Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256289 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#205988 May 4, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many killings in the world was inspired by the Jesus, prince of peace? Just count the numbers during WW-1 and WW-2 alone.
Those numbers itself would be double than all the killings done by all other religions joined together.
First get your house in order.
SHOW ME THE NEW TESTAMENT VERSES WHERE JESUS INSPIRES WAR.
Now compare it to the number of times the evil,'collect souls for satan' Quran encourages it!
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#205991 May 4, 2014
•"Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan." Exodus 22:22

•"Do not deny justice to your poor people in their lawsuits." Exodus 23:6

•"Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God." Leviticus 19:10

•"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing." Deuteronomy 10:18

•"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

•"Do not take advantage of a hired man who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother Israelite or an alien living in one of your towns." Deuteronomy 24:14

•"Do not deprive the alien or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge." Deuteronomy 24:17

•"'Cursed is the man who withholds justice from the alien, the fatherless or the widow.' Then all the people shall say, Amen!'" Deuteronomy 27:19

•"He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor." 1 Samuel 2:8

•"My whole being will exclaim, Who is like you, 0 LORD? You rescue the poor from those too strong for them, the poor and needy from those who rob them.'" Psalm 35:10

•"The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright." Psalm 37:14

•"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling." Psalm 68:5
Jesus Is

Doonside, Australia

#205992 May 5, 2014
ISLAM'S LATEST CONTRIBUTIONS TO WORLD PEACE:

2014.05.03 (Mogadishu, Somalia)- Seven people are laid out by an al-Shabaab bomb blast at a busy intersection.
2014.05.03 (Tikrit, Iraq)- Four Shia pilgrims are sent straight to Allah by Sunni car bombers.
2014.05.02 (Hama, Syria)- Eleven children are among eighteen innocents disassembled by two suicide car bombers.
2014.05.02 (El-Tor, Egypt)- One passenger is killed when a suicide bomber detonates next to a bus.
2014.05.02 (Benghazi, Libya)- Islamists storm a police station and murder nine people.
2014.05.01 (Sambisa, Nigeria)- Pro-Sharia militants stop cars along the highway and butcher the occupants with knives.

* Sources for individual incidents can be provided upon request.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#205993 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
PERPETUATING SUFFERING:
KRISHNA said in the Gita: "A doer of good never comes to evil, either here or in the world to come”
My friend JOEL,

I am sorry to say this, but you have once again confirmed your lack of Knowledge and understanding of Bhagavad Gita. You have quoted the above verse from Bhagavad Gita totally out of context and in isolation. The above Verse is in reply to Arjuna's doubts about the fate of those unsuccessful YOGIS who initially took the path of self realization, but fails to complete the full journey due to earthly entanglements. Please refer the following -

arjuna uvaca
ayatih sraddhayopeto
yogac calita-manasah
aprapya yoga-samsiddhim
kam gatim krsna gacchati (Gita 6:37)

Meaning : Arjuna said: What is the destination of the man of faith who does not persevere, who in the beginning takes to the process of self-realization but who later desists due to worldly-mindedness and thus does not attain perfection in mysticism?

kaccin nobhaya-vibhrastas
chinnabhram iva nasyati
apratistho maha-baho
vimudho brahmanah pathi (Gita 6:38)

Meaning : O mighty-armed Krsna, does not such a man, being deviated from the path of Transcendence, perish like a riven cloud, with no position in any sphere?

etan me samsayam krsna
chettum arhasy asesatah
tvad-anyah samsayasyasya
chetta na hy upapadyate (Gita 6:39)

Meaning : This is my doubt, O Krsna, and I ask You to dispel it completely. But for Yourself, no one is to be found who can destroy this doubt.

And it is in reply to the above doubts raised by the Devotee Arjuna, Lord Krishna spoke the following Verse that you falsely quoted -

sri-bhagavan uvaca
partha naiveha namutra
vinasas tasya vidyate
na hi kalyana-krt kascid
durgatim tata gacchati (Gita 6:40)

Meaning : The Blessed Lord said: Son of Prtha, a transcendentalist engaged in auspicious activities does not meet with destruction either in this world or in the spiritual world; one who does good, My friend, is never overcome by evil.

Here, destruction does not refer to the Bodily Destruction at all. If it was, then there is no meaning of Arjuna's questions in Verse 37 & 38, Here Arjuna is clearly asking about the fate of the "Soul". Hence, Lord "Krishna" clarifies that a "Soul" that once takes the path of Devotion, even if unsuccessful, will not perish and will definitely get further opportunities to revive his divine wisdom, if not in this life, then in the next or, there after.

You are totally wrong in associating this verse with Physical destruction of the warriors in Kurukshetra War. First get some clarity of mind before you become eligible to comment on Gita.
Yes

Jackson, MO

#205994 May 5, 2014
Pardon me please,

JESUS is .. Awesome !!

For my entire day I've been seeking, reaching out in desperation .. as I have on many days before. I can hardly believe it would be this discussion that would give me the peace I needed when it seemed all other discussions failed me.

Thank You

Peace :)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#205995 May 5, 2014
PUBH wrote:
Why are Muslims consistently the most stupid people on the planet? It can't be a genetic thing, so it must be an Islamic thing.
I think stupid people are attracted by stupid religions. Stupid religions are made for stupid people.

Any averagely logic person who happens to be born from a muslim family, at one point will leave that religion, like that ex-muslim you've talked about.

I suspect here we are dealing with the most stupid muslims the Earth have seen so far
Yes

Jackson, MO

#205996 May 5, 2014
Yeah sure,.. and isn't that just what many tell us Christians? We're stupid for believing ..

Can you just imagine if we had grown up in a culture that taught the other religions?

How will 'our' God reach all those that have never heard of JESUS?
Yes

Jackson, MO

#205997 May 5, 2014
Dare I risk the clueless, off topic spam icons by asking this question?

Do we believe Obama is influenced by any of the Muslim teachings?
Sorry, couldn't resist.

I know many discussions on religion get very ugly and I do so appreciate when Christians edify others rather than demean them. What better way to show them ... a better way, if possible?

Location hidden

#205998 May 5, 2014
Yes wrote:
Yeah sure,.. and isn't that just what many tell us Christians? We're stupid for believing ..
Can you just imagine if we had grown up in a culture that taught the other religions?
How will 'our' God reach all those that have never heard of JESUS?
What nonsense are you blabbering about?

Any person has a certain degree of stupidity. In certain individuals that degree is way higher.

The only ones who behave in the most miserable and dishonest way, thinking that no one will find out when it's so evident we did find, are the Muslims.

Any person here that have dealt with them will come to that conclusion.
Guy

Hyderabad, India

#205999 May 5, 2014
This is the God Of Mohmed ie Allah!

U beleive in Mohmed,let me show to you the nature of the man whom you beleive.whose deceitful words you belive..

compare with Jesus and hope you could draw the simple conclusion....

##########

Noble Koran came out from Noble Mohmeds mouth?????
##########

--Muhammad’s marriage to 6yr old Aisha(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234 and 236).

– Aisha cleans Muhammad’s semen stains-(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 4, Number 229-233),---shameful !!!

– Muhammad fondling Aisha during her ‘Menses’-(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298-300, Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 1, Number 0270)------HORRID!!!

– Muhammad liked to have intercourse with Aisha and his other wives when they were menstruating (Sahih Muslim, Book 003, Number 0577-0579),-----ABOMINATION!!

– He also loved to recite the Quran when his wives were in Menses while lying between their legs!-(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 296),(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 639)--KORAN READING????

++++++++++
what the Bible speaks about Mohmed's sin for having sex during his wives Menses periods...
++++++++++

The Bible makes it clear that God's view of a woman's monthly cycle is one of disgust and an unclean thing, and intercourse during this time is something He hates.

Sex During Menstruation

You shall not approach a woman to uncover her nakedness as long as she is in her customary impurity.(Leviticus 18:19)
I. God hates it.
Indeed the marriage bed is undefiled
(Hebrews 13:4), but there is something that can defile the marriage bed. Besides "strangers with you" (Proverbs 5:17), sexual intercourse during menstruation also defiles.

Conclusion
The Bible makes it clear that God's view of a woman's monthly cycle is one of disgust and an unclean thing, and intercourse during this time is something He hates. It's an abomination to Him.

So, be warned, those who practice what God hates will spend forever in eternal torment in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8), because they are abominable and unclean (Ephesians 5:5).

It's an abomination to Him. So, be warned, those who practice what God hates will spend forever in eternal torment in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8), because they are abominable and unclean (Ephesians 5:5).

JUST IMAGINE WHERE MOHMED IS AND COULD U IMAGINE RECITING KORAN
He also loved to recite the Quran when his wives were in Menses while lying between their legs!-(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 6, Number 296),(Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 639)------THIS IS THE VALUE OF KORAN..UR A FOLLOWER OF MOHMED! UR BETTING ON THIS PERVERT TO TAKE U TO HEAVEN????? GOOD LUCK!!?
Yes

Jackson, MO

#206000 May 5, 2014
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
What nonsense are you blabbering about?
Any person has a certain degree of stupidity. In certain individuals that degree is way higher.
The only ones who behave in the most miserable and dishonest way, thinking that no one will find out when it's so evident we did find, are the Muslims.
Any person here that have dealt with them will come to that conclusion.
Okay fine, you are more familiar with these posters and their religion and I most certainly am only just learning a thing or two of their religion after reading about five pages of this discussion.

Any person has a certain degree of stupidity? Wouldn't that be more like ignorance, if only speaking for myself? It would be stupid of me to decide to follow Allah now rather than stay with the teachings I've received about Jesus. I do find it rather stupid how some Christians debate their case and beliefs and how they don't find it stupid to disparage others, but now you've made it clear you are so familiar with their stupidity (according to you), I suppose that justifies your tone.

What nonsense was I blabbering about? I guess I'm just glad I'm not trying to learn about Jesus through the way you are speaking with others since that is not how JWDI. I would have been interested in how you would have addressed my question about .. what if we were born to their way of thinking?

Peace regardless and I most certainly mean you no offense.
Yes

Jackson, MO

#206001 May 5, 2014
After reading that piece from Guy, I chuckle with a bit of confidence that the Quran doesn't have an Old and New Covenant. Right?

It was enough for me to see (not for the first time) they encourage killing those that don't believe their god's way and what they put their own people through when they don't measure up in their view.

*dang
JOEL

New Delhi, India

#206003 May 5, 2014
TS

You've got the meaning wrong.

Gita 6:40 does not refer to a transcendentalist.

na vidyate - there never exists

tasya vinaash - destruction for one

iha eva - in this life

na - nor

amutra - in the next life

hi - since

kaschit - anyone

kalyana karta - doer of virtuous actions

na gachhati - never comes

durgatim - to evil.

So, Krishna's half-baked philosophy does not hold in face of the mass destruction of his own people and of those in the opposite camp and most importantly Krishna himself was murdered.

Furthermore, the indwelling psychic of one who dies violently comes out of the body in a state of great distress and as such his disembodied psychic never settles down into a harmonious rhythm or the unnatural rhythms of the psychic energy generated by war, murder and pain take centuries if not more time to settle down.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#206005 May 5, 2014
Had Krishna referred to a transcendentalist, he would have used the word maha purush, yogi or alaukik purush 6:40.

Location hidden

#206006 May 5, 2014
Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay fine, you are more familiar with these posters and their religion and I most certainly am only just learning a thing or two of their religion after reading about five pages of this discussion.
Any person has a certain degree of stupidity? Wouldn't that be more like ignorance, if only speaking for myself? It would be stupid of me to decide to follow Allah now rather than stay with the teachings I've received about Jesus. I do find it rather stupid how some Christians debate their case and beliefs and how they don't find it stupid to disparage others, but now you've made it clear you are so familiar with their stupidity (according to you), I suppose that justifies your tone.
What nonsense was I blabbering about? I guess I'm just glad I'm not trying to learn about Jesus through the way you are speaking with others since that is not how JWDI. I would have been interested in how you would have addressed my question about .. what if we were born to their way of thinking?
Peace regardless and I most certainly mean you no offense.
You are a confused person who came here without knowing the posters nor their belief and what their religions is all about.

No, I don't find stupid to call stupid people like that.

Hasn't your Jesus called certain people 'you brood of vipers' and 'fools'?

Who told you I am Christian?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#206007 May 5, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How many killings in the world was inspired by the Jesus, prince of peace? Just count the numbers during WW-1 and WW-2 alone.
Those numbers itself would be double than all the killings done by all other religions joined together.
First get your house in order.
When did Jesus ever say the following?:

"Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:5

"Fight the unbelievers around you, and let them find harshness in you." Qur'an:9:123

When did Jesus' biographers ever say the following?:

"Our Prophet, the Messenger of our Lord, ordered us to fight you till you worship Allah alone or pay us the Jizyah tribute tax in submission. Our Prophet has informed us that our Lord says:'Whoever amongst us is killed as a martyr shall go to Paradise to lead such a luxurious life as he has never seen, and whoever survives shall become your master.'" Bukhari:V4B53N386

"Allah said,'A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.'" Ishaq:327

"I heard Allah's Apostle saying,'Allah guarantees that He will admit the Muslim fighter into Paradise if he is killed, otherwise He will return him to his home safely with rewards and booty.'" Bukhari V4B52N46

As for getting one's house in order, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_...

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#206008 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Had Krishna referred to a transcendentalist, he would have used the word maha purush, yogi or alaukik purush 6:40.
Probably would call them gandag&#299; sira

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#206009 May 5, 2014
gandagi sira
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#206010 May 5, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
BUFORD,
Work with the equation:
E = hc/lambda
Then you will learn that EM spectrum is a gradation in terms of wavelengths, frequencies and energy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P lanck_constant

Thus, on the macroscopic scale, quantum mechanics and classical physics converge at the classical limit. Nevertheless, it is impossible, as Planck discovered, to explain some phenomena without accepting the fact that action is quantized. In many cases, such as for monochromatic light or for atoms, this quantum of action also implies that only certain energy levels are allowed, and values in-between are forbidden.
PUBH

Lowell, MA

#206011 May 5, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
I call attention to the FACTS about Mohammad, as recorded by authoritative Muslim biographers, that he was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer, and you chide me for not being as Christian as you are! I suspect that you don't have the first idea about Mohammad's life
Muslim appeasers never do, and Muslims like it that way. They like to use gullible people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep 15 CDDD 55
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep 12 dirt reynolds 121
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep 5 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
More from around the web