Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253562 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#211031 Jul 16, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again showing you are an illiterate person.
How and when did you create the world and when was the first time you made your self known to the human race?
Do you realize nowhere do you claim to be a supernatural Being?
So all your posting is coming from your own human creative mind.
You are spewing out bull-shit the same as the Muslim bull-shitter BMZ.
So you have presented yourself as the naked Goddess with no clothes on to hide your shame of moronism.
There you go walking and talking bull shit again with your soiled brief around your ankles.

Your biblical Jesus also went out of the tomb naked after leaving the linen sheets neatly folded.

Mary Magdalene wanted to cling but he told her not to cling because he was naked.

goddess was sooooooooo right about you. lol!
the goddess

United States

#211032 Jul 16, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again showing you are an illiterate person.
How and when did you create the world and when was the first time you made your self known to the human race?
So you have presented yourself as the naked Goddess with no clothes on to hide your shame of moronism.
How and when did you create the world and when was the first time you made your self known to the human race? I don't know but I will ask Her when we meet.
Hmm...being human why would I.
Unlike, posting from your Satan fed mind.
He has better manners than you.
So you have presented yourself as the naked Goddess with no clothes on to hide your shame of moronism. WHEN? Why didn't I get PAID!
the goddess

United States

#211033 Jul 16, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text> There are all sorts ancient beliefs and artifacts of those. So what?
That was a general overview. The goddess was being worshiped 25,000 years ago. Unlike your story, my story has archaeological evidence to back it up. There is written archaological material stating Yahweh had a spouse, Asherah. In Christianity she was called Sophia, the greek word for wisdom. And within Christianity God and the goddess are androgenous.
http://firstnewtestament.com/christianity_los...
Here is a link to the Hagia Sophia. She is a beautiful christian byzantine church. It would be easier start there than 25,000 years ago.
http://mybyzantine.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/w...
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211034 Jul 16, 2014
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>How and when did you create the world and when was the first time you made your self known to the human race? I don't know but I will ask Her when we meet.
Can I be there too, with your specific permission, goddess? I could think of the funniest answer you could give back and it would only be one word and no other words with no other explanation. It's not the first time I have wished certain things to come true but they haven't. LOL!! Good stuff. I'm engaged.
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
I most certainly cockle doodle doo do realize that..
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...being human why would I.
You shouldn't take anything that I am saying seriously, as people shouldn't take what you say seriously. I am merely showing you the mirror. This is where I have been going with this whole time.
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the sarcastic comment where I said that I would make up my own reality like you did, came from that. Get it? Get it? Do you see what's going on right now? I would never bother to ask a Muslim about any thing like this and not even some Christians here (hint hint), because they are simply too stupid. So I am telling you that you are still at least interesting, rather than the normal mental meltdown that goes on in this place.

But you still have no basis for anything that you say, except for the fact that the conclusions you espouse are more favorable to your situation. I didn't just see this, I saw it from the beginning and recognized it when you first posted. I have already broken through the illusion of ME being important, so it makes it ridiculously easy to discern between truth, and what people need to be truth given their own personal desires.
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because he's a deceiver. Deceivers don't care about truth, they care about what people think about them, so they give nice compliments to others and appease them. And you are his latest attachment, but you are too naive to see this. Muslims can be some very very tricky people. Thank God they are never very good at it.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211035 Jul 16, 2014
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>How and when did you create the world and when was the first time you made your self known to the human race? I don't know but I will ask Her when we meet.
Why don't you ask her my real name next time you talk to her and post it here publicly? I listen to crap like this from so many users here and nothing ever happens. Why not?
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I haven't. Where did you think I ever did? So what? Are YOU one? Great, you can start by telling me my real name, and when you fail, you can create all of the familiar excuses. I'll give you a hint. I'm a pool cleaning boy. winkee winkee
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm...being human why would I
Just like your story. But mine is more desirable for most and walks straight in between the lines and right down the middle that works with modern life and general beliefs of people. Everything works in my story just like people's "instincts" tell them. And you tell yourself the same thing when you believe the story you have.

That's why Politicians do what they do before they create their own version of truth. They decide what works and what doesn't, because they know that the majority of people can't make truly objective decisions and instead decide upon things based on whether they make them feel good or not That's what your beliefs do for you. An alternate candidate spoke to your needs more than the main stream candidate. So you voted for the Honey Doo Witchee Poo platform. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I guess. LOL!!
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
((chuckle chuckle))
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because he is a very dishonest person who courts anybody that says anything bad about Judaism or Christianity. He'll stroke you all you want to keep you going through false, friendly gestures as long as you say what he wants. He has no integrity whatsoever.
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were a goddess, with the associated looks to go with it, I don't think it would be a very good idea if I walked around naked. Too much distraction. But YOU probably could, unless it was so bad that they classified it as the opposite and called it a public profanity. LOL!!!
John

Banksia Beach, Australia

#211036 Jul 16, 2014
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the compliment.
My problem with the idea of Jesus being a messiah is that Jesus showed no similarity to the god of the Old Testament. God in the Old Testament was cruel, allowing for rape, murder, slavery, and the selling of other human beings. While Christians claim that Jesus of the New Testament is representing love, faith and perfection. It is just a ruse to lure people to follow an evil god (satan).
http://www.rationalchristianity.net/ot_love.h...
Also, if the muzz lunatics are agreeing with you, then you are wrong.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#211037 Jul 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go walking and talking bull shit again with your soiled brief around your ankles.
Your biblical Jesus also went out of the tomb naked after leaving the linen sheets neatly folded.
Mary Magdalene wanted to cling but he told her not to cling because he was naked.
You couldn't translate the meaning of what a postage stamp is used for!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#211038 Jul 17, 2014
Prayer attributed to Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

Location hidden

#211039 Jul 17, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Prayer attributed to Saint Francis of Assisi
Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, harmony;
Where there is error, truth;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
The Muslim reply to St. Francis prayer is this:
Quran (8:12)- "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.
Muhammad had no spiritual power from God to rid the evil inside his heart.
bmz

Singapore

#211040 Jul 17, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.rationalchristianity.net/ot_love.h...
Also, if the muzz lunatics are agreeing with you, then you are wrong.
Rational Christianity? You must be joking.

Christianity is the most irrational, the most illogical and the most unreasonable faith.

Goddess has no quarrel with us. So, please discuss with her if you have the guts.

I like her writing style and admire her wit. She said it soooo well when she told Shamma that he was walking with his briefs around his ankles.
bmz

Singapore

#211041 Jul 17, 2014
Shamma wrote:
You couldn't translate the meaning of what a postage stamp is used for!
What was that word?

Actually, I had written this:

headlinesBiblePr ophecy

Marietta, GA

#211042 Jul 17, 2014

*ISRAEL & Antichrist : 7 Year Agreement SIGNED "suddenly" ---

http://youtu.be/rFKJ64c_uFA

the goddess

United States

#211043 Jul 17, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask her my real name next time you talk to her and post it here publicly? I listen to crap like this from so many users here and nothing ever happens. Why not?
<quoted text>
Of course I haven't. Where did you think I ever did? So what? Are YOU one? Great, you can start by telling me my real name, and when you fail, you can create all of the familiar excuses. I'll give you a hint. I'm a pool cleaning boy. winkee winkee
<quoted text>
Just like your story. But mine is more desirable for most and walks straight in between the lines and right down the middle that works with modern life and general beliefs of people. Everything works in my story just like people's "instincts" tell them. And you tell yourself the same thing when you believe the story you have.
That's why Politicians do what they do before they create their own version of truth. They decide what works and what doesn't, because they know that the majority of people can't make truly objective decisions and instead decide upon things based on whether they make them feel good or not That's what your beliefs do for you. An alternate candidate spoke to your needs more than the main stream candidate. So you voted for the Honey Doo Witchee Poo platform. GOOD FOR YOU!!! I guess. LOL!!
<quoted text>
((chuckle chuckle))
<quoted text>
That's because he is a very dishonest person who courts anybody that says anything bad about Judaism or Christianity. He'll stroke you all you want to keep you going through false, friendly gestures as long as you say what he wants. He has no integrity whatsoever.
<quoted text>
If I were a goddess, with the associated looks to go with it, I don't think it would be a very good idea if I walked around naked. Too much distraction. But YOU probably could, unless it was so bad that they classified it as the opposite and called it a public profanity. LOL!!!
And all your posting is coming from your Satan fed mind. Your problem is that you want to be in control of the forum, the big cheese. That's why you posted as you did when I first commented here. Telling a new poster to come back (when you say) shows you suffer from your own little god syndrome, just like Yah. You are brainless and arrogant. As far as a the goddess walking around naked, I don't think She would have to worry about perverts like you. You would be little more than a maggot to her. As far as the false friendly gestures you describe above, you are describing yourself. You didn't like when two separate conversations were occurring on the forum, as if you needed the spotlight on you when crowing your head off as a strutty banty rooster.
Your beliefs allow you to be spoon fed. Not have to think and be responsible for your mistakes. A lazy mans way to be led down satan's path. You couldn't respond to Yah not being able to heal the Israelites after sending the snakes to bite them. He had to go back to the goddess for "her power". Hitler would have had you wrapped around his little finger in a heart beat.

(a pool cleaning boy? I'm the age of your grandmother; you pool cleaning dumbass, winkie, winkie)
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211044 Jul 17, 2014
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't respond to Yah not being able to heal the Israelites after sending the snakes to bite them. He had to go back to the goddess for "her power".
Who said that ever happened? I've never heard of such a thing.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#211045 Jul 17, 2014
Question, do you feel that Thomas Jefferson an American Founding Father,LAWYER, and the PRINCIPAL author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States UNDERSTOOD the Constitution?

Now, IF the American Constitution supported homosexuality, why would Jefferson in 1779 write " a law in VIRGINIA which contained a PUNISHMENT of CASTRATION for men who engage in SODOMY"
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#211046 Jul 17, 2014
the goddess wrote:
<quoted text>That was a general overview. The goddess was being worshiped 25,000 years ago. Unlike your story, my story has archaeological evidence to back it up. There is written archaological material stating Yahweh had a spouse, Asherah. In Christianity she was called Sophia, the greek word for wisdom. And within Christianity God and the goddess are androgenous.
http://firstnewtestament.com/christianity_los...
Here is a link to the Hagia Sophia. She is a beautiful christian byzantine church. It would be easier start there than 25,000 years ago.
http://mybyzantine.wordpress.com/2010/12/30/w...
Boy, I don't even know where to start with that first link. It makes a whole bunch of statements and quotes only one or two verses to actually back it up and uses a very very odd and liberal interpretation of those verses. The guy even mistakenly says Genesis is from the Tanakh when it's from the Torah.

Location hidden

#211047 Jul 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What was that word?
Actually, I had written this:
Muslims have a dirty mind and an unclean heart.
Muslims are taught by Muhammad to hate the true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Muhammad in the Quran abrogated the Holy Scriptures of the Jewish Tanakh that refers to God's Holy Priesthood.
By doing that Muhammad now could form his own religion and pagan beliefs and present them to the Muslims as being sent down from heaven by God through an angel and the ignorant pagan Arabs would not know the truth as to who Jesus is.

13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, 14 saying,“I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.”d 15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

16 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

where did Jesus get the clothes he was wearing when Mary Magdalene met him in the garden? Which of those parties listed above could have given him the clothes he was wearing when Mary saw him? Unless he was standing there naked, he had to have been clothed, and Mary mistook him for a gardener. We know from the previous verses that Jesus was NOT wearing the clothes which Joseph and Nicodemus had wrapped him in. Nor are we told that Joseph left behind a change of clothes for Jesus in the tomb, thinking he would need them after he raised from the dead.

The prison guards didn't flee back to the priests naked, so Jesus did steal their clothes from them. Peter and the other disciple came after Mary Magdalene saw him clothed in the garden, and Mary saw him clothed. So, the only possible explanations of wear Jesus got his clothes are:

1. He just got them supernaturally, from God, or

2. The angels brought him the clothes

In Jesus time, the gardeners of those days dressed very similar, in linen, to how the high priest on Yom Kippur would when he entered the Holy of Holies once a year. It is very possible that the angels brought him his NEW HIGH PRIESTLY GARMENTS FROM HEAVEN, and Jesus was dressed as the high priest would be dressed on Yom Kippur. Why? Because, again, the priesthood at this point was completely transferred to Jesus Christ, and he was now functioning as the high priest of our profession:

The Muslim ignorance of God is an evil thing to behold.
Every day Muslims murder Christians out of ignorance of who Jesus Christ truly is.
Jesus is God in the flesh.
The Savior of all humanity.
the goddess

United States

#211048 Jul 17, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, I don't even know where to start with that first link. It makes a whole bunch of statements and quotes only one or two verses to actually back it up and uses a very very odd and liberal interpretation of those verses. The guy even mistakenly says Genesis is from the Tanakh when it's from the Torah.
The Tanakh is the complete holy scriptures, the Hebrew Bible.
the goddess

United States

#211049 Jul 17, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims have a dirty mind and an unclean heart.
Muslims are taught by Muhammad to hate the true God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
Muhammad in the Quran abrogated the Holy Scriptures of the Jewish Tanakh that refers to God's Holy Priesthood.
By doing that Muhammad now could form his own religion and pagan beliefs and present them to the Muslims as being sent down from heaven by God through an angel and the ignorant pagan Arabs would not know the truth as to who Jesus is.
13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, 14 saying,“I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.”d 15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.
16 People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. 17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. 19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.
where did Jesus get the clothes he was wearing when Mary Magdalene met him in the garden? Which of those parties listed above could have given him the clothes he was wearing when Mary saw him? Unless he was standing there naked, he had to have been clothed, and Mary mistook him for a gardener. We know from the previous verses that Jesus was NOT wearing the clothes which Joseph and Nicodemus had wrapped him in. Nor are we told that Joseph left behind a change of clothes for Jesus in the tomb, thinking he would need them after he raised from the dead.
The prison guards didn't flee back to the priests naked, so Jesus did steal their clothes from them. Peter and the other disciple came after Mary Magdalene saw him clothed in the garden, and Mary saw him clothed. So, the only possible explanations of wear Jesus got his clothes are:
1. He just got them supernaturally, from God, or
2. The angels brought him the clothes
In Jesus time, the gardeners of those days dressed very similar, in linen, to how the high priest on Yom Kippur would when he entered the Holy of Holies once a year. It is very possible that the angels brought him his NEW HIGH PRIESTLY GARMENTS FROM HEAVEN, and Jesus was dressed as the high priest would be dressed on Yom Kippur. Why? Because, again, the priesthood at this point was completely transferred to Jesus Christ, and he was now functioning as the high priest of our profession:
The Muslim ignorance of God is an evil thing to behold.
Every day Muslims murder Christians out of ignorance of who Jesus Christ truly is.
Jesus is God in the flesh.
The Savior of all humanity.
You still haven't answered why Yah didn't use his own power to save the Israelites after he sent the snakes to bite them. Why did he have to use a copper snake twined about a pole, an emblem of the "cult" of the goddess? If he had any power of his own he would not have had Moses create the copper snake. And to uphold the coming of Jesus Christ is sidestepping the question. It will not answer it.
the goddess

United States

#211050 Jul 17, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Question, do you feel that Thomas Jefferson an American Founding Father,LAWYER, and the PRINCIPAL author of the Declaration of Independence and the third President of the United States UNDERSTOOD the Constitution?
Now, IF the American Constitution supported homosexuality, why would Jefferson in 1779 write " a law in VIRGINIA which contained a PUNISHMENT of CASTRATION for men who engage in SODOMY"
Because the constitution was written concerning free white males. He was thinking in line with his own prejudices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 8 hr thetruth 4,692
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun '16 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web