First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#114 Sep 27, 2012
Better stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye, so the Jews said to Pilate, "On this we agree: we have no king but Caesar!"
Take notice everyone who cry's "This person or that person is twisting the scriptures"

The above IS NOT how the scriptures read. It IS NOT what is clearly written in His Word The Bible.

SOMETHING HAS BEEN ADDED TO FORCE THE SQUARE PEG THROUGH THE ROUND HOLE.

NOW for the truth.......

John 19:15 But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!" "Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.

STOP Mauling His Words.

CB
BibleDoesntSay Never Lie

Newton Center, MA

#115 Sep 27, 2012
The ninth commandment does not say one should never lie.
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"
It was given to protect manís reputation, giving those who pay heed freedom from the fear of being found as a liar. The ninth was given to insure justice in the courts, given as a check against slander.
Other scriptures warn against being a liar IN GENERAL
I see no scripture saying one must never lie under any circumstances, in fact we find instances where those of faith felt compelled to lie for good reason and were not condemned for it.
Same with the sixth commandment, anyone with a brain knows that murder is always wrong but that killing is Not the same as murder and is sometimes neccesary. The KJV mistranslated it in Exodus 20 as 'kill' but has Christ in the NT properly quoted as saying 'You shall not murder'
Just as killing AKA homocide is justifiable in CERTAIN circumstances Biblically AND in man's law, so is a lie justifiable when neccesary to prevent murder
'''''''''
from this site http://www.reformed.org/webfiles/antithesis/i...
we read:

"we are not only permitted, but at times, obligated to deceive others. We are, of course, focusing on very rare circumstances. None of the above should be used as a license for sin. Truth telling is the Christian's norm.

Thus Scripture permits the use of deception in these two types of circumstances: protection of life against unjust aggressors and wartime. We need to specify the aggressors as "unjust" in order to rule out lying in cases where the person ought to have his or her life taken.

We see similar deceptions in David's life. When Saul's men pursue David to his wife Michal's house, he secretly flees, and Michal deceives Saul's men with a mock body in David's bed (I Sam. 19:12-17). David life is thus spared from unjust aggressors. David also deceives Achish king of Gath by feigning insanity (I Sam. 21:13). The ploy works and Achish's servants fail in their efforts to aggress against David.

We find one telling example in the case of the prophet Jeremiah. The Lord had consecrated Jeremiah from birth as a prophet to declare His words to the nations (Jer. 1:5, 10) and promised Jeremiah that he need not fear any man "for I am with you to deliver you" (Jer. 1:8). If Jeremiah were to rebel against God's calling and promises, he would face the judgment of God, as Jonah discovered. Yet at one point King Zedekiah instructs Jeremiah to deceive some officials regarding the content of a conversation so that Jeremiah "will not die" (Jer. 38:24), and Jeremiah goes ahead and blatantly deceives these men. In other words, he affirms a claim which he knows is contrary to the facts and spares his life from unjust aggressors. The Lord does not rebuke Jeremiah for turning against His command as He does Jonah, but rather, the Lord immediately protects and uses Jeremiah again. Jeremiah deceived to protect life from unjust aggression, and he was justified in doing so.

In another classic case, we find that God Himself directs Samuel to deceive Saul's informants. The Lord calls Samuel to go and anoint one of Jesse's sons as king in the place of Saul. Samuel openly expresses his fear that Saul will kill him if he discovers what his mission is, and so the Lord directs Samuel to deceive the informants by concealing his true mission: "And the Lord said, Take a heifer with you, and say, I have come to sacrifice to the Lord'" (I Sam. 16:2). Samuel does this and spares his own life.

Scripture does not justify a murderer who deceives civil authorities in order to protect him or herself from execution. But we are permitted to lie brilliantly to protect life against unjust aggressors whether they be rapists or Nazi tyrants searching for Jews.
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#116 Sep 27, 2012
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
Take notice everyone who cry's "This person or that person is twisting the scriptures"
The above IS NOT how the scriptures read. It IS NOT what is clearly written in His Word The Bible.
SOMETHING HAS BEEN ADDED TO FORCE THE SQUARE PEG THROUGH THE ROUND HOLE.
NOW for the truth.......
John 19:15 But they shouted, "Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!" "Shall I crucify your king?" Pilate asked. "We have no king but Caesar," the chief priests answered.
STOP Mauling His Words.
CB
Same thing, different words.
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#117 Sep 27, 2012
BibleDoesntSay Never Lie wrote:
It was given to protect manís reputation, giving those who pay heed freedom from the fear of being found as a liar. The ninth was given to insure justice in the courts, given as a check against slander.
I see no scripture saying one must never lie under any circumstances, in fact we find instances where those of faith felt compelled to lie for good reason and were not condemned for it.
Same with the sixth commandment, anyone with a brain knows that murder is always wrong but that killing is Not the same as murder and is sometimes neccesary. The KJV mistranslated it in Exodus 20 as 'kill' but has Christ in the NT properly quoted as saying 'You shall not murder'
Just as killing AKA homocide is justifiable in CERTAIN circumstances Biblically AND in man's law, so is a lie justifiable when neccesary to prevent murder
'''''''''
we read:
"we are not only permitted, but at times, obligated to deceive others. We are, of course, focusing on very rare circumstances. None of the above should be used as a license for sin. Truth telling is the Christian's norm.
Thus Scripture permits the use of deception in these two types of circumstances: protection of life against unjust aggressors and wartime. We need to specify the aggressors as "unjust" in order to rule out lying in cases where the person ought to have his or her life taken.
We see similar deceptions in David's life. When Saul's men pursue David to his wife Michal's house, he secretly flees, and Michal deceives Saul's men with a mock body in David's bed (I Sam. 19:12-17). David life is thus spared from unjust aggressors. David also deceives Achish king of Gath by feigning insanity (I Sam. 21:13). The ploy works and Achish's servants fail in their efforts to aggress against David.
We find one telling example in the case of the prophet Jeremiah. The Lord had consecrated Jeremiah from birth as a prophet to declare His words to the nations (Jer. 1:5, 10) and promised Jeremiah that he need not fear any man "for I am with you to deliver you" (Jer. 1:8). If Jeremiah were to rebel against God's calling and promises, he would face the judgment of God, as Jonah discovered. Yet at one point King Zedekiah instructs Jeremiah to deceive some officials regarding the content of a conversation so that Jeremiah "will not die" (Jer. 38:24), and Jeremiah goes ahead and blatantly deceives these men. In other words, he affirms a claim which he knows is contrary to the facts and spares his life from unjust aggressors. The Lord does not rebuke Jeremiah for turning against His command as He does Jonah, but rather, the Lord immediately protects and uses Jeremiah again. Jeremiah deceived to protect life from unjust aggression, and he was justified in doing so.
In another classic case, we find that God Himself directs Samuel to deceive Saul's informants. The Lord calls Samuel to go and anoint one of Jesse's sons as king in the place of Saul. Samuel openly expresses his fear that Saul will kill him if he discovers what his mission is, and so the Lord directs Samuel to deceive the informants by concealing his true mission: "And the Lord said, Take a heifer with you, and say, I have come to sacrifice to the Lord'" (I Sam. 16:2). Samuel does this and spares his own life.
Scripture does not justify a murderer who deceives civil authorities in order to protect him or herself from execution. But we are permitted to lie brilliantly to protect life against unjust aggressors whether they be rapists or Nazi tyrants searching for Jews.
Poor understanding.
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#118 Sep 27, 2012
'''''''''
we read:
Poor understanding
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#119 Sep 27, 2012
'''''''''
we read:
Poor understanding
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#120 Sep 27, 2012
It was given to protect manís reputation, giving those who pay heed freedom from the fear of
'''''''''
we read:
Thus Scripture permits the use of deception in these two types of circumstances: protection of life against unjust aggressors and wartime. We need to specify the aggressors as "unjust" in order to rule out lying
Poor understanding.
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#121 Sep 28, 2012
Better stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing, different words.
that's what all twisters say.

let me show you.

The bible says "there is no God".

Psalm 14:1 For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

See it clearly says what I said it says but I misrepresented the words by twisting them the way you do.

Now that you have been corrected - don't do it again - He's watching.

CB
Better stuff

Brampton, Canada

#123 Sep 28, 2012
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
let me show you.
Psalm 14:1 For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God." They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.
See it clearly says what I said it says but I misrepresented the words by twisting them the way you do.
This is what you are doing.

Mat. 27:5, "5†Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself."
Luke 10:37, "Then Jesus said to him,ďGo and do likewise.Ē

Lay Worker

Jerilderie, Australia

#124 Sep 28, 2012
Crazy Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
let me show you.
CB
The Crzy B absorbs the folly of the
central doctrine of the LITTLE HORN.

How amazing !
birdman

Charleston, IL

#126 Sep 28, 2012
Lay Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Crzy B absorbs the folly of the
central doctrine of the LITTLE HORN.
How amazing !
How amazing that LW does not think it wrong to lie!!1

HOW AMAZING!!!!!!
Crazy Baptist

Winnsboro, SC

#127 Sep 28, 2012
birdman wrote:
<quoted text>
How amazing that LW does not think it wrong to lie!!1
HOW AMAZING!!!!!!
Not amazing brother Bird as we are told in the bible that a lie to a liar is his native tongue.

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. WHEN HE LIES, HE SPEAKS HIS NATIVE LANGUAGE, for HE IS A LIAR and the father of lies.

This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

CB

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#128 Oct 3, 2012
>Only silly pseudo-theologians turn to the Greek of a word to understand its use in a particular situation.

Actually, all theologians do that. And they know how to tell the diff between literal and metaphor. They also don't flagrantly lie and try to cover their tracks with nonsense, like you do.
Pioneer

Tempe, AZ

#129 Oct 4, 2012
Pioneer wrote:
<quoted text>
Better stuff, NO TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT WOULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU ON THIS FORUM AFTER YOU INSANE DISPLAY.
GET OUT OF HERE.
You have no scruples, ethics or compassion, you are a bigoted SCUM BAG!

BS wrote...To show how idiotic you are, consider that there is a man on this thread who is advocating that one can and should lie under some circumstances, defying the word of God, and you keep silent. You actually keep silent, refusing to repudiate his doctrine.

Instead, you pull at your hair in the manner of a mad hatter, gnashing your teeth in vehement anger because you think yourself slighted as a "TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT."

Thou art a woman of tangled neurons which some mistake for grey matter.

Pioneer writes...I never even read that ABOVE- false accuser.

He that answereth a matter

before he heareth [it], it

[is] folly and shame unto

him.
KoalaGums

Sydney, Australia

#130 Oct 4, 2012
Better stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
To show how idiotic you are, consider that there is a man on this thread who is advocating that one can and should lie under some circumstances, defying the word of God, and you keep silent. You actually keep silent, refusing to repudiate his doctrine.
Instead, you pull at your hair in the manner of a mad hatter, gnashing your teeth in vehement anger because you think yourself slighted as a "TRUE AMERICAN PATRIOT."
Thou art a woman of tangled neurons which some mistake for grey matter.
You described her to a T, esp the last line. ROFLMAO!

Now let's watch the slag have another tantrum, tearing her hair out. Britney had nothing on her!
Pioneer

United States

#131 Oct 5, 2012
A man that beareth false witness against his neighbour [is] a maul, and a sword, and a sharp arrow.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#132 Oct 5, 2012
KoalaGums wrote:
<quoted text>
You described her to a T, esp the last line. ROFLMAO!
Now let's watch the slag have another tantrum, tearing her hair out. Britney had nothing on her!
Right on!
Thanks Pioneer!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Seventh-day Adventist Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MANY SDA's believe WEDNESDAY Crucifixion, WHY? (Feb '11) 18 min GERHARD eBERSOEHN 3,679
CAN Investigative Judgment be PROVEN (Jan '12) 1 hr Lay Worker 2,311
The Blasphemy of Jesus 1 hr Lay Worker 873
Who kept the Sabbath prior to Exodus? (Nov '13) 2 hr Saved By Grace 1,788
SDA main PILLAR coming DOWN! 2 hr Lay Worker 1,135
Letter of James - SDA SS 2 hr God the son 81
What is wrong with GOD the Son 3 hr yoyo 0

Seventh-day Adventist People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE