Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253910 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#206441 May 12, 2014
Helena wrote:
Islam forever
Indeed!

Salaams

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#206442 May 12, 2014
somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
what is your religion?
I believe Eric is a Jew Muslim that hates Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Eric is ignorant like Muslims are about the meaning of repentance he has no idea what it means to be reborn again.
somebody

Miami, FL

#206443 May 12, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Judaism. What's yours?
my family are orthodox Christian. does Judaism tell you to hate other religions ?
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#206444 May 12, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Eric is a Jew Muslim that hates Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Eric is ignorant like Muslims are about the meaning of repentance he has no idea what it means to be reborn again.
1. I do not hate the historic Jesus. The historic Jesus was a great Jewish reformer whose followers bastardized his teachings after his death to entice the gentiles to convert. The philosophy of the historic Jesus is aligned with much of the theology of current Jewish thinking.

2. As you have ably demonstrated today, you have no idea how to repent. At least El Cid is honest about the idea.

3. One doesn't have to be reborn. Rebirth is a Christian idea. Again it was for the gentiles. As a Jew I was always born of G-d and there is no reason for "rebirth". Note John 1 doesn't say anything about being born of Jesus.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#206445 May 12, 2014
Shamma wrote:
I believe Eric is a Jew Muslim that hates Jesus Christ the Son of God.

You believe in many stupid things and lies against the LORD.

Muslims do not hate Jesus, Fool. Muslims love the true Son of Mary. So, how can you say that Eric hates Jesus?

It is the Christian God, who hated Jesus soooo much that he had him killed.

For us, repentance is no bloody drama. You sin against God, you beg and ask for God's forgiveness direct!!! And once you have repented sincerely, do not do that again. If you do, you go to hell.

And if you do anything wrong to your fellow man or woman, ask him or her to forgive you. Even God will not forgive you until that person forgives you.

You do not need Jesus or a priest or any other clown for this.
somebody

Miami, FL

#206446 May 12, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I believe Eric is a Jew Muslim that hates Jesus Christ the Son of God.
I think Eric is trying to find what to believe. Why do you think Muslims are ignorant? we are talking about billions of muslims, we can call all ignorant .If you are born again I don't think you will hate people

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#206447 May 12, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

I had two Asian Pear trees in the yard. After 10 years, one continued to produce fruit. The other NEVER produced fruit(So last year I had it cut down.) This year my fruiting tree is even producing more fruit.
So, now, using the same logic, why don't you murder one of your kids who is unproductive?
somebody

Miami, FL

#206448 May 12, 2014
we can't call all of them are ignorant

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#206449 May 12, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>

"Teshuvá is the key concept in the rabbinic view of sin, repentance, and forgiveness.
A cause cannot be erased no matter what one does to make amends.

No one escapes the effect of a cause despite bold talks from scripture.

Good or bad effects have to be borne by a person in keeping with the law of cause and effect.

Everything else is nonsense.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#206450 May 12, 2014
Neither the priests nor the rabbis nor some monstrous creature calling itself G-d nor asking for forgiveness nor prayers nor penance can erase the causal law governing human karma. Each human act bears an effect - either good or bad. The sum total of a human being's acts gives rise to a cumulative causation that shapes one's life events.
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#206451 May 12, 2014
somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
my family are orthodox Christian. does Judaism tell you to hate other religions ?
Judaism is the only faction of the believers of the monotheistic G-d of Abraham that believes that the other factions can find favor with G-d also. The Christians believe that only they will go to heaven. The Muslims believe that only they will find the upper most level of paradise. Jews believe all who follow 7 basic laws of G-d that pre-date Abraham will find favor with G-d.

You have to go back to the beginning of the discussion with Shamma. He started the insults. He truly does hate all religions except Christianity and I might extend that to all religions except Catholicism. He can't have a civil conversation. He resorts to name calling whenever he disagrees with someone else's point of view.

The fact that I disagree with Christian theology doesn't mean that I hate Christians. I just disagree with their theology. I believe they can find favor with G-d because there is nothing in Christianity that would violate the 7 basic laws. Not following the 7 basic laws is another question.

As an Orthodox Christian, do you believe that Jews and Muslims can go to heaven? If you don't, does that mean that you hate Jews and Muslims?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#206452 May 12, 2014
I'll soon be typing out a note on the 6 Opulences ooops I meant on the 6 Abominations of Krishna and showing why the monster was a mere demon in disguise.
somebody

Miami, FL

#206453 May 12, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in many stupid things and lies against the LORD.
Muslims do not hate Jesus, Fool. Muslims love the true Son of Mary. So, how can you say that Eric hates Jesus?
It is the Christian God, who hated Jesus soooo much that he had him killed.
For us, repentance is no bloody drama. You sin against God, you beg and ask for God's forgiveness direct!!! And once you have repented sincerely, do not do that again. If you do, you go to hell.
And if you do anything wrong to your fellow man or woman, ask him or her to forgive you. Even God will not forgive you until that person forgives you.
You do not need Jesus or a priest or any other clown for this.
Do you know why Jesus have to die on the cross?
do you think there are people that live without sin? do you think begging and repenting alone will clean from the filthy work we do and think everyday?
There is no God that say if you sin and do it again you go to hell. In that case every human will go to hell lol

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#206454 May 12, 2014
Judaism is a monolateristic tribal cult and not a monotheistic faith as it is being made out to be. The chosen deity of Judaism, El, is a pre-Judaic deity dating back to the savage tribes of the ME.
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#206455 May 12, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
I'll soon be typing out a note on the 6 Opulences ooops I meant on the 6 Abominations of Krishna and showing why the monster was a mere demon in disguise.
What happened to your promised expose on atheism? Don't you think you should finish one project before you start another?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#206456 May 12, 2014
GOING TO HEAVEN IS SUCH A CHILDISH IDEA

Going to heaven is such a childish Semitic idea.

Krishna the fool also talks about his worshippers entering his heaven after death.

All that is fiction and megalomania and just another form of mind control of the gullible masses.

There exist favorable and unfavorable psychological states that the disembodied psychic (soul) experiences after death in keeping with its earthly deeds and with respect to the degree of evolution of its individualized consciousness that're shaped by heredity, education, karma, environment, diet and other contributory factors.

Every event faced by the psychic when in the body or out out it follows a causal law.
somebody

Miami, FL

#206457 May 12, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Judaism is the only faction of the believers of the monotheistic G-d of Abraham that believes that the other factions can find favor with G-d also. The Christians believe that only they will go to heaven. The Muslims believe that only they will find the upper most level of paradise. Jews believe all who follow 7 basic laws of G-d that pre-date Abraham will find favor with G-d.
You have to go back to the beginning of the discussion with Shamma. He started the insults. He truly does hate all religions except Christianity and I might extend that to all religions except Catholicism. He can't have a civil conversation. He resorts to name calling whenever he disagrees with someone else's point of view.
The fact that I disagree with Christian theology doesn't mean that I hate Christians. I just disagree with their theology. I believe they can find favor with G-d because there is nothing in Christianity that would violate the 7 basic laws. Not following the 7 basic laws is another question.
As an Orthodox Christian, do you believe that Jews and Muslims can go to heaven? If you don't, does that mean that you hate Jews and Muslims?
Judaism is not the only faction of a believer of monotheistic God, Since Islam and Christianity are also monotheistic by nature. All what people say are wrong. NoBODY know for sure who is going to heaven or hell . shamma is wrong but that don't make you right since you think Judaism is only the truth. its not you disagree with Christian theology you hate Christians too. Nobody follow any law especially in this century, does that mean everyone is going to hell? its hard to know who can go to heaven or hell . I do believe that we are tested constantly by God and Angels God send. And if you can't pass that test then I believe you can't go to heaven.
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#206459 May 12, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
GOING TO HEAVEN IS SUCH A CHILDISH IDEA
Going to heaven is such a childish Semitic idea.
Krishna the fool also talks about his worshippers entering his heaven after death.
All that is fiction and megalomania and just another form of mind control of the gullible masses.
There exist favorable and unfavorable psychological states that the disembodied psychic (soul) experiences after death in keeping with its earthly deeds and with respect to the degree of evolution of its individualized consciousness that're shaped by heredity, education, karma, environment, diet and other contributory factors.
Every event faced by the psychic when in the body or out out it follows a causal law.
It's not Semitic. Jews don't believe. Christians borrowed their ideas of the afterlife from the Greeks and Romans. Muslims from the Christians.

So, if there exists "favorable and unfavorable psychological states that the disembodied psychic (soul) experiences after death in keeping with its earthly deeds and with respect to the degree of evolution of its individualized consciousness that're shaped by heredity, education, karma, environment, diet and other contributory factors", what's the difference. You call it whatever you call it. Christians call it heaven. Muslims call it paradise.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#206460 May 12, 2014
I mean I expect a born fanatical idiot like the late Mother Teresa and others of her lowly ilk of talking about good Christians going to heaven after death and other rubbish of this kind.
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#206461 May 12, 2014
somebody wrote:
<quoted text>
Judaism is not the only faction of a believer of monotheistic God, Since Islam and Christianity are also monotheistic by nature. All what people say are wrong. NoBODY know for sure who is going to heaven or hell . shamma is wrong but that don't make you right since you think Judaism is only the truth. its not you disagree with Christian theology you hate Christians too. Nobody follow any law especially in this century, does that mean everyone is going to hell? its hard to know who can go to heaven or hell . I do believe that we are tested constantly by God and Angels God send. And if you can't pass that test then I believe you can't go to heaven.
You need to slow down and read what I actually said.

"Judaism is the only faction of the believers of the monotheistic G-d of Abraham that believes that the other factions can find favor with G-d also."

As you see, I acknowledged that there are other factions and that they too can find favor with G-d.

Let's make sure what you are saying. Do you believe that Jews and Muslims who do not accept Jesus as the son of G-d/G-d in human form will go to heaven? It seems like previously you said that Jesus was necessary to ward off the ill effects of sin. What of those who don't believe and accept this concept?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr thetruth 4,818
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 2 hr thetruth 797
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 7 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 11
Anyone still at this forum Tue Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web