DANNO

London, UK

#3684 Oct 4, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>When have I EVER said God's law is NOT written on my heart? I've repeatedly said He HAS written his law of love on my heart! ALso, ancient Israel and the spiritual "Israel" of the New Testament are not the same.
You said that about 4 months ago that HEB 8: 10 does NOT apply to you but to the JEWS. Remember?

Let me ask you again. Does HEB 8: 10 apply to you or to ISRAEL/JEWS??

Does ROM 2: 13 apply to you or to ISRAEL/JEWS?

Does ROM 7: 12 & 1st John 3: 4 & REV 14: 12 apply to you or not?

Dan

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#3685 Oct 4, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that about 4 months ago that HEB 8: 10 does NOT apply to you but to the JEWS. Remember?
Let me ask you again. Does HEB 8: 10 apply to you or to ISRAEL/JEWS??
Does ROM 2: 13 apply to you or to ISRAEL/JEWS?
Does ROM 7: 12 & 1st John 3: 4 & REV 14: 12 apply to you or not?
Dan
Where does that prove I've said God's law is NOT written on my heart???
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3686 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>No problem - I didn't change the subject, and I understand perfectly, but you seem to be confused. Did you ever see a healthy grapevine that had to stop and think every day, deciding whether or not to produce some grapes? For me the decision was finalized when I accepted Jesus and am now connected to Him. The fruit comes naturally.
Yes you did change the subject.

You are not a grape vine...Jesus used the vine and branch of the grape as a teaching tool. The branch and vine represents the daily relationship we must have. And yes we must choose to remain in this relationship daily, this is why Jesus said 'IF you abide in me' and 'IF you allow me to abide in you'...I will reveal My fruit through you.

'IF a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch...(vs 6)

'IF ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, YE SHALL ASK what ye will...(vs 7)

Everyday we chose to accept/let the righteousness of Christ abide in us. Jesus says IF you abide...IF you remain in me.

Same with the fruit bearing?...'YE SHALL ASK'...did he say IF you ask or did He say you don't have to ask? Jesus said 'YOU SHALL ASK'!!!!!

IF you abide!
IF you ask!
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3689 Oct 6, 2012
Dan,
When someone is seeking bread why do you give them stones?

Give the children the bread of life, and you will be declared good and faithful.

'If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone?' Luke 11:11

Pacific Northwest USA

#3691 Oct 6, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did change the subject.
You are not a grape vine...Jesus used the vine and branch of the grape as a teaching tool. The branch and vine represents the daily relationship we must have. And yes we must choose to remain in this relationship daily, this is why Jesus said 'IF you abide in me' and 'IF you allow me to abide in you'...I will reveal My fruit through you.
'IF a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch...(vs 6)
'IF ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, YE SHALL ASK what ye will...(vs 7)
Everyday we chose to accept/let the righteousness of Christ abide in us. Jesus says IF you abide...IF you remain in me.
Same with the fruit bearing?...'YE SHALL ASK'...did he say IF you ask or did He say you don't have to ask? Jesus said 'YOU SHALL ASK'!!!!!
IF you abide!
IF you ask!
Semantics! We are both referring to the same parts of the "plant" using different words. Jesus is the Main Plant, we are the branches growing out of and firmly attached to Him, the root. Please don't twist my words!

“Adonai / Ha Mashiach Yeshua ”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#3692 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics! We are both referring to the same parts of the "plant" using different words. Jesus is the Main Plant, we are the branches growing out of and firmly attached to Him, the root. Please don't twist my words!
Hi Joanne!
For the sake of your health you may want to stay away from this forum for awhile.Trust me.:):):)

Pacific Northwest USA

#3694 Oct 6, 2012
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Joanne!
For the sake of your health you may want to stay away from this forum for awhile.Trust me.:):):)
Hi, Lori! Thanks for caring - You're a sweetheart, but these YoYo's don't bother me. My feet are firmly planted (in Jesus) and my head is completely clear (about Him and The Gospel). I just keep speaking truth and hoping somehow it will take root with somone, knowing that it's the Holy Spirit's job to convict them of truth.

Pacific Northwest USA

#3695 Oct 6, 2012
DANNO wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammy
You are not the branch! You are a servant of Satan! Many here are now convinced of this!
You spk against the Holy 4th commandment just Like SATAN!! Your posts are all numbered and you will have to give account and why you continue to spk against the HOLY 4th command after being told many times NOT to do it! Will you PLZ stop attacking the Holy 4th command that was BLESSED and made HOLY by the GOD of MOSES!!
Answer this. Is the 4th commandment still Holy today? yes or no or not sure? Failure to answer/testify will be held agsainst you. MATT 10: 32-33
Are you the ISRAEL of GOD yes or no? GAL 6: 16
Dan
I'm sure you meant credit - I will receive CREDIT for speaking the truth. I don't speak against ANY commandment, I just repeatedly say that they have all been fulfilled (by Jesus, at the cross), just as he said (I came to fulfill...). And we are no longer under the law. Read Romans 7 77 times and you'll understand it. God's people were meant to be His bride, but no! They wanted to be the husband (to take His place, to be in charge of our destiny). Then Jesus died to pay sin's debt penalty (the wages of sin) and now we are His redeemed bride.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3696 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Semantics! We are both referring to the same parts of the "plant" using different words. Jesus is the Main Plant, we are the branches growing out of and firmly attached to Him, the root. Please don't twist my words!
It's a bit more than semantics. It involves the truth. We must chose to abide in Christ daily; and we must surrender self and invite Jesus to abide in us daily. If not we like the vinve are cast out.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Pacific Northwest USA

#3697 Oct 6, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a bit more than semantics. It involves the truth. We must chose to abide in Christ daily; and we must surrender self and invite Jesus to abide in us daily. If not we like the vinve are cast out.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
And I don't disagree with the truth in either of those passages, and nothing I said would indicate such. When Jesus said, "I am the vine..." He meant that He is the main (primary) root stem of the plant, and we are the branches which grow out of it (Him). Like I said, semantics! No more twisting of my words, please!
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3699 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>And I don't disagree with the truth in either of those passages, and nothing I said would indicate such. When Jesus said, "I am the vine..." He meant that He is the main (primary) root stem of the plant, and we are the branches which grow out of it (Him). Like I said, semantics! No more twisting of my words, please!
Sorry, but I never twisted anything. You guys teach that once one comes to Jesus they are saved regardless of what they do after that because they cannot be lost. I'm just pointing out that the gospel disagrees with you.

'For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.' 2 Corinthians 5:21

Pacific Northwest USA

#3700 Oct 6, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I never twisted anything. You guys teach that once one comes to Jesus they are saved regardless of what they do after that because they cannot be lost. I'm just pointing out that the gospel disagrees with you.
'For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.' 2 Corinthians 5:21
Still twisting! Yes, now that I am saved and belong to Him, I can do anything I want, but guess what - what I "want" now that I am saved is 180 degrees different from what I wanted before I accepted Jesus. You left out that part! Now, I want more than anything to live a life that honors and glorifies my Savior. And if I fall occasionally (and indeed I will), He died for that failure, too! He has it ALL covered - Hallelujah!
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3701 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Still twisting! Yes, now that I am saved and belong to Him, I can do anything I want, but guess what - what I "want" now that I am saved is 180 degrees different from what I wanted before I accepted Jesus. You left out that part! Now, I want more than anything to live a life that honors and glorifies my Savior. And if I fall occasionally (and indeed I will), He died for that failure, too! He has it ALL covered - Hallelujah!
No twisting involved. I got it exactly right, I said you teach that one will be saved no matter what they do because no amount of sinning once you come to Jesus will cause you to be lost. And since you agreed with that there is no twisting involved on my part.
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#3702 Oct 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Lori! Thanks for caring - You're a sweetheart, but these YoYo's don't bother me. My feet are firmly planted (in Jesus) and my head is completely clear (about Him and The Gospel). I just keep speaking truth and hoping somehow it will take root with somone, knowing that it's the Holy Spirit's job to convict them of truth.
You're doing great!

Keep up the good work Grammy!

Blessings, CB

Pacific Northwest USA

#3703 Oct 7, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
No twisting involved. I got it exactly right, I said you teach that one will be saved no matter what they do because no amount of sinning once you come to Jesus will cause you to be lost. And since you agreed with that there is no twisting involved on my part.
But you see, here again you told only 1/2 the story! Once a person is saved, they no longer desire to sin. Willful habitual sin is no longer an issue!(Be sure to notice and include that VERY IMPORTANT fact in your future posts, because without that you are misrepresenting what we TRULY believe.) But if they do sin (and they WILL), they feel extreme remorse and repent of it. Jesus died for ALL of our sins - past, present, and future! And for that, we praise Him!!!
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3704 Oct 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>But you see, here again you told only 1/2 the story! Once a person is saved, they no longer desire to sin. Willful habitual sin is no longer an issue!(Be sure to notice and include that VERY IMPORTANT fact in your future posts, because without that you are misrepresenting what we TRULY believe.) But if they do sin (and they WILL), they feel extreme remorse and repent of it. Jesus died for ALL of our sins - past, present, and future! And for that, we praise Him!!!
Am I only telling half the story, or are you only understanding half the story? This look at what happened back in the garden of Eden.

for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.' Genesis 2:17

'...the serpent said...you shall not surely die' Genesis 3:4

'And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I COMMANDED thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake' Gen 3:17

'til thou return unto the ground.' Gen 3:19

Adam had a sin problem, and then he had a commandment breaking problem. Jesus commanded Adam not to eat of the tree (remember not long ago PoC/Shadrack agreed that Jesus was the one speaking and appearing to people throughout the OT). Before Adam broke the commandment from Jesus, in the flesh, Adam sinned in his heart, in the spirit, because he hearkened (listened) to his wife.
This is why in 1 John 3:4 John says a sinner will also break the law. Adam sinned in his heart before he went out and broke the commandment by eating of the tree. Before Adam ate of the tree, he had a sin problem going on in his heart, because he listened to her wife, and had agreed with his wife, in his heart, before he ever ate of the tree.
You can tell yourself that doing away with the commandments (law) that will hurt you has solved your sin problem, but the sin problem is spiritually, what you do in your heart and mind; and that takes place inside you before you ever do anything for real, in the flesh. Sin takes place in the heart regardless of whether you ever do or carry out what you have been thinking about.
You can jump up and down and yell that our sin problem is over because Jesus did away with the commandments that can kill us, but that doesn't really solve your sin problem, because the sin problem isn't so much what you do but what you feel inside of you.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#3705 Oct 7, 2012
Adam paid for his commandment breaking problem with his life, he died. But his death didn't take care of the sin problem. Two things happened back there in the garden; Jesus put in place a punishment because Adam broke His commandment and ate of the tree, and the earth was cursed because of the sin that took place in Adam's heart. Adam died as a result of eating of the tree, his commandment breaking, but we are still suffering from his sin.

Jesus wants to come into our hearts, and change us on the inside, where the sin problem is. While your focus is on the outward commandment breaking problem, which Jesus has already dealt with because he died on the cross in your place to pay for the commandments you have broken, past, present, and future...you are not focused on the sin problem that is going on inside.

There is a spiritual man and a fleshly man. Jesus is in the world righ now wanting to work on the spiritual man.
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#3706 Oct 7, 2012
Jesus said do this in rembrance of me. Christians all over the world today celebrated communion. We had samples of bread from around the globe, from which we each picked one sample representing Christs body broken for all men. And of course the grape juice representing His blood shed for us.
jonebgood

Abbotsford, Canada

#3707 Oct 7, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I only telling half the story, or are you only understanding half the story? This look at what happened back in the garden of Eden.
'And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I COMMANDED thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake' Gen 3:17
Adam had a sin problem, and then he had a commandment breaking problem. Jesus commanded Adam not to eat of the tree (remember not long ago PoC/Shadrack agreed that Jesus was the one speaking and appearing to people throughout the OT). Before Adam broke the commandment from Jesus, in the flesh, Adam sinned in his heart, in the spirit, because he hearkened (listened) to his wife.
This is why in 1 John 3:4 John says a sinner will also break the law. Adam sinned in his heart before he went out and broke the commandment by eating of the tree. Before Adam ate of the tree, he had a sin problem going on in his heart, because he listened to her wife, and had agreed with his wife, in his heart, before he ever ate of the tree.
You can tell yourself that doing away with the commandments (law) that will hurt you has solved your sin problem, but the sin problem is spiritually, what you do in your heart and mind; and that takes place inside you before you ever do anything for real, in the flesh. Sin takes place in the heart regardless of whether you ever do or carry out what you have been thinking about.
You can jump up and down and yell that our sin problem is over because Jesus did away with the commandments that can kill us, but that doesn't really solve your sin problem, because the sin problem isn't so much what you do but what you feel inside of you.
You can read the heart of Adam? Guided no doubt by EGW. You are confusing scripture with something else. It is simply not Biblical you use conjecture.

Pacific Northwest USA

#3708 Oct 7, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never did away with the law, He fulfilled it. He is the end (the completion, fulfillment) of the law! And you just made my exact point - Now that I am saved, what I feel inside my heart is joy, the power and love of Jesus and gratitude to Him who overcame sin and died as my substitute. Sin has completely lost it's appeal. If you don't believe Jesus took care (died for, paid the sin debt) of the "sin problem," what DO you believe He did? That, my friend, IS the gospel, the Good News!!! Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed me white as snow! This makes me want to jump up and down and shout! I cannot praise Him enough - Hallelujah!!!

Oh, and PS - What you DO accurately reflects what's INSIDE you. It's that horse-and-cart thing again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Letter of James - SDA SS 3 min God the son 78
CAN Investigative Judgment be PROVEN (Jan '12) 53 min Modern Day Jeremiah 2,304
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! 1 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 1,134
...The number OF A MAN 1 hr God the son 501
Who kept the Sabbath prior to Exodus? (Nov '13) 2 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 1,781
Precious Blood 2 hr God the son 7
I AM THE ONLY PROPHET of GOD 2 hr God the son 9
The Blasphemy of Jesus 3 hr SamBee 872

Seventh-day Adventist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE