Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#3131 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus, NOT the law, revealed the true character of God! The law reveals sin, which is NOT the character of God!!!
"Honor thy Father and Mother" is sin? Or is it the revelation of the love of God in children for their parents?

Since: Aug 10

Pacific Northwest USA

#3132 Dec 6, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
"Honor thy Father and Mother" is sin? Or is it the revelation of the love of God in children for their parents?
You already know the answer: Dishonoring your father and mother would not fall within the boundaries of the Law of Love as spoken by Jesus himself, therefore it is sin. If you love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself, you will not want to dishonor your parents.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#3133 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>You already know the answer: Dishonoring your father and mother would not fall within the boundaries of the Law of Love as spoken by Jesus himself, therefore it is sin. If you love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself, you will not want to dishonor your parents.
Therefore the LAW is just and good and perfect, expressing the TRUE will of God.

Grams, why do you despise the will of God for you?
jimo

Molalla, OR

#3134 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus, NOT the law, revealed the true character of God! The law reveals sin, which is NOT the character of God!!!

Sorry , but it's the character of God , the Father , The Son , and the Holy Spirit , they are truth as what they wrote and say is is thruth , that is Their character . The law is truth .
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3135 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>You already know the answer: Dishonoring your father and mother would not fall within the boundaries of the Law of Love as spoken by Jesus himself, therefore it is sin. If you love God supremely and your neighbor as yourself, you will not want to dishonor your parents.
Hey Grammy, it's jersey. I'm just checking in on you. I've posted you re:another topic , bug you haven't replied. I see you've replied on this thread so I'm just wondering if I've offended you some how of if you just haven't seen my post? Just wondering, us brothers & sisters have to stick together.

Pacific Northwest USA

#3136 Dec 6, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Grammy, it's jersey. I'm just checking in on you. I've posted you re:another topic , bug you haven't replied. I see you've replied on this thread so I'm just wondering if I've offended you some how of if you just haven't seen my post? Just wondering, us brothers & sisters have to stick together.
No problems - I probably didn't see it. What's the thread title, I'll go look for it.
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3137 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>No problems - I probably didn't see it. What's the thread title, I'll go look for it.
Granny Matt 24:40-42

Pacific Northwest USA

#3138 Dec 6, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jers, I went there and looked, but didn't find anything you had specifically addressed to me. Do you recall what you asked or posted?

Pacific Northwest USA

#3139 Dec 6, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
And you need to know, I'm not all that easily offended, so all is well!
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3140 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jers, I went there and looked, but didn't find anything you had specifically addressed to me. Do you recall what you asked or posted?
Well, my specific question was, did you start that topic? If not than never mind.
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3141 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>And you need to know, I'm not all that easily offended, so all is well!
I have noticed that you' are not easily offended. You're making me wonder if you are a real person or not. Maybe you're a pawn in this forum. Playing along just to keep the peace. You have ignored a few posts asking for your support. What's your deal?
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3142 Dec 6, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jers, I went there and looked, but didn't find anything you had specifically addressed to me. Do you recall what you asked or posted?
Wow, I've noticed you called me jers. At one point you were 61 now you're 70? I keep track of you. Which is it? I'm just wondering. On this forum people post all kind of lies.
Blackberry

Brampton, Canada

#3143 Dec 6, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I've noticed you called me jers. At one point you were 61 now you're 70? I keep track of you. Which is it? I'm just wondering. On this forum people post all kind of lies.
Grams has one foot in hell. I'm trying my best to pull it out but it's stuck really fast.
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3144 Dec 6, 2012
Blackberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Grams has one foot in hell. I'm trying my best to pull it out but it's stuck really fast.
Wow, am I about to agree with blackberry? C'mon Grammy you have to be better than this. How's the old saying go? If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! From your previous posts you seem like a very well read lady. Don't fail me now.
Robert Two

Adelaide, Australia

#3145 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>But Jesus was not quoting him to prove something David wrote to be truth! You're totally missing the point, Robert. We aren't talking about quoting someone, we're talking about using someone's OWN writings to prove the overall veracity of that author's writings. Cannot be done with ANY accuracy. You can't prove something is true from ITSELF!
JESUS borrow the words of KING DAVID and never ever said it was KING DAVID's words.
Jersey

Cape Coral, FL

#3146 Dec 7, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
<quoted text> JESUS borrow the words of KING DAVID and never ever said it was KING DAVID's words.
Robert, Grammy won't answer me, but I will admit I believe you're wrong. EGW borrowed other people's writings & claimed it was inspired from God. That is just a shame. You have to admit that her claiming they were inspired by God is wrong. Was she a great writer? Yes, but her writings were not inspired by God. Was her inspiration the Word of God? Yes, but she was not inspired by God. Did she believe she had the Holy Spirit in her? Yes, but the Holy Spirit would not mislead her to prophesy so many false prophecies. Did she believe in God? Yes, but God does not wang us believing in her writings, just his word & the one he sent. So my point, EGW IS WRONG! God bless you brother.
Lay Worker

Yea, Australia

#3147 Dec 7, 2012
Jersey wrote:
<quoted text>
Robert, Grammy won't answer me, but I will admit I believe you're wrong. EGW borrowed other people's writings & claimed it was inspired from God. That is just a shame. You have to admit that her claiming they were inspired by God is wrong. Was she a great writer? Yes, but her writings were not inspired by God. Was her inspiration the Word of God? Yes, but she was not inspired by God. Did she believe she had the Holy Spirit in her? Yes, but the Holy Spirit would not mislead her to prophesy so many false prophecies. Did she believe in God? Yes, but God does not wang us believing in her writings, just his word & the one he sent. So my point, EGW IS WRONG! God bless you brother.
jersey cow is entirely wrong and unhelpful to any SDA

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#3148 Dec 7, 2012
GrammyJoanne wrote:
<quoted text>Another must-read is Chapter II in D.M. Canright's book ( http://www.bible.ca/7-Seventh-day-Adventism-R... ) where he (who knew James & Ellen White PERSONALLY and interacted with them on a regular basis) describes his observations of EGW's personality. She was a domineering, controlling "B," NOT the saintly little God-fearing woman presented in Adventism! Veddy interesting reading in light of the various discussions here!!
Interestingly Dr. Kellogg, her personal physician who followed her around and witnessed many of her "epileptic-visions" said similar things about her AND concluded she suffered of some unknown brain-neurological-muscular syndrome.

Today we know that she suffered of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

United States

#3149 Dec 7, 2012
Robert Two wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure how to take this ?
The SDA printed EGW books do point to the POPE as ANTICHRIST or 666. But the SDA CHURCH bow to the POPE and give him gifts.
If talling the TRUTH is PARAMOUNT then so be it.
They also bow to Allah facing a black stone in Mecca.

United States

#3150 Dec 7, 2012
jimo wrote:
<quoted text>That's not what I said , there was no law or rules at that time , nobody compained , no did they care , but incouraged others to share Gods word . Example , Harvey Kellogg of the cereal had aperson working with him , his name was Post . A worker told Kellogg that mr Post was copying the recipes . Mr Kelloggs reply was , thats alright , We need more health food suppliers .
I think we Christians today need to practice what they had back then . Instead we yell thief , but back there they said spread the message . Granny you need to stop attacking others , thinking the Lord approves of what you are doing .
Ok to copy WITH PERMISSION but to claim it came from God.

First Adventist vehemently declared that she never copied from no one. Then once it was discovered that she did on fact copier from others then Adventists said that was ok back then people did want their work copied it was an honor to be copied. but that once it was found no credit was given and false credit to Ellen White was given in some cases, pure theft of material, then Adventists say that she was just human and needed to get ideas/help from others work as previous prophets and disciples had done for centuries.

See?

No matter the facts, Adventists will remain blind.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." Benjamin Franklin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Israeli Sabbath was NOT made for mankind / ... 41 min Earburner 558
Is the Harlot of Revelation 17 Rome? 53 min birdman 91
Messiah's Genealogy of Matthew 1 54 min _simon_ 10
mainline SDAs, what about the 1335,and the 1290... (Feb '12) 1 hr Shane Rohrich 454
Can UNREPENTED GAYS enter the KOG ? 1 hr Shane Rohrich 6
CAN Investigative Judgment be PROVEN (Jan '12) 1 hr Exodus771 2,985
Catholic Christians are being beheaded 2 hr Shane Rohrich 22
1st Thessalonians 4:14 2 hr Shane Rohrich 44
EXAMPLE of one in a CULT 4 hr 10commandments 1,867
Defintion of a Sabbath Day 9 hr Eyeswideopenh 439
More from around the web