Michael the Archangel “one who is God.”

Michael the Archangel “one who is God.”

First Prev
of 61
Next Last
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Nov 27, 2011
The name “Michael” signifies “one who is God.” The word “Archangel” means “ chief or head of the angels.” Michael the Archangel is our Lord Jesus Christ and scripture shows it.

Let’s turn to the 9th verse of Jude.
Here Jude is referring to a very well known example of God’s great salvation by Christ our Mediator, the Angel of the Covenant.

(Jude 1:9) Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

In verse 8 Jude denounced those false prophets who crept into the church, claiming to be messengers of Christ as “filthy dreamers,” who “defile the flesh”. These “filthy dreamers,” he tells us,“despise dominions.” That is to say, they despise the fact that God is God, despise and refuse to bow to Christ the Lord. And they “speak evil of dignities.” They blaspheme the glories of Christ our God, and he then shows Christ who as Michael keeps showing up in the Bible specifically in the context of direct conflict with Satan.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Nov 27, 2011
Daniel was told by the angel Gabriel,“The angel prince of the kingdom of Persia opposed me for twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief angels, came to help me… Now I have to go back and fight the guardian angel of Persia. After that the guardian angel of Greece will appear. There is no one to help me except Michael, Israel’s guardian angel. He is responsible for helping and defending me.” Daniel 10:13,20; 11:1

Later Daniel refers to him as “the great prince” Daniel 12:1 and as we see in Jude he is called “the archangel” when he disputed with Satan over the body of Moses. It is the voice of the archangel, this title given to Michael, who is associated with the raising of the dead at the 2nd coming.“There will be the shout of command, the archangel’s voice, the sound of God’s trumpet, and the Lord himself will come down from heaven. Those who have died believing in Christ will rise to life first…” 1 Thessalonians 4:16

The relationship between the resurrection and Michael is reinforced in Daniel when,“the great angel Michael, who guards your people, will appear…many of those who have already died will live again…” Daniel 12:1,2

But scripture tells us that it is Christ's voice that will raise the dead.“The dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear it will come to life…the time is coming when all the dead will hear his voice and come out of their graves…” John 5:25,28,29

So who is Michael the Archangel “one who is God.”
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Nov 27, 2011
The word “archangel” is used only five times in Holy Scripture (Dan. 10:13, 21; 12:1; 1 Thess. 4:16; Jude 9). Every time it is used, it is singular. There is and can only be one archangel. And that one Archangel is named Michael and yet is shown as doing what also applies to Christ even from the beginning.

(Revelation 12:7-9) And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,(8) And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.(9) And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

In Revelation 12, Michael is shown as the leader of the angels in the fight against Satan, and then later in Revelation 19, it says it is Jesus who leads the charge as “The armies of heaven followed him.”

Without question, the work described in Revelation 12:7-9 is the work of Christ himself (John 12:31-32; Rev. 20:1-3). It is he who bound Satan and cast him out. Notice the adversary in verse 9.

Because he is furious with rage, he is called “the great dragon.”

Because he is the deceiver of the whole world (2 Cor. 4:6), he is called “that old serpent,” the one who deceived Eve in the garden (Gen. 3:1-6).

Because he ever accuses God's saints and seeks to turn God against us and us against our God, he is called “the devil and Satan,” who as a roaring lion goes about seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8).

He is Satan who has been the adversary of Christ from the beginning.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Nov 27, 2011
The word “angel,” as you know, simply means “messenger.” Gospel preachers are called “angels” in Revelation 1-3. The “angel” of the local church is the pastor of the church. Our Lord Jesus Christ is the preeminent Angel of the Lord, the Head, the Chief Messenger of God.

· He is the Angel of the Lord who appeared to men in the Old Testament.

· Our Savior is called “the angel of his presence”(Isa. 63:9), by whom we are saved.

· He is the Angel of the covenant (Mal. 3:1).

Our Lord Jesus is not a created Angel, but the eternal “angel of his presence,” who is himself our God.

On this point it is helpful to recall the many times in the Old Testament where God is referred to as an angel. It was “the angel of the LORD” that helped Hagar in the desert, but yet she would say,“Have I really seen God and lived to tell about it?” Genesis 16:7,13

It was “the LORD’s angel” who came to Gideon, but during the conversation it was “the LORD” who answered Gideon, and Gideon asked,“Give me some proof that you are really the LORD.” Judges 6:11,16,17. At the burning bush, it was “the angel of the LORD”(Exodus 3:2) who appeared to Moses, but yet this “angel” told Moses,“I am the God of your ancestors.” God said,“I am who I am. You must tell them: The one who is called I AM has sent me to you. Tell the Israelites that I, the LORD, the God of their ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, have sent you to them.” Exodus 3:13-15

Now think about it, as Jesus claims this same title for himself:“And you will die in your sins if you do not believe that ‘I Am Who I AM”(John 8:24); “When you lift up the Son of Man, you will know that “I Am Who I Am”(John 8:28); “I am telling you the truth, Jesus replied. Before Abraham was born,‘I Am.’”(John 8:58)

Finally, who led the Israelites through the desert?“My angel will go ahead of you and take you into the land of the Amorites…”(Exodus 23:23) But yet Paul says that the One who led the Israelites through the desert was none other than Jesus!“They drank from the spiritual rock that went with them; and that rock was Christ himself.”(1 Corinthians 10:4)

He is that great Prince, the Archangel, before whom Daniel trembled, who came to help Daniel, and by whose grace Daniel was given strength. It is he who stands for his people as our great Advocate and Defender (Dan. 10:13-21; 12:1).
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Nov 27, 2011
The name “Michael” signifies “one who is God.” The word “Archangel” means “chief or head of the angels.” Michael the Archangel is our Lord Jesus Christ who is, as our God-man Mediator,“Head of all principality and power”(Col. 2:10).

Jesus, of whom the Father declares,“Your kingdom, O God, will last forever and ever!” and “You, Lord, in the beginning created the earth, and with your own hands you made the heavens”(Hebrews 1:8,10), in gentle and condescending manner, allows himself to appear as an angel – though he is God. But appearing in the form of an angel was far from the greatest condescension that God would make! God spent 9 months in the womb, spent his first night on earth in a feeding trough, and then grew up in Nazareth, from where it was said,“Can any good come from Nazareth?”(John 1:46) Jesus, our Creator and Eternal God, stoops to meet us in our need, as the Angel of the LORD, God of the Old Testament, Son of Man from Nazareth, and as the Prince Angel Michael when in direct conflict with Satan.

In Jude 9, it is the Angel of the Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, our Savior who speaks to Satan, our accuser and rebukes him.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#6 Nov 27, 2011
But there is more...on Michael, our great Archangel, when the contention between Christ our Advocate and the devil is described in great detail in Zechariah 3.

(Zechariah 3:1-5) And he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.(2) And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?(3) Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.(4) And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.(5) And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

Here, he stands before the Lord God conscious of his guilt and sin. Joshua is here said to be “standing before the Angel of the Lord”(v. 1). In verse 3 we read, ― “Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the Lord.”— In verse 5 Zechariah says,“and the Angel of the Lord stood by.”

The Angel of the Lord standing by is our all-glorious Savior and Advocate, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Now, our Savior is not one of the angelic hosts that he created. He is called “the Angel of the Lord,” because he is Jehovah’s Messenger, the Angel of the covenant.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#7 Nov 27, 2011
The One who is called,“the Angel of the Lord” in verse 1, is Jehovah himself. We know that because he is called,“the Lord”(Jehovah) in verse 2. This Man who is God, the Angel of the Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ, is our almighty Advocate and effectual Intercessor (Heb. 7:24-27; 1 John 2:1-2).

Notice that again he says the same words as Christ "And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan"

Joshua said nothing. Joshua did nothing. He stood in silence before the Angel of the Lord; and the Lord pleaded his cause, and he definitely shows the Angel as “one who is God”.(Read Micah 7:8-9, 18-20).

(Micah 7:8-9) Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.(9) I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.

(Micah 7:18-20) Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.(19) He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.(20) Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

When the Lord Jesus here says,“The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan,” he was not yielding ground to the devil, or implying any lack of self-sufficient omnipotence. He was speaking as Joshua’s Advocate in court, declaring the basis of divine pardon. When our Lord Jesus contended with Satan, silencing forever his legal accusations against Joshua, he spoke as the Angel of the Covenant, as Michael the Archangel, our Mediator and Advocate, pointing to the irrefutable ground upon which Joshua must stand accepted before the holy Lord God.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#8 Nov 27, 2011
Michael represents the pre-existent Jesus in angelic form, his leading role in the war in heaven begins with a retrospective allusion to the pre-incarnational reality, and the Michael designation corresponds to the vantage point of the Old Testament.

Now it is plain, the Lord Jesus Christ, the Man who is God, our great Savior is the Archangel, the Prince, the Head of all principality and power, He who can say “I am the first and the last,’ says the Lord God Almighty, who is, who was, and who is to come.”

Now Scripture is clear, that there is only one God, who is, who was, and who is to come as we see in the Old Testament.

Deuteronomy 6:4-5
The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.

Now, God does not allow worship to anyone but Him.

Exodus 34:14
For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Twice in Revelation, John was forbidden to fall at the feet of the angel (Revelation 19:10 and Revelation 22: 8-9).
However, when Joshua met the angelic general (Joshua 5:3-15), he was not forbidden from performing this act of worship. Instead, just like the encounter of Moses with God at the burning bush, Joshua was told to take off his shoes because he was standing on holy ground. This leader of the angels was God.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Nov 27, 2011
1 Thessalonians 4:16 states that at the second coming the Lord shall descend with a shout, with the voice of the Archangel. If he shouts with a voice it must be his voice. The Lord is the Archangel. Furthermore, this voice raises the dead and only God can raise the dead.

The term Archangel, is made up of two Greek words Archos + Angelos which mean Ruler of the Angels. Therefore Michael is the Ruler of the Angels.

The Hebrew word Michael is composed of three words:
MI Who
CHA As
EL God

Literally, it means Who is like God or Who is as God. The very name Michael draws attention to His equality with God.

In the Genesis chapter 22 account of Abraham being prepared to offer his only son Isaac to God, we also see the "Angel of the Lord" declaring that Abraham "fears God and has not withheld his son from me". Abraham was offering Isaac to God. Therefore, the angel was referring to Himself as God.

Since scripture shows Michael the Archangel that he is Jesus Christ, that means that Michael is not a created being but is the eternal Son of God.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#10 Nov 27, 2011
Some might say but how can that be. Well, as God relates to His created beings, He reveals another aspect of His love. God willingly went down to man to give and to fellowship, and shows Himself as the Angel of the Host, the Great I AM, and Jehovah. Theologians generally agree that Old Testament passages about Jehovah are applied to Jesus.

Paul frequently refers to Jesus as `Lord' in 1 Corinthians in such a way as to identify him as, or equate him with, the Lord Jehovah of the Old Testament.... Paul says that Christians hope to be found `blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ '(1:8; see also 5:5), whereas the Old Testament spoke of that judgment day as the day of Jehovah (e.g., Joel 1:15; 2:1, 11, 31).... Paul's language clearly refers to Jesus as if he were Jehovah.

Thus Jehovah shows Himself in the position as leader of the Host, as Michael, the One who is like God, to man and to the angels. His position was the archangel, the first among the angels.

As seen in scripture, Michael the Archangel is mentioned five times: as `one of the foremost princes'(Daniel 10:13 NWT), as `the prince of [Daniel's] people'(Daniel 10:21), as `the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of [Daniel's] people'(Daniel 12:1), as `the archangel' who `had a difference with the devil and was disputing about Moses' body' but `did not dare to bring a judgment against him in abusive terms'(Jude 9 ), and as a participant in heavenly conflict when `Michael and his angels battled with the dragon'(Revelation 12:7 ).

Michael represents the pre-existent Jesus in angelic form, the Lord of the Host, before He came down, and as the One who gave Himself for salvation after sin came in, He also in scripture reveals Himself as the Messiah or Christ, as seen in the Second Coming.
Lay Worker

Jerilderie, Australia

#11 Nov 27, 2011
Hobie wrote:

Since scripture shows Michael the Archangel that he is Jesus Christ,

that means that Michael is not a created being but

**is the eternal Son of God.
** an adopted thought, and its papal

and notice no Scripture

Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#12 Nov 27, 2011
Now some people look at the evidence and say,“Michael cannot be Christ because Christ is not one of the chief princes. But if you read your Bible He is the chief prince, as Isaiah 9 says.”

In Isaiah 9, God spoke of the glorious appearing of the coming Messiah. It says in verse 6:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Christ the Messiah would be the Prince of Peace, so scripture gives you the connection and the answer, you just have to read and understand.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#13 Nov 27, 2011
Also, in Revelation 1:5, we read:

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth…

Michael, who is like God, is the chief prince over the angelic host, just as Jesus is the prince of peace and over the kings of the earth.

God picks up on the truth that there are three persons of the Godhead when He speaks of “princes” in the plural. Michael is one of the three persons, one of the chief princes, of the Godhead. He is the One who comes to help the believers and holds council with God, as we read in Daniel 10:21.

But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.

This shows Michael's postion is the same as Christ, because that is who He is. It is reavealed in Michael’s name and the fact that He is one of the chief princes who holds council with God the Father, points to the fact that He is Christ.

In Daniel 12:1, it says:

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people…

Here we see that Michael is a great prince. Can we not see how this language applies to Jesus Christ who is the Prince of Peace? He is the prince of the kings of the earth. He is the prince over each one of His elect whom He came to save, and He stands for the children of the people.
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#14 Nov 27, 2011
Therefore, Michael qualifies in this language as being Jesus Christ.

This language cannot apply to an angel, even to a chief angel of some kind, or an arch messenger or archangel as Michael is referred to in Jude. This language does not fit the characteristics that we learn in the Bible that apply to angels. Angels do not stand for the children of God. As we learn in Hebrew 1:14, they are ministering spirits. They can minister somehow mysteriously to the saints as God bids them to do so. However, they are not fighting the king of Persia, who in Daniel 10 is typifying Satan. They are not standing for the children of the people. An angel cannot take the sins of any of the elect and pay the penalty for those sins. Therefore, Michael, who is like God, is Jesus Christ.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#15 Nov 27, 2011
Off topic
Hobie

Cape Coral, FL

#16 Nov 28, 2011
No quite sure what you meant?
alabamaboy

Tallassee, AL

#17 Nov 28, 2011
Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD THE FATHER. He was BEGOTTEN and was never a created angel like SDA and Jehovah's Witnesses believe. NO ANGEL was ever called SON OF GOD!
No angel was ever part of the DEITY. The God-family consists ONLY of TWO Divine Beings: Father and Son!
The two prominent angels: Michael and Gabriel. And that's it!
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#18 Nov 28, 2011
alabamaboy wrote:
Jesus Christ is the SON OF GOD THE FATHER. He was BEGOTTEN and was never a created angel like SDA and Jehovah's Witnesses believe. NO ANGEL was ever called SON OF GOD!
No angel was ever part of the DEITY. The God-family consists ONLY of TWO Divine Beings: Father and Son!
The two prominent angels: Michael and Gabriel. And that's it!
Although Hobie is incorrect and Jesus is not Michael the archangel, I think it worthy to note that you too are mistaken. At least with your wording anyway.

You state: NO ANGEL was ever called SON OF GOD.

But the truth is all the angels are sons of God and are called that.

Genesis 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

Genesis 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

CB
Tony

Sydney, Australia

#19 Nov 29, 2011
Jesus is NOT a created Angel. He is fully Man, fully God, the Messiah, the Christ, and Lord and Saviour. Jesus is Eternal. Jesus was never created. Jesus is Eternal as the Father and Holy Spirit are Eternal. Jesus has always been and always will be.

Is Jesus a literal created Lamb or Lion? Is He a created Angel? Answer: NO, but I am going to prove using Bible that Michael is just another "Title" to refer to Jesus just as Lamb and Lion is. Michael is not a created Angel. Michael the Archangel is only a name or title.

To begin, let's look at the phrase *angel of the LORD* in the story of Moses and the burning bush

Exo 3:2 And the *angel of the LORD* appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush: and he looked, and, behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

Now in verses four and six, who is identified as being in the bush?

Exo 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.
Exo 3:6 Moreover he said,*I am* the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Notice that the angel (messenger) of verse 2 is really none other than God Himself. This is confirmed in the New Testament-

Acts 7:30 And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an *angel of the Lord* in a flame of fire in a bush.
Acts 7:31 When Moses saw it, he wondered at the sight: and as he drew near to behold it, the voice of the Lord came unto him,

Joh 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses,*I AM* THAT *I AM*: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,*I AM* hath sent me unto you.

When asked what His name is, the God of the patriarchs of the Old Testament replies *I AM*. Now look again in the New Testament-

Acts 7:32 Saying,*I am* the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was,*I am*.

Jesus Christ had just identified Himself as the One who is the God of the Old Testament patriarchs, who was present in the burning bush speaking to Moses. Just for extra measure-

Now look at the story of Hagar in Genesis-

Gen 16:7 And the *angel of the LORD* found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
Gen 16:9 And the *angel of the LORD* said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
Gen 16:10 And the *angel of the LORD* said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
Gen 16:11 And the *angel of the LORD* said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
Gen 16:12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

Hagar has been visited and spoken to by the *angel of the Lord*, but look who she says it was-

Gen 16:13 And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?

Why would Hagar call this Angel LORD of it wasn't referring to Jesus Himself?

Again the *angel of the Lord* is actually none other than the LORD Jesus Christ Himself

Gen 21:17 And God heard the voice of the lad; and the *angel of God* called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
Gen 21:18 Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.
Tony

Sydney, Australia

#20 Nov 29, 2011
By the way,

Jesus is the angel of the LORD, the angel of God, the Archangel Michael (the principle messenger - but not a created being), who appeared time and again in the Old Testament to speak directly to His people. He is Fully God, fully Man. Not Created, but Eternal God.

In both Jude 9 and Zech 3:1-2 it is Jesus, the *angel of the LORD* who is also *Michael the archangel*, contending with Satan for both Moses and Joshua.

Please note that Jude is quoting from Zechariah 3:2. "And the Lord said to Satan,'the Lord rebuke you".
Zechariah and Jude have both the Lord and Michael the archangel say the exact same thing, "the lord rebuke you".. This identifies both beings as the same person.

So with regards to "Michael" the archangel I believe that is only one of many symbols the Bible uses, for example Jesus is the Lamb, the Lion, Alpha and Omega, Good Shepherd, The Truth , The Way etc. Jesus is not literally a lamb is he? The term Archangel too is symbolic, not literal when applied to Jesus.

The term "Michael" appears only in apocalyptic passages [ie prophetic passages which describe supernatural battles]... and all apocalyptic passages are symbolic, not literal by nature and definition. All the references are: Dan 10:13,21; 12:1; Jude 1:9; Rev 12:7. These are the only references and are all symbolic and apocalyptic. Michael is a symbolic title ONLY, just as Lamb is.

Many Bible scholars of various churches identify Michael with Jesus: e.g. Prof. Carl Friedrich Keil, " Biblical commentary on the book of Daniel". Commentary of the OT. Keil and Delitzsch. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans Publishing Co. 1975 p.410....says, "The ...[ish] seen by Daniel was no common angel-prince, but a manifestation of Jehovah, ie the Logos [Jesus]. This is placed beyond a doubt by acomparison with Rev 1:13-15."
A list can be supplied if required.

Michael means "one like God" So you believe if it doesn't refer to Jesus, that some mere Angel that was even lower than Lucifer himself, is one LIKE GOD? Of course not, so Michael is none other than our beautiful Lord Jesus Himself.

Not angel in the sense of a created being, but rather in the generic sense of the word, meaning messenger.

What created angel could redeem anyone? None. Redemption is found only in Jesus Christ, the very Son of God, and that is exactly who Jacob (Israel) had been speaking with and about. Jesus was, and is, that redeeming angel (messenger) sent from God the Father.

So now, what of Michael the archangel? Is it so difficult to believe that he may actually be Jesus Christ?

Who calls the dead at His Coming? Answer: Jesus
1Th 4:6 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Who raises the dead with His voice? Not a created angel, indeed not even a created archangel. The shout is given with the voice of the *archangel*, the LORD Jesus Christ Himself.

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
John 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear His voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

It is the voice of Jesus Christ (the Son of man) that raises the dead. Just as 1 Th 4:16 says, the Lord Jesus shall descend from heaven and shout with the voice of the Archangel, because He is the Archangel. With that shout, the righteous dead will be raised from their graves.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Lucifer was the Highest Angel before he was cast out. And Michael the Archangel is a title for Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 61
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Investigative Judgement is False Doctrine 14 min sitka happy 1,158
False Prophet Jeanine Sautron (Nov '08) 43 min QuietPoet 859
Who is God? 57 min Lay Worker 310
Gay marriage not predicted by EGW 2 hr christine 18
MOHAMED MARRIED a GIRL UNDER 10 yrs of AGE. 3 hr knight of Jesus 14
SDA "Happy Sabbath " greeting (Aug '12) 4 hr Lay Worker 233
Why do Adventist use false names? 6 hr Yeremyah 18
More from around the web