Scientology: OBLITERATE PSYCHIATRY-us...

Scientology: OBLITERATE PSYCHIATRY-use a hand grenade?

Posted in the Scientology Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Polly

Sydney, Australia

#1 Jul 12, 2007
PSYCHIATRY: GLOBAL OBLITERATION

By way of a recap, the campaign was expressly, maybe even "diabolically," engineered to ignite both government action and media blizzard. It's also got an internal kicker: our Mental Health Budget Adjustment Kit, which essentially works like a "smart bomb" in that it "sniffs" out psych fuel lines and blows the funding mechanism. And in that way—to put it bluntly—we booby-trap the whole psychiatric ecosystem.

So, while only nine weeks have passed since global activation, here's the preliminary action report: The Citizens Commission on Human Rights International, CCHR Central, has a tracking board designed to measure collateral damage from our campaign roll-out. It monitors both incoming complaints of psych abuse and outgoing "psych alerts" to state and federal prosecutors.

And while it's sometimes tricky to determine just whose "bomb" hit the ammo dump, this much is blazingly clear: while it takes a psych eight years to earn his license, we've already yanked 21 in the last four weeks.

Then there's all our campaign represents as a high-pressure system for an anti-psych climate, of which the best barometer is the anti-psych media index. And while CCHR trackers describe the recent weeks as "highest ever," the psychs themselves have a somewhat more descriptive name for it: "Apocalypse now!"

And here's the satellite view: the first of four plagues to visit psychiatrists in the wake of our campaign was a veritable storm of British press—more than 800 column inches mushrooming up from our launch site in England. Then came the 2,600 newspaper, magazine and e-news articles like a cloud of locusts from elsewhere around the world, followed by a third swarm of news clips, documentaries and televised forums.

Then, just when psychs thought the seas had parted and they could safely enjoy this holiday season, it all rained down. Because what with CCHR-inspired hearings on the menace of new generation psych drugs, the age-old secrets of how psychs cut deals with the FDA have finally come to light.

And since the FDA can't get "the toothpaste back in the tube," they just agreed to smear new black box warnings all over the anti-depressant line-up. Which in turn fueled an anti-psych media fest like something out of Revelations and it looks like this: The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The International Herald Tribune, USA Today, Associated Press and all over network news. Until, as of tonight... well, let me put it like this: At our IAS Anniversary celebration, I told you psychs were about to believe in the Divine Wrath of God. And, sure enough, they now know that wrath is swift and certain.

Because in just the last eight weeks came 37,824 column inches of anti-psych press to "mess them up but good"—and that's our 2006 campaign for the Global Obliteration of Psychiatry.
— International Scientology News Issue 35

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
Polly

Sydney, Australia

#2 Jul 12, 2007
Start at the bottom link and work your way up to get a 'fell' of how it would look in conjunction of heir dwarfs speech.
WolfyRik

Birmingham, UK

#3 Jul 13, 2007
It's funny, the section about plagues on psychiatrists in England...cos I haven't heard anything bad of the psychiatric industry at all.

If Davey can be more specific, I can try to find evidence of this "mushroom Cloud", but I might need a magnifying lens
hehehehehehe
Daz Simpson

Stourbridge, UK

#4 Jul 13, 2007
Wow, thrilling stuff yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

WolfyRik = Justintime = One & The Same? Justintime goes all quiet, WolfyRik suddenly appears with the same old cobblers, coincidence maybe?
WolfyRik

Birmingham, UK

#5 Jul 13, 2007
Daz Simpson wrote:
Wow, thrilling stuff yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
WolfyRik = Justintime = One & The Same? Justintime goes all quiet, WolfyRik suddenly appears with the same old cobblers, coincidence maybe?
Hehe apparently I'm also Tory Christman (according to Lily.firered) and an OSA agent (according to Truth Seeker). You cult people don't like to be proven wrong eh?
Polly

Mosman, Australia

#6 Jul 13, 2007
Notice how Daz (Im not a scientologist, no really , I promise Im not) Simpson makes no comment on heir dwarfs address to AIS members about obliterating psychiatry with the use of violent images and suggestive words? Daz (I honestly am NOT a scientologist !!!!!!!!!) Simpson would rather divert attention to another poster.

Come on Daz, you should surely realize that the initiated see through you and lurkers just think you are a poor rube that defends the cult of scientology.

Beans and rice
arent so nice,
Sea Org life
you'll think twice

Clearing the planet
is the goal,
Life in the Sea Org
takes it's toll

Our fearless leader
is David Mascavige,
For he eats up people,
Just like a savage.

Once you eascape
the cult of scientology,
Your life truly begins
And you'll never be sorry

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#7 Jul 13, 2007
WolfyRik,

I know people who work in the Psychiatry industry and they are all hard working individuals, indeed, I have worked in a small way with Mentally and physically handicapped people. If DM has his way then they will nolonger get the real help they deserve. This is what Daz seems to want.

SSB

PS, Rachel, the new job is great.
WolfyRik

Birmingham, UK

#8 Jul 13, 2007
supersonic boom wrote:
WolfyRik,
I know people who work in the Psychiatry industry and they are all hard working individuals, indeed, I have worked in a small way with Mentally and physically handicapped people. If DM has his way then they will nolonger get the real help they deserve. This is what Daz seems to want.
SSB
PS, Rachel, the new job is great.
I've known people who needed anti-depressents and they helped. I also know a psychology lecturer. They are all are good people. I don't appreciate the lies the CoS spews about others like them.

You are quite right, DM wants to stop any kind of help for people who need it. Stopping them from getting help form a heavily researched, monitored, centuries old profession and instead, trying to get people to turn to scientology. An unresearched, unproven, untested, barely monitored, secretive, deceitful 50 year old cult which might not end up killing them or pushing them to kill other people. If they are lucky.

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#9 Jul 13, 2007
WolfyRik wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known people who needed anti-depressents and they helped. I also know a psychology lecturer. They are all are good people. I don't appreciate the lies the CoS spews about others like them.
You are quite right, DM wants to stop any kind of help for people who need it. Stopping them from getting help form a heavily researched, monitored, centuries old profession and instead, trying to get people to turn to scientology. An unresearched, unproven, untested, barely monitored, secretive, deceitful 50 year old cult which might not end up killing them or pushing them to kill other people. If they are lucky.
How many more people do you think will die needlessly due to Hubbard's/$cientology's quackery before $cientology has the balls to admit they can't cure anything, let alone mental illness?
David Stone

Crawley, UK

#10 Jul 13, 2007
Dudes, you're all so wrong!

You've got it into your heads that Scientology are the only ones who think there is a problem with the psyciatric industry - you're clearly missing all the signs!

Here is a list of books you can find on Amazon which are all damning reports (and not one of them by a Scientologist/Scientology) of both the history and current state of the industry of psychiatry...

"Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill"
--widely endorsed and praised including rave reviews by the UK New Scientist magazine.

"The Manufacture of Madness: Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement"

"Making Us Crazy: DSM - The Psychiatric Bible and the Creation of Mental Disorders"

"Prozac Backlash"

"Users and Abusers of Psychiatry: A Critical Look at Psychiatric Practice"

"The Antidepressant Solution"

"The Antidepressant Fact Book: What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Luvox and the Other Newly Approved Psychiatric Drugs"

"Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications

"Talking Back to Prozac"

"Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock and Biochemical Theories of the New Psychiatry"

"Coming Off Antidepressants"

"Myth of Mental Illness: Foundations of a Theory of Personal Contact"

"Schizophrenia: A Scientific Delusion?"

"Pure Madness: How Fear Drives the Mental Health System"

"Insanity: The Idea and Its Consequences"

"This Is Madness: A Critical Look at Psychiatry and the Future of Mental Health Services"

"Mental Health Policy in Britain: A Critical Introduction"

I mean -seriously- guys! Why are you ranting on about Scientology being so absurd for being so anti-psych, when you are clearly unaware that there is masses of material out there in agreement with the view that Psychiatry is a pseudo-science?!

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it!!
Prufrock

Kailua, HI

#11 Jul 13, 2007
David Stone wrote:
Dudes, you're all so wrong!
You've got it into your heads that Scientology are the only ones who think there is a problem with the psyciatric industry - you're clearly missing all the signs!
Here is a list of books you can find on Amazon which are all damning reports (and not one of them by a Scientologist/Scientology) of both the history and current state of the industry of psychiatry...
"Mad in America: Bad Science, Bad Medicine and the Enduring Mistreatment of the Mentally Ill"
--widely endorsed and praised including rave reviews by the UK New Scientist magazine.
"The Manufacture of Madness: Comparative Study of the Inquisition and the Mental Health Movement"
"Making Us Crazy: DSM - The Psychiatric Bible and the Creation of Mental Disorders"
"Prozac Backlash"
"Users and Abusers of Psychiatry: A Critical Look at Psychiatric Practice"
"The Antidepressant Solution"
"The Antidepressant Fact Book: What Your Doctor Won't Tell You About Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Luvox and the Other Newly Approved Psychiatric Drugs"
"Your Drug May Be Your Problem: How and Why to Stop Taking Psychiatric Medications
"Talking Back to Prozac"
"Toxic Psychiatry: Why Therapy, Empathy and Love Must Replace the Drugs, Electroshock and Biochemical Theories of the New Psychiatry"
"Coming Off Antidepressants"
"Myth of Mental Illness: Foundations of a Theory of Personal Contact"
"Schizophrenia: A Scientific Delusion?"
"Pure Madness: How Fear Drives the Mental Health System"
"Insanity: The Idea and Its Consequences"
"This Is Madness: A Critical Look at Psychiatry and the Future of Mental Health Services"
"Mental Health Policy in Britain: A Critical Introduction"
I mean -seriously- guys! Why are you ranting on about Scientology being so absurd for being so anti-psych, when you are clearly unaware that there is masses of material out there in agreement with the view that Psychiatry is a pseudo-science?!
If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk about it!!
You're right that the Co$ aren't the only anti-psych group out there. But that, in and of itself, doesn't mean that they're correct. If I find a bunch of books which state the moon landings were faked, would that alone prove that theory? Of course not.
The problem I, and many other people, have with the Co$'s stance on mental health issues is that they (the Co$) offer no alternative treatments for people with mental illness. What do they do with someone who is PTS Type III ("crazy")? Lock them in a room. That worked wonders for Lisa McPherson, right? I would love to see them cure some homeless raving lunatic through auditing, but that will never happen (both because it's impossible and there's no money to be made from it).

BTW,$cientology is absurd.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#12 Jul 13, 2007
David,

we know there are other groups opposed to Psychiatry out there, there are also said groups (at least one that I have heard of anyway) that do not allow Scientologists to join, what does that tell you about Scientology?

This is a Scientology forum discussing Scientology which is a cult opposed to Psychiatry because L.Ron Hubbard says to.

Rant over, thank you for your contribution David.

SSB

“Proud SP since 2003”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Jul 13, 2007
supersonic boom wrote:
WolfyRik,
I know people who work in the Psychiatry industry and they are all hard working individuals, indeed, I have worked in a small way with Mentally and physically handicapped people. If DM has his way then they will nolonger get the real help they deserve. This is what Daz seems to want.
SSB
PS, Rachel, the new job is great.
That's great SSB, I'm happy for you.
David Stone

Crawley, UK

#14 Jul 13, 2007
Prufrock...

So on the one hand you're arguing that "a bunch of books which state the moon landings were faked" -doesn't- prove that the moon landings were faked...

But on the other hand you're saying that the singular event of Lisa McPherson's death at the hands of Scientology is indicative of what Scientology does to crazy people?

Exactly what does it take to establish something as true, lots, or a little?

SSB, that applies to your subsequent question also: of course it says nothing about Scientology.

Now the point I made was that Scientology are not the only group who believe that psychiatry is corrupt. I added some opinion in there too - I agree with those books, and while I accept that "a bunch of books" is not enough to constitute any kind of proof or settlement of the question, it certainly appears that there are issues with psychiatry, and my problem with that is that most people are grossly unaware of them.

A sensible response from you would be to point out that there are a number of anti-Scientology books out there too, and certainly enough to suggest, as I said, that there are issues, in this case with Scientology.

I don't deny that. That's why I'm not an active Scientologist.

Your other argument was that Scientology offer no alternative forms of treatment. Scientology is all about treatment! Obviously you're saying that the various bits of 'tech' are not valid as treatments, so I must ask you this:

If the claims of ex-Scientologists who slander the church are to be taken as valid, does that not also imply a certain degree of credibility should be afforded to all former Scientologists? For example, those in the Freezone?

There are countless ex-Scientologists who still swear by everything they learned from Hubbard and still swear by the tech. They despise Scientology, and have nothing to gain by falsely claiming Hubbard's ideas to be valid.

That seems to me to suggest that there has to be some validity to it all.

Since: Feb 07

Castaic, CA

#15 Jul 13, 2007
Polly wrote:
PSYCHIATRY: GLOBAL OBLITERATION
By way of a recap, the campaign was expressly, maybe even "diabolically," engineered to ignite both government action and media blizzard. It's also got an internal kicker: our Mental Health Budget Adjustment Kit, which essentially works like a "smart bomb" in that it "sniffs" out psych fuel lines and blows the funding mechanism. And in that way&#8212;to put it bluntly&#8212;we booby-trap the whole psychiatric ecosystem.
So, while only nine weeks have passed since global activation, here's the preliminary action report: The Citizens Commission on Human Rights International, CCHR Central, has a tracking board designed to measure collateral damage from our campaign roll-out. It monitors both incoming complaints of psych abuse and outgoing "psych alerts" to state and federal prosecutors.
And while it's sometimes tricky to determine just whose "bomb" hit the ammo dump, this much is blazingly clear: while it takes a psych eight years to earn his license, we've already yanked 21 in the last four weeks.
Then there's all our campaign represents as a high-pressure system for an anti-psych climate, of which the best barometer is the anti-psych media index. And while CCHR trackers describe the recent weeks as "highest ever," the psychs themselves have a somewhat more descriptive name for it: "Apocalypse now!"
And here's the satellite view: the first of four plagues to visit psychiatrists in the wake of our campaign was a veritable storm of British press&#8212;more than 800 column inches mushrooming up from our launch site in England. Then came the 2,600 newspaper, magazine and e-news articles like a cloud of locusts from elsewhere around the world, followed by a third swarm of news clips, documentaries and televised forums.
Then, just when psychs thought the seas had parted and they could safely enjoy this holiday season, it all rained down. Because what with CCHR-inspired hearings on the menace of new generation psych drugs, the age-old secrets of how psychs cut deals with the FDA have finally come to light.
And since the FDA can't get "the toothpaste back in the tube," they just agreed to smear new black box warnings all over the anti-depressant line-up. Which in turn fueled an anti-psych media fest like something out of Revelations and it looks like this: The Washington Post, The Washington Times, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, The International Herald Tribune, USA Today, Associated Press and all over network news. Until, as of tonight... well, let me put it like this: At our IAS Anniversary celebration, I told you psychs were about to believe in the Divine Wrath of God. And, sure enough, they now know that wrath is swift and certain.
Because in just the last eight weeks came 37,824 column inches of anti-psych press to "mess them up but good"&#8212;and that's our 2006 campaign for the Global Obliteration of Psychiatry.
&#8212; International Scientology News Issue 35
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...
Global Obliteration!

Miscavige and RTC are quite mad.

Are they being investigated for making terrorist threats?:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i198/Master...

Since: Jul 07

Crawley, UK

#16 Jul 13, 2007
Jack, I was at the event those pictures are from. It was quite spectacular!...I don't recall seeing anyone with a camera!
Prufrock

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jul 13, 2007
First off Dave, just because it's in writing doesn't make it true. Take elron for example. The stuff he wrote falls into two categories (plagiarized common sense and BS he made up). No matter how many times his BS is re-packaged, it doesn't make it any more true.

If you need more cases of how the Co$ deals with PTS Type III, just google it. But to help you out, here's a story from an ex-scieno about that very subject: http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php... Luckily, this unfortunate soul survived his brush with the Co$ practicing medicine without a license.

I was the one who said the Co$ offered no valid alternative for the treatment of the mentally ill. And for the record, one should not take the utterances of anyone as gospel without evidence (otherwise you're likely to wind up in some kind of cult *cough* Co$*cough*). Where is the scientific evidence that the tech works? Show me one study which validates the tech. There are none. The only "evidence" is in the form of testimonials along the lines of "it makes me feel better," or "it makes me feel more at cause." The laughable kind of dreck TPark (aka BasicBasic) prints on ARS to drum up business for his Freezone (which isn't free btw) group.

BTW, what alternative to psychiatry/psychology do you recommend?
Polly

Australia

#18 Jul 13, 2007
David Stone wrote:
Dudes, you're all so wrong!
You've got it into your heads that Scientology are the only ones who think there is a problem with the psyciatric industry - you're clearly missing all the signs!
Then you can demonstrate where anyone has claimed scientology are the only persons that oppose psychiatry?
Ive snipped the rest of your post because you are compelled not to dicuss scientology beyond the surface. By your own admission, you are a scientologist, so you must do what you are now trying to do. That is, to divert away from discussing the insanity of scientology and its stand on psychiatry and fields of mental health. Again this last week, 2 more people are dead because of scientology 'belief'. What is in the links I provided is clearly why scientology/ists from the church can be considered dangerous to the rest of society. Their 'belief' is what causes such danger that is present whenever Vulture Ministers (VM's) http://www.cosvm.org/ rush to disaster areas to try run interference on real professionals. You own BBC Five Live did a report last year exposing the concerted effort to interfere with any meantl health worker at the London Bombings. What is elronic is DM's use of references to murdering people with hand grenades (Oct 06 was with machine guns). So I say you David (conveniently arrives whilst Daz has been winding down over the last several days), why not actually discuss the 8fact* that David Miscarriage is proffering the use of terrorist type activities in his addresses to the AIS, instead of you wanting to steer away from the insanity the IS the cult of scientology?
You cant becau7se you have no 'determinism' of your own and *must*'duplicate' source. Problem is for you now, when will you realise that you are following DM and not elron?

“Honorary Squirrel Buster”

Since: Apr 07

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Jul 13, 2007
David Stone wrote:
Jack, I was at the event those pictures are from. It was quite spectacular!...I don't recall seeing anyone with a camera!
That was no accident. Press were barred from attending.

Since: Jul 07

Crawley, UK

#20 Jul 14, 2007
I'll try to be brief, because for one thing there seems to be a 4000 char limit on posts here (so annoying!) and for another I have a Scientology event to attend shortly, more on that in a mo.

Prufrock, if you're going to say that Hubbard's work is plagiarised, justify it. Exactly which bits are plagiarised and which are not? And of the bits that are not, why are they BS? How do -you- know they are BS, and why should I believe you?

As for evidence the tech works, the only acceptable evidence would be trying it for yourself. What I have tried, has worked, and that's evidence enough for me. What I haven't tried may or may not work. Who knows? Probably not you any more than I.

Polly. Right from the first sentence it appears you're not willing to have an honest debate. Ok, nobody put into words a claim that Scientology is the only anti-psych group. You win. I was wrong.

Perhaps you could tell me therefore where you get that I am a Scientologist 'by my own admission'?!

You went on to suggest that I am trying to divert away from the issues, and I disagree entirely. I would happily discuss Scientology's stand on mental health practices, as would the church. Are you really suggesting they are avoiding the issue too? What with their "Industry of Death" tour?!

You also referred to the insanity of Scientology. Back it up or don't say it. Is every member insane? How insane? And who officially declared them to be such?

Your argument then descends into childishness. "David Miscarriage"?! Literal interpretation of metapher just to ridicule?! If you want to be taken seriously, be serious.

Now, the event today. I don't know if any of you are aware but there are a series of events taking place this month around the world, every Saturday. I was called by a Scio friend and invited to what she called "the single most important event in Scientology's history". That's all I know, but I'll keep you posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scientology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can a poor person join scientology? (Nov '06) Mon Just William 503
Scientology??? May 5 Just William 3
News Photos: Bijou Phillips Scientology Blast on Drugs (Jan '09) Apr '18 Fckyupyme 14
News Church of Scientology launches TV channel Mar '18 Just William 4
News The most shocking Scientology revelations accor... (Jan '17) Mar '18 Terryy 22
Watch the New Scientology Network and tell us y... Mar '18 Just William 4
News Leah Remini's A&E Series May Take on Jehovah's ... (Oct '17) Mar '18 pcloadletter 283