“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#43 Dec 8, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
So I began and kept asking God, nobody else, to tell me the truth about Jesus Christ. Strangely enough, I did not even think of reading the Bible then. I patiently waited, day after day, to see if and how God would answer my sincere, honest, and desperate request. I kept asking Him every day especially at bed time until one day, as I was walking up and down that same busy street where I had found that little piece of paper, suddenly my eyes were drawn to the title of a book that was on display. There were several on display but my eyes were riveted on that particlar book and for some reason I was captivated by its title, "The Old Planet Earth." On the back cover I read something about the prophecies of the Bible concerning planet earth and that made me very curious. It was then that I realized that I was standing right in front of the Canadian Bible Society. I had walked by this store many times before, just about everyday, but I had never paid any attention. I wasn't interested in anything that had to do with the Bible.
But this time, I was, more than ever before! Could it be that God was directing me to this particular book? I did not waste any time. I walked in and purchased the book and left. I headed back home staring at the book with the intention of reading it from cover to cover.
to be continued
Good grief Sky,when are you going to finish this story? The suspense is killing me....:D
yoyo

San Diego, CA

#44 Dec 8, 2012
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief Sky,when are you going to finish this story? The suspense is killing me....:D
When suspense is outlawed, only outlaws will use suspense.
yoyo

San Diego, CA

#45 Dec 8, 2012
Debbie Reid wrote:
He surely did not kill himself on a Sabbath just because he was depressed! The REAL reason will soon surface! He actually TAUGHT OTHERS how to deal with stress and depression! Maybe a third party?
Maybe he didn't kill himself.....this could be a Jesuit conspiracy!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#46 Dec 8, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
You were only interested in a direct connection with GOD?
Strange if GOD sent a person to talk to you as millions of times GOD sents an UMLIKELY person to help.
But I do wonder if I have met you at some time.
Maybe with a man called FRED. Small world.
I never met anybody to lead me in any way, shape, or form but that little piece of paper was enough to put me on the right track. The only way we could have met in the past would have been many years ago in the States at a campmeeting with Fred Wright in Arkansas or some other place.

sky

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#47 Dec 8, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
So I began and kept asking God, nobody else, to tell me the truth about Jesus Christ. Strangely enough, I did not even think of reading the Bible then. I patiently waited, day after day, to see if and how God would answer my sincere, honest, and desperate request. I kept asking Him every day especially at bed time until one day, as I was walking up and down that same busy street where I had found that little piece of paper, suddenly my eyes were drawn to the title of a book that was on display. There were several on display but my eyes were riveted on that particlar book and for some reason I was captivated by its title, "The Old Planet Earth." On the back cover I read something about the prophecies of the Bible concerning planet earth and that made me very curious. It was then that I realized that I was standing right in front of the Canadian Bible Society. I had walked by this store many times before, just about everyday, but I had never paid any attention. I wasn't interested in anything that had to do with the Bible.
But this time, I was, more than ever before! Could it be that God was directing me to this particular book? I did not waste any time. I walked in and purchased the book and left. I headed back home staring at the book with the intention of reading it from cover to cover.

to be continued

Good grief Sky, when are you going to finish this story? The suspense is killing me....:D

This is just the beginning Lori. So get ready for more suspense!:)

sky
Eternal Word

Adelaide, Australia

#48 Dec 8, 2012
What a misguided bunch of "deceived" comments...evern since SIN hit the planet, WE ARE ALL WEIRD...just in different ways. Study the Bible...line upon line, precept upon precept, don't take one or two lines and make a whole "theology" out of it. Test the prophets for yourselves, instead of following "human fables" - AMEN!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#49 Dec 8, 2012
So I got home that afternoon feeling like I was embarking on a totally different life journey with the prospect of new and exciting discoveries especially that for so long I had been spiritually in the dark.(Isaiah 60:2) It was so amazing that I should feel this way even before I started reading the book and the reason was that I knew in my heart of heart that God had truly heard my cry. In that state of mind I then began reading "The Old Planet Earth."

To make a long story short, the first direct result of this book was that I was to start reading the Bible for myself for the first time in my life. I could not wait to begin. As soon as I was done reading the book I began reading the Bible beginning with Genesis. I did not buy another book from the Canadian Bible Society until I was done reading the Bible that year. I did not skip anything. One story that really touched me was the story of Joseph in Egypt. Of course I had heard about this story before but I had never read it for myself directly from the Bible. It made such an impact on me that I felt in love with the God of Joseph. I did not realize there and then that I was falling in love with Jesus Christ but that is what was happening as later I discovered that Christ was the God of Moses, Abraham, and Jacob.(1 cor.10:1-4) Of course in time I came across with very difficult passages especially in the Old Testament, but I did not let that distract me. I trusted that the God who had just led me to this book would in due time clarify anything that needed clarification and I was not disappointed.

to be continued

“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#50 Dec 8, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
So I got home that afternoon feeling like I was embarking on a totally different life journey with the prospect of new and exciting discoveries especially that for so long I had been spiritually in the dark.(Isaiah 60:2) It was so amazing that I should feel this way even before I started reading the book and the reason was that I knew in my heart of heart that God had truly heard my cry. In that state of mind I then began reading "The Old Planet Earth."
To make a long story short, the first direct result of this book was that I was to start reading the Bible for myself for the first time in my life. I could not wait to begin. As soon as I was done reading the book I began reading the Bible beginning with Genesis. I did not buy another book from the Canadian Bible Society until I was done reading the Bible that year. I did not skip anything. One story that really touched me was the story of Joseph in Egypt. Of course I had heard about this story before but I had never read it for myself directly from the Bible. It made such an impact on me that I felt in love with the God of Joseph. I did not realize there and then that I was falling in love with Jesus Christ but that is what was happening as later I discovered that Christ was the God of Moses, Abraham, and Jacob.(1 cor.10:1-4) Of course in time I came across with very difficult passages especially in the Old Testament, but I did not let that distract me. I trusted that the God who had just led me to this book would in due time clarify anything that needed clarification and I was not disappointed.
to be continued
Joseph was wonderful.He was so honorable the way he forgave his brothers.The whole story is amazing. I understand what your saying,there are some really difficult scriptures in the old testament.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#51 Dec 8, 2012
Yes, to be sure, he was wonderful to forgive his brothers like he did. He was a type of Christ. Yes many difficult passages in the Old Testament. Can be overwhelming and many stumble and make ship wreck of their faith because of it instead of waiting upon the Lord to teach them in His own good time.

More later on my personal testimony.

sky :)
DANNO

London, UK

#52 Dec 9, 2012
Debbie Reid wrote:
He surely did not kill himself on a Sabbath just because he was depressed! The REAL reason will soon surface! He actually TAUGHT OTHERS how to deal with stress and depression! Maybe a third party?
The 5th of Dec was a not a Saturday in London UK, USA or in Australia.

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#53 Dec 9, 2012
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good till you realize that the people who push that line of thinkiing aren't reading God's Word. What they want you to do instead is to listen to what they say God's Word says.
Conkie

Are you still suffering with depression & Suicidal thoughts?

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#54 Dec 9, 2012
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good till you realize that the people who push that line of thinkiing aren't reading God's Word. What they want you to do instead is to listen to what they say God's Word says.
Conkie

Do you wish to be taken away to the place Luke spoke about in Luke 17: 37 YES or NO?
Birdie refuses to say YES or NO. How about you?

Dan

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#55 Dec 9, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
So I got home that afternoon feeling like I was embarking on a totally different life journey with the prospect of new and exciting discoveries especially that for so long I had been spiritually in the dark.(Isaiah 60:2) It was so amazing that I should feel this way even before I started reading the book and the reason was that I knew in my heart of heart that God had truly heard my cry. In that state of mind I then began reading "The Old Planet Earth."

To make a long story short, the first direct result of this book was that I was to start reading the Bible for myself for the first time in my life. I could not wait to begin. As soon as I was done reading the book I began reading the Bible beginning with Genesis. I did not buy another book from the Canadian Bible Society until I was done reading the Bible that year. I did not skip anything. One story that really touched me was the story of Joseph in Egypt. Of course I had heard about this story before but I had never read it for myself directly from the Bible. It made such an impact on me that I felt in love with the God of Joseph. I did not realize there and then that I was falling in love with Jesus Christ but that is what was happening as later I discovered that Christ was the God of Moses, Abraham, and Jacob.(1 cor.10:1-4) Of course in time I came across with very difficult passages especially in the Old Testament, but I did not let that distract me. I trusted that the God who had just led me to this book would in due time clarify anything that needed clarification and I was not disappointed.

to be continued

I enjoyed reading the Old Testament as much as I enjoyed the New. I remember one winter evening after having spent some time with my best friends, on the way back home, every fifty feet I would write the words "Jesus is alive" on snow banks. But I was far from realizing where my new found faith would take me in the years to come. With time I learned that truth was progressive and that one little ray of light, if not resisted, will prepare for greater revelation.

Many years later I read the following words from one who, by then, had become of my favorite authors:

"The heart that has once tasted the love of Christ, cries out continually for a deeper draft, and as you impart yoiu will receive in richer and more abundant measure. Every revelation of God to the soul increases the capacity to know and to love. The continual cry of the heart is,'More of Thee,' and ever the Spirit's answer is,'Much more.'" Mount of Blessing,20.

And then I came across these words which are just as full of wisdom from above:

"We need to have a personal experience. We need to be converted, as did the Jews. If you see a little light, you are not to stand back and say,'I will wait until my brethren have seen it.' If you do, you will go on in darkness. God help us to have a knowledge of the truth, and if you have seen the truth of God, press right to the light and put up the bars behind you. Make not flesh your arm; but have a living experience for yourselves, and then your countenance will shine with the glory of God." Faith & Works,77,78.

to be continued

Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#56 Dec 9, 2012
I do treasure your experience looking back I was a boy sitting on a rock alone watching the sea.
A totally different outlook on life.
One day on this farm I cranked the tractor and it started in gear facing the wall. A miracle took place that day. TIME STOOD stil and just stepped to my left as the tractor ran up the wall beside me. SURE I would have died alone that day but for that miracle. No one can tell me there is NO GOD.
I mever wrote down what day it was as that is between me and GOD alone. I managed to turn the ignition off and the tractor was standing up the wall on the back wheels. I had to get the car and tow the tractor back down off the wall.

We all have differing experiences with GOD I am sure of that. My experence cannot convince you but it sure has me still thinking. I was much younger and active than today.
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#57 Dec 9, 2012
skyblue888 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never met anybody to lead me in any way, shape, or form but that little piece of paper was enough to put me on the right track. The only way we could have met in the past would have been many years ago in the States at a campmeeting with Fred Wright in Arkansas or some other place.
sky
I came across this by accident.
OKAY we have never met. FRED was in Arkansas at a camp meeting. Mind he has been dead for many years now.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#58 Dec 9, 2012
Not sure what it is you came across by accident.

I know he is dead. I was only connected with him between 1983 and 1986.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#59 Dec 9, 2012
I enjoyed reading the Old Testament as much as I enjoyed the New. I remember one winter evening after having spent some time with my best friends, on the way back home, I wrote the words "Jesus is alive" on snow banks. But I was far from realizing where my new found faith would take me in the years to come. With time I learned that truth was progressive and that one little ray of light, if not resisted, will prepare for greater revelation.

Many years later I read the following words from one who, by then, had become one of my favorite authors:

"The heart that has once tasted the love of Christ, cries out continually for a deeper draft, and as you impart you will receive in richer and more abundant measure. Every revelation of God to the soul increases the capacity to know and to love. The continual cry of the heart is,'More of Thee,' and ever the Spirit's answer is,'Much more.'" Mount of Blessing,20.

And then I came across these words which are just as full of wisdom from above:

"We need to have a personal experience. We need to be converted, as did the Jews. If you see a little light, you are not to stand back and say,'I will wait until my brethren have seen it.' If you do, you will go on in darkness. God help us to have a knowledge of the truth, and if you have seen the truth of God, press right to the light and put up the bars behind you. Make not flesh your arm; but have a living experience for yourselves, and then your countenance will shine with the glory of God." Faith & Works,77,78.

to be continued
__________

Once I was done reading the Bible, I decided it was time to pay another visit to the Canadian Bible Society, just a few blocks away from where I lived. For about one whole year, every other week I would buy a different book until I had read about 75 of them, all by evangelical authors, several written by Billy Graham. It was that year that I stopped smoking and drinking. I had read in one of the books quoting the Bible that our bodies were the temple of the Holy Spirit. I quickly came to the conclusion that by smoking I was defiling the temple of God but every single attempt to stop failed. I realized then that instead of letting God take care of that problem I had tried to do it all on my own by the power of the will. Hope revived within me when I finally dropped on my knees and said, "Lord, I can't do this myself. I understand that by smoking I am defiling your temple. Therefore it is not your will that I should be smoking. You alone can deliver me from this unhealthy habit. If You will, you can take the urge to smoke away from me."

I got up from my knees with the feeling that I would never smoke again and, amazingly enough, I did not feel the urge to smoke ever again. It was that easy. Not long after this experience I also quit drinking. To my Redeemer alone be the glory.

to be continued

*Thanks Robert for treasuring my experience. Looks like you had a close call there that day on that tractor.:)
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#60 Dec 9, 2012
I have done some crazy things like rock climbing on my own I can remember getting to the top of a cliff and wonderiong how to get on top of it. Looking straight dow to rocks below.
Then riding my old bycicle down winding hills at break neck speed. But yes I am here today.
Drinking & smoking were not really my thing.
Reading is a chore. Listening to others is what I have done. But sure I have many books " HERE A LITTLE THERE A LITTLE "

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#61 Dec 10, 2012
After the Lord gave me this amazing victory over smoking and drinking my friends were wondering what had happened to me. Of course they started teasing me and so did some members of my family. But that did not phase me out in the least. I knew in whom I had believed and nothing or nobody was going to move me. I still would go out with my best friends even at the bar but I refused to drink or smoke. I told them what was happening with me but, of course, they were not really interested in hearing about Jesus. We always got together saturday evenings and stayed up late. I would sleep in the next morning. I had no idea that one of these sunday mornings I would be startled out of my slumbers by an impromptu visitor and that my Christian journey would take on a slighty different turn efer after.

By this time I was wishing I could meet with anyone or any group whom I could identify with. One day I walked into this small store on my way home from work. The cashier was a woman about my age, early twenties. On the counter were free tiny little religious booklets. I asked a couple of questions about these booklets. We chatted for a while and at some point in the conversation she asked me if I would be interested in coming to this prayer meeting with her. I accepted without hesitation cause, like I said, by that time I was craving spiritual fellowship. The meeting was held in a large room and there were only about 20 people there. But what a disappointment this meeting was to me! There was a lot of excitement even yelling all in the name of the Lord but this was not exactly my idea of worship. I thanked my friend for having invited me but I never went back in there again.

to be continued

*Robert, looks like you were a normal kid.:)

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#62 Dec 10, 2012
Close to where I lived was this huge building that looked like a Cathedral. One day, early in the evening, I noticed that people were going in. I decided to follow them and took a seat. Again there were not too many people attending. This time it was the total opposite of what I had experienced before. Whereas my first experience had been too loud this time it was way too quiet. I could hardly make out the words the priest was mumbling. At what I thought was an appropriate time, I quietly walked out of the building somewhat disillusioned. My hope of ever finding anyone with kindred spirits seemed to have faded away that day.

But as you shall see the God who had led me to His book was not yet done with me.

Back to one of these sunday mornings while in a deep sleep there was a knock on my door. I got up to answer the door and there was this cousin of one of my best friends who had decided to pay me a visit. While we were chatting at the table I decided to turn the tv on, something I had never done on a sunday morning. In the few minutes that followed I heard words that would change the course of my Chritian journey for the rest of my life. I found myself being glued to the screen listening to every word. The subject: The Second Coming of Christ. The more I listened to what was being said and quoted from the Bible the more I wanted to know about this subject and to connect with this man or the people or church he represented. Lo and behold at the end of the program there were free brochures advertized.

The next day I sent in a request for these free brochures and in no time I received them in the mail. My initial reaction to these brochures was not very good especially that on the front cover of one of them was the picture of what seemed to be the devil holding the souls of men in the fires of hell! So I put them away for the time being. But a week or so later I got a phone call. The person at the other end was calling to ask me if I had received the brochures I had asked for. Also I was told that there were two young student missionairies who happened to be visiting from France and if that would interest me, they would be delighted in paying me a visit. I replied by saying that they were welcome to come and that I too would be delighted to meet with them!

The next day, early in the afternoon, two young ladies knocked on my door. With a welcoming smile, I invited them in. They were smiling as well. And this is how I had my first personaly contact with Seventh-day Adventists. I chatted with them for a little whle and they seemed to be quite impressed with my personal testimony and before they left they invited me to attend their next prayer meeting on a Wednesday evening.

to be continued

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Consequences of Atheism 8 min Uncle Sam 795
Sunday "Christianity" - [SATANIC CULT] Daniel'... 1 hr Earburner 193
ONLY ADVENTISTS in HEAVEN for 1000 YEARS? 1 hr Shane Rohrich 2,668
SDA pastors and laity neglect reading bible 1 hr yoyo 2
You state Christians they won't enter KOG 1 hr Shane Rohrich 21
EXAMPLE of one in a CULT 2 hr sitka happy 20
BUTTERBOX BABIES For SALE in 1930s/40s 4 hr DANNO 2
More from around the web