Why did the false prophetess blasphem...

Why did the false prophetess blaspheme the Holy Spirit?

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#1 Dec 7, 2010
"I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Holy Spirit, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them" [One very false SDA prophetess, Early Writings, page 74]

She essentially says that the source of all truth, the HOLY SPIRIT made the Millerites get things wrong!

Where is this chart, SDA's? You have scripture, dictated by the Spirit, so where is this chart that you claim He directed?

Will SDA's deceivedly participate in this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit as well?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Dec 7, 2010
Are you the liar or has someone deceived you by that faulty quotation of Early Writings, p. 74?

The actual reference states, "I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed." EW 74.

The Millerite chart has been reproduced here:
http://www.littlebookopen.org/charts/1843char...
birdman

Fort Dodge, IA

#3 Dec 7, 2010
What mistake was hidden?

When was His hand removed?
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#4 Dec 8, 2010
Shubee wrote:
Are you the liar or has someone deceived you by that faulty quotation of Early Writings, p. 74?
The actual reference states, "I have seen that the 1843 chart was directed by the hand of the Lord, and that it should not be altered; that the figures were as He wanted them; that His hand was over and hid a mistake in some of the figures, so that none could see it, until His hand was removed." EW 74.
The Millerite chart has been reproduced here:
http://www.littlebookopen.org/charts/1843char...
Thank you for playing!

Do you agree that the Holy Spirit is God?

Do you agree with this:

John 16:13
But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth.

Did the Holy Spirit really guide Miller and the Whites into timesetting? Yes or No?

And thank you for giving the chart web-addy!

Please tell us what the 2520 in the upper right corner stands for?

Did the Holy Spirit really arrive at such a number as 2520 on His way to deceiving Miller?

Where oh where did that 2520 come from???

LOL
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#5 Dec 8, 2010
Shubee wrote:
Are you saying the calling the Holy Spirit God is a lie?

Is that what you are implying here, SDA?
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#6 Dec 8, 2010
test
Earthcaller

Palm Coast, FL

#7 Dec 9, 2010
BJ Simpson wrote:
test
Keep in mind that truth is progressive.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 9, 2010
BJ Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>

Please tell us what the 2520 in the upper right corner stands for?
Did the Holy Spirit really arrive at such a number as 2520 on His way to deceiving Miller?
Where oh where did that 2520 come from???
LOL
Here is a link explaining the 2520.

http://www.2520yearprophecy.com/

It seems to be more the extreme SDA who believe this, but then again it seems to be creeping in with many within the Church now. Who knows why they need to believe a non existent prophecy ~ a so called prophecy that is not even a part of the Bible.
A Voice In The Wilderness

Vineland, NJ

#9 Dec 9, 2010
birdman wrote:
What mistake was hidden?
When was His hand removed?
The mistake is in the belief that the 1260, 1290, and 1335 days of Daniel 12 are past.

His hand is removed to those who study with an earnest heart and are striving to be part of the 144,000. At the time of sister White's ministry the hand was still covering the chart.
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#10 Dec 9, 2010
Earthcaller wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind that truth is progressive.
When does the SDA brand of truth violate Acts 1:7?

Does the Holy Spirit goad them into overlooking Jesus words in Acts 1:7?

Did Ellen White ever day that 1844 was a test?
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#11 Dec 9, 2010
CINDERS wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a link explaining the 2520.
http://www.2520yearprophecy.com/
It seems to be more the extreme SDA who believe this, but then again it seems to be creeping in with many within the Church now. Who knows why they need to believe a non existent prophecy ~ a so called prophecy that is not even a part of the Bible.
Wait a minute! That 2520 is what the SDA's claim the Holy Spirit wanted on that chart!

The Curse of Moses - Leviticus

And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.(Lev 26:18 KJV)

Leviticus 26:28 Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

7 x 360 (Jewish month 30days)= 2520

So is this how the HOLY SPIRIT does prophecy amongst the SDA folks?

Is this what passes for competent handling of scripture?

Can you see what blasphemers these SDA's really are?
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#12 Dec 9, 2010
A Voice In The Wilderness wrote:
His hand is removed to those who study with an earnest heart.
What about those who with earnest heart did NOT participate in anything Miller or 1844, instead observing Jesus' own words?

Jesus said to them:“It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. ACTS 1:7

Does the Holy Spirit tell us they were damned?

Is this too complicated for you?

Location hidden

#13 Dec 9, 2010
BJ Simpson wrote:
Did the Holy Spirit really guide Miller and the Whites into timesetting? Yes or No?
The Holy Spirit guided William Miller to a correct understanding of Daniel 8:14, which does give the time for the endtime vindication of holiness.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/seventhday...

Location hidden

#14 Dec 9, 2010
BJ Simpson wrote:
Do you agree that the Holy Spirit is God?
The Father is the only True God:

“Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. But not everyone knows this.” 1 Corinthians 8:6-7.
http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead/
martinezjosei

United States

#15 Dec 9, 2010
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> The Holy Spirit guided William Miller to a correct understanding of Daniel 8:14, which does give the time for the endtime vindication of holiness.
http://www.everythingimportant.org/seventhday...
Which prophet did ever made a "mistake"?

First failed prophecies were just "CONDITIONAL" now mistakes are just "Divine Intention".

What did God gain with fooling people?

Why is it so difficult to admit they were wrong and the Continual Sacrifice is a colossal face saving invention?

Why did God had to HIDE the truth from us when illuminating the truth to us?

Something does not click. It is not characteristic of God to mislead people into believing one thing knowing full well there is something else happening. God had NEVER done such thing as to fool His followers to save a few unconverts. The end does not justify the means for God.
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#16 Dec 10, 2010
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Which prophet did ever made a "mistake"?
First failed prophecies were just "CONDITIONAL" now mistakes are just "Divine Intention".
Why is it so difficult to admit they were wrong and the Continual Sacrifice is a colossal face saving invention?
Here is the reason why:

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3

They could not obey the Son's voice at Acts 1:7, as they did not have ears, but would perish in their sins.

They did not believe the Son in 1844!

God's wrath remains on them!
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#17 Dec 10, 2010
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> The Father is the only True God:
“Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. But not everyone knows this.” 1 Corinthians 8:6-7.
http://everythingimportant.org/Godhead/
Then you are at variance with your church's teaching of the Trinity.

Real Christians believe Jesus is God. They do not deny that the Father and Holy Spirit are God.

You defend a people who could not obey Jesus. Here is what is said of such:

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:36

Jesus replied,“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Jpohn 14:23

It is obvious that those who could not hear the Son at Acts 1:7 in 1844 did not love Jesus near!

But they will certainly get God's wrath!
BJ Simpson

Lebanon, OR

#18 Dec 10, 2010
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> The Holy Spirit guided William Miller to a correct understanding of Daniel 8:14, which does give the time for the endtime vindication of holiness.
By yourself blaspheming the Holy Spirit, attributing error to Him, when it was really satan working on Miller, here is what you have done:

You have committed the unpardonable sin, which cannot be forgiven.

This verse describes that sort of SDA person who Christians are to give nothing to:

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine - Matt 7:6

Are you able to see why a conversation between you and real Christians is over?

I doubt it.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 10, 2010
BJ Simpson wrote:
Then you are at variance with your church's teaching of the Trinity.
That's OK. I am in harmony with God's word.
BJ Simpson wrote:
Real Christians believe Jesus is God. They do not deny that the Father and Holy Spirit are God.
I answered your question by quoting Scripture but that wasn't good enough for you.

Location hidden

#20 Dec 10, 2010
martinezjosei wrote:
I understand God as He has revealed Himself. If you were fooled, it's your own fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holidays and SDA church 3 min MyReply 8
Seventh Day Adventist Church-wicked shepherds-b... (Dec '15) 17 min MyReply 151
How is Quoting Ellen G. White Evidence that SDA... 1 hr MyReply 184
I'm Looking Forward to the Collapse of Seventh-... 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 4
3 Questions that frighten all SDA CULT members! (May '14) 3 hr useful 616
Sabbath versus Saturday 3 hr SDA Goddess E_G_W 96
Sabbath 3 hr SDA Goddess E_G_W 72
More from around the web