sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#4062 Apr 2, 2013
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to fall at the feet of Jesus and beg Him to forgive you for heeding the words of false teachers and false prophets who have lied to you and led you by the hand into taking your eyes off Him.
CB
Did you just judge me in a lost state here?
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#4063 Apr 2, 2013
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again......doesn't it bother you that you cannot find one single verse that says what you are teaching? Not one that says the Holy Spirit jumps in and out of a believer when they stumble?
CB
I never said I was teaching anything CB...I asked you to consider three simple questions and you took off somewhere else.
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#4064 Apr 2, 2013
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jumping to change the subject rather then answering the question.
Jesus chose Judas to be one of the twelve apostles. Jesus ordained Judas to preach; through the power of the Spirit Judas cast out demons, healed the lame, gave sight to the blind, and preached the name of Jesus...yet Judas betrayed Jesus and the devil entered him. Tell me that the Spirit and the devil were both in Judas at the same time?
King Saul was chosen by God to lead his people. God gave King Saul a new heart, made him a new man, yet the Spirit of God left Saul and he went off to seek help from from a witch...the same help the Spirit had been giving him.
Eve created directly by the hand of Jesus, you looked upon Jesus, who talked with Jesus...went off and visited the serpent alone.
Yep - you changed the subject and did not answer any of my questions. CB knows why.

Nope bible does not say Judas did any of those things. Like Ellen you run ahead.

Where does it say that Judas ever had the Holy Spirit in him?

I see where Jesus and Paul said Judas belonged to the devil.

You'll need to show the reference point on King Saul. I cannot remember if God removed His annointing from Saul before or after the visit to the witch.

Eve, ONE MORE TIME ELLEN, was with Adam when she took and ate from the tree of good and evil.

Was Adam with Eve when she was tempted in the garden?

EGW: NO "The angels had cautioned Eve to beware of separating herself from her husband while occupied in their daily labor in the garden; with him she would be in less temptation than if she were alone. But absorbed in her pleasing task, she unconsciously wandered from his side. On perceiving that she was alone, she felt an apprehension of danger.... She soon found herself gazing with mingled curiosity and admiration upon the forbidden tree" (Patriarchs and Prophets, pp. 53, 54).

BIBLE: YES Gen 3:6 (NIV) 6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

CB
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#4065 Apr 2, 2013
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just judge me in a lost state here?
Are these NOT my words from the same post?

Tell us then brother sitka, does this verse here --->1 peter 3:15 apply to you or not????

Does a Christian call another man "brother" if he believes him to be lost?

NOW.....kindly go back and answer ANY of my questions as you are doing a wonderful job of ducking and diving to avoid them.

CB
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#4066 Apr 2, 2013
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I was teaching anything CB...I asked you to consider three simple questions and you took off somewhere else.
There are 71 people reading this forum presently. If you state something in a "matter of fact" manner then you need to be able to back that when it is questioned.

Otherwise you ARE teaching error. We are called to teach the truth in love.

And.....I addressed your 3 questions in just a post or two later.

CB
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#4067 Apr 2, 2013
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep - you changed the subject and did not answer any of my questions. CB knows why.
Nope bible does not say Judas did any of those things. Like Ellen you run ahead.
Where does it say that Judas ever had the Holy Spirit in him?
I see where Jesus and Paul said Judas belonged to the devil.
You'll need to show the reference point on King Saul. I cannot remember if God removed His annointing from Saul before or after the visit to the witch.
Eve, ONE MORE TIME ELLEN, was with Adam when she took and ate from the tree of good and evil.
Was Adam with Eve when she was tempted in the garden?
EGW: NO "The angels had cautioned Eve to beware of separating herself from her husband while occupied in their daily labor in the garden; with him she would be in less temptation than if she were alone. But absorbed in her pleasing task, she unconsciously wandered from his side. On perceiving that she was alone, she felt an apprehension of danger.... She soon found herself gazing with mingled curiosity and admiration upon the forbidden tree" (Patriarchs and Prophets, pp. 53, 54).
BIBLE: YES Gen 3:6 (NIV) 6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
CB
The cock of the walk boss has spoken!

What is this with the Ellen White stuff? I've never used or quoted her writings, but you do?

You don't know that Jesus sent his disciples out and gave them power to heal people, cast out demons, etc? What do you think they did that with CB...their good looks?

You don't know if Saul had the spirit?
Saul:
1 Samuel 11:6
And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

Judas:
Matthew 10:1
And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these....

Mark 3: 15,16
And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#4068 Apr 2, 2013
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
There are 71 people reading this forum presently. If you state something in a "matter of fact" manner then you need to be able to back that when it is questioned.
CB
Tell me about the parable of the ten virgins CB.....as I understand it the oil represents the holy spirit. Now tell me CB...did all the virgins have oil? Were are the virgins saved?

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#4069 Apr 13, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
Many grieve the Lord by declaring His commandments are not.
Those who belong to Him, acknowldege these as His commands and follow.
REPENTANCE
1. "Repent" Matt. 4:17: Rev. 2:5
2. "Come unto Me" Matt. 11:28
3. "Seek first God and His righteousness" Matt. 6:33
4. "Forgive if ye have ought against any" Mark 11:25
5. "Deny Yourself" Matt. 16:24
6. "Ask…seek…knock" Matt. 7:7
7. "Strive to enter in at the strait gate" Luke 13:24
BELIEF
1. "Believe the Gospel" Mark. 1:15
2. "Ye believe in God, believe also in Me" John 14:1
3. "Believe on Him who He (God) hath sent" John 6:28-29
4. "Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me"
John 14:11
5. "Believe the works…I do" John 10:37-38
6. "While ye have light believe in the light" John 12:36
7. "Believe that ye receive" Mark 11:24
THE NEW BIRTH
1. "Ye must be born again" John 3:7
2. "Cleanse first that which is within" Matt. 23:26
3. "Make the tree good, and his fruit good" Matt. 12:33
4. "Abide in Me and I in you" John 15:4
5. "Have salt in yourselves" Mark 9:50
6. "Labor…for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life"
John 6:27
7. "Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven" Luke 10:20
RECEIVING THE HOLY SPIRIT
1. "Receive ye the Holy Ghost" John 20:23
2. "Let the children first be filled" Mark 7:27
3. "If any man thirst, let him come unto Me and drink" John 7:37-39
4. "Keep my commandments and…the Father…shall give you another Comforter" John 14:15-17
5. "Ask…with importunity" John 16:24; Luke11:5-13
6. "Tarry…until ye be endued with power from on high" Luke 24:49
7. "When the Comforter is come…He shall testify of Me: and ye also shall bear witness" John 15:26-27
Appears to have bene plagiarized from http://www.all-creatures.org/living/jesus.htm... or http://loudcry.org/faith-of-jesus/
Red

United States

#4070 Apr 18, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
REPENTANCE
BELIEF
THE NEW BIRTH
4. "Keep my commandments and…the Father…shall give you another Comforter" John 14:15-17
7. "When the Comforter is come…He shall testify of Me: and ye also shall bear witness" John 15:26-27
I like your presentation.
SamBee

Winter Garden, FL

#4071 Apr 18, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
REPENTANCE
BELIEF
THE NEW BIRTH

All of the above comes from the Law of Yahuah I can show you all of the above in the Law.

Genesis 6:6

6 And it repented Yahuah that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Job 42:6

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

Deuteronomy 4:29

29 But if from thence thou shalt seek Yahuah thy Alahym, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

Genesis 50:17

17 So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the Alahym of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him.

Do you see the point? I could go through all you posted and link it back to the source which is The Most High and His Law.
Red

United States

#4072 Apr 18, 2013
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
CB
It all just looks like opinion, not much hard fact.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4073 Apr 18, 2013
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.(THEREFORE)

Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. Hebrews 13:8-9

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 4:2

The book of Hebrews argues that the Old Testament gospel and the New Testament gospel is the same because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to day and for ever. And because the gospel does not change are not to be driven about by new doctrines.

Did the two Old Testament great commandments suddenly become New no they have always existed.

Are we to accept teachings that reject the Sabbath of the Perfect law or spiritualize it?

The scripture warned us ahead of time not to listen to such people.

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Isaiah 8:20

Of all the things that Christ taught no where does He suggest that there is a change in the Law.

On the contrary He declares echoing Exodus 20:6 (love me, and keep my commandments.) in John 14:15 .... love me, keep my commandments.

Has the law changed? Matthew 5:18 says no “Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”

Has heaven and earth passed away No, is all fulfilled” no. For example the gospel has yet to go to “every nation kindred toung and people.” also “new heaven and new earth” and many other end time events.

One of the most damming warning against braking or changing God’s perfect law is:

The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Isaiah 24:5

Notice it is not just the land of Israel but the earth that is defiled.

Notice the results:

Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. Isaiah 24:6; Deuteronomy 11:26

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#4074 Apr 18, 2013
Jesus Christ, the same today, tomorrow and yesterday, will NEVER change and has NEVER changed. But He can (has the authority to) MAKE CHANGES (e.g. from the Old Covenant to the New).

Location hidden

#4075 Apr 18, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
Jesus Christ, the same today, tomorrow and yesterday, will NEVER change and has NEVER changed. But He can (has the authority to) MAKE CHANGES (e.g. from the Old Covenant to the New).
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Psalms 89:34

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

The Everlasting Covenant, Perfect Law of Liberty has not and will not be altered. God has promised.

Pacific Northwest USA

#4076 Apr 18, 2013
Doug SDA wrote:
<quoted text>
My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips. Psalms 89:34
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17
The Everlasting Covenant, Perfect Law of Liberty has not and will not be altered. God has promised.
Again, the typical interpretation from an SDA perspective, with which I am all too familiar.

Pacific Northwest USA

#4078 Apr 18, 2013
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams, what change did God make "from the old covenant to the new"? You speak like one who is unfamiliar with the Holy Scriptures and are just mouthing words spoken to you on a Sunday morning.
Wake up and smell the roses!
After spending the first 54 years of my life in Adventism, I finally woke up and smelled the roses, still enjoying their sweet fragrance to this day! Truths, as I now know them, were discovered long before the time when I first stepped foot inside church on a Sunday morning.

Location hidden

#4079 Apr 18, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Again, the typical interpretation from an SDA perspective, with which I am all too familiar.
What is it about you that you need to come to and Adventist site to attack Adventist?

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

You really need to consider you motives.

It seams that you had a bad experience growing up and need some how to vindicate your self by attacking Adventist.

Location hidden

#4080 Apr 18, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>After spending the first 54 years of my life in Adventism, I finally woke up and smelled the roses, still enjoying their sweet fragrance to this day! Truths, as I now know them, were discovered long before the time when I first stepped foot inside church on a Sunday morning.
I agree with RR you don't appear to understand the Covenant.

Study on you own the Everlasting Covenant.

And study what happened at Sinai.

Study what was the meaning of the law given twice at Sinai.

Study why the law was not given in the promised land.

In your 54 years there seems to many things that you have missed.

Pacific Northwest USA

#4082 Apr 19, 2013
Doug SDA wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about you that you need to come to and Adventist site to attack Adventist?
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
You really need to consider you motives.
It seams that you had a bad experience growing up and need some how to vindicate your self by attacking Adventist.
No attack intended, and my posts are not written in "attack mode." I believe Adventism to be false and am concerned for those still mired in untruth (I have many family and friends who remain in Adventism). Truth is the axe which I grind, not an intention to attack. The truth is hard to hear (and accept) about something you were taught from people you loved and trusted - I speak from personal experience on that one!

Pacific Northwest USA

#4083 Apr 19, 2013
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text>
Empty rhetoric.
"What change did God make "from the old covenant to the new"?
The ending of Old Covenant law(s) engraved on tablets of stone (with the attached requirements and penalties), now being under the Law of Jesus Christ (His law of Love) engraved on our hearts. So completely clear in 2 Cor. 3:7-16 (ESV)

(UPPER CASE EMPHASIS added by Grammy)

7 Now if the ministry of death, carved in letters on stone, came with such glory that the Israelites could not gaze at Moses' face because of its glory, WHICH WAS BEING BROUGHT TO AN END,

8 will not the ministry of the Spirit have even more glory?

9 For if there was glory in the MINISTRY OF CONDEMNATION, the MINISTRY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS must far exceed it in glory.

10 Indeed, in this case, what once had glory has come to have no glory at all, because of the glory that surpasses it.

11 For if what was BEING BROUGHT TO AN END came with glory, much more will what is PERMANENT have glory.

12 Since we have such a hope, we are very bold,

13 not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being BROUGHT TO AN END.

14 But their minds were hardened. For TO THIS DAY, when they read the old covenant, that same VEIL REMAINS UNLIFTED, because ONLY THROUGH CHRIST is it taken away.

15 Yes, TO THIS DAY whenever Moses is read A VEIL LIES OVER THEIR HEARTS.

16 But WHEN ONE TURNS TO THE LORD, the veil is removed.

Turn to the Lord, so that the veil can be removed from your heart!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today at SDA Sabbath Service 3/28 34 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 25
What does SALVATION mean????? 49 min yoyo 22
Dr Walter Veith .... I ask you .... 58 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 2
Lee Stuvman challenged ... to answer for his ho... 1 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 1
The burden of proof is on you! 1 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 302
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! (May '14) 1 hr birdman 3,160
Who is God? 3 hr Lars 301
EXAMPLE of one in a CULT 7 hr Eyeswideopen 683
More from around the web