Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#161 Mar 1, 2013
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>Not even close. The weekly cycle begins on Sunday and ends with the Sabbath.
Yes it does, but how do we know that creation began on Sunday? We don't!

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#162 Mar 1, 2013
Can't count to seven? Too difficult?

St. Paul

#163 Mar 1, 2013
If the Sabbath wasn't the Sabbath when Jesus was here He would have corrected them.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#164 Mar 2, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does, but how do we know that creation began on Sunday? We don't!
We - Christians - do in fact FOR SURE KNOW, that creation did NOT begin on "Sunday". The sun then was not known yet, for one; and for next, we DO KNOW for sure God began creating the First Day.

Now what no one has ever known since, is that any one of God's six days of creating got lost.

Unless you knew, Grammy Joanne. Did the 'Spirit' tell you? With whom else did he share such confidential information?

O yes, of course with Earwax!

So you are two witnesses already against the only one God. Therefore you should be believed, and not God.

Very Christian!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#165 Mar 2, 2013
djconklin wrote:
If the Sabbath wasn't the Sabbath when Jesus was here He would have corrected them.
Indeed that is good common sense.

St. Paul

#166 Mar 2, 2013
Those who wish to deny the Sabbath, don't have common sense.

Pacific Northwest USA

#167 Mar 2, 2013
djconklin wrote:
If the Sabbath were still a requirement, Jesus would have said so during his earthly ministry. Identical logic!
BoWing

Oshawa, Canada

#168 Mar 2, 2013
GJ, Jessica and all visiting Evangelicals,

You believe the entire Holy Bible and yet many are biblically illiterate.

Have you not read in Exodus 16 how long GOD had spent with the children of Israel to teach them the weekly seven day cycle, that originated from creation?

Exodus 16
25 Then Moses said,“Eat that (manna) today, for today is a Sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it (manna) in the field. 26 Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will be none.”
35 And the children of Israel ate manna forty years, until they came to an inhabited land; they ate manna until they came to the border of the land of Canaan.

Before "Pavlov's theory classical conditioning", the LORD condition the children of Israel 40 years, so they would never forget when the 1st, 2nd, 3rd,...7th day cycle started and ended.

Over 2500 years later did the Israelites/Jews, including Jesus and His disciples forget which day was the the LORD's Sabbath/Day?

Luke 4:16
So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read.

Luke 23:56
Then they returned and prepared spices and fragrant oils. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.

Acts 13:42
So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Even so today have modern Jews, Sabbitarians, and SDAs forgotten which day is the seventh day?

No we have not.

Also, there is fallacy with many of the notions here on this forum. Regarding commandment keeping and love.

It is similar to this analogy between father and child.

"Dad I love you, but I don't have to obey you, because you know dad, it's not what you say that counts, but how I feel about you. Dad I love you"

The fallacy is that commandments and love cannot co-exist, they are mutually exclusive. This is wrong, because what did Jesus teach?

John 14:15
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#169 Mar 2, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>If the Sabbath were still a requirement, Jesus would have said so during his earthly ministry. Identical logic!
He DID 'say so' WITH and THROUGH his WHOLE 'earthly ministry'.

But no one is so blind as he / SHE who refuses to see and to DISCARD God' WORD Jesus Christ in LIFE and ACT his WHOLE 'earthly ministry' through.

GJ I am getting cross with you and your damnable falsehoods. From satan they are, and so you seem too.

Pacific Northwest USA

#170 Mar 2, 2013
Gerhard Ebersoehn wrote:
<quoted text>
We - Christians - do in fact FOR SURE KNOW, that creation did NOT begin on "Sunday". The sun then was not known yet, for one; and for next, we DO KNOW for sure God began creating the First Day.
Now what no one has ever known since, is that any one of God's six days of creating got lost.
Unless you knew, Grammy Joanne. Did the 'Spirit' tell you? With whom else did he share such confidential information?
O yes, of course with Earwax!
So you are two witnesses already against the only one God. Therefore you should be believed, and not God.
Very Christian!
If I begin a new job on a Wednesday (which would be my "first day"), I will have worked there seven days at day's end on the following Tuesday. A "first day" doesn't necessarily mean that day to be a Sunday.

Pacific Northwest USA

#171 Mar 2, 2013
Gerhard Ebersoehn wrote:
<quoted text>
He DID 'say so' WITH and THROUGH his WHOLE 'earthly ministry'.
But no one is so blind as he / SHE who refuses to see and to DISCARD God' WORD Jesus Christ in LIFE and ACT his WHOLE 'earthly ministry' through.
GJ I am getting cross with you and your damnable falsehoods. From satan they are, and so you seem too.
Incorrect! He NEVER did say that.
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#172 Mar 2, 2013
God in Israel’s time,“SPOKE, THUS, CONCERNING the Seventh Day”— first, through DEEDS-OF-REDEMPTION. Then only afterwards gave God the Law.

At the creation God through and with his whole act of REDEMPTIVE CREATION, culminated his SPEAKING THROUGH DEEDS—deeds of the same “identical logic!” than the Written Law—the logic that also is in God’s speaking through human language the words of Divine Commandment.

God at the creation already,“THUS” THROUGH JESUS CHRIST who is “The-Word-of-God”,“CONCERNING THE SEVENTH DAY”—The Sabbath of the Lord God—“SPOKE”.

IN THAT God without the Law THROUGH JESUS CHRIST “thus concerning the Seventh Day spoke”,“SPOKE God”, his “REST from all his works”, and was his SPEAKING “thus concerning the Seventh Day” God’s WORDLESS COMMANDMENT of the Sabbath.

The same “identical logic” in God’s deeds of love “made the Sabbath!”—“the Sabbath of the LORD GOD” that “remains valid for the People of God SINCE JESUS HAD GIVEN THEM REST”!

St. Paul

#173 Mar 2, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>If the Sabbath were still a requirement, Jesus would have said so during his earthly ministry. Identical logic!
Not identical. If the Sabbath was to be set aside He would have said so. That is identical to your line.

St. Paul

#174 Mar 2, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>If I begin a new job on a Wednesday (which would be my "first day"), I will have worked there seven days at day's end on the following Tuesday. A "first day" doesn't necessarily mean that day to be a Sunday.
Irrelevant. The first day of life on this earth was what we call Sunday. The seventh day is the Sabbath.
Klink

Kazakhstan

#175 Mar 2, 2013

Jesus did tell his people to keep the commandments, one that is the Sabbath.

Then Paul (believed to author Hebrews) said this also..

Hebrews 4:4-8 "For he spoke in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest ... For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remains therefore a rest to the people of God."

Pacific Northwest USA

#176 Mar 2, 2013
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant. The first day of life on this earth was what we call Sunday. The seventh day is the Sabbath.
Note the lack of proof!
Jessica

Pelham, AL

#179 Mar 2, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>If I begin a new job on a Wednesday (which would be my "first day"), I will have worked there seven days at day's end on the following Tuesday. A "first day" doesn't necessarily mean that day to be a Sunday.
I agree with everything you're saying. You understand me. You know what's real and what matters. Let everyone else believe what they want to. Unless I see Saturday Sabbath in the bible, what they "try" to tell me is foolishness. Stay strong! Love ya!

Pacific Northwest USA

#180 Mar 3, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you're saying. You understand me. You know what's real and what matters. Let everyone else believe what they want to. Unless I see Saturday Sabbath in the bible, what they "try" to tell me is foolishness. Stay strong! Love ya!
Right back atcha, Sis!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#181 Mar 3, 2013
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant. The first day of life on this earth was what we call Sunday. The seventh day is the Sabbath.
djconklin, hou tog op nonsens praat, in Vadersnaam!
Gerhard Ebersoehn

South Africa

#182 Mar 3, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
What do _you_'see' in the Bible, Sis?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The False Doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved'. (May '14) 25 min Saved By Grace 1,306
Who kept the Sabbath prior to Exodus? (Nov '13) 35 min Saved By Grace 2,518
DID SATAN and friends LIVE ON EARTH before ADAM? 1 hr Wilson 2 9
ALF fellowship Sabbath diner (Dec '09) 3 hr DANNO 24
Lets talk Covenants (Sep '09) 3 hr DANNO 5
For DJ Conklin (Jun '09) 4 hr DANNO 6
The State Required Acceptance of the Trinity Do... 5 hr Lay Worker 45
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! (May '14) 5 hr Lay Worker 2,258

Seventh-day Adventist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE