UK Teacher Who Told Students That Gays Are 'Disgusting' Loses Court Battle

Apr 15, 2013 Full story: On Top Magazine 688

Haye, a Seventh-day Adventist, lost his job at Deptford Green School in Lewisham, south-east London, in 2010 after a compliant by a teaching assistant triggered an investigation.

Read more
First Prev
of 35
Next Last
Dennis Fischer

Lincoln, NE

#1 Apr 15, 2013
At first glance, I felt very compassionate and concerned about the Seventh-day Adventist teacher in the UK who was fired for expressing his religious views with his public school students. Then when I read that he also told his students that those who worship on Sunday can only be serving the Devil, I lost my compassion and concern for his fate. He certainly had a severe lack of kindness, sensitivity, and discretion when teaching students from diverse backgrounds. He belongs in a cult school, not a public school.

Dennis Fischer
Blog: http://notesfromdennisfischer.blogspot.com
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#2 Apr 15, 2013
What ever happen to FREEDOM of religion & freedom of SPEech ?

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#3 Apr 15, 2013
Dennis Fischer wrote:
At first glance, I felt very compassionate and concerned about the Seventh-day Adventist teacher in the UK who was fired for expressing his religious views with his public school students. Then when I read that he also told his students that those who worship on Sunday can only be serving the Devil, I lost my compassion and concern for his fate. He certainly had a severe lack of kindness, sensitivity, and discretion when teaching students from diverse backgrounds. He belongs in a cult school, not a public school.
Dennis Fischer
I SO agree, Dennis! I believe Jesus says we should hate the sin, but LOVE the sinner (He did!).

“Home Among the Gum Trees”

Since: Mar 13

The World

#4 Apr 15, 2013
Dennis Fischer wrote:
Dennis Fischer
He sounds like a typical SDA who has been brainwashed to hate. I don't think either of those messages would have been out of place when I grew up in the Church.

There was even a sermon when I was a kid, that HIV was divine retribution on them; he even used the text from Romans.

Romans 1:27
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

So all I can say is that he'll probably end up teaching in one of the SDA schools over there. God help the poor little brats, "cult schools" is accurate.

“Home Among the Gum Trees”

Since: Mar 13

The World

#5 Apr 15, 2013
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>I SO agree, Dennis! I believe Jesus says we should hate the sin, but LOVE the sinner (He did!).
Well the Bible does say "thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". There's no fineprint that says they must be a straight, married couple.
pen name

UK

#6 Apr 17, 2013
Dennis Fischer wrote:
He belongs in a cult school, not a public school.
Dennis Fischer

By public school you mean the state school that denies God? Where would Jesus be?

What the teacher said was in line with the Bible, and if the students were asking questions they were answered.
pen name

UK

#7 Apr 17, 2013
Koala_Gums wrote:
He sounds like a typical SDA who has been brainwashed to hate. I don't think either of those messages would have been out of place when I grew up in the Church.
There was even a sermon when I was a kid, that HIV was divine retribution on them; he even used the text from Romans.
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
So all I can say is that he'll probably end up teaching in one of the SDA schools over there. God help the poor little brats, "cult schools" is accurate.

Repeating what the Bible says is hate according to you?

Nobody following the Bible is in a cult.

Indeed the hiv is a lifestyle disease.
pen name

UK

#8 Apr 17, 2013
Koala_Gums wrote:
Well the Bible does say "thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself". There's no fineprint that says they must be a straight, married couple.

By telling the children about the Bible and God the teacher was loving his neighbor.
pen name

UK

#9 Apr 17, 2013
It is wonderful it was an SDA who told them all that the homosexuals were disgusting and a sin.

You internet people siding with the beast state have its mark and God knows who you are.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#10 Apr 17, 2013
Koala_Gums wrote:
He sounds like a typical SDA who has been brainwashed to hate....

Do you put the Apostle Paul in the same category?
Ce que je pense

Québec, Canada

#12 Apr 19, 2013
pen name wrote:
By telling the children about the Bible and God the teacher was loving his neighbor.
Then the teacher should have also told them about the Quoran, Buddha,etc. There is more than one deity that people believe in.

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#14 Apr 19, 2013
Prophet of Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you do not accept me as a prophet of God?
Nobody does, so get over yourself!
Pioneer

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Apr 19, 2013
Koala_Gums wrote:
<quoted text>
1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God,[even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

KoalaGums has Pyorrhea She surely stands on the side of unrighteousness. KG is against Jesus Christ, and God SEE's!

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God,[even] thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Pioneer

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Apr 19, 2013
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the teacher should have also told them about the Quoran, Buddha,etc. There is more than one deity that people believe in.
People can believe in whatever false gods that they wish to worship and believe in . Just because people believe in Baal doesn't mean they are the true GOD's. No Christian will ever teach anyone about false gods or false deities, just because they people think they are real does not make them real and a Follower of the true Gods does not teach falsehood.

Thus shall ye say unto them,

The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth,

[even] they shall perish from the earth,

and from under these heavens.

4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.
Lay Worker

Yea, Australia

#19 Apr 19, 2013
Dennis Fischer wrote:
Dennis Fischer
No Bible
Lay Worker

Yea, Australia

#20 Apr 19, 2013
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh thats just great advice aint it

and what do those books deities say about S&G

try harder CQDKHD
Pioneer

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Apr 19, 2013
Koala_Gums wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD BIBLE SCRIPTURE GODS WORS TELLS IT LIKE IT IS IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TRUTH.. Since KoalaGums doesn't believe in the Bible she would hate this scripture she is wicked the Bible is truth...

In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another.

Men committed shameful acts

with other men,

and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Absolutely the curse and wrath of God. God wants all to be saved but they have to turn from such SIN and Wickedness acting Homosexuals who commit such SIN and do not turn from it will be lost the Bible is clear on this.

AND since Koala Gums does not believe she has to tell them to turn from their sins then their sins are her sins to bad!

Koala Gums think on this... 10:18 He that hideth hatred [with] lying lips, and he that uttereth a slander,[is] a fool.
Pioneer

United States

#22 Apr 19, 2013
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>
So states the self proclaimed God hating ATHEIST.
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#23 Apr 19, 2013
Same sex marriage is WRONG.
But if the live together they should have the same rights according to WELFARE LAW.
Lay Worker

Yea, Australia

#24 Apr 19, 2013
Robert Two wrote:
Same sex marriage is WRONG.
But if the live together they should have the same rights according to WELFARE LAW.
No Bible -try harder

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CAN Investigative Judgment be PROVEN (Jan '12) 4 min Shane Rohrich 2,840
That Man of Sin is Among Us 8 min Shane Rohrich 126
News The Consequences of Atheism 13 min 10commandments 1,148
TWO LAWS by Gill/ Law of Moses the Ten C's and... 24 min 10commandments 14
False Prophet Jeanine Sautron (Nov '08) 40 min TruthOasis 403
EXAMPLE of one in a CULT 1 hr DANNO 744
MASTER PIECE BY Profesor SHADRACH 1 hr DANNO 3
Today at SDA Sabbath Service 3/28 10 hr Gerhard Ebersoehn 70
More from around the web