God stated the New was NOT according ...

God stated the New was NOT according the the Old

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#1 Jul 10, 2013
God declares in Jer 31 and Heb 8 :

8 Because finding fault with them, He says:“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

----------

9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.

----------

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

13 In that He says,“A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. Heb 8

----------

Question; Since God declares His New Covenant is NOT ACCORDING to the Old.....and the Old is the Ten C's Deut 4:13 2 Cor 3:6-14

how would one find out , what laws God put in His New Covenant, and what was NOT according to the Old Covenant
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#2 Jul 11, 2013
First Question;

How would one find out what is NOT according to the Old Mt Sinai Covenant

Answer: Read the New Gospel Covenant in Christ

"do not depend on any other source"

Second Question:

What was NOT according to the OLD COVENANT

Answer: There are many things, NOT according to the Old for Jesus declared All things become New

for starters;

We read God does NOT command moral laws with the penalty of Death as the Old Covenant Ten C's Ex 21:12 Lev 20:10 2 Cor 3:6-14

We read God commands 9 moral laws in His New Gospel Covenant

We read God does NOT command any Levitical Commandments, Sabbath Commandments, or Purity Commandments as in the OLD Covenant

We read God declares All the Old Covenant, the Ten C's are fulfilled by the Christ follower when he loves one another Gal 5:14

We do not read God condemning a Christ follower
for any reason Rom 8:1,2 anywhere Jn 3;18 as in the OLD COVENANT by the Ten C's penal code

We read commandments by God to NOT go under the Old Covenant Law, the Ten C's Rom 2;12 Gal 3:10 Rom 6:14 Rom 7:4

We read it is a disgrace to God if the Christ follower goes under the law, the Ten C's Gal 2:21

----------

Now, if someone teaches you to go under that Old Covenant the Ten C's and flat out teaches, God places that same law of the Old in the Christ followers heart..........RUN from them...

they are imposters, liars, twisters of scriptures, adding and taking away from the Word, going beyond what is written

Run from them
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#3 Jul 11, 2013
The wicked, those who use many words but no scripture
will try with all their heart to sway you away from what you have read in the New Gospel Covenant.

Ask those wicked who try to sway you with many words,telling you to keep the Ministry of Death engraved on stones, the Ten C's....ask them for one scripture, in which God commands a Christian to keep it.

God commands the Christ follower to keep 9 moral commandments of the Ministry of the Spirit 2 Cor 3:8 not the Ministry of Death 2Cor 3:6

They will NOT produce it...why? Because it does not exist, and they teach false doctrine and lie,

but watch out, you will be persecuted and hated, for they are the wicked 2Pet 3:16-19

----------

The rules to go by are scriptures NOT mans story telling and many words.

20 Consult God’s instruction and the testimony of warning. If anyone does not speak according to this word, they have no light of dawn. 21 Distressed and hungry, they will roam through the land; when they are famished, they will become enraged and, looking upward, will curse their king and their God. 22 Then they will look toward the earth and see only distress and darkness and fearful gloom, and they will be thrust into utter darkness. Isa 8
Diane

Encinitas, CA

#4 Jul 11, 2013
Shadrach, fantastic facts!!! This is so readable with such understanding of how the Old Covenant and the New Covenant show there difference. Thanks for showing it from scripture alone. This is very helpful. Wonderful.
His4everFriend

Grants Pass, OR

#5 Jul 11, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
8 Because finding fault with them, He says:“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—
----------
9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
----------
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying,‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
13 In that He says,“A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away. Heb 8
----------
Question; Since God declares His New Covenant is NOT ACCORDING to the Old.....and the Old is the Ten C's Deut 4:13 2 Cor 3:6-14
how would one find out , what laws God put in His New Covenant, and what was NOT according to the Old Covenant
So what was it about the old covenant that was faulty? The answer is alluded to in the above post.

-because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.

When God came down upon Mt. Sinai He spoke the words of the ten commandments and the people spoke the words "all the Lord has said we will do". Sadly this can never work because of our sin nature and so it didn't take long to find out that the peoples promises were as ropes of sand.

And so in the new covenant we are told that it is based upon better promises and those promises are clearly stated in Jer, 3:34 which states that the new covenant is based upon God's promise to write His Law upon His peoples hearts.

His4everFriend
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Pa said to Grannie that Wee Paulie
would never get the Covenants straight
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Jul 11, 2013
His4everFriend wrote:
<quoted text>
So what was it about the old covenant that was faulty? The answer is alluded to in the above post.
-because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord.
When God came down upon Mt. Sinai He spoke the words of the ten commandments and the people spoke the words "all the Lord has said we will do". Sadly this can never work because of our sin nature and so it didn't take long to find out that the peoples promises were as ropes of sand.
And so in the new covenant we are told that it is based upon better promises and those promises are clearly stated in Jer, 3:34 which states that the new covenant is based upon God's promise to write His Law upon His peoples hearts.
His4everFriend
And this law in NOT according to the Old law per God Heb 8:9

The Old Covenant was the Ten C's and associated laws

Deut 4;13 1 Kings 2:3 Ex 24:7-12

The Old Covenant is called the Law..or Book of the Covenant, or Book of the Law

and God declared the law that He was going to place in man's heart
was NOT according to the Old Law

thus we have a law that is NOT like the Old law that God places in man's heart, otherwise He accomplishes nothing, with the same Old condemning law..and your teaching makes absolutely NO SENSE

My support..........Gods Very Words.....are all written in the gospel

as listed in post #1,

in which you are trying to negate as the wicked do.

You present this post of yours and think you will negate post #1

are you kidding me....think again.

----------

With Christ the New High Priest their is a CHANGE of LAW Heb 7:12

under the priesthood the people received the LAW

the "Law of THE commandments.

Christ paid the sin debt the law of the commandments Eph 2;15

Thus the whole Mosaic economy ends.......ceases to exist, for those who accept Christ Rom 10:4 Rom 8:1,2 there is no longer any reason for the same Old priesthood, when there is no more law of THE commandments existing as well as Christ

Why, because there is NO MORE condemnation for a Christian
Rom 8:1,2 Jn 3:18 Jesus declares

Christ's death took the sting of death and strength of the law
away........1Cor 15:56 it has no power what soever over a Christian

thus a change of law in which the Christ follower shall no be governed by,

it is called the Law of Liberty, or Law of Christ or the MINISTRY OF THE SPIRIT James 1;25 2 Cor 3:8 1 Cor 9:19-21 Gal 6:2

"The New Covenant"

and post one instructs everyone to read the law God wants to place in your heart

You hate me for instructing people to read the Bible for themselves.

tough.........like I said before......you are of the wicked

deliberately trying to negate His Word in post #1

Now, say this.....teach this

God states He is going to make a New Covenant NOT according to the Ten C's Heb 8:9

for the Ten C's is the OLD COVENANT 2Cor 3:6-14

ISN'T IT

So God is not going to put the same OLD Law in mans heart

isn't this the truth?.......YES

Isn't this all supported by scripture....YES

How come you do not teach this?
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jul 11, 2013
The New Testaments is my witness, you will not find God issuing a condemning commandment in the gospel

because the scripture means what it says

Christ is the end of the Law for those in Him Rom 10:4

Now if I was a false teacher, everyone and their mother would be putting up gospel scriptures which
shows God issuing a condemning Ten C's to a Christian
JesusWasNOTaJew GoogleIt

Port Huron, MI

#9 Jul 11, 2013
all Ten Cs are reiterated in the NT
what you ignore about Paul is the fact that he reiterated the fact that the 4th C still goes (as do the other 9) in Hebrews 4:9 which properly translated says 'there remaineth a keeping of a sabbath for man'
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#10 Jul 11, 2013
JesusWasNOTaJew GoogleIt wrote:
what you ignore about Paul is the fact that he reiterated the fact that the 4th C still goes (as do the other 9) in Hebrews 4:9 which properly translated says 'there remaineth a keeping of a sabbath for man'
Now you resort to someone's deception taught and embedded in you.

In Heb 4:9 the word rest in Greek is ...Sabbatismo not Sabbaton

which is a keeping sabbath, of another sort,

it is a eternal sabbath rest looked for by Christians

it is not a weekly sabbath

Now, stop and look things up for your self

go online to the Greek Lexicon and search the word "rest"

see sabbatismo

read its definition

and compare to the definition of the word "Sabbaton"

which is a weekly sabbath day

God created the word Sabbatismo and its definition for only one specific place in scriptures Heb 4:9

Go do this and tell me what you discovered........

Trust in your own abilities with Christ

Don't be a regurgitating puppet like all these programmed liars

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#11 Jul 11, 2013
What "properly translated" version are you using? I checked almost 50 versions, none of which include the word "keeping" in that verse from Heb. 4.
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Jul 11, 2013
Here, you seem to have a problem....God created this word

Sabbatismo and uses it in only one place IN ALL HIS WORD

it was created for His purpose

sabbatismós
Phonetics:
sab-bat-is-mos'
Word Origin:
from a derivative of (4521)
Parts of Speech:
Noun Masculine
TDNT:
7:34,989

Word Definition [ Thayer's | Strong's ]
Thayer's Definition

a keeping sabbath
the blessed rest from toils and troubles looked for in the age to come by the true worshippers of God and true Christians

----------

Now compare if God wanted Heb 4:9 to say weekly sabbath day by using His word Sabbaton

Entry for Strong's #4521 - &#963;&#8049;&#946 ;&#946;&#945;&#964 ;&#959;&#957;
Transliteration:
sábbaton
Phonetics:
sab'-bat-on
Word Origin:
of Hebrew origin (07676)
Parts of Speech:
Noun Neuter
TDNT:
7:1,989

Word Definition [ Thayer's | Strong's ]
Thayer's Definition

the seventh day of each week which was a sacred festival on which the Israelites were required to abstain from all work
the institution of the sabbath, the law for keeping holy every seventh day of the week
a single sabbath, sabbath day
seven days, a week

----------

Now, from now on, what will you teach Heb 4:9 really means ?

Will you continue to twist things like the wicked or will you CHANGE and repent and come with us...
Shadrach

Santa Clara, CA

#13 Jul 11, 2013
And another Note; Test the messengers work

If a sabbath commandment was issued by God in His New Covenant, then sabbath sins would be taught in the New Covenant,

but those true followers of Christ, who follow the scriptures and run from people with lots of words
and no scripture, also know, God NEVER EVER declares any sabbath sinner as one who will not enter His Kingdom

Truth is Parallel
Diane

Encinitas, CA

#14 Jul 11, 2013
Shadrach, another great lesson to learn. Differences between two words...like study the Bible. Thanks for the scriptures. Thank God for His eternal rest. SABBATISMO.
BoWing

Nepean, Canada

#15 Jul 11, 2013
Matthew 17:17
Then Jesus answered and said,“O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me.”

Hebrews 4 is so simple:

3 For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

What works?

4 For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

The works that Sabbath was made or created, but for whom? God? No. Let Jesus answer the question clearly with the ultimate truth!

Jesus said:

Mark 2:27
And He said to them,“The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Now back to Hebrews 4:

6 Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because OF DISOBEDIENCE, 7 again He designates A CERTAIN DAY, saying in David,“Today,” after such a long time, as it has been said:
“Today, if you will hear His voice,
Do not harden your hearts.”

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. 10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.

The scripture is so simple and plain in the texts above and yet Shadrach perverts the words of Christ and his servant, by interjecting "Christ" into the above when clearly that is not the author's and Holy Spirit's intent! Then he has the audacity to tell others they are deceiving and he is telling the truth!?!?

Learn this lesson well Shadrach and Diane.

Matthew 10:24
“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a servant above his master.

GOD set the example in Genesis 2. Jesus set the example in his 3 1/2 year ministry on earth. The disciples followed the same example of obedience and faith. Are you following their example as a saved Christian should?
Diane

Encinitas, CA

#16 Jul 11, 2013
BoWing, this rest in God is the Sabbatismo rest. Meaning, eternal rest. Not the word Sabbaton, the weekly Sabbath. There is a big difference. When we enter the sabbatismo, we enter for eternity. Have you enter this eternal rest ? When we are in Christ we are in the sabbatismo rest. A forever rest. Hope this helps you to see the different uses used. You have to know the differences and when it is applied.
BoWing

Nepean, Canada

#17 Jul 12, 2013
Diane wrote:
BoWing, this rest in God is the Sabbatismo rest. Meaning, eternal rest. Not the word Sabbaton, the weekly Sabbath. There is a big difference. When we enter the sabbatismo, we enter for eternity. Have you enter this eternal rest ? When we are in Christ we are in the sabbatismo rest. A forever rest. Hope this helps you to see the different uses used. You have to know the differences and when it is applied.
Dear Diane,

It is so plain and clear what Hebrews 4 is talking about. Their is absolutely no need for secular dictionary definitions, nor any need to interject personal opinion. The context is already there and scriptural references already given - Genesis 2, Psalms 95, Exodus 16. Just follow the train of thought of the author and you will see the light of truth!
Kevin McMillen

Morgantown, WV

#18 Jul 12, 2013
BoWing wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Diane,
It is so plain and clear what Hebrews 4 is talking about. Their is absolutely no need for secular dictionary definitions, nor any need to interject personal opinion. The context is already there and scriptural references already given - Genesis 2, Psalms 95, Exodus 16. Just follow the train of thought of the author and you will see the light of truth!
They've been blinded bowing. Heb. 4 is all about why Israel didn't enter God's rest (the Promised Land). Ezekiel 20 tells why.

Because they didn't obey God's statutes and laws, or keep his Sabbaths (plural).

The word unbelief means an obstinate refusal to obey. This is exactly how Protestantism reacts to God's law, the have an obstinate refusal to obey.

I like how they refuse to see Thayers first definition of a keeping Sabbath, but look to the second, a blessed rest of toils and troubles.

What is amazing is that they refuse to see that this is exactly what the Sabbath pictures, Heaven. They talk about the eighth day, Sunday, picturing eternity, but they refuse to see God's defining of the seventh day picturing Heaven.

They are so blind.
DANNO

London, UK

#19 Jul 12, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
----------
----------
----------
Shad

When did the OLD EVERLASTING Covenant VANISHED AWAY and made obsolete?

Was it :-

1. During Jesus life?

2. On the day Jesus died?

3. After Paul's conversion?

4. Not sure?

Please tell us/readers because you come across as the EXPERT concerning the "NEW Covenant"?

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

#20 Jul 12, 2013
Shadrach wrote:
The wicked, those who use many words but no scripture
will try with all their heart to sway you away from what you have read in the New Gospel Covenant.
Ask those wicked who try to sway you with many words,telling you to keep the Ministry of Death engraved on stones, the Ten C's....ask them for one scripture, in which God commands a Christian to keep it.
God commands the Christ follower to keep 9 moral commandments of the Ministry of the Spirit 2 Cor 3:8 not the Ministry of Death 2Cor 3:6
They will NOT produce it...why? Because it does not exist, and they teach false doctrine and lie,
Shadrach

I have PRODUCED the evidence but you must have missed it. Here is the evidence again that WE ARE UNDER the PERFECT & EVERLASTING COVENANT of GOD.

ECC 12: 13 & Isaiah 24: 5 Is this good enough for you as evidence? Can you tell us if those TWO SCRIPTURE apply to you or not?

Thanx

Dan

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satan Heads the Church of Ellen White Denigration 53 min Zog Has-fallen 159
Godhead ..two in union ? 1 hr omega 36
The 7th Day: Fact and Fiction 2 hr Patriot 292
The Israeli Sabbath is a Covenant and a Festival (Oct '13) 3 hr Sitka happy 1,174
Bible Feasts 4 hr Patriot 21
Shabbot Shalum 4 hr Patriot 6
Sunday keepers? (Dec '16) 4 hr Patriot 99
Why I stayed in the SDA Church. Personal testim... 5 hr Patriot 126
Pull your children out of the Adventist Schools (Jun '09) Jun 3 SDA religion of lies 461
More from around the web