Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,558

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#210161 Jul 3, 2014
ANGELS

The so-called angels who appeared before Mary were most probably skilled sorcerers who were held in awe by the common people. It often happens that commoners hold sorcerers with special powers in high esteem and call them god, prophet or angel. OTOH, during a possession, the incarnating being may manifest itself to the possessed person via light and sound making the possessed person think that it is some divine being. Even the adverse beings can engineers all of these phenomena. Nothing special or unique.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#210162 Jul 3, 2014
Shamma wrote:
Psalm 51:11
New International Version
Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.
My spirit is bored and fed up of you. Please stay at least 100 metres away from My spirit. Thanks.

My spirit has already cast you away. lol!

On a serious note,'My spirit' simply means 'I'.
MUQ1

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#210163 Jul 4, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that Jesus never met with his mother prost-resurrection? Because there is no mention of it in the Gospel accounts? When did you become a believer?
As for the rest of your smear:
http://biblehub.com/john/2-4.htm
Parallel Verses
New International Version
"Woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My hour has not yet come."
New Living Translation
"Dear woman, that's not our problem," Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come."
English Standard Version
And Jesus said to her,“Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.”
New American Standard Bible
And Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does that have to do with us? My hour has not yet come."
King James Bible
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
"What has this concern of yours to do with Me, woman?" Jesus asked. "My hour has not yet come.""
International Standard Version
"How does that concern us, dear lady?" Jesus asked her. "My time hasn't come yet."
NET Bible
Jesus replied, "Woman, why are you saying this to me? My time has not yet come."
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Yeshua said to her,“What do we have in common, woman? My hour has not quite yet come.”
GOD'S WORD® Translation
Jesus said to her, "Why did you come to me? My time has not yet come."
Jubilee Bible 2000
Jesus said unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? My hour is not yet come.
King James 2000 Bible
Jesus said unto her, Woman, what have I to do with you? my hour has not yet come.
American King James Version
Jesus said to her, Woman, what have I to do with you? my hour is not yet come.
American Standard Version
And Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Douay-Rheims Bible
And Jesus saith to her: Woman, what is that to me and to thee? my hour is not yet come.
Darby Bible Translation
Jesus says to her, What have I to do with thee, woman? mine hour has not yet come.
English Revised Version
And Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Webster's Bible Translation
Jesus saith to her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? my hour is not yet come.
Weymouth New Testament
"Leave the matter in my hands," He replied; "the time for me to act has not yet come."
Why give 100 Translation, why not Quote, what Jesus REALLY said!!

I am sorry, NONE of his actual words were saved. First SOMEONE translated it in GREEK and now you are giving 100 English Translations from Greek, or Latin or whatever...

Poor Jesus!! ONLY words of him that are saved are FEW "Bits and Pieces" that we find scattered in Gospels. All words spoken by him are LOST FOREVER!!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#210164 Jul 4, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>There you said it again. Must be something to it if you say it over and over
"Your god condones impregnating women without their consent, not my G-d." ~ Eric the Jew
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#210165 Jul 4, 2014
JOEL wrote:
ANGELS
The so-called angels who appeared before Mary were most probably skilled sorcerers who were held in awe by the common people. It often happens that commoners hold sorcerers with special powers in high esteem and call them god, prophet or angel. OTOH, during a possession, the incarnating being may manifest itself to the possessed person via light and sound making the possessed person think that it is some divine being. Even the adverse beings can engineers all of these phenomena. Nothing special or unique.
Mr. Most Probably,

How many skilled sorcerers have you met at the Taj?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#210166 Jul 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why give 100 Translation, why not Quote, what Jesus REALLY said!!
I am sorry, NONE of his actual words were saved. First SOMEONE translated it in GREEK and now you are giving 100 English Translations from Greek, or Latin or whatever...
Poor Jesus!! ONLY words of him that are saved are FEW "Bits and Pieces" that we find scattered in Gospels. All words spoken by him are LOST FOREVER!!
YOUR Jesus delivered a sermon from his cradle! These words of his were SAVED verbatim and translated into ARABIC, Quraysh dialect!!! See: Qur'an 19:29-31
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#210167 Jul 4, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>love means you have choices. Mary had no choice.
You presume much.
Alex WM

London, UK

#210168 Jul 4, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I have to go back and search a whole bunch of pages for the moron who doesn't read? I'll just answer it again, just like i did before.
<quoted text>
There was no implication that it is bad to be Jewish. I and Jews themselves, find the attempt to equate Hitler to Judaism to be offensive. So it is my respect for Judaism that causes me to be offended by the statement as many Jews would, and even many non Jews would.
If I had to ask Eric or any other Jew here who he feels is more anti semetic, me or you, well, I wouldn't even have to ask. It would be a stupid question.
<quoted text>
If you insist there are anti semetic Jews, then I guess we should ask a Jew whether that is true or not, right? I'm no expert on Judaism. Never claimed to be. Never cared to be.
<quoted text>
I said, I'm not Jewish and I asked you to ask a Jew in number 4.
As far as listing all of the semetic peoples, I suppose I could just look that up, but I could care less to even bother to try. That's all your invention and introduction into the conversation, not mine. I only used the word semetic because you said this: "why are you being so antisemitic in implying that being Jewish is BAD?". I rarely bother to use the word. You introduced it out of nowhere merely because I found it objectionable to suggest that Hitler was Jewish. I certainly wasn't disappointed that such a great guy like Hitler ended up being Jewish. THEN I would be anti Jewish. But being offended at the suggestion that a monster like that was Jewish, especially considering what he did to the Jews specifically, certainly does not seem anti Jewish at all. Only the most stupid, twisted minds such as yours would ever arrive at the conclusion you arrived at. Honestly, how DO you DO it??? It amazes me. The perfect, cross eyed logic.
You sound like a pregnant hyena....
Here are the questions....one by one...
1. Why did BJ come in human form according to you "christians?
Alex WM

London, UK

#210169 Jul 4, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>or she was resigned to the inevitable.
Perhaps she was offered the honour of being the first IVF surrogate 2000 years ahead of time (my guess)....and being given the honour of being highest among all women until end times (according to Islam)
Alex WM

London, UK

#210170 Jul 4, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Do you love your wife PEREFECTLY? Of course not. THAT has been my question with regard to Mary and her pregnancy with Jesus, but it suits your Jewish soul just fine to call the Christian "god" a rapist...
Do I hold you in contempt?
You uneducated moron....
Why blame Eric when your books clearly imply that daddy god was pinning the poor girl down while ghostie god had a pop at the poor rape victim....
Clean up your books....
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210171 Jul 4, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>So, Mary saying, "Let it be done to me" is not consent at all, but rather Mary knuckling under to the IMPOSSIBL:E TO RESIST DIVINE IMPOSITION!!!
I see it as consent, but I also can't see how she could have said no. This is why the whole "consent" argument bothers me when it comes to God. That works with humans, but with God? Heck, none of us even gave our consent to be born, so i guess we are all raped in a sense if one wants to look at it that way. As I said before, we can question whether Moses actually consented to be a Prophet or not. He seemed less willing at first to do the will of God than Mary apparently was. The only objection she gave was that she didn't think it was possible, but she had zero complaints when she was told that it was.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#210172 Jul 4, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
LOL!!! Well, I often use the word "Jew" here because I see nothing wrong with the word, but I'm not sure I mean the same thing you seemed to sound like you did. I guess context is everything.

Just remember. Jesus was a Jew. In fact, he even said that salvation comes through the Jews.

19 “Sir,” the woman said,“I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.” 21 “Woman,” Jesus replied,“believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
LOL!

So, please renounce the Christianity founded by pagans and become a Jew like Jesus. Listen to Jesus the Jew.

I like the part played by that smart woman. She told him that he was a prophet and Jesus did not object to being a prophet.

And when she said that she and her people were waiting for the messiah, Jesus sheepishly replied, "I am he".

I don't know when the Bible mills will amend the following:

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”" The word Spirit should be removed and the sentence should read as follows to make sense:

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship God in true spirit."
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210173 Jul 4, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like a pregnant hyena....
Here are the questions....one by one...
1. Why did BJ come in human form according to you "christians?
I do not see any place in the New Testament where the reason for this was specifically explained. If someone else knows verses that explain this, then maybe they can correct me. But as far as I can tell, as to why it is merely a guess. I don't even see an explained reason for why God even created humans. Why does God do so many of the things that God does that we can't figure out? Why does God allow a baby to be born blind or with no arms or no legs or two babies to be born joined at the head? If you think EVERYTHING needs to be explained, then maybe you should start there.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210174 Jul 4, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>What you have UTTERLY discounted is the possibility that Mary was in fact in love with God and would do whatever God asked of her.
Why is this?
I'd e careful using the term "in love" given the context of the conversation and maybe you wanted to say "loved".
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210175 Jul 4, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was offered the honour of being the first IVF surrogate 2000 years ahead of time (my guess)....and being given the honour of being highest among all women until end times (according to Islam)
I mentioned to Eric that Muslims take it the furthest and claim that God and the Holy Spirit tag teamed Mary, and God literally stuck his unit in her from behind. It takes a special kind of mind to interpret those verses that way.
Eric

United States

#210176 Jul 4, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Alec, in Luke she was given no offer. She was told what was going to happen. As they say in the movies, "I have an offer you can't refuse. "

What does the Qu'ran say?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210177 Jul 4, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
So, please renounce the Christianity founded by pagans and become a Jew like Jesus. Listen to Jesus the Jew.
I have moved past "religions". That's for people who don't know any better and can't think for themselves.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the part played by that smart woman. She told him that he was a prophet and Jesus did not object to being a prophet.
And when she said that she and her people were waiting for the messiah, Jesus sheepishly replied, "I am he".
Isn't that the affirmative "yes" that you are always screaming for?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know when the Bible mills will amend the following:
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”" The word Spirit should be removed and the sentence should read as follows to make sense:
"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship God in true spirit."
I think it meant that it is now time to stop giving reverence to locations and things and making them holy and give reverence to the spiritual aspect within you. Find God there. God wants to be worshiped from the heart on a spiritual level, rather than with empty sacrifices. It's time to grow.

Come on, you're an ex Priest and you couldn't even imagine what I just said? Really? You don't seem very knowledgeable, studied or even bright for being an ex Priest. I don't know why I have to exp;lain this to an ex Priest.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210178 Jul 4, 2014
Whoops, sorry about the ex Priest stuff BMZ. Scratch that. You began to sound so much like Alex that I forgot who i was posting to. You are merely the world's foremost expert on the Quran, so you shouldn't be expected to understand the Bible.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#210179 Jul 4, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
I almost forgot something. Thanks for reminding me. So why didn't fake Jesus scream "I'm not Jesus" over and over again?
Last I checked, you were re piecing together a new story after the old one had self contradictions. How are you making out with that project? Don't blow the invention lab up by mixing the wrong things together.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#210180 Jul 4, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You uneducated moron....
Why blame Eric when your books clearly imply that daddy god was pinning the poor girl down while ghostie god had a pop at the poor rape victim....
Clean up your books....
You educated idiot,

Clean up your filthy mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web