Do any SDA seminary professors teach ...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
birdman

Arthur, IL

#21 Apr 30, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>
I have yet to find it neither, my friend.
A few SDA members or posers need to be carefully about placing the writings of Ellen White above the scriptures.
Ellen counsels the church that the scriptures are the infallible final authority.
"Before accepting ANY doctrine as percept, we should demand a PLAIN "thus saith the Lord" GC p. 595
Correct, but there are some on here that calls me a subversive and other things for that same saying.
Doug SDA

Denver, CO

#22 Apr 30, 2012
Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that [is] written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:10-14; 27

Ye stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which showed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. Acts 7:51-59

The blessing of Israel was conditional.

Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Deut 7:9-10

Israel has been rejected because they rejected the Holy Spirit, rejected Christ, and have not kept the law.
Doug SDA

Denver, CO

#23 Apr 30, 2012
I didn't mean to post #21 here.

As long as you have freedom of choice you will be able to sin.

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.(Therefore)
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. Hebrews 13:8-9

When you are born again you are making a choice not to sin.

As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John 1:12-13

How much faith does it take?“As the grain of a mustard seed.”

“I am the LORD that doth sanctify you”

“My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.”

“THE NAME OF THE LORD ““The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin,

If now I have found grace in thy sight, O Lord, let my Lord, I pray thee, go among us….; and pardon our iniquity and our sin, and take us for thine inheritance.(God) said, I make a covenant: before (with) all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.“

“Now the God of peace,….through the blood of the everlasting covenant, Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.”

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,“

“The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
And (YOU) shall PUT MY NAME UPON (YOU); and I will bless (YOU).“

Exodus 31:13; 33:14; 34:6-10; Hebrews 13:20-21; Jude 1:24; Numbers 6:24-27

yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#24 May 1, 2012
Most in SDA church choose Barabbas and crucify Jesus.
They are cursed.

1Pet.4
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

There is a difference between holiness, perfection, human deficiency and cessation from sin.

Apples and oranges all of you gainsaying churchians who hate righteousness and love iniquity.

You are sick on Babylon Booze, Doctrinal Dope and religious Roadkill
yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#25 May 1, 2012
I have contempt on disgusting SDA pastors/teachers who wave the flag of surrender to SATAN.

They are cursed, but what is tragic is their pew warming parrots are cursed too.
Jesus pukes them out of His mouth.
birdman

Arthur, IL

#26 May 1, 2012
yoyo wrote:
Most in SDA church choose Barabbas and crucify Jesus.
They are cursed.
1Pet.4
[1] Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
There is a difference between holiness, perfection, human deficiency and cessation from sin.
Apples and oranges all of you gainsaying churchians who hate righteousness and love iniquity.
You are sick on Babylon Booze, Doctrinal Dope and religious Roadkill
from your garbage I see nothing or proof of what you post.

It seems all you do is mouth off.
humblepie

Goulburn, Australia

#27 May 3, 2012
A Voice In The Wilderness wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that most of professors in our seminaries and universities are Jesuits, I would say 'No', they do not teach this.
The Infiltration is rampant
birdman

Arthur, IL

#28 May 6, 2012
humblepie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Infiltration is rampant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =aqCOsGcBotcXX
The reason is; many today are letting MAN quide them instead of the HOLY SPIRIT.

One can see that even on here; on the many subjects that are posted.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#30 May 6, 2012
Every Christian is asked to work toward the high calling of his faith, daily claiming the promise that God will fill his every need to do this and keep him from every temptation.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." 2 Corinthians 7:1

While the true Christian may never find himself perfect when he passes into the grave to await the return of his Lord, he can have the assurance right now that at every stage of spiritual growth he is seen as perfect in the eyes of the Father. The seed of corn when placed in the ground appears to be dead to the world, but it is perfect in that stage of it's new life. So is the tender blade that first springs forth from the sod; while it bears no ripe ears of corn the farmer sees it as perfect and right where it needs to be at this stage in it's life.

"For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear." Mark 4:28

Just as the farmer views the young sprout of corn in his field perfect your Jesus views you as perfect if you are living up to the light you have been given.

If you are not and have fallen, take heart because Jesus has promised that he is in heaven right now as your intercessor, every willing to forgive you when you have fallen short and to help you back up.

Jesus desires to will and do his good pleasure in you if you will but ask; he is standing at the door of your heart right now asking to come in and help you be all he wants you to be. He is more than able if you would but surrender.

Since: Jan 11

Jackson, TN

#31 May 9, 2012
"Christ is called the second Adam. In purity and holiness, connected with god and beloved by God. HEbegan where the first Adam begun. Willingily He passed over the ground where Adam fell, and redeemed Adam failure. SDA bibe commentary 7A p.650

God must be vindicated for creating man with a sinless nature, for it was in THIS NATURE that man was overcome.

James 1:13 "God cannot be tempted with evil..."

Christ on earth was fully human and fully God. Because Christ's nature was sinless, as was Adam's nature when he was created, and Christ's divine nature was God's nature, there was COMPLETE harmony between HIs two natures.

Satan could not get Christ to do something that He hated which was SIN. It should be understood that selfishness can be manifasted in pride by obeying your own will.

We see this is how the rebellious angel begin to include our first parents.

Satan appealed more to Christ's Divinity for his temptations. Christ was constantly tempted to do even the good things He did by using His own power. For Christ incarnated was God in the flesh. 1 Tim. 3:16

Jackson, TN

#32 May 9, 2012
Friends,

Earlier on this thread I had asked the question.

Layworker our apostate friend, tuck tail and ran from this pointed question.

"IF Christ had or carnal or sinful nature then what nature does He have now?"

Scriptures tells us this same Jesus shall return. The same today, tomorrow and forever. It is for this reason why HE continues to be called the SON of Man.

Ellen's writings also gives us some insight reinforcing what scriptures have already stated.

"To assure us of His immutable consel of peace, God gave His only begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to RETAIN His human nature." ST July 1908

"...He gave His Son to come to earth to take the nature of man, NOT only for the brief years of life, but to retain his nature in the heavenly courts, an everlasting pledge of faith." SM bk.1 p.258

"In passing from the scenes of His humiliation Jesus lost none of His humanity...He never forgets that He is our representative, that He bears OUR NATURE" TM p.19

"He should carry His "adopted nature" to the throne of God, and present His children to the Father to have conferred upon them an honor exceeding that conferred upon angels"
Son and Daughters of God p.22

The evidence is clear that Christ's nature He took was the nature that was undefiled and holy, it gave him no advantages over us in fact he faced a greater disadvantage because of it.

1 Cor.10:13 Christ was not a common man so he was tempted ABOVE than anyone could bear.

Since: Aug 10

Yucaipa, CA

#33 May 9, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Friend,
The real question is does the scriptures teaches us that we will attain an ABSOLUTE sinless state?
Many of the Apostle Paul letters along with several others addresses the believers as saints.2 Cor. 1:1, Eph. 1:1, Phil. 1:1
Saints are applied to believers well over 60 times.
Should we believe that this expression "saint" used under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to describe the sinlessness of the believers or does it simply acknowledging our current standing or status before God?
Much have been said the "final generation of believers". Some things of which we may never see the full light on until we get into the heaven. The one truth which we should agree is that in regards to personal salvation THEY will be saved as ALL other (repentant) sinners are saved, by GRACE through their faith IN THE MERITS of Christ Jesus.
Now try to prove this by using the words of Jesus! You can't because it is lie from the words of Paul.

On the other hand, one MUST become perfect/righteous prior to being saved (Rev. 14:5) Only a few will ever do this though as most believe in Paul's words and will be lost because they believe and practice a lie.
sitkahappy

Sitka, AK

#34 May 20, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
Friends,
Scriptures tells us this same Jesus shall return. The same today, tomorrow and forever. It is for this reason why HE continues to be called the SON of Man.
Ellen's writings also gives us some insight reinforcing what scriptures have already stated.
"To assure us of His immutable consel of peace, God gave His only begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to RETAIN His human nature." ST July 1908
"...He gave His Son to come to earth to take the nature of man, NOT only for the brief years of life, but to retain his nature in the heavenly courts, an everlasting pledge of faith." SM bk.1 p.258
"In passing from the scenes of His humiliation Jesus lost none of His humanity...He never forgets that He is our representative, that He bears OUR NATURE" TM p.19
"He should carry His "adopted nature" to the throne of God, and present His children to the Father to have conferred upon them an honor exceeding that conferred upon angels"
Son and Daughters of God p.22
The evidence is clear that Christ's nature He took was the nature that was undefiled and holy, it gave him no advantages over us in fact he faced a greater disadvantage because of it.
1 Cor.10:13 Christ was not a common man so he was tempted ABOVE than anyone could bear.
Are you saying that Jesus had the nature of Adam before he sinned?

Paul clearly tells us that Jesus came as the seed of Abraham.

Jackson, TN

#35 May 20, 2012
sitkahappy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Jesus had the nature of Adam before he sinned?
Paul clearly tells us that Jesus came as the seed of Abraham.
Friend Sitkahappy,

Yes. though I will qualify that answer with Christ was affected but not INFFECTED.

"Christ came to earth, taking humanity and standing as MAN's REPRESENTATIVE, to show in the controversy with Satan that man, as God created him, connected with the Father and Son, could obey every divine requirement" SoT June 9, 1898

Christ need to only succeed where Adam fell. Satan charge is that Adam and Eve BEFORE they sinned couldn't keep the law.(It was for this very reason why the test of the tree of knowledge was given.)

Hebrews 2:16 was a major stumbling block for me for years.

If we've to take that passage of scripture literally then we could also rationalize that Christ wasn't the second Adam. Yet the entire humanity has it's roots in Adam. Rom. 9:6 " not all Israel is Israel" vs. 7 reveals the seed of the promise and the seed of flesh.

Christ was indeed the child of promise, He was indeed the seed of Abraham but He was not born of the will of flesh but by God.
This verse is simply expressing that Christ had not a carnal nature like Abraham but a human nature.

Likeness in the scriptures doesn't mean exactly identical.

Chris

Eastover, SC

#36 Sep 4, 2012
Let us all remember that the Bible teaches, that there would come a day when some would not have sound Doctron.LET us all PRAY! that we are walking in the light that has been gave to us.And be a bright light to a lost and dieing world.It does no one no good to act like anger people with a point to make one way or the other.Let us all!!! show the World the love GOD gave us all. Peace be with all. your SDA borther in Crist Chris May
Kingfisher

Gulf Breeze, FL

#37 Sep 4, 2012
yoyo wrote:
Or is the omnipotent, grace abounding God too weak to help enough?
Have YOU stopped sinning? How about sending us a picture of yourself, so we will have the second person who reached that state.
Lay Worker

Perth, Australia

#38 Sep 4, 2012
Mr_Know it all wrote:
Friends,
1 Cor.10:13
The above comes from another mind of confusion who also resides in Laodicea and the above rant is just another replication of the IMMACULATE CONCEPTION.

Mr Vainglory wishes to rob Christ of His victory in sinful flesh
1 Peter 2:22 confirms Mr Vainglory is quite content to continue the dissonance of the doctrine of the AC

Mr Vainglory is not familiar with the Gospel of God
yoyo

Solana Beach, CA

#39 Sep 4, 2012
Those deceived ones who think that they will be fine after they get the new garments at the 2nd coming and then will stop sinning......

Uhhhhh....WHO MADE THE DEVIL DO IT?
(Did the Devil have a carnal nature in heaven?)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 7th Day: Fact and Fiction 40 min Earburner 1,326
Jesus DIED April 25, AD 31 says US NAVY (Apr '11) 5 hr Kevin 73
Jesus stated Ten C's was their JEWISH LAW (Aug '13) 5 hr Jesus was-IS God ... 1,003
Does a baby go to heaven when they died? (Feb '14) 5 hr JesusWasNOTaJew G... 27
Is Jesus Sabbath 5 hr ChristSedKEEP ALL... 264
The Israeli Sabbath is a Covenant and a Festival (Oct '13) 12 hr Lay Worker 1,186
OC not TC 12 hr Lay Worker 82
Pull your children out of the Adventist Schools (Jun '09) Aug 4 Canuck Schmuck 463
More from around the web