Sabbatismov or Katapausiv how are the...

Sabbatismov or Katapausiv how are they used in the verse.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
chris

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2012
Hebrew 4:9

Verse 9

There, remaineth therefore a "REST" to the people of God."

1. It was not the rest of the Sabbath;

2.The rest in the promised land, for the psalmist wrote long after the says of Joshua; Therefore there is another rest, a "stae of blessedness, for the people of God, and this is the Gospel, the blessing it procures and communicates, and the eternal glory which it prepares for and has promised to the genuine believers.

There are two words in this chapter which we indifferently translate """REST" """

1 Katapausiv and sabbatismov?

A. Katapausiv signifies a cessation from labour, so that
the weary body is rested and refreshed.

B. Sabbatismov a rest of a sacred kind, of which both soul
and body partake.

Sabbatismov refers to the rest in Christ which is used in Heb.4
We rest in Christ which is sacred not referring to labour, work
job.

Therefore we as belivers have a Sabbatismov in Christ forever which
is sacred. He the Lord Jesus Christ is the Rest not a 24 hr period
of time
Diane

Encinitas, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Chris, it is wonderful to have the Sabbatismov rest forever. Jesus is the rest. Thanks for the study. Sure wished I had this study while in the sda church. They didn't teach it. I found out when I left the church.
chris

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Not to many people understand the difference between the two words. One meaning work and the
other meaning sacred.

In Hebrews 4 it is Sabbatismov which is sacred.
Meaning Christ..

See look at the verse.

It is talking about God resting from his Own work not not our work.
God already finished HIs Own work at creation.

God says they will never enter my rest because of
unbelief and disobedience.... Then it says God says
today...What is the word???''''''TODAY"" "" If you hear GOd's voice do not harden your heart....
Enter into God Rest through his Son JEsus who is
sacred. Today use your faith to enter into God's rest. Jesus said I am the rest.
We enter into Gods Rest through Jesus. How do you enter into this sacred rest forthe people of God.
We enter into the rest by Faith in what Jesus did
at the cross. Through the sacred blood.
This is Sabbatismov......Not Katapausiv which is
cessation of work that the body does your Job.
Hebrews 4 is speaking of the rest that Jesus offers
that we enter into through faith...A rest for the Soul and faith which is spiritual.Also faith in his
promises.
yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#4 Sep 18, 2012
chris wrote:
Hebrew 4:9
Verse 9
There, remaineth therefore a "REST" to the people of God."
1. It was not the rest of the Sabbath;
2.The rest in the promised land, for the psalmist wrote long after the says of Joshua; Therefore there is another rest, a "stae of blessedness, for the people of God, and this is the Gospel, the blessing it procures and communicates, and the eternal glory which it prepares for and has promised to the genuine believers.
There are two words in this chapter which we indifferently translate """REST" """
1 Katapausiv and sabbatismov?
A. Katapausiv signifies a cessation from labour, so that
the weary body is rested and refreshed.
B. Sabbatismov a rest of a sacred kind, of which both soul
and body partake.
Sabbatismov refers to the rest in Christ which is used in Heb.4
We rest in Christ which is sacred not referring to labour, work
job.
Therefore we as belivers have a Sabbatismov in Christ forever which
is sacred. He the Lord Jesus Christ is the Rest not a 24 hr period
of time
Paul was a sabbath pusher..se ACTS 13:42 & 44
chris

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 18, 2012
Jesus Christ is the rest for the people of God.
It is not about a day it is about Jesus.
Jesus is the Sabbatismus for the people of God
We enter into this rest when we accepted what Jesus did at the cross. We enter into the Rest
of God through Jesus by faith in the blood of Christ. This is a sacred rest intered into by faith in Christ. This is why Jesus is the Sabbath rest not a 24 hr. period od time. The rest in Christ is continual second by second.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Diane wrote:
Chris, it is wonderful to have the Sabbatismov rest forever. Jesus is the rest. Thanks for the study. Sure wished I had this study while in the sda church. They didn't teach it. I found out when I left the church.
GE:

Here at last Shadrach admits he's an ex SDA.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#7 Sep 19, 2012
To start with, I see no such word in Hebrews 4 as "Sabbatismov" or "katapausiv".

Get your transliteration right FOR THE LAYMAN like myself!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#8 Sep 19, 2012
chris wrote:
Jesus Christ is the rest for the people of God.
It is not about a day it is about Jesus.
Jesus is the Sabbatismus for the people of God
………………..
GE:

That is you,‘Chris’, contradiction you,‘Chris’.

“Jesus Christ is the rest for the people of God”, you say.

But “Katapausiv” according to _you_,“signifies”,“a cessation from labour, so that the weary body is rested and refreshed.”

Is Jesus for you nothing than weary bodily ‘rest’?

Because it is written “about Jesus” with the word ‘katapausis’, that _He_, is
the “Rest-of-God”,‘katapausis tou Theou’;

that _He_ is …
“MY – God’s – rest” Acts 7:49 Hebrews 3:11; 4:3b,5— 4 times;

that _He_ is …
“HIS – God’s – rest” Hebrews 3:18; 4:1,3a,10— 4 times;

that _He_ is …
“THAT rest” Hebrews 4:11,

“THAT rest” which is “my rest”,“his rest”—“GOD’S REST”;

God’s NON-‘bodily’ and OPPOSITE of “cessation from labour”,“Rest”;

God’s DIVINE “Rest”— even JESUS CHRIST in bodily Person, Resurrected-from-the-dead!

Chris having said,
“Jesus Christ is the rest for the people of God.
It is not about a day it is about Jesus.
Jesus is the Sabbatismus for the people of God”,

I said, is Chris contradicting Chris, because it was _Chris_ who drew distinction between opposites but cleverly like a card-playing magician under the ‘indifferent’ gaze of bedazzled admirers switched the words ‘katapausin’ and ‘sabbatismos’ about.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#9 Sep 19, 2012
chris wrote:
………………
Jesus is the Sabbatismus for the people of God
We enter into this rest when we accepted what Jesus did at the cross. We enter into the Rest of God through Jesus by faith in the blood of Christ. This is a sacred rest intered into by faith in Christ. This is why Jesus is the Sabbath rest not a 24 hr. period od time. The rest in Christ is continual second by second.
GE:

Re: Chris,
“Jesus is the Sabbatismus for the people of God”

It is not the Text, simply.

The text is,“BECAUSE Jesus had given them (the People of God) Rest … THEREFORE a keeping-of-the-Sabbath-day remains for the People of God.”

“Jesus”– according to the Text – is the REASON and CAUSE WHY,‘ara’,“FOR the People of God a keeping-of-the-Sabbath-Day remains”.

“Jesus”, and “a keeping-of-the-Sabbath-Day”, are DISTINGUISHED; not identified.

“Jesus” is the cause and reason for two things,
One, with regard to God; and
Two, with regard to the People of God.

With regard to God,
“God after these things …”– the Rest that Jesus had given –“… would not again speak of another day” of REST or SALVATION;

With regard to The People of God,
“a keeping of the Sabbath Day remains obligatory for” them.

After all, WHY?

“BECAUSE JESUS HAD GIVEN THEM REST.”

Therefore, Jesus is NOT the Sabbatismos for the People of God; He is the REASON for and of the Sabbatismos for the People of God.
And therefore is “JESUS”,“The Rest-of-God” for the People of God to “enter into”,‘eis tehn katapausin’, by faith through grace.

Finally, WHY would the People of God “labour to enter into THAT REST”-of-God which is Christ?

“WHY THEN”–‘oun’– verse 11,“BECAUSE”–‘gar’– verse 10 –“_HE_ having entered into his own rest as God in his own from his own works rested.”

… which is precisely the sum-total and conclusive finishing “of all the works of God” found in the creation story and referred to here in Hebrews 4 verse 10 as well as in verse 4, to WHY “God on the Seventh Day from all his works rested”.

God never finished; God never blessed, God never sanctified, and God never “on the day The Seventh Day, RESTED”, but in and through Jesus Christ and in and by and through Jesus Christ IN AND BY AND THROUGH RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD,“on the Sabbath Day”.---“on the Sabbath Day”: as in the New Testament, as in the Old Testament.
yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Actions speak LOUDER than words......
Paul promoted sabbath worship for gentiles..
ACTS 13:42 & 44

Don't U think that Paul would know by then to abrogate/phase it out since supposedly the sabbath was just a shadow and that Jesus was the real rest ???

All U rebels need to factor in Rom 8:7 with your theology that U pick up from clergy
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#11 Sep 19, 2012
yoyo wrote:
Actions speak LOUDER than words......
Paul promoted sabbath worship for gentiles..
ACTS 13:42 & 44
Don't U think that Paul would know by then to abrogate/phase it out since supposedly the sabbath was just a shadow and that Jesus was the real rest ???
All U rebels need to factor in Rom 8:7 with your theology that U pick up from clergy
No Paul preached in the synagouge on the sabbath because thats where the people gathered. The Greeks came to listen.In Acts15:5 the Pharasees rose up against him who believed it necessesary to to circumcise and keep the law of Moses. So Paul being unwelcome in the synagouge began preaching in the school of Tyrannus. Acts 19
yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#12 Sep 19, 2012
jonebgood wrote:
<quoted text> No Paul preached in the synagouge on the sabbath because thats where the people gathered. The Greeks came to listen.In Acts15:5 the Pharasees rose up against him who believed it necessesary to to circumcise and keep the law of Moses. So Paul being unwelcome in the synagouge began preaching in the school of Tyrannus. Acts 19
Totally ignored the issue in ACTS 13:42 & 44
Gentiles asked for a follow up meeting the next sabbath and Paul did not dissuade them

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#13 Sep 19, 2012
Hebrews 4:1-2
1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

bibleuniverse

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#14 Sep 19, 2012
Hebrews 4:3-4
For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

bibleuniverse

“Jesus is coming again!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#15 Sep 19, 2012
Genesis 2:1-3
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

bibleuniverse
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#16 Sep 19, 2012
yoyo wrote:
Actions speak LOUDER than words......
Paul promoted sabbath worship for gentiles..
ACTS 13:42 & 44
Don't U think that Paul would know by then to abrogate/phase it out since supposedly the sabbath was just a shadow and that Jesus was the real rest ???
All U rebels need to factor in Rom 8:7 with your theology that U pick up from clergy
GE:

You do not yourself have a clue of what you are saying.
But I know what you're talking; and it is not 'according to the Scriptures'.

Let me tell you first, that I have learned everything I have learned different from 'normal' Reformed Protestant Christian Faith, exactly AGAINST what any 'clergy' have ever told or taught me.

I am the slave of NO ONE'S thoughts or lack of thoughts.

we shall talk later, DV ...
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#17 Sep 19, 2012
chris wrote:
Hebrew 4:9
Verse 9
There, remaineth therefore a "REST" to the people of God."
1. It was not the rest of the Sabbath;
2.The rest in the promised land, for the psalmist wrote long after the says of Joshua; Therefore there is another rest, a "stae of blessedness, for the people of God, and this is the Gospel, the blessing it procures and communicates, and the eternal glory which it prepares for and has promised to the genuine believers.
There are two words in this chapter which we indifferently translate """REST" """
1 Katapausiv and sabbatismov?
A. Katapausiv signifies a cessation from labour, so that
the weary body is rested and refreshed.
B. Sabbatismov a rest of a sacred kind, of which both soul
and body partake.
Sabbatismov refers to the rest in Christ which is used in Heb.4
We rest in Christ which is sacred not referring to labour, work
job.
Therefore we as belivers have a Sabbatismov in Christ forever which
is sacred. He the Lord Jesus Christ is the Rest not a 24 hr period
of time
Well I'll be, another person knows the TRUTH of Heb 4:9

Well presented Chris !!

As the Passover Lamb pointed to Jesus
The 7th day points to Jesus

He is our rest that we ENTER Heb 4:1

In Him and by Him, we enter into His Rest which was spoken of in Gen when God blessed the 7th day and declared it Holy

This is speaking of Him who is Holy
christine

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Sep 19, 2012
We as belivers enter into Christ when we accepted what Christ did on the cross. At that time we entered into the Rest for the people of God.
The day God set aside for the rest in Christ is
called """"" TODAY"""" " Today if you hear His voice
do not harden your hearts.

Johne 5 verse 24...Goes with Heb 4

I say unto you He that hearth my word, and bleieveth on HIm that sent me, Hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation: but is passed from death unto life.

Notice it says, "But Is" see that... But is meaning
at that moment you receive Christ as LOrd you have been passed (((((PAST TENSE))))) from death unto life. A done deal you were PASSED RIGHT THEN AND THERE....HOW did you pass???BY HEARING THE WORD
AND BELIEVING THAT GOD SENT JESUS INTO THE WORLD JUST FOR YOU...Because of that you will not see condemnation...This is the rest for the Believer.
YOur Faith in that You believed in the words of Jesus..
All of his words..Everything Jesus Taught while
He was with us. Those are the words of Christ.
God is referring to again the word """TODAY" ""
if you hear the word when? TODAY meaning accept today and be a believer in Christ accept the Rest
in Christ that was given to you at the Cross...The sacred Rest of Jesus Christ.The Sabbatismus The REst in GOd through his Son Jesus.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#19 Sep 19, 2012
Shadrach wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'll be, another person knows the TRUTH of Heb 4:9
Well presented Chris !!
As the Passover Lamb pointed to Jesus
The 7th day points to Jesus
He is our rest that we ENTER Heb 4:1
In Him and by Him, we enter into His Rest which was spoken of in Gen when God blessed the 7th day and declared it Holy
This is speaking of Him who is Holy
GE:

Shadrach speaks the truth!

The devil also spoke the truth when he asked Eve if the LORD had told them not to eat of the tree.

But the devil did not speak the whole truth, A;

And the devil did not speak the whole truth, B.

Therefore the devil is a liar and a murderer from the beginning, C.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Shadrach speaks the truth!
The devil also spoke the truth when he asked Eve if the LORD had told them not to eat of the tree.
But the devil did not speak the whole truth, A;

And the devil _added to_ the truth, B;

Therefore the devil is a liar and a murderer from the beginning, C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabbath Views From a New Adventist 32 min Saved By Grace 923
Absent From the Body (2) 1 hr Eyeswideopen 15
What SDA's say about Non-Adventists 1 hr Eyeswideopen 96
If God is not a Trinity, and Jesus Had A Beginn... (Mar '09) 8 hr Lay Worker 9,699
The Lame and Obnoxious Invectives of Law Worker 8 hr Lay Worker 4
The Sabbath: a thought experiment has got me th... 11 hr GodHates XmasAndY... 26
I’m Tired of the Hypocrisy of Self-righteous Se... (Jun '14) 12 hr Yeshua-CloneOfGod... 86
More from around the web