Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228509 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Quadratus

Tampa, FL

#211466 Jul 22, 2014
I mean
If the sun setting in a muddy pond means the same thing as a sunset over a mirage, couldn't overshadowing mean "you're pregnant?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#211467 Jul 22, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

So, if the Prophet had married Ayesha and had taken her to bed when she was six, all Muslim men including yours truly would be marrying 6 years old girls under the "Sunnah" and fucking them merrily and none of you bloody fools/idiots would have been able to stop us.
Muhammad had married an Egyptian. I don't see all Muslims do the same.

Even if we take for true your BS that Muhammad married or had sex with Aysha when she was 18, we still don't see all Muslims marry (arab) girls of 18 years old.

It's clear that if Muslims don't marry little innocent girls doesn't prove Muhammad didn't back then.

Your reasoning skills are below of that of a monkey.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211470 Jul 22, 2014
bmz wrote:
How many times have I told you and others to forget 911, throw it behind and move on?
Who do you think you are to tell us to forget the 3,000 murdered dead, Mr. Safe in Singapore, you who spend time looking at and lamenting shattered Palestinian skulls, not because you care about the children of Hamastan, necessarily, but because it provides an opportunity for you to say that the Jews did it. MOVE ON, you stinking hypocrite.
bmz wrote:
At the time of that incident, you were totally clueless and ignorant about politics and had no knowledge about what was going on in the Middle east. If you had then you would not have accused Islam for that.
False. I knew next to nothing about that "prophet" of yours prior to 9/11. The same could be said for most non-Muslims in the U.S. This is not to say that I didn't follow the news about Arafat vs. Sharon, the Camp David Accords, Kissinger, Sadat, Jimmy Carter, Khomeini, etc. I tried to stay informed about the politics of it all, but what I hadn't done is drawn the connection between Muslim hatred of Jews as Jews and Mohammad's hatred of Jews for rejecting him as a false prophet, which is a theological argument, and THAT truth is plain to see in the passages of the Qur'an that I have often cited in this very Forum. Jews are apes and pigs, are they?! You see, I didn't even suspect that the Qur'an was indirectly responsible for 9/11 until 9/11, in the same way that Martin Luther's hatred of Jews, as evidenced in his writings, was indirectly responsible for the Holocaust,]
bmz wrote:
Let me put this way to you:
1. When Hitler screwed the region and slaughtered Jews, did you accuse Christianity of doing that? Did you and we blame Jesus and that alleged Ghost for all the evil that was done?
If Hitler was a Christian, then so was Judas Iscariot.
bmz wrote:
2. For more than a decade, your country hammered the poor Vietnamese for no valid reason.
Did you and we blame Christianity and Jesus for that?
The "valid reason" was stopping the spread of communism.
bmz wrote:
3. For more than half a decade, your country hammered the poor Iraqis for no valid reason.
Did you and we blame Christianity and Jesus for that?
The "vaild reason" was getting rid of the Butcher of Baghdad, who had no moral scruples about murdering thousands of his own citizens, who incidentally didn't share his theological point of view.
bmz wrote:
So, stop blaming Islam for that event. It was either an act of vengeance or vendetta by Osama or some conspiracy by your own leadership to blast the Twin Towers in order to start wars.
I wouldn't have thought that you are like MUQ1, believing that George Bush and Co. did it!
bmz wrote:
Be honest and answer this serious question:
Looking at what has been going on Palestine for years and what is going on now, do you have the same negative thoughts that devout Jewish Israelis were and ARE willing to murder thousands of Palestinians and other Muslims and this is what they learned from their scripture, Moses, Joshua, David and others?
What I see is that in 1948, the U.N. created the State of Israel as a place of refuge for Jews who had survived Hitler, and that the Arab world collectively said, "We will destroy your new state." The rest is horrible, bloody history, with atrocities committed on both sides. I fault Mohammad primarily for all of this, because he never forgave the Jews for rejecting him as a false prophet, and his wor, as spelled out in his Qur'an, is DEFINITIVE FOREVER, in the minds of Muslims who dare not doubt him.
bmz wrote:
I am sure that thought never came in your mind and never will.
Who do you think you are, a prophet after Mohammad?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211471 Jul 22, 2014
IOW,

If Mohammad had never been born, the establishment of a Jewish state would not have led to 9/11.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211472 Jul 22, 2014
Perhaps.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211473 Jul 22, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
Why are you much insistent on using "garbage language" on these threads, I fail to understand. Do you like these abusive language and swear worlds and filthy dirty language?
Words are symbols that have no meaning beyond what you believe they possess, but my use of "garbage language" has certainly commanded your attention, hasn't it?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211474 Jul 22, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> Words are symbols that have no meaning beyond what you believe they possess, but my use of "garbage language" has certainly commanded your attention, hasn't it?
Yes. but so what?? They're stupid anyway. Why can't you just laugh about that fact and play around with the dogs? I do everyday. and I have to admit I'm addicted to the fun. They're so stupid that's it's like a "Turkey Shoot" where you gather a whole bunch of babbling stupid turkeys together in the same room and you just pick them all off. LOL!!! What could be better than that?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211475 Jul 22, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. but so what?? They're stupid anyway. Why can't you just laugh about that fact and play around with the dogs? I do everyday. and I have to admit I'm addicted to the fun. They're so stupid that's it's like a "Turkey Shoot" where you gather a whole bunch of babbling stupid turkeys together in the same room and you just pick them all off. LOL!!! What could be better than that?
Don't count me as an ally.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#211476 Jul 22, 2014
TO BMZ

Is mahboubian an iranian surname?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211477 Jul 22, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Don't count me as an ally.
Don't worry about it. No problem. LOL!!! I never need those anyway. I don't know why anybody does. It's all good anyway. Believe me.

Soooo, do you believe me? Do you believe me?? LOL!!
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211478 Jul 22, 2014
Gobble Gobble Gobble.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#211479 Jul 22, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
So on the one hand, Jesus kept a lot of women around, I assume because he was sleeping with them, then, on the other hand, Jesus was gay. LOL!!! You guys just make so much stuff up that you don't even pay attention to what you are saying half the time. Such a disgrace. You just can't get the lies out fast enough so you don't think.
The post was addressed to martinezjosei, who wrote:

"Typical Muslim evasion and distraction.
By attacking Christianity you evade Shammas point about the 6 year old and the pennis!"

That was a Tit for Tat. Please ignore that post. OK?

Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#211480 Jul 22, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
TO BMZ
Is mahboubian an iranian surname?
Yes. Quite a few people use that name.

Some spell it as Mahboobian.
bmz

Singapore

#211481 Jul 22, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
Silly!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211482 Jul 22, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been chastised of late for being insulting, and my critics have had a point. It's counterproductive, but you've blown right past that. It's all a game to you? Suit yourself.
bmz

Singapore

#211483 Jul 22, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 26
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
Luke 22
17 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
<quoted text>
I just had to give that one a second laugh. That one is right up there with fake Jesus being drunk on wine vinegar. you sure do come up with some doozies, I''ll say that much
Nothing in above confirms that he consumed an intoxicating drink.

Please allow me to comment on the language used:

Jesus said: " I will not drink of the fruit of the vine." This is bad English and I consider it is either archaic or the problem is with the Greek language, which is unfit for any Scripture.

One does not drink a fruit of the vine or the fruit of a vine. One drinks juice of a fruit.

Fruit of a vine does not mean wine. Other fruits and vegetables also grow on vines.

I am 100% sure that Jesus and his disciples drank grape juice. There is ongoing debate as to whether the grape juice was fermented or unfermented. I leave that to you and other Christian wine lovers.

You must drink only grape juice at communion after eating his flesh (khubz). Khubz is bread in Arabic.

Do you walk into the bar and tell the man at the bar, "I want a glass of the fruit of the vine"?

He will laugh at you.
bmz

Singapore

#211484 Jul 22, 2014
El Cid wrote:
I've been chastised of late for being insulting, and my critics have had a point. It's counterproductive, but you've blown right past that. It's all a game to you? Suit yourself.
That was touching!

I had told Seaside Soon long ago that I have always had a soft spot for you in my heart and I appreciate your response to Seeker.

I also feel bad for being harsh and rude at times and please accept my sincere apologies for the posts where I have hurt you, Buford.

Have a good night.

BMZ

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#211485 Jul 23, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
If you call accurately quoting from Muslims sources themselves hatred, then so be it. That's pretty much all that I do. That, and shoot holes through all of your silly little made up inventions about Islam that you make up to make Islam a comfortable religion for you.
Quoting from actual sources is not hatred, but the CONCLUSIONS you draw have to do with the hatred.

If you are not ready to accept the explanation provided by Muslim scholars and / or quote these sources and verses out of context, then it has every thing to with your hatred and spreading it.

That is how hate and hatred spreads, you draw your own conclusions and do not listen to the other side.
bmz

Singapore

#211486 Jul 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
IOW,
If Mohammad had never been born, the establishment of a Jewish state would not have led to 9/11.
No, not really.

The state wasn't established properly by the British and the US.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#211487 Jul 23, 2014
El Cid wrote:
IOW,
No, say it like this "If Abraham was not born"....we would have no Jews and No Christians and no Muslims... And no Israel and No Palestine and no WW-1 and no WW-2 and no holocaust ...

Compared to that 9/11 is nothing.

Why start from middle and leave the beginning...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 16 hr thetruth 14,671
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 31 thetruth 42
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul '15 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul '15 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web