Dornsife, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Judged:

hello :) i was wondering ive started leaving out offerings for faeries recently and think ive attracted some. and was wondering if it was possible to summon/attract a brownie? i would really like to befriend one :D

“A different view”

Since: Sep 08

West Riding

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Judged:

Heather wrote:
hello :) i was wondering ive started leaving out offerings for faeries recently and think ive attracted some. and was wondering if it was possible to summon/attract a brownie? i would really like to befriend one :D
As Brownies( i assume you are not referring to chocolate confectionery or junior girlscouts) are celtic with Scandinavian links, i would have thought it most unlikely that you would attract one, unless of course your medication needs some adjustment.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

Judged:

Heather wrote:
You may be attracting raccoons or rats.

For brownies, I suggest calling the GSA troop nearest you.

“A different view”

West Riding

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Judged:

"summoning a Brownie" sounds like constipation.

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

Judged:

Or an synonym for taking a laxative.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Judged:

I went to the fridge to summon a brownie but my spouse told me to get out of them because she was saving them for her ladies club meeting that was later in the day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Judged:

Well now that we've thoroughly hijacked the crap out of this thread with our 8th grade potty humor.. I'd like to ask... how many people actually believe in faeries and brownies and other magical creatures? When I first started lurking here there was a lot of talk about this stuff, and the resident expert on the subject ended up being some kind of a roll playing fraud... but people took him seriously when he talked about leaving a bowl of milk out in your garden to attract faeries. Although I feel I have a very open mind on most subjects, this is beyond ridiculous to me. Does anyone here actually believe in faeries and brownies? I promise I won't make fun of you if you do (although I can't speak for Albion). If you do believe in them, how do you know of their presence, other than the milk being gone? Can you see them? Do they talk to you? What do they look like? Tinkerbell?(Damn I wish I hadn't made that promise)

“A different view”

West Riding

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Clark Griswold wrote:
Well now that we've thoroughly hijacked the crap out of this thread with our 8th grade potty humor.. I'd like to ask... how many people actually believe in faeries and brownies and other magical creatures? When I first started lurking here there was a lot of talk about this stuff, and the resident expert on the subject ended up being some kind of a roll playing fraud... but people took him seriously when he talked about leaving a bowl of milk out in your garden to attract faeries. Although I feel I have a very open mind on most subjects, this is beyond ridiculous to me. Does anyone here actually believe in faeries and brownies? I promise I won't make fun of you if you do (although I can't speak for Albion). If you do believe in them, how do you know of their presence, other than the milk being gone? Can you see them? Do they talk to you? What do they look like? Tinkerbell?(Damn I wish I hadn't made that promise)
If you GOOGLE "Cottingley fairies" you will see a long lasting hoax on the subject, the funny thing is that i live just a few minutes walk from their claimed location but all i ever saw was Pink Elephants!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Can't really say I do. Wood spirits, perhaps. Spirits of the land, elementals...perhaps. Brownies, fairies...aren't they related, or based off those to begin with? If they are there, I believe they go unseen. BIG if.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Judged:

The Real Lori wrote:
Can't really say I do. Wood spirits, perhaps. Spirits of the land, elementals...perhaps. Brownies, fairies...aren't they related, or based off those to begin with? If they are there, I believe they go unseen. BIG if.
Big difference between spirits of the land and brownies. For one, I don't think spirits of the land drink milk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Judged:

Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Big difference between spirits of the land and brownies. For one, I don't think spirits of the land drink milk.
But...I thought brownies and milk went together rather well?

OK, you set that up...all I did was bite.

OH! There's another one! LOL

All right, seriously now...spirits have no need of earthy sustenance, I would imagine. What do you all think?

“I will not go quietly.”

Since: Feb 07

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

Heather wrote:
I've never read anything to 'attract' a brownie, according to the legends they simply come and go as they will. The one part of the legend(s) that is interesting is that you do not "thank" or offer a "gift" as a reward to a brownie for some good turn they have done you, if you do, they leave.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2009

The Real Lori wrote:
All right, seriously now...spirits have no need of earthy sustenance, I would imagine. What do you all think?
Odds are they wouldn't, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't look favorably upon a specific "sacrifice" to them from time to time, and certain woodland spirits were also associated with particular animals as well, they might be inclined to look favorably upon the "mortal" who left offerings of food that would be attractive to their animal friends...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Odds are they wouldn't, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't look favorably upon a specific "sacrifice" to them from time to time, and certain woodland spirits were also associated with particular animals as well, they might be inclined to look favorably upon the "mortal" who left offerings of food that would be attractive to their animal friends...
So, and I mean this respectfully, we are back to the raccoons.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2009

The Real Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
So, and I mean this respectfully, we are back to the raccoons.
Well, I suppose it's all in the way you look at things. Someone who brings treats for my pets do tend to get on my good side. Even with Ghosts and other Paranormal phenomenon, those who believe and certain other conditions are more apt to experience such things than those who don't believe and even with the medical Placebo effect, the belief that they are 'cured' of whatever ailment actually brings about the cure in many cases.
Am I saying I believe in Brownies? No, I'm saying that William Shakespeare said it best in Hamlet, scene V "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

If "Gods" are real, what else might be?
I'm not saying that others won't have to convince me, I am saying that I'm willing to entertain the thought.
Tailkinker

Kalamazoo, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2009

Clark Griswold wrote:
I can't say that I believe specifically in fairies or brownies or whatever. But I have to say that I have spent alot of time in the fields, farmlands, and woodlands around and sometimes when meditating you can get a sensation of "not alone". What is it? I don't know. I just figure there is alot out there science hasn't found yet, and that some times primitive man had a clearer veiw then we do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2009

Tailkinker wrote:
<quoted text>I can't say that I believe specifically in fairies or brownies or whatever. But I have to say that I have spent alot of time in the fields, farmlands, and woodlands around and sometimes when meditating you can get a sensation of "not alone". What is it? I don't know. I just figure there is alot out there science hasn't found yet, and that some times primitive man had a clearer veiw then we do.
I was going to make a joke about how primitive man believed the sun was god, but now that I think about it, he was a hell of a lot closer than about 75 percent of the people living on the planet today... 250,000 years later.

“everything she touches changes”

Nanaimo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Pagan and Proud wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I suppose it's all in the way you look at things. Someone who brings treats for my pets do tend to get on my good side. Even with Ghosts and other Paranormal phenomenon, those who believe and certain other conditions are more apt to experience such things than those who don't believe and even with the medical Placebo effect, the belief that they are 'cured' of whatever ailment actually brings about the cure in many cases.
Am I saying I believe in Brownies? No, I'm saying that William Shakespeare said it best in Hamlet, scene V "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
If "Gods" are real, what else might be?
I'm not saying that others won't have to convince me, I am saying that I'm willing to entertain the thought.
Bang on P&P.
I will return to give my full thoughts on this, I need more coffee to clarify my thoughts.

“I will not go quietly.”

Indianapolis Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2009

Judged:

Clark Griswold wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to make a joke about how primitive man believed the sun was god, but now that I think about it, he was a hell of a lot closer than about 75 percent of the people living on the planet today... 250,000 years later.
An astronomical phenomenon that IS directly responsible for maintaining the life of this planet as compared to the worship of someone who others claim to be the "son of god"? It makes you wonder who the true primitives are.
Tyler

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

I'm a kid 10 and my friend acts all crazy and says he's friends with faries and brownies idk what a brownie is but it's not the chocolate kind but anyways i don't beleive him so i want proof can anyone tell me how to be friends with faries or brownies?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••