EGW was a fraud!

Since: Nov 11

United States

#3151 Dec 7, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>MJ, MJ, MJ

It obviously apparently you haven't thought this out.

As long as there is tests in school their will be prayer, and by the way Government schools are optional.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that a genius has its limited, stupidity has no limits."
Why Adventists adore Hillary Clinton if they so defend separation of Church and State?

You seem not familiar with Adventist's militant efforts to remove any mention of God in the government under the pretext of religious freedom!

Here is just one example of many, where Adventists work hard to remove any mention of God in public schools.

http://outlookmag.org/constituency-preserving...

Constituency: Preserving Separation of Church and State
Mar 10th, 2011 @ 04:21 pm

By Darrell Huenergardt, coordinator of public affairs and religious liberty matters for the Mid-America Union

Why is the principle of separation of church and state important to Seventh-day Adventists? Consider the case of Santa Fe Independent School District, one of the key decisions by the United States Supreme Court. This case dealt with school-sponsored prayer in Galveston, Texas, which is 90 percent Caucasian and mostly Baptist. Aside from the core of the court decision, it is interesting to notice that a fourth grade public school class was not allowed to go to lunch until all students participated in a Christian prayer. Teachers were also encouraged to invite students to Baptist revival meetings.

The church-state fusion popular in Galveston is, unfortunately, the common result when members of a belief system feel empowered to determine orthodox beliefs for the community. We as Seventh-day Adventist Christians should be sensitive to the religious beliefs of all people, whether they recognize God or deny Him, and whether or not they condone activities condemned in Scripture. I grew up believing the statement that no Adventist would support a law requiring worship on the seventh day, but in the past several years it has become popular among some church members and leaders to support other laws dealing with religious beliefs or activities.

The writings of Ellen White say much in support of separating church and state. One of her more pointed statements is in The Great Controversy (p. 297):

[quote]“Thus again was demonstrated the evil results ... of attempting to build up the church by the aid of the State, of appealing to the secular power in support of the gospel of him who declared ‘My kingdom is not of this world.’ The union of the church with the State, be the degree ever so slight, while it may appear to bring the world nearer the church, does in reality but bring the church nearer to the world.”[/quote]

Freedom to choose religious beliefs is a sacred gift given to all by God. We as Seventh-day Adventists must understand religious liberty afforded by the gospel and beware of advancing any religious belief through the power of government. Christianity is not merely following a set of rules dealing with outward activities; rather, it is an inward decision motivated by love. No government can make love happen.

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#3152 Dec 7, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, am I about to agree with blackberry? C'mon Grammy you have to be better than this. How's the old saying go? If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! From your previous posts you seem like a very well read lady. Don't fail me now.
Joanne is a very nice lady.She most likely has not seen your posts. She wouldn't ignore you on purpose,unless your being incredibly mean to her..Even then, she still has the courtesy to address your posts.

United States

#3153 Dec 7, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense! And yet another foolish and not well researched statement made by MJ.

Ellen White health statements are far superior and have been verifiable more so by modern medical science than any of the previous health reformers of her day. This would include Kellogg who came up afterward and had access to all the other health reformer's work as well as Ellen's.

An apple to apples comparsion show that medical modern science only rated Kellogg's health statements as being an embarassing 45% verifiable compare that to Ellen's White book Spiritual Gifts 96% or Ministry of Healing 87% or her other numerous health "what" statements 78%.

I recommend you read and research the cold hard statistic facts found in the Acquired or Inspired by Dr. Don S. Mahon.
Your bias research statement are just that "bias research statements". I can go to the White Estate page and read same conclusions. Of course the Mormons will show intelligently that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and any opinion against it will be refuted with their own little facts, which we know are bias and therefore GARBAGE!!!

Jehovah Witness have faces that show beyond any doubt that THEY have the truth.

Same with the Catholics!

So any bias "facts" or numbers you thrown are garbage devoid of reality!!!

Many more people are realizing that your virgin Mary Ellen White was a fraud!!!

I know it hurst and you rather hide your head in the sand but facts are facts!!!

I was an Adventist so I know!!!

She was zulu loco crazy kookoo!!! That stone on her face did serious damage to her brain and you follow her!!!

Which prophet of God started having visions and hearing voices after a blow to their head?
Rockroller

AOL

#3154 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely! You CANNOT use the words of someone (anyone) to prove that the person's words are true. Proof of their veracity must come form another source. In other words, you cannot use Mrs. White's own words to prove that her writings are true. It only stands to reason.
WOW! YOU hit on this yourself??? I have been saying this for ever on this blog--now U come along and pronounce this absolute truth? Thanks Granny, NOW--why don't you use it on Paul? Huh? Why don't you use it on ALL others who you believe to be your gods?

There is not ONE witness for Paul's alleged story(s), all three of them, to prove what Paul said was the truth! Go fish???

United States

#3155 Dec 7, 2012
QuackKelloggWasaCornFLAKE wrote:
tim & martinezjosei and shadrach win the awards for biggest nutcases on the forum
If we're to beLIEve 'doctor' Kellogg then obviously the craziness of these 3 trolls here was the result of masturbation pppffffffffftttttt!
You are partially correct!!!

Based on Ellen White's corrupted plagiarism from Dr, Jackson after she visited his hospital for one of her sons, masturbation causes dementia!!!

The only little problem is that scientific research had proven her wrong, embarrassingly wrong, but many will still follow her!!!

Also wigs cause dementia!!!

God said so!!!

God was so busy in heaven that He took few minutes to tell Ellen White that wigs causes dementia.

Embarrassed Adventists realizing the absurdity of such statement came running to get rescue, as always, and devised a "itch till I am crazy" explanation from some invented anecdote on some remote island!!!

As if God were so concerned about itching!!!

United States

#3156 Dec 7, 2012
jimo wrote:
<quoted text>Canwright was an unstable preacher , like a lot of others who could not get their own way . Australia is one of the havens for anti-SDA rhetoric . By the way I believe that Ellan White was a messenger of God , like you know a Prophetess .
God was so busy in heaven that He took few minutes to tell Ellen White that wigs causes dementia.

Embarrassed Adventists realizing the absurdity of such statement came running to her rescue, as always, and devised a "itch till I am crazy" explanation from some invented anecdote on some remote island!!!

As if God were so concerned about itching!!!

United States

#3157 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>So to condense what you're saying - you believe it's OK to copy material and then claim you received it directly from God in a vision?
Grammy, let me show you the Adventist explanation:

She did not plagiarized anything cause it was legal to plagiarize back then. So she only copied from authors and that honored them by claiming their writings came from God!!

Get it?

Read it again slowly and see their confusion!!!

United States

#3158 Dec 7, 2012
Ce que je pense wrote:
<quoted text>No surprise at all... when millions upon millions of christians sit comfortably in their warm, luxurious homes thinking that "every ear" will hear "the good news"...
... while doing nothing to promote Jesus' message of salvation.

Because, how can people "confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom 10:9 if they haven't heard the story of salvation?

ROFLMAO at the evidence that christians are promoting God's message.
Apathy!

United States

#3159 Dec 7, 2012
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text>We know--this is why you must repent and seek real truth--the words of Jesus. Try it ONCE in your life! For the record, I am a Jesus and Jesus Christ supporter ONLY!
So you are not an Ellen White supported but a Jesus supported?

But she is the light needed to illuminate our way to salvation!!! No light we are lost!!!

Yes, God's word is the real only light but we need a little light to take us to the big light cause the big light is not bright enough to shine our way to him so He send a lower light to help is find the bigger light!!!

Get it?

And if you reject the lower light then you are condemned because that lower light is the Holy Spirit, the third head of the three headed god they worship!!!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#3160 Dec 7, 2012
The Word is sufficient but the Lord sent the Testimonies because we have not studied the Word the way we should. If the Lord saw the need to send Testimonies to magnify His word and to make it honorable it is because there was a need for it. Why would anyone despise light coming directly from the Throne of God?

From Selected Messages, vol.1:

"When you find men questioning the testimonies, finding fault with them, and seeking to draw away the people from their influence, BE ASSURED THAT GOD IS NOT AT WORK WITH THEM. It is another spirit. Doubt and unbelief are cherished by those who do not walk circumspectly. They have a painful consciousness that their life will not abide the test of the Spirit of God, whether speaking through His Word or through the testimonies of His Spirit that would bring them to His Word. Instead of beginning with their own hearts, and coming into harmony with the pure principles of the gospel, they find fault, and condemn the VERY MEANS that God has chosen to fit up a people to stand in the day of God." 45

"I have written many books, and they have been given a wide circulation. Of myself I could not have brought out the truth in these books, but the Lord has given me the help of His Holy Spirit. These books, giving the instruction tha the Lord has given me during the past sixty years, contain LIGHT FROM HEAVEN, and will bear the test of investigation." 35

"... In the testimonies I bear, I am presenting to you that which the Lord has presented to me. I do not write one article in the paper, expressing my own ideas. They are what God has opened before me in vision--THE PRECIOUS RAYS OF LIGHT SHINING FROM THE THRONE." 27.

For the last 35 years I have been studying the Bible and the Testimonies and I concur that these testimonies are indeed those of the Spirit of our precious Redeemer shining from the Throne.

sky

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#3161 Dec 7, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I've noticed you called me jers. At one point you were 61 now you're 70? I keep track of you. Which is it? I'm just wondering. On this forum people post all kind of lies.
I've never said I'm 61. I am 70, this past May. Show me where I stated I was 61. If I did that, it was a typo!

Pacific Northwest USA

#3162 Dec 7, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
<quoted text> JESUS borrow the words of KING DAVID and never ever said it was KING DAVID's words.
Robert, now listen carefully (watch my lips!)... Giving credit to the author is not the real issue here! The problem is using someone else's material (i.e. writings) claiming that that information was revealed to you by divine inspiration in a vision from God.
Lay Worker

Myrtleford, Australia

#3163 Dec 7, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
!!!
Where in the Writings?

Pacific Northwest USA

#3164 Dec 7, 2012
Correction: I HAVE actually claimed to be 61, but that was 9 years ago!(Ha ha!)

Pacific Northwest USA

#3165 Dec 7, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed that you' are not easily offended. You're making me wonder if you are a real person or not. Maybe you're a pawn in this forum. Playing along just to keep the peace. You have ignored a few posts asking for your support. What's your deal?
I assure I'm the real thing, but am totally and completely secure in Jesus - no room for insecurity. Thus, I am not easily offended!

Pacific Northwest USA

#3166 Dec 7, 2012
Rockroller wrote:
<quoted text> WOW! YOU hit on this yourself??? I have been saying this for ever on this blog--now U come along and pronounce this absolute truth? Thanks Granny, NOW--why don't you use it on Paul? Huh? Why don't you use it on ALL others who you believe to be your gods?
There is not ONE witness for Paul's alleged story(s), all three of them, to prove what Paul said was the truth! Go fish???
Because Paul was the Real Deal, and EGW was NOT! God chose Paul and saw fit that his writings were included in His Holy Word. For me... end of story, since I believe in a fully sovereign God!

Pacific Northwest USA

#3167 Dec 7, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Grammy, let me show you the Adventist explanation:
She did not plagiarized anything cause it was legal to plagiarize back then. So she only copied from authors and that honored them by claiming their writings came from God!!
Get it?
Read it again slowly and see their confusion!!!
Thanks, MJ - I figured that out a LONG time ago!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3168 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Robert, now listen carefully (watch my lips!)... Giving credit to the author is not the real issue here! The problem is using someone else's material (i.e. writings) claiming that that information was revealed to you by divine inspiration in a vision from God.
YS, you are so completely right about your statement.

Pacific Northwest USA

#3169 Dec 7, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, am I about to agree with blackberry? C'mon Grammy you have to be better than this. How's the old saying go? If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! From your previous posts you seem like a very well read lady. Don't fail me now.
There are SO MANY active threads that I some posts addressed to me might have been inadvertently missed. Sorry!

Pacific Northwest USA

#3170 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
Correction: I HAVE actually claimed to be 61, but that was 9 years ago!(Ha ha!)
What I meant to say is that the "claim" was stated when I was actually 61 - get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Have Never Seen Anything like This... (2017-... 20 min Earburner 203
Do you think that there can ever be a time 28 min Earburner 5
A disrespectful Church of Christ 8 hr KSH 32
Where is an IJ in this Rom. 8:1 8 hr 10commandments 850
Ellen White's "Food for Worms" Vision 10 hr Eyeswideopen 44
country living (Apr '07) 10 hr unity7 5
Happy Sabbath! 11 hr KSH 292
More from around the web