Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 251511 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#205825 May 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma
Peace
I have seen several of your posts.
If you consider yourself a Christian, then you might consider that your posts are projecting Jesus as an angry person.
I don't think that is what you want. Is it?
I do not understand your need to condemn, since we haven't written to each other. In a sense, we must act with justice for each, and for all, and let God judge, in the end whether we are encouraging each other to a life of faith.
Please do not take this as an offense against you. I understand one feels the need to defend their religion, and their person.
Peace
Islam is already judged by its own beliefs and actions.
Where is Allah?
Muslims teach Allah is out side of our universe which means Allah does not inner act with his created creatures.
Yet when you read the Quran Allah appears to be presence and inner acting with His created creatures.
That cannot be true since Allah is not a Spirit and lacks the freedom to be everywhere at the same time.
The Quran is expressing Allah as being the Christian God but denying it is the Christian God Jesus Christ.
How can the Muslim God Allah that is not seen nor heard make his laws known to man?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205826 May 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
No-Doubt
Peace
Islam means Submission.
And to submit, one must be obedient.(to Allah)
(There is a tension between being obedient, and questioning the authority to that obedience.)
In the West, we learn to question early in life, and in time to question all earthly authority.
Do you think that as Islam grows in the West, that questioning authority will make Islam better?
Peace
Let us be clear: Islam means Submission to Mohammad, who claimed to be Allah's mouthpiece on earth, so the question becomes how to prove that his claim is not in FACT an outrageous blasphemy. After all, the Muslim record attests that Mohammad was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer, and he claimed to be acting per Allah's command.

So the, does Allah approve of and even command theft, slavery, rape, and murder? If so, then to hell with Islam. If not, then to hell with Islam.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205827 May 2, 2014
CORRECTION:

So THEN, does Allah approve of and even command theft, slavery, rape, and murder? If so, then to hell with Islam. If not, then to hell with Islam.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#205828 May 2, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Islam is already judged by its own beliefs and actions.
Where is Allah?
Muslims teach Allah is out side of our universe which means Allah does not inner act with his created creatures.
Yet when you read the Quran Allah appears to be presence and inner acting with His created creatures.
That cannot be true since Allah is not a Spirit and lacks the freedom to be everywhere at the same time.
The Quran is expressing Allah as being the Christian God but denying it is the Christian God Jesus Christ.
How can the Muslim God Allah that is not seen nor heard make his laws known to man?
Shamma

Peace

In the study of God, there two ways of describing God. One is what God is, and the other what God is not.

The major religions all share this, and is known as apophatic, and cataphatic theology.

The question you pose juxtaposes these two when confronting Islam. Yet Christianity also has these two descriptions and confrontations.

So the answer to your question also lays within your own Christian relationship with God.

Perhaps this answers your question?( You might consider seeking this out in Wiki, to start, and then get as deep as you desire....)

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#205829 May 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> Let us be clear: Islam means Submission to Mohammad, who claimed to be Allah's mouthpiece on earth, so the question becomes how to prove that his claim is not in FACT an outrageous blasphemy. After all, the Muslim record attests that Mohammad was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer, and he claimed to be acting per Allah's command.
So the, does Allah approve of and even command theft, slavery, rape, and murder? If so, then to hell with Islam. If not, then to hell with Islam.
Greetings El Cid

And peace to you.

You have come to conclusions on your own, and support them with the proof you need.
I cannot change that.

The rest of what I would say, may just seem tepid support of Islam to you. But it involves your own religious practice as well.

Zealous supporters of a religion may not be truly devout. So to judge another religion, by its followers is a bit shortsighted for me. Is it not for you too?

There is a difference between personal spirituality and one's religion. And that includes not being zealous, but being devoted. In this way, one overcomes one's own shortcomings(vices), in order to practice the virtues of justice and temperance with others and oneself....

Peace
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205830 May 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Zealous supporters of a religion may not be truly devout. So to judge another religion, by its followers is a bit shortsighted for me. Is it not for you too?
I judge Islam as false by the standard set by Mohammad, period. You should do the same.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205831 May 2, 2014
Unless, of course, Allah truly is an enabler and commander of thievery, enslavement, rape, and murder.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205832 May 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings El Cid
And peace to you.
You have come to conclusions on your own, and support them with the proof you need.
I cannot change that.
The rest of what I would say, may just seem tepid support of Islam to you. But it involves your own religious practice as well.
There is a difference between personal spirituality and one's religion. And that includes not being zealous, but being devoted. In this way, one overcomes one's own shortcomings(vices), in order to practice the virtues of justice and temperance with others and oneself....
Peace
I was raised as a Christian, and subscribe to that belief. Tell me, did Jesus ever order his disciples to attack "unbelievers" so as to steal their property? Did he ever order the enslavement of anyone? Did he ever permit rape? Did he ever order anyone's murder, even "for YHWH"? No?

No?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205833 May 2, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings El Cid
And peace to you.
I cannot change that.
Peace
I get it. You're a Mohammadan.

Your "prophet was both deceived and deceiving, period.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205834 May 2, 2014
CORRECTION:

Your "PROPHET" was both deceived and deceiving, period.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205835 May 2, 2014
Let us be clear: Islam means Submission to Mohammad, who claimed to be Allah's mouthpiece on earth, so the question becomes how to prove that his claim is not in FACT an outrageous blasphemy. After all, the Muslim record attests that Mohammad was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer, and he claimed to be acting per Allah's command.

So then, does Allah approve of and even command theft, slavery, rape, and murder? If so, then to hell with Islam. If not, then to hell with Islam.

Since: Sep 13

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#205836 May 2, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Look at Islam! Its a religion filled with insane people.
Where is Allah in the lives of Muslims?
Where is the Holiness of Allah?
Where is the integrity of Allah?
Where is the Holiness of Muslims in regard to the Holiness of Allah?
If. We insane so you will not see me debating

As I know insane people placed in hospitals

Like drug addictor celebrity in hollywood christians

And preists in prisons for raping kids

Those who drink wine become insane

Not normal person

You simply believed that jesus turned water to wine

Leviticus 10:9 "You and your sons are not to drink wine

Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine

If you claim jesus is god
He turned water to wine
How could it be great to drink wine

Luke 1:15 for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink,

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#205838 May 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> Let us be clear: Islam means Submission to Mohammad, who claimed to be Allah's mouthpiece on earth, so the question becomes how to prove that his claim is not in FACT an outrageous blasphemy. After all, the Muslim record attests that Mohammad was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer, and he claimed to be acting per Allah's command.
You r laying Muhammad. Peace be upon him never claimed he is prophet

Don't talk about Stuff you have no idea about

Muhammad peace be upon him is prophet

Massanger of god

Allah is creator of the world and human

Every thing in heaven and Earth

No one saw god untill day Of judgment

Only granted will be able to see Allah

Stop laying prophet was not thieve

He gifted his money to poor people

He lived in poor house

Despite he was leader of the world he used to
Wear one or two dress and most of time he slept
With no food

• This is how prophet and his companion lived

http://m.youtube.com/watch...

• prophet was peaceful

He made several convent but disbeliver break it
And he re do it and they break it

He was patient

Arab jew confirm that prophet peace be upon him
Made convevent with them and he have it

• he was good in away leader said about prophet

Here jews professor confirm all prophets are Muslim

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#205839 May 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised as a Christian, and subscribe to that belief. Tell me, did Jesus ever order his disciples to attack "unbelievers" so as to steal their property? Did he ever order the enslavement of anyone? Did he ever permit rape? Did he ever order anyone's murder, even "for YHWH"? No?
No?
I don't believe jesus peace be upon him ordered to kill

But this is what bible say

Luke 19:27 &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

Matthew 10
34 `Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but war.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205840 May 2, 2014
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe jesus peace be upon him ordered to kill
But this is what bible say
Luke 19:27 &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
Matthew 10
34 `Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but war.
The first is a parable. the second could mean self defense.

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#205842 May 2, 2014
So ridiculous when I write lines from bible about raping

I will be offence

While you talk about islam with no prove.

Is that ok

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#205843 May 3, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

The first is a parable. the second could mean self defense.
Rubbish.

A parable conveys a moral or a spiritual instruction and so the teachings of a parable reflect the ideas of the Teacher.

1) "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

Matthew 10

JOEL: The intent is murder if one disobeys. Jesus was an intolerant fanatic who abused, cursed ad threatened those who did not accept him as their lord and savior.

2) 34 `Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but war.

JOEL: A clear call to violence by this so-called prophet of peace.

Jesus also said: "I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother..."

Matt 10:35
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205844 May 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubbish.
A parable conveys a moral or a spiritual instruction and so the teachings of a parable reflect the ideas of the Teacher.
1) "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"
Matthew 10
JOEL: The intent is murder if one disobeys. Jesus was an intolerant fanatic who abused, cursed ad threatened those who did not accept him as their lord and savior.
2) 34 `Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but war.
JOEL: A clear call to violence by this so-called prophet of peace.
Jesus also said: "I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother..."
Matt 10:35
Context, man, context! The parable of the ten talents and the man who would be king could be referring to Herod's son Archelaus, whom he named as his own successor on the throne, but to seal the deal Archelaus needed Caesar's approval, which he obtained. Guess what Archelaus did to his enemies once he returned? See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herod_Archelaus

As for the rest:

John 18:10 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear.(The servant’s name was Malchus.) 11Jesus commanded Peter,“Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

The Sword of the Gospel

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35"For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW; 36and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD."

Cross References

Micah 7:6 For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law-- a man's enemies are the members of his own household.

Matthew 10:21 "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death."

Luke 12:53 "They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."

Luke 21:15 "...for I will give you utterance and wisdom which none of your opponents will be able to resist or refute. 16"But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, 17and you will be hated by all because of My name.…"

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#205845 May 3, 2014
BUFORD,

Stop defending the indefensible.
Rishi

Trollhättan, Sweden

#205847 May 3, 2014
This is stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) May 28 Eagle 12 4,352
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May 24 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web