why leave Adventism but stil keep the...

why leave Adventism but stil keep the sabbath.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#1 Jan 23, 2013
Clearly if you leave the SDA church because of false teaching.Why continue to observe the sabbath which the Bible clearly shows was given only to Isreal. The Alfs and anti Paul gangs rail on the Sda church but clearly still hang onto the sabbath. If a Church has false teachings in one area wouldnt it be wise to look at every doctrine? A little leaven?
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#2 Jan 23, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
Clearly if you leave the SDA church because of false teaching.Why continue to observe the sabbath which the Bible clearly shows was given only to Isreal. The Alfs and anti Paul gangs rail on the Sda church but clearly still hang onto the sabbath. If a Church has false teachings in one area wouldnt it be wise to look at every doctrine? A little leaven?
The fact is the SDA church is not the only Sabbath keeping church out there.

It's not the Sabbath that is false, it's Ellen whites crap that is false.

Though I do disagree with the SDA reason for keeping the Sabbath. Their explanation is like a second grader explaining why 2 plus 2 is 4.

In reality though, if your theory held water then the seven churches of Revelation had best give up, they almost all had a little false doctrine, but they are still considered part of the true church.

Actually I know of no church today that doesn't have some form of false doctrine. I myself don't even claim to know it all.

Maybe you should think a little before asking such a stupid question.
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#3 Jan 23, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
Oh, and no, the bible clearly shows that the Sabbath was made for and given to man. Maybe you should read your bible before commenting.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I do disagree with the SDA reason for keeping the Sabbath. Their explanation is like a second grader explaining why 2 plus 2 is 4.
In reality though, if your theory held water then the seven churches of Revelation had best give up, they almost all had a little false doctrine, but they are still considered part of the true church.
Actually I know of no church today that doesn't have some form of false doctrine. I myself don't even claim to know it all.
Well put!!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Clearly, there are some in here that will judge someone's comments as terrible even when they agree with them just because they are so full of hate.
BTW, I do agree with you Kevin.

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#6 Jan 23, 2013
Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not![38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.[39] For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#7 Jan 23, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
So a false prophet keeping the sabbath "truth"?The seven literal churches did pass away, I have walked among thier ruins. So you must find validity in islam buddism mormonism
The true church stands solely on the grace of Jesus Christ. Because other churches keep the sabbath proves nothing. Anymore than going to church on sunday proves anything. When I left Advemtism I examined every doctrine in light of the cross.
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#8 Jan 23, 2013
Signs of the Times wrote:
Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not![38] Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.[39] For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
Thanks 'Signs'. This one verse does away with the three stories Saul/Paul told about seeing Jesus.

What is wrong with keeping ALL of the ten commandments also known as the 'covenant'? Didn't God give them to EVERYONE, Jew, Israelite or Gentile, as long as they wanted be in the Kingdom of God? They are the laws of the land (KoH), right?
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#9 Jan 24, 2013
jonebgood wrote:
<quoted text> So a false prophet keeping the sabbath "truth"?The seven literal churches did pass away, I have walked among thier ruins. So you must find validity in islam buddism mormonism
The true church stands solely on the grace of Jesus Christ. Because other churches keep the sabbath proves nothing. Anymore than going to church on sunday proves anything. When I left Advemtism I examined every doctrine in light of the cross.
Please tell me that you're not so clueless as to think the messages to the seven churches in Revelation were merely for their own time?

I'm glad that you left the SDA church, but if you left for protestantism then you've went from the frying pan into the fire. You're definately no better off.

The Cross is wonderful, but obviously you haven't a clue what the reason for the cross was. Jesus had do die on the cross because man is disobedient. Man does not want to obey God.

They want to worship him, but they refuse to do it the way he wants because it is inconvenient for them.

I don't want to keep the Sabbath there are too many football games on the Sabbath and besides it's so much easier to just keep any day that I choose.

It's too difficult being called an oddball for keeping the Holy Days of YHVH, I want to keep the days of the world. It's so much easier and my friends will have more respect for me. If I do what God wants I'm an oddball.

If it wasn't for our selfish, I want to do it my way instead of Gods way attitude Christ would not have had to die on the cross.

Do a word search. Look how many times the words, obey, obedient, keep, walk ye, do, etc. is in the bible, especially the N.T.

God's desire is for us to obey.

"Oh, that they had the heart to obey me."

Very few today want to obey God. They want to think they're obeying. They go to church every Sunday, they go on Easter anmd xmas, not even realizing this is totally contrary to what God commands.

They feel all warm and cozy about the cross.

Why do people feel the need to wear something that our God was tortured on? It's sick. But they want to be seen my men to be religious.

There is a way that seems right unto a man but the end is death.

He wasn't kidding when he inspired that.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Kevvie so far has provided no viable Biblical option to depart from Adventism and to be joining the Kevvie ideology ...

Kevvie has not identifies the apostasy and the known heresies within Adventism either

Kevvie merely presents more evangelical rhetoric which is the usual protestantism coated with pharisaical zeal for the feast days!
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#11 Jan 24, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
Kevvie so far has provided no viable Biblical option to depart from Adventism and to be joining the Kevvie ideology ...
Kevvie has not identifies the apostasy and the known heresies within Adventism either
Kevvie merely presents more evangelical rhetoric which is the usual protestantism coated with pharisaical zeal for the feast days!
From reading this and other of your posts I've concluded that your IQ is well below average.

Just when did I say that it was my intent to give viable options for leaving the SDA cult, or that I had a cult following of my own?
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#12 Jan 24, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
From reading this and other of your posts I've concluded that your IQ is well below average.
Just when did I say that it was my intent to give viable options for leaving the SDA cult, or that I had a cult following of my own?
When one retains the ability to not provide citational evidence either from the Bible or various SDA denominated sources - so, guess whose intelligence quotient is below par.

Poor debilitated Kevvie doesnt have an A game for this forum and somehow holds a personal esteem for his own IQ.

Interesting !
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#13 Jan 24, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Amid the confusing cries, "Lo, here is Christ! Lo, there is Christ!" will be borne a special testimony, a special message of truth appropriate for this time, which message is to be received, believed, and acted upon. It is the truth, not fanciful ideas, that is efficacious. The eternal truth of the Word will stand forth free from all seductive errors and spiritualistic interpretations, free from all fancifully drawn, alluring pictures. Falsehoods will be urged upon the attention of God's people, but the truth is to stand clothed in its beautiful, pure garments. The Word, precious in its holy, uplifting influence, is not to be degraded to a level with common, ordinary matters. It is always to remain uncontaminated by the fallacies by which Satan seeks to deceive, if possible, the very elect.

--The Review and Herald, Oct. 13, 1904.

CONCLUSION

Kevvie is amid the voices and their cries - Lo here is Christ ...
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
When one retains the ability to not provide citational evidence either from the Bible or various SDA denominated sources - so, guess whose intelligence quotient is below par.
Poor debilitated Kevvie doesnt have an A game for this forum and somehow holds a personal esteem for his own IQ.
Interesting !
I have quoted the bible plenty on this forum, and I will never quote Ellen's White lies, nor any other SDA false teachings.

Question, is a law Professor debilitated if he's teaching a bunch of ten year olds and they haven't the ability to comprehend what he's talking about?
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amid the confusing cries, "Lo, here is Christ! Lo, there is Christ!" will be borne a special testimony, a special message of truth appropriate for this time, which message is to be received, believed, and acted upon. It is the truth, not fanciful ideas, that is efficacious. The eternal truth of the Word will stand forth free from all seductive errors and spiritualistic interpretations, free from all fancifully drawn, alluring pictures. Falsehoods will be urged upon the attention of God's people, but the truth is to stand clothed in its beautiful, pure garments. The Word, precious in its holy, uplifting influence, is not to be degraded to a level with common, ordinary matters. It is always to remain uncontaminated by the fallacies by which Satan seeks to deceive, if possible, the very elect.
--The Review and Herald, Oct. 13, 1904.
CONCLUSION
Kevvie is amid the voices and their cries - Lo here is Christ ...
And the Three Demons message of the SDA church is also Lo There is Jesus

Not mocking the Three Angels message, just declaring that the SDA church is not the messenger as they think they are.
DANNO

London, UK

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and no, the bible clearly shows that the Sabbath was made for and given to man. Maybe you should read your bible before commenting.
Perhaps he has a Bible that says the SABBATH is given to the REMNANT?

Their SDA Bible has REMOVED the word "ATONEMENT" from Lev 16: 10

I know because I was still a member when they were selling it on SABBATHS!

Did you know that the SDA church sell books on SABBATHS.

Dan

Location hidden

#17 Jan 24, 2013
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Their SDA Bible has REMOVED the word "ATONEMENT" from Lev 16: 10
It eas and is NOT ever a Bible and you know it, but keep on with your lies.
birdman

Mattoon, IL

#18 Jan 24, 2013
OzarkWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
It eas and is NOT ever a Bible and you know it, but keep on with your lies.
CORRECT, it is just another book written by one who has his own opinion.
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#19 Jan 24, 2013
Kevin McMillen wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me that you're not so clueless as to think the messages to the seven churches in Revelation were merely for their own time?
I'm glad that you left the SDA church, but if you left for protestantism then you've went from the frying pan into the fire. You're definately no better off.
The Cross is wonderful, but obviously you haven't a clue what the reason for the cross was. Jesus had do die on the cross because man is disobedient. Man does not want to obey God.
They want to worship him, but they refuse to do it the way he wants because it is inconvenient for them.
I don't want to keep the Sabbath there are too many football games on the Sabbath and besides it's so much easier to just keep any day that I choose.
It's too difficult being called an oddball for keeping the Holy Days of YHVH, I want to keep the days of the world. It's so much easier and my friends will have more respect for me. If I do what God wants I'm an oddball.
If it wasn't for our selfish, I want to do it my way instead of Gods way attitude Christ would not have had to die on the cross.
Do a word search. Look how many times the words, obey, obedient, keep, walk ye, do, etc. is in the bible, especially the N.T.
God's desire is for us to obey.
"Oh, that they had the heart to obey me."
Very few today want to obey God. They want to think they're obeying. They go to church every Sunday, they go on Easter anmd xmas, not even realizing this is totally contrary to what God commands.
They feel all warm and cozy about the cross.
Why do people feel the need to wear something that our God was tortured on? It's sick. But they want to be seen my men to be religious.
There is a way that seems right unto a man but the end is death.
He wasn't kidding when he inspired that.
LOL, some right and some not so right. Kevin, why did you say what you said about football games? Is that your job--are you a coach or football player? Are you coming down on people who watch sports or play sports on Sabbath? I don't see that in the 4th Commandment, do you?

Kevin, what is the first message and who is that directed to? Can you name those who were put to a test who called themselves apostles and found to be false? Why not? I am sure this warning message was important to be the FIRST one of the Seven--don't you? It cetainly was put there as a joke or to tease us!

Location hidden

#20 Jan 24, 2013
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECT, it is just another book written by one who has his own opinion.
It is nothingb but paraphrasing and lots about EGW but it was never a Bible and still isn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the IJ found in Scripture? 2 min Lay Worker 170
Ellen White asked a Legitimate Question that ex... 18 min djc 26
God says for me to Live; I am told to Die. 22 min misbehaved 9
We Have Never Seen Anything like This... (2017-... 53 min Earburner 717
Why did Pastor Doug RESIGN ? (Apr '11) 1 hr djc 639
EGW & SDA Forbid Jewelry? 2 hr Stephen1989 26
Freemasonry in Adventism (Jul '07) 2 hr djc 1,065
Christ's Investigative Judgment Doctrine 2 hr Zog Has-fallen 24
Was the Sabbath Covenant made for mankind? 2 hr djc 285
More from around the web