MANY SDA's believe WEDNESDAY Crucifix...
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3797 Sep 29, 2014
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...
Reg:
Hello all fellow posters I believe that the greatest part of all English Bibles were the work of the Holy Spirit through the interpreters and the decisions made were God breathed, but there are some that are more resent that in some places lean on tradition and not Gods word.
Greek is quoted to prove the English wrong by those who disagree with what is said your rendering is only one among the many men that wrote the translations who discuss all and come to an agreement on their translations I except that the Holy Spirit inspired them on what to agree on
Now I am posting the 22 bibles on Mat 28:1 now can you show me all the ones that have a Sunday resurrection
Matthew 28:1
1 Standard Versions "In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher."—
2 Authorized Version. "Late on the Sabbath day."—A.R.V., R. V.
3 Catholic Version "In the end of the Sabbath."—Douay
4 . Historic English Translations
5 Wiclif, 1880 "But in the euentide of the Saboth."
6 Tyndale, 1534.—"The Sabboth daye at even."
7 Granmer, 1539.—"Vpon an euening of the Sabbothes."
8 Geneva, 1557. "About the later ende of the Sabbath day."
9 Rheims, 1582. "And in the euening of the Sabboth."
Independent Translations
10 "Late on the Sabbath day."—American Baptist Improved, Moulton.
11 "Late on the Sabbath."—Darby.
13 "After the sabbaths.* "—Fenton.
14 "In the end of the Sabbath."—Newberry
15 "Late in the week."—Rotherham
16 "On the eve of the sabbaths."—Young.
17 "At the end of the Sabbath."—Centenary New Testament.
18 "It is the evening of the sabbaths."—Concordant.
19 "Late in the Sabbath."—Von Tischendorf.
20 "After the Sabbath."— Goodspeed.
21 Twentieth Century, Weymoutn.
22 "Late on Sabbath."— Interlinear Greek.
23 "At the close of the Sabbath."—Moffatt.
24 "In the close of the Sabbath."—Syriac.

GE:
Reg, your argument is that Matthew 28:1 is …
Reg wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d... Now you show me the 7th day Sabbath in the bible that has preparation day before it the 6 times it is used are all on the passover
because <<all … 6 times … that has preparation day before it>>, are NOT <<the 7th day Sabbath>>.
Matthew 28:1 is one of these <<6 times … Sabbath is used in the bible that has preparation day before it>>—So, according to yourself, Jesus did not resurrect <<on the passover>> did He?!

What a joke you are, Reg.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3798 Sep 29, 2014
Reg wrote:
hello fellow posters how mwny of the Mar 28:1 texts are on Sunday morning
i am going to continue to post them untill i get answers. there is only one way this this discussion is going to be 100% Gods word deletes errors one at a time
so you choose which are Sabbath resurections and which are Sunday resurections
and we can have a definite answer to the problem,
then i will post problem 2 and so on untill Gods truth on the passover has been sensibly debated and tradition is replaced with truth
I only hope and pray you are going to stand by what you say and STOP POST YOUR SILLINESS!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3799 Sep 29, 2014
Reg:
John 12:1--,6 days before the passover John arived at bethany . this is friday which makes Wednesdaythe day the day before Passover Mark 14:1,2is Tuesday and states after two days is passover Thuesday which fitts in perfectaly with John 12:1 by Ex 12:6,18 the lamb was killed after the 14th day on the eve of the 15th twilight Jesus had to be still alive at sunset Wednesday so night one begins at the going down of the sun on Wednesday the begining of thursday
eve of Thursday nignt 1
Thursday day 1
Eve of Friday night 2
friday day 2
Eve of Sabbath night 3
Sabbath reserection day 3
it is the only way it all fits together.
GE:
Reg the liar says <<Ex 12:6,18 the lamb was killed after the 14th day on the eve of the 15th>>.
Exodus 12:6,18 states “ON THE FOURTEENTH”—NOT <<after the 14th>> and NOT <<on the eve of the 15th>>.
And what makes <<… this is Friday>> … <<John 12:1--,6 days before the passover John arived at Bethany>>???
NOTHING but YOUR word which is a LYING word all the way.
For example, you say <<John [Sic.] arrived [Sic.] at Bethany>>. That is not what it says; it says “Jesus came in Bethany where Lazarus stayed [‘Iehsous ehlthen eis Behthanian hopou ehn Ladzaros’]… where there was a meal (for Him served).”
<<this>>—the day when “Jesus visited Lazarus in Bethany six days before the Days-of-Passover”—was NOT, <<on Friday>>;
because John 19:31 says “The Preparation (‘Friday’) was great day sabbath”,“the first day”(Exodus 12:15) of the “Days” of the Feast of Eating the Passover “on the fifteenth day of the First Month”.
So Friday Abib 15 was the day after “six days before”:‘Friday’;
So Thursday Abib 14 was the day after five days before Friday;
So Wednesday Abib 13 was the day after four days before Friday;
So Tuesday Abib 12 was the day after three days before Friday;
So Monday Abib 11 was the day after two days before Friday;
So Sunday Abib 10 was the day after one day before Friday;
So Sabbath Abib 9 was the day before Friday.
Or put it this way…
The “Days” of the passover feast of ULB started on Abib 15 “great day sabbath … since that day was The Preparation … which is the Fore-Sabbath”—‘Friday’. Therefore
One day “before” it was Thursday Abib 14;
Two days “before” it was Wednesday Abib 13;
Three days “before” it was Tuesday Abib 12;
Four days “before” it was Monday Abib 11;
Five days “before” it was Sunday Abib 10;
“Six days before” it, was Sabbath Abib 9;
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3800 Sep 29, 2014
The day of the week which won the day of Jesus' Resurrection won the Day of God's and of God's People's Sabbath Day of worship-rest.

Jesus' Resurrection from the dead is what makes all the difference to the day of the week He rose from the dead on.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3801 Sep 29, 2014
Jesus' Resurrection is what made of the day of his Resurrection the Sabbath of the LORD and The Lord's Day in which He Triumphed Gloriously in the Son.
STEENBERG

Willard, NC

#3802 Sep 30, 2014
Reg is reg (correct) and old skaapkop should be humble enough to learn from this great scholar.

I saw him last week in his German car,
Alex

Australia

#3803 Sep 30, 2014
Gerhard Ebersoehn wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright with a few questions for you, Alex,
Don’t you mean, <<"the Last Supper was….the night before Feast of the Passover/ULB 24 hours _____>> __later__, instead of <<__before__>>?
Naturally <<the disciples>> were <<disheartened with the death of their Messiah>>. But you must take into account their utter confusion and the chaos caused by the natural disasters of the earthquake and darkness and torn veil and fallen-in door-lintel of the gate into the sanctuary. So they <<probably>> would have had their passover meal “the first night” after on the 15th, when “it had become evening”– at three to four hours after Jesus had given his life “the ninth hour” before sunset : <<on the 14 Nisan>>.
But they rather ALREADY after Jesus had died, would have gone into hiding in the room where Jesus the night after “that day” of “the First Day of the week”, found them “thronged-in-together-still behind closed doors for fear of the Jews”.
It was ONLY Joseph—who is the only one MENTIONED—, who dared to ask Pilate for Jesus’ body.
And it was ONLY Nicodemus—who is the only one MENTIONED—, who later on in “the first night” of ULB,“also came to him (Joseph) there”, where the two of them “treated the body of Jesus” and prepared it for the grave.
Not one of the twelve disciples came to or were present with them; Joseph and Nicodemus undertook alone; they were only the two of them—these two members of the Sanhedrin.
They must have decided between themselves to obtain Jesus’ body with the view to bury him, most likely where under NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES as members of the Sanhedrin, they would have met for their passover meal together.
In fact, that is what the Text says,“There came also Nicodemus to him (Joseph) HAVING MET AT THE FIRST NIGHT (of ULB)”–‘ehlthen de kai Nikodehmos ho ELTHOHN pros auton NUKTOS TO PROHTON’.
GE - seems ok - note original wording "the Last Supper was not a Passover meal - it was the night before Feast of the Passover/ULB 24 hours". On that we agree. Not sure why you wanted to further when you know I believe the Last Supper was 24 hours before Feast of the Passover/ULB.
Samie

Quezon City, Philippines

#3804 Sep 30, 2014
What is called the Last Supper is the eating of Passover by our Lord with His disciples, on the night He was arrested.
Samie

Quezon City, Philippines

#3805 Sep 30, 2014
The question of the disciples:
"Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?" (NKJ Matt 26:17; Mark 14:12)

The statements of our Lord:
NKJ Luke 22:8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat."

NKJ Matt 26:18 ... "My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."

The Passover eaten by our Lord with His disciples on the night He was arrested is what is termed the Last Supper.
Samie

Quezon City, Philippines

#3806 Sep 30, 2014
Was it full moon when Jesus ate Passover that night He was arrested?

Yes, the first full moon after the spring equinox. It was the night after sunset Tuesday, March 27, 31 AD. It was Nisan, the Passover month, in the calendar of the Jews. It was then Nisan 14. Christ was crucified Wednesday, March 28. 3 days and 3 nights later, He resurrected early Saturday morning, March 31.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3807 Sep 30, 2014
Samie wrote:
What is called the Last Supper is the eating of Passover by our Lord with His disciples, on the night He was arrested.
What is called the "PASSOVER" though in those Scriptures -- which the Lord Jesus "with great desire desired to eat with you before I suffer”, was “TO SUFFER”--‘pathein’—“to suffer” the PASSOVER-OF-YAHWEH SUFFERING OF DEATH.

Jesus WILLED to “lay down (his) LIFE”.“The zeal of [for] Thine House has EATEN ME UP … DESTROY This Temple (of Jesus’ Life)… the Temple of his body … and in three days I will raise it up.… When therefore HE WAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD his disciples remembered that He had said THIS (“The zeal of [for] Thine House has EATEN ME UP) to them.”

"With great desire I desired to eat with you before I suffer”—‘pro tou me pathein’—Infinitive of Noun Force—"With great desire I desired to EAT MY SUFFERING.” The Infinitive of Noun Force is the inevitable explanation for Jesus’ immediate negation of what he had just expressed as his most fervent “desire to eat this passover … for I say unto you I WILL NOT BY ANY MEANS EAT IT until it be fulfilled in the Kingdom of God.”

Even this declaration of Jesus, rightly may and in fact ought to be read as prophecy of his last PASSOVER-SUFFERING OF DYING THE DEATH OF DEATH—,
“… for I say unto you I will not by any means EAT THIS PASSOVER TILL I FULFILLED EATING IT in the Kingdom of God”—
“fulfilled eating it IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD”—
in the Kingdom of God “THIS NIGHT”, for
“in this night”,“the Kingdom of God” was WHERE, and WHAT,
Jesus had “ENTERED into”.
Jesus entered “into the Kingdom of My Father”,“to eat this passover”.

His SUFFERING was Jesus’ Bread and Cup. He ate and drank suffering; He suffering ate and drank.

Jesus’ was a spiritual eating; an eating and drinking of the TRUE Passover of Yahweh.
The disciples’ was mere eating and drinking of bread and wine in spirit as far away absent from Jesus as the local pub from heaven. Like real drunks they noisily left the room and cavilled over who’s the greatest big shot and like real drunks they fell asleep while they ought to have “suffered-with” Jesus in HIS DARKEST HOUR IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3808 Sep 30, 2014
Samie wrote:
The question of the disciples:
"Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?" (NKJ Matt 26:17; Mark 14:12)
The statements of our Lord:
NKJ Luke 22:8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare the Passover for us, that we may eat."
NKJ Matt 26:18 ... "My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples."
The Passover eaten by our Lord with His disciples on the night He was arrested is what is termed the Last Supper.
The actual, real, and true meaning of the word 'pathein'/'to pascha'', USE it while you read, "Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat your SUFFERING?"
And He sent Peter and John, saying, "Go and prepare My Suffering for us, that we may eat."
My time is at hand; I will keep My Suffering at your house with My disciples."
The “SUFFERING”,“eaten” by our Lord with His disciples on the night He was arrested is what is termed “The SUFFERING”—“the Passover-of-Yahweh”.

What _WE_ <termed>,‘the Last Supper’ was the first “Lord’s Supper” as _Paul_ <termed> it; and the “bread” and “wine” Jesus’ disciples in that night ate and drank On Jesus’ Command, were <termed> “my body” and “my blood” respectively.

As impossible the disciples literally or physically ate and drank Jesus’ flesh and blood, as impossible Jesus literally or physically ate and drank of the “bread” and “wine” that night.

BECAUSE “The very first day above all thou shalt REMOVE LEAVEN”—THE LEAVEN OF CHRIST JESUS’ LIFE.

Jesus the PRIME-Obedient to the Law,“The very first day above all” WOULD NOT EAT “BREAD”—leavened “bread”; NOR DRINK “WINE”—fermented “wine”. He had a “Body Prepared for (Him)” of which “the LIFE was in the blood”, which LIFE “IN THIS THAT NIGHT”,“HE HAD TO SUFFER”,“TO LAY IT DOWN” and “HAD TO SUFFER” it be “REMOVED”.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#3809 Sep 30, 2014
Samie wrote:
Was it full moon when Jesus ate Passover that night He was arrested?
Yes, the first full moon after the spring equinox. It was the night after sunset Tuesday, March 27, 31 AD. It was Nisan, the Passover month, in the calendar of the Jews. It was then Nisan 14. Christ was crucified Wednesday, March 28. 3 days and 3 nights later, He resurrected early Saturday morning, March 31.
‘Naturally’, it was full moon when Jesus ate Passover that night He was arrested; what’s your issue?!
And yes,“to its season” it was the first full moon after the spring equinox.

And exactly according to the passover Law, it was the night after sunset.

But who told you it was <<31 AD>>—<<Tuesday, March 27, 31 AD>>?!
No one!

NOT GOD!

Nor astrometrics, sir. But it is YOU,‘Samie’ who BEFORE decided it has to be the year <<31 AD>> and <<Tuesday, March 27, 31 AD>>.

NONSENSE! It is YOU as were you GOD, declaring, <<<Christ was crucified Wednesday, March 28.>>>

LIKE it is YOU writing garbage further, <<<3 days and 3 nights later, He resurrected early Saturday morning, March 31.>>>

You have NO SHAME OR PRIDE, Samie. You’re a hopeless case if ever there was.
Reg

Rhodes, Australia

#3811 Sep 30, 2014
Hello Gerhard Re your Post-----it is Zondervan’s Parallel New Testament in Greek and English that translates “a Sabbath was coming on”
Do you want me to answer as you answer me, you would have no problem getting a job as a clown in the circus but as a representative of Jesus Christ that I read about His life you would never make it Christ said let others see Him in you,
You and Alex also Rubie cannot put the passover week together
LK 23:52 This man went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
LK 23:53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
LK 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
LK 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.---is the burial of Jesus V54 is THE PASSOVER SABBATH John 19:14 the women spoken of here were with Joseph helping in the burial the sun had already set when Joseph went to Pilot Mat 27:57, Mark 15:42
LK 23:50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counsellor; and he was a good man, and a just:
LK 23:51 (The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;) he was of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.
LK 23:53 And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid.
Mark 15:45-47
Now you three have a large problem Sabbath had begun

LK 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.---Jesus already in the grave so to you this is Sabbath
Did they have Gentile shops then that were open for business on Sabbath
MK 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.---has your answer compare with--- LK 23:56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.---Mark 16:1 when the sabbath was passed they bought the spices now that has to be Friday because… LK 23:56 that after they had prepared them they rested another Sabbath the 7th day V56 Friday was the day in between two sabbaths when they bought and prepared the ointments
Also Mary Magdalene was with them if it had been after the 7th day Sabbath you can write of John 20:1-17 from just before sunset Sabbath Mt 28:1 when she found the tomb empty and meeting Jesus probable an hour after sunset because Mark 16:1 she was with the women who you claim prepared them before Sabbath Friday when it was after the passover Sabbath on Friday the ointments were bought and prepared then they rested the 7th day sabbath Luke 23:56
Gerard and whoever else it may concern if you reject Christ Law the 10C because it was Him at creation and Sinai you have written your name out of the book of life
Call me a liar and I will post thus says the Lord on every one of your posts to prove you don’t believe the word of God the way you treat others is more than enough to do that how they see you there is a Hymn do others see Jesus in me how they see Jesus in you
Why don’t you put in a post asking others it could give you eternal life
Now show me were Luke 23:54 in my Zondervan’s Greek is not right it was Thursday a Sabbath not the 7th the 7th day Sabbath
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3812 Sep 30, 2014
Reg wrote:
Hello Gerhard Re your Post-----it is Zondervan’s Parallel New Testament in Greek and English that translates “a Sabbath was coming on”
Do you want me to answer as you answer me, you would have no problem getting a job as a clown in the circus but as a representative of Jesus Christ that I read about His life you would never make it Christ said let others see Him in you,.
…and I am supposed to see Christ in Reg IN THIS GARBAGE?!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3813 Sep 30, 2014
To me it appears without a doubt all Saturdayists Friday or Wednesday crossites no difference are retards and like pigs as happy hallowing in their own mental dung.

THEY ARE SEALED with unbreakable SEAL OF DOOM and ignorance forevermore!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3814 Sep 30, 2014
Improvement ...

... as happy as pigs __wallowing__ in their own mental dung.

... again, no difference!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3815 Sep 30, 2014
Reg wrote:
LK 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.---is the burial of Jesus V54 is THE PASSOVER SABBATH John 19:14 the women spoken of here were with Joseph helping in the burial the sun had already set when Joseph went to Pilot Mat 27:57, Mark 15:42
AGAIN …and I am supposed to see Christ in Reg IN THIS GARBAGE OF LIES?!

<V54 is THE PASSOVER SABBATH> as defined and identified and stipulated and PROVEN “mid-afternoon ending towards the Sabbath” WHICH BEGAN as defined and identified and stipulated and PROVEN in John 19:31 and parallels Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57—NOT in <<John 19:14>> at least 30 hours before the previous morning “6 o’clock a.m. the Preparation-OF-THE-PASSOVER”!!

O YOU DESPICABLE IDIOTIC liar, Reg!

Now you imbecile, QUOTE DIRECTLY <<<John 19:14 the women spoken of here were with Joseph helping in the burial the sun had already set when Joseph went to Pilot>>>!

I tell in the Name of the Christ I am supposed to see in you, you most pathetic of hypocrites, to QUOTE it!!!!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3816 Sep 30, 2014
Reg wrote:
LK 23:55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.---Jesus already in the grave so to you this is Sabbath
Did they have Gentile shops then that were open for business on Sabbath
Why would they need shops? To “prepare spices” they already HAD? You crazy man!
<<This>> is not to me, <<Sabbath>>. That’s YOU lying about me.
<<This>> according to all four Gospels, particularly John 19:31,“was great day of sabbath THAT DAY” of the passover—“WHICH IS THE FORE-SABBATH … The Preparation” the Sixth Day of the week.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

Moscow, Russia

#3817 Sep 30, 2014
Reg wrote:
Now show me were Luke 23:54 in my Zondervan’s Greek is not right it was Thursday a Sabbath not the 7th the 7th day Sabbath
Now it is YOU, Reg, who makes of <Zondervan’s> a lying witness because it’s YOU saying Zondervan’s says <<<it was Thursday>>>!!
Reg is the LYING FALSE witness!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Consequences of Atheism (Jan '15) 1 hr blacklagoon3 1,476
WHAT is DIFFERENCE between HEAVENLY and EARTHLY... (Apr '17) 3 hr Umfundize 5
Col 2:14 "nailing it to the Cross" 5 hr teacher 161
NOT a good FORUM...DYING... 5 hr teacher 19
What makes the SDA church different from .... (Dec '09) 6 hr Stephen1989 922
So is Paul a Disciple or a Prophet? 6 hr Lay Worker 495
Happy Thanksgiving! 6 hr Stephen1989 14