Letters to the editor for Jan. 18, 2009

Letters to the editor for Jan. 18, 2009

There are 16 comments on the The Santa Fe New Mexican story from Jan 17, 2009, titled Letters to the editor for Jan. 18, 2009. In it, The Santa Fe New Mexican reports that:

I come to throw sandals at Caesar, not to praise him. The evil that men do lives after them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Santa Fe New Mexican.

The Screen

Rio Rancho, NM

#1 Jan 18, 2009
How in the world is a The Screen part of SF's "culture?" Notice how all complainers of its closing anglo? Those that complain about the closing are the prius driving, late and pinot sipping, birkenstock wearing whiners that this town needs a whole lot less of. Move to LA where your ilk has sympathy.
Paul Weinbaum

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jan 18, 2009
This looks like a really good time to read Chris Wilson's "The Myth of Santa Fe" for those who cry about 'our culture.'

In Las Cruces, New Mexico, The City of Contradictions, the blindly obedient religionists, from federal judges down to the guttersnipes, egged on by outside groups and supported by Governor Richardson and his appointees, openly attack anyone who disagrees with the undocumented fakelore mantra, "It's OUR religion and OUR history."
L_Martinez

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 18, 2009
How in the world is a The Screen part of SF's "culture?" Notice how all complainers of its closing anglo? Those that complain about the closing are the prius driving, late and pinot sipping, birkenstock wearing whiners that this town needs a whole lot less of. Move to LA where your ilk has sympathy.
What a bitter hateful comment. What's really sad is the person writing this comment shames all Hispanics in Northern New Mexico by pretending to "know" our culture. This person is no different than trailer trash any where using the "N" word.
Yeah

Cerrillos, NM

#4 Jan 18, 2009
L_Martinez wrote:
What a bitter hateful comment. What's really sad is the person writing this comment shames all Hispanics in Northern New Mexico by pretending to "know" our culture. This person is no different than trailer trash any where using the "N" word.
And her name is Jean Vigil from Espagnolie. She has such a huge chip on her shoulder it has become impossible for her to leave her house.
RandyNason

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Jan 18, 2009
Now Bush is poised to pardon all the administrators of these injustices. Can we afford to let this go without so much as a whimper?
Susan Tarman

Once Bush is out of the White House, the peoples' house, and Obama is sworn in and living in the peoples' house, maybe the new Attorney General Eric Holder will do as he intimated he would do and, if it is found that laws have been broken, prosecute those responsible. We are, after all, a nation of laws. Maybe Gerald Fitzpatrick should consider himself on permanent retainer.
Another

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Jan 18, 2009
The Screen wrote:
Racist.
Paleface

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jan 18, 2009
Diversity can save us from our own small-minded mean-spirit. Bring on the ethnic diversity - the haters can have a field day, and we can grow and culturally blossom . .
denize

Whitethorn, CA

#8 Jan 18, 2009
It makes sense for the Santa Fe College,Staff & supporters of The Screen to form a committee, to contact all movie moguls, actors,anyone who has made a movie in New Mexico.They could work with all the existing public relation agencies that interface with the Stars.The money raised would pay the bills & expand film festival potential.Include The Actors Guild, & the many businesses that offer supportive services to the movie industry when it's here.Film Festivals bring in the bucks.I don't know how that works with a"college" legally.
denize

Whitethorn, CA

#9 Jan 18, 2009
Bush's confusion,& delusion at his last farewell's are similiar to Darth Vaders helmet removal, only of shorter stature, & a lot more wheezing.
answer

Chicago, IL

#10 Jan 19, 2009
Don't want The Screen to close? Donate some money to CSF! About 30 million will do. Just hope they are able to manage it properly.
Righteous dude

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jan 19, 2009
Paleface wrote:
Diversity can save us from our own small-minded mean-spirit. Bring on the ethnic diversity - the haters can have a field day, and we can grow and culturally blossom ..
We are the world, we are the people, so can't we all just get along, man? Where's the love brother.

you are a third eye, massage therapist that drives a prius and fights the Super Walmarts of the world. Keep up the good fight bro. Save the Screen. Down with haters. Let's be diverse so that our wonderful soul and open itself and expose the flower of our spirit to God and the World.
lolwut

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Jan 19, 2009
Righteous dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We are the world, we are the people, so can't we all just get along, man? Where's the love brother.
you are a third eye, massage therapist that drives a prius and fights the Super Walmarts of the world. Keep up the good fight bro. Save the Screen. Down with haters. Let's be diverse so that our wonderful soul and open itself and expose the flower of our spirit to God and the World.
Ahahaha! I almost shot coffee out my nose.

Don't forget to drive your prius to target to buy the same chinese crap after protesting wal-mart.
Haaaa

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Jan 19, 2009
lolwut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to drive your prius to target to buy the same chinese **** after protesting wal-mart.
Mean Jean Vigil is just agitated this morning because she only found one "illegal", to post about on the police notes today.
anyway

Santa Fe, NM

#14 Jan 19, 2009
lolwut wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to drive your prius to target to buy the same chinese **** after protesting wal-mart.
I thought subarus were the cliche you stupid dead-enders were using? I can't keep up.
Brilliant

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 19, 2009
Righteous dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillllllarious! I know a bunch of these people. They all talk the good talk and expect everyone to participate in their vision of the world. Then, they go home to their place on Canyon Road and turn on the tube.
Listen_to_Meh

New Brighton, PA

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Brilliant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillllllarious! I know a bunch of these people. They all talk the good talk and expect everyone to participate in their vision of the world. Then, they go home to their place on Canyon Road and turn on the tube.
VERY true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Society of Friends Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philip Gulley and James Mulholland (May '07) May 11 LeTe2 23
News Conscientious Objection: 100 years on Jan '16 little lamb 4
News Quakers object to funding for developing milita... (Dec '14) Dec '14 OwenEverett 1
News Daniel Boone and his family found freedom in th... (Dec '08) Jan '14 confused 15
News Huntsville's Quakers keep peaceful traditions o... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Nassar 1
I want to do something to make change (Mar '13) Mar '13 Kelsea Rogers 1
throw the sermon on the mount overboard (Mar '13) Mar '13 god 1
More from around the web