Mayday

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

So after a long long time Im going back to see my dad on occasianal weekends. I am 16 and have been brought up sda by my mum. My dad used to be sda, but I have found he no longer is.

What I am struggling with now is, on the weekends I am with him, he and his wife go into town, to the movies etc etc. How do I keep the sabbath still?? He is not someone I could explain this to, he is very much a 'father' and you 'dont argue with me'. I struggle to talk to him, and I know he wouldnt want to know about it as he thinks by mothers religion to be wrong. I have been praying about it, but I really dont know what to do. I have to go see my dad, but I want to keep the sabbath.

HELP!!
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mayday wrote:
So after a long long time Im going back to see my dad on occasianal weekends. I am 16 and have been brought up sda by my mum. My dad used to be sda, but I have found he no longer is.
What I am struggling with now is, on the weekends I am with him, he and his wife go into town, to the movies etc etc. How do I keep the sabbath still?? He is not someone I could explain this to, he is very much a 'father' and you 'dont argue with me'. I struggle to talk to him, and I know he wouldnt want to know about it as he thinks by mothers religion to be wrong. I have been praying about it, but I really dont know what to do. I have to go see my dad, but I want to keep the sabbath.
HELP!!
Try reading the bible for your answers and not listening to the blind lead the blind.

The 4th commandment says not to work. Is going to the movies working for a living? Well? Perhaps you have been brought up on the lies told by EGW and need to repent and seek real truth from the words of Jesus found in Matthew and John.

You need to respect BOTH of your parents (it's one of the commandments) and grow up.
Mayday

Thirlmere, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Firstly, I dont believe egw told lies. But our church definitely isnt one to hold to her writings rather that the bible. I will always go back to the bible. Hoever, the bible does speak of keeping the sabbath day 'holy' and its purpose is to spend time with god and in felowship wwith others. I really am not sure either, however, to me personally going to the movies and shopping is hardly a commemoration to God and a strengthening in my relationship with him. How are we meant to know?!! I dont want to do the wrong thing.
Thanks though, I will keep going back to the bible
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

Mayday wrote:
Firstly, I dont believe egw told lies. But our church definitely isnt one to hold to her writings rather that the bible. I will always go back to the bible. Hoever, the bible does speak of keeping the sabbath day 'holy' and its purpose is to spend time with god and in felowship wwith others. I really am not sure either, however, to me personally going to the movies and shopping is hardly a commemoration to God and a strengthening in my relationship with him. How are we meant to know?!! I dont want to do the wrong thing.
Jesus didn't have any TV or movie to go to, but he did go to places that the Pharisees thought were evil as Jesus participated with gentiles and such. Go ahead and read all about it in Matthew and John! Please give me ONE good reason NOT to see a movie on sabbath or even watch TV. Please.

People read books all the time, and that is reading, so lookint at a movie is the same thing but not reading.

Please read the 4th commandment in Ex. 20 very carefully and you will see that it does not say 'worship' or not being with anyone else other than like christians.

As for EGW, I am sure at 16 you have no clue as to what EGW wrote about, so don't go believeing what others say until you check it out for yourself. But be very careful with this as Jesus prophesied in Rev. 2:18-25 about such a woman who's teaching are now leading good people astray. Personally, because I have read about every word she wrote, I can testify that she was wrong (lied) about many things which have cause good people to falsly believe that Jesus could come at any time because the time of trouble happened back in 1844 or before. LOL

Therefore, your dad just may know more about all of this then he is telling you, just to be nice to you. Blessings
elijah

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

rock roller needs to chill out!

mayday- keep doing waht your doing- praying. God sees all our needs and he works on all out hearts and hes definetly still working on your dads heart! maybe your dad is upset at something and he is blaming God for it. maybe there is another reason! but dont loose faith bro!keep the sabbath and your dad will see your dedication and he will notice how God is changeing you and what a great man you are becoming. and maybe through your example your dad will get back and sort things out with God. most off all :) dont give up and stay strong

p.s. rock roller God is working on your heart as well! if this young man feels that watching movies on the sabbath is wrong i totally agree with him! if something you do that leads you away from God - it is bad. but the only way to be able to tell is through investing time with him! then you willingly will not want to do other things (watching movies,playing games, buying food...)- sabbath becomes awesome!!!
elijah

Eugene, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

p.s. sorry for all the spelling errors lol, just noticed
birdman

Charleston, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

elijah wrote:
if this young man feels that watching movies on the sabbath is wrong i totally agree with him! if something you do that leads you away from God - it is bad. but the only way to be able to tell is through investing time with him! then you willingly will not want to do other things (watching movies,playing games, buying food...)- sabbath becomes awesome!!!
Good advice but RR is right in a sense, everyone MUST decide for oneself what they are to do.

Listening to others is NOT the WAY.
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Mayday wrote:
Didn't Jesus walk thru some FARM fields on the SABBATH day and pluck corn? Some accused him of breaking the SABBATH for doing what he did!

He also walked the streets on the SABBATH and talked to people and witnessed. Perhaps you can to the same thing and witness when you are not in church on the SABBATH.
EGW said it's wrong to play with your children on the SABBATH DAY! Would Jesus say that?

Would you like me to point out some of EGW lies and spiritual lies and also add the refences?

Blessings

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

elijah wrote:
p.s. sorry for all the spelling errors lol, just noticed
Only the hypocrites worry about spillings!
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

elijah wrote:
mayday- keep doing waht your doing- praying. God sees all our needs and he works on all out hearts and hes definetly still working on your dads heart! maybe your dad is upset at something and he is blaming God for it. maybe there is another reason! but dont loose faith bro!keep the sabbath and your dad will see your dedication and he will notice how God is changeing you and what a great man you are becoming. and maybe through your example your dad will get back and sort things out with God. most off all :) dont give up and stay strong
p.s. rock roller God is working on your heart as well! if this young man feels that watching movies on the sabbath is wrong i totally agree with him! if something you do that leads you away from God - it is bad. but the only way to be able to tell is through investing time with him! then you willingly will not want to do other things (watching movies,playing games, buying food...)- sabbath becomes awesome!!!
Do you do the following during Sabbath hours?

Do you play with your kids?

Do you allow your kids to play in the park or with toys at home?

Do you watch TV on Sabbath?

Do you allow your kids to see children stuff on tv?

Do you shop?

do you use your computer?
Mayday

South Yarra, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Im not sure why such a big attack on egw here?! I am not hounering her, but God! Thankyou for the advice, however, I believe God gave us the sabbath to spend time with him, not to spend as we would any day doing our own thing. I have no problem being with family, going for walks etc. I just find there is such a different atmosphere about the day when I spend it this way with god :)
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Mayday wrote:
Im not sure why such a big attack on egw here?! I am not hounering her, but God! Thankyou for the advice, however, I believe God gave us the sabbath to spend time with him, not to spend as we would any day doing our own thing. I have no problem being with family, going for walks etc. I just find there is such a different atmosphere about the day when I spend it this way with god :)
We do not attack EGW! We REJECT her writings because we have found them to contain LIES on GOD, JESUS, Moses and on Spiritual truth.

Do you wish for us to point out her lies to you? yes or no

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

elijah wrote:
Have you been to Airports or on planes during SABBATH HOURS on on the BEACH or on holidays or resorts or skiing ??

Dan
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

or on a cruise during Sabbath hours?

Dan
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Mayday wrote:
Really? So how does one spend time with God? Is this your idea or did you get this from some place?

R U saying that if one watches a movie on Sabbath that he is not speding time with God? Please don't be a Pharisee--if you get the picture!
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

elijah wrote:
Give me one good reason for 'chilin'? come on man, spit it out!

Answer this dude, how do YOU keep the Sabbath? And why?
yoyo

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Mayday wrote:
Mayday>>>>

Religious forums including this one have mostly carnal churchian criminals who are in need of mental therapy support, a good diet and a good spanking.

The sabbath is very important, just remember what Jesus did on it..he didn't just go to church and then take sleeping pills to ride out the rest of the day.

Earth is a penal colony of LAW trashing, GOD hating, TRUTH trampling criminally insane rebels. And that can include all of us, even your parents.

Your parents need prayer and to be decriminalized like all humans.
Rockroller

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayday>>>>
Religious forums including this one have mostly carnal churchian criminals who are in need of mental therapy support, a good diet and a good spanking.
The sabbath is very important, just remember what Jesus did on it..he didn't just go to church and then take sleeping pills to ride out the rest of the day.
Earth is a penal colony of LAW trashing, GOD hating, TRUTH trampling criminally insane rebels. And that can include all of us, even your parents.
yoyo, how do you keep the Sabbath? Do buy things and listen to music, radio or tv? Do you ever talk on the phone? Do you get on your computer? Please help us out here--thanks.
DANNO

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

yoyo wrote:
<quoted text>
Mayday>>>>
Yo

Plz tell us how you spend your SABBATH hours?

Thanx for sharing.

Dan
yoyo

La Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

I do what Jesus did>>>>>> > chew out Pharisees

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Seventh-day Adventist Forum right now

Search the Seventh-day Adventist Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ten Commandments were not given to Adam and Eve (Jul '13) 2 min Shadrach 2,319
The FIRST time a Sabbath was made Known (Jan '14) 19 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 1,729
The Cleansing of the Heavenly Sanctuary. 20 min Shadrach 53
Fred Coulter on stage TopixSDA .... 28 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 25
MANY SDA's believe WEDNESDAY Crucifixion, WHY? (Feb '11) 40 min Gerhard Ebersoehn 2,996
Was Mrs.White Right or Wrong? 1 hr Jesus Christ Is My Lord 90
...The number OF A MAN 1 hr Earburner 204
I resigned my SDA CULT membership, now I am fre... 2 hr DANNO 143
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••