Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

I just saw a piece tonight on Extra on NBC that promotes the Detoxification Program that Tom Cruise pushed on the workers at Ground Zero. Mario Lopez unabashedly praised the program and L. Ron Hubbard. Supposedly there's a site on the Extratv.com website where people can donate money to the Detox Program, but I couldn't find it. I am shocked and disappointed my favorite network NBC would allow Extra to promote such a dangerous and criminal front group for scientology. Is it possible that NBC fell for the hype and didn't do their research before broadcasting? Or was Extra paid a LOT of money from scientology to promote their front group for Narconon? I'm going to watch Extra again later tonight and look for it again.
Not Raw Meat

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Did a little research and it was a benefit held in LA to support the New York Rescue Workers and Gulf Coast Detoxification Projects. Danny Masterson and Melanie Griffith were celebrities who attended, and were interviewed by Extra to explain their support of the projects. I guess Extra was just doing its job of reporting the activities of celebrities, scientology or not. But they did enourage people to donate to the fund at the end of the piece.
Not Raw Meat

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

So I guess cult that panders to and recruits celebrities + cult's fundraisers that showcase these celebrities = reporting by shows like Extra that are forced to report the activities of these celebrities as they attend the fundraisers. O.K. I forgive Extra, but I still don't think they had the right to proselytize this cult's front group to the public without doing any research or background checks. Is Extra really that naive/slow/stupid or all they all scientologists?

“Slick | Just Bill”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2012

The Church of Scientology secretly had their "Detoxification Program" tested by independent doctors to "prove" it was effective. Of course, all the people involved had to sign very strict secrecy bonds. Only the church could release the results.

Predictably, after the testing was completed and the final results sent to the church, the church filed it away in the deepest, darkest corners they could find.

The results showed that Scientology's vaunted "Detoxification Program" Did. Not. Work. At. All.

Naturally, the church keeps promoting and selling this program and still claims it is 100% effective -- and they have the proof that it doesn't work.
Qurikygal

Guelph, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2012

Shame on NBC, you owe it to the public to do an expose of this so called "Church" Abuses beyond belief and not just the drug program!!!!

“Honorary Squirrel Buster”

Since: Apr 07

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2012

Just William wrote:
The Church of Scientology secretly had their "Detoxification Program" tested by independent doctors to "prove" it was effective. Of course, all the people involved had to sign very strict secrecy bonds. Only the church could release the results.
Predictably, after the testing was completed and the final results sent to the church, the church filed it away in the deepest, darkest corners they could find.
The results showed that Scientology's vaunted "Detoxification Program" Did. Not. Work. At. All.
Naturally, the church keeps promoting and selling this program and still claims it is 100% effective -- and they have the proof that it doesn't work.
I remember reading about that. I would call them a bunch of shameless frauds, but calling them that and calling them Scientologists would be redundant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scientology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas judge fed up with pace of Scientology trial (Feb '14) Aug 12 Red Pill 3
The bogey man Aug 12 Red Pill 5
'HumanSpirit' is getting angry on psych forum (May '09) Aug 12 Red Pill 8
Why Does John Travolta Live in Ocala, Fla.? (Jan '09) Jul 30 Robin 1 Yates 58
Gang stalking (Jan '13) Jul '14 xyz 52
Priscilla Presley Reaches Out to Addicts (Jun '06) Jul '14 Prufex 3,554
can a poor person join scientology? (Nov '06) Jun '14 brockly 428

Search the Scientology Forum:
•••