE ONLY
Birdman

Arthur, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2012
Walt50 wrote:
A family member of mine just posted on facebook a photo of the credentials from the GC. Interesting. Whats the take on this?
The GC was COMPLETELY wrong to do this.

Was very unbiblical, and if EGW accepted it, was also very wrong according to Scripture.

I don't know whether she did or not accept it.

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Feb 10, 2012
Birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
The GC was COMPLETELY wrong to do this.
Was very unbiblical, and if EGW accepted it, was also very wrong according to Scripture.
I don't know whether she did or not accept it.
I don't think you understand what happened. Read post #2 and the link provided.
Birdman

Arthur, IL

#16 Feb 10, 2012
A Voice In The Wilderness wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand what happened. Read post #2 and the link provided.
It is good that EGW never accepted if all that is true from the Estate.
Guy

Auburn, WA

#17 May 16, 2012
Wow some EXTREME HATEFILLED UNGODLY people especially danno
meandthetrees

El Centro, CA

#18 Dec 28, 2012
Where can you view E G White's Biographical Information Blank? I would also like to see James white's as well. If anyone know if this info is available, please let me know where to find it?

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHY do SDA LOOSE so many MEMBERS! SHOCKING! 1 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 89
Pieter Barkhuizen ([email protected]) (Mar '15) 2 hr odin 2
Is a one world religion coming in the future? 9 hr Earburner 103
Absent From the Body (2) 12 hr Eyeswideopen 165
SDA Costa-Rica Co-op (Jun '10) 16 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 42
How were the Angels, 24 elders, and the Four be... 17 hr Three Letters 24
+++ WHY ARE SABBATH HATERS ON a SDA FORUM +++ (Dec '13) Tue JesusWasNOTaJew G... 714
More from around the web