Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256344 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#205845 May 3, 2014
BUFORD,

Stop defending the indefensible.
Rishi

Trollhättan, Sweden

#205847 May 3, 2014
This is stupid
JOEL PASTAKIA

London, UK

#205848 May 3, 2014
I like lick it.

BMZ, where is yours? Alex's? Buford's? Frijoles'? Stefano's? Hughbe's? Truth Seeker's? Seeker's? Shamma's?

My tongue is already wet, GUYS!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#205849 May 3, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I judge Islam as false by the standard set by Mohammad, period. You should do the same.
El Cid

Peace

Then to be just, one must judge Christianity set by the standard of Jesus.

And if this is so, don't you find equally as offensive some acts and words done in the name of Jesus, that were not done by Jesus?

Of course, you may not be just, and impartially judge. To this I again say it is not my task of trying to change your mind. Though you may perceive it to be....This is my view of things as they are....

Peace

Location hidden

#205850 May 3, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised as a Christian, and subscribe to that belief. Tell me, did Jesus ever order his disciples to attack "unbelievers" so as to steal their property? Did he ever order the enslavement of anyone? Did he ever permit rape? Did he ever order anyone's murder, even "for YHWH"? No?
No?
El Cid

Peace

In a sense, since God is the Owner of every good thing, God does not need to steal. And if we are His servants, then as Paul writes, we are also His slaves. Rape is a form of enslavement and ownership, which is unjust.

But you are dealing with the relationships of people, and therefore sets of laws, usually based on moral imperatives taking place in time and space. Thus what was good as a law back in O.T. time, or 100 years ago, may not work so well. And in fact, Jesus came to fulfill the law, and thereby promote the law until every last jot and title is to be done.

Perhaps, your raw energy of detesting Islam, could be used in a more positive manner? I don't think I heard Jesus detesting all the religions of the world about him. That is something that takes place more in time and space.

I ask you to become more of a Christian.

Peace

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#205851 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

Zealous supporters of a religion may not be truly devout. So to judge another religion, by its followers is a bit shortsighted for me. Is it not for you too?
The zealous followers of a religion usually follow the example set by their prophet/book.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#205852 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>

In the study of God, there two ways of describing God.

One is what God is, and the other what God is not.
Really?

To know what God is and what he is not you have to become God - there's no other way of true knowing except by identification of the subject with the object.

How can your petty mind understand the ultimate reality or know whether God is just a typal being corresponding to a lower stage of the reality or if the ultimate reality exceeds all crude notions of dualism, anthropomorphism and anthropopathism?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#205854 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
El Cid
Peace
In a sense, since God is the Owner of every good thing, God does not need to steal. And if we are His servants, then as Paul writes, we are also His slaves. Rape is a form of enslavement and ownership, which is unjust.
But you are dealing with the relationships of people, and therefore sets of laws, usually based on moral imperatives taking place in time and space. Thus what was good as a law back in O.T. time, or 100 years ago, may not work so well. And in fact, Jesus came to fulfill the law, and thereby promote the law until every last jot and title is to be done.
Perhaps, your raw energy of detesting Islam, could be used in a more positive manner? I don't think I heard Jesus detesting all the religions of the world about him. That is something that takes place more in time and space.
Peace
Seems you are a pacifist.
A person that bends over to pacify the wants and desires of others.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#205855 May 3, 2014
Robert has the writing style of a eunuch. LOL.

Location hidden

#205856 May 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
The zealous followers of a religion usually follow the example set by their prophet/book.
Greetings JOEL COOL DUDE

Peace

I think over time, the winds blow warm and COOL.

I think often a young man believes he is called to be zealous, and when older becomes tempered. It is a matter of living on the earth as a human being, and devoted to a set of values.

Wouldn't it be more amusing if old men were zealous, and young people were tempered? Wars and conflict would become extinct....

Peace

Location hidden

#205857 May 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
To know what God is and what he is not you have to become God - there's no other way of true knowing except by identification of the subject with the object.
How can your petty mind understand the ultimate reality or know whether God is just a typal being corresponding to a lower stage of the reality or if the ultimate reality exceeds all crude notions of dualism, anthropomorphism and anthropopathism?
JOEL COOL DUDE

Some people are different. They learn, and want to learn. Others do not, and some reject learning.

If you are on a trip, and do not know, the destination, except by name, then follow the signs. You must learn to read the signs.

There is no promise that along the way, one may be diverted.

Some people never consider life as a pilgrim....

Peace

Location hidden

#205858 May 3, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Seems you are a pacifist.
A person that bends over to pacify the wants and desires of others.
Shamma

Peace

I have learned to come and go in peace. Though I admit at times the waters of my mind are disturbed. I have been disciplined, and learned from mistakes.

You might consider Philippians 4:7, as Paul writes...."and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus."

Also as Jesus said in the Beatitudes, " Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God."

So I put the idea back to you, If you are not following the rules for being Blessed(Happy) set forth in the Kingdom of God, then just how dedicated are you at following Jesus?

Remember things get cleaned up first in the House of God, so we must look to ourselves, and if we need help from others, to seek them out to help clean up our own....To me, that takes a lifetime, as my faults are many....

I am sorry if my words, or thoughts appear to cause you pain, but introspection can be....

Peace
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205859 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
El Cid
Peace
Then to be just, one must judge Christianity set by the standard of Jesus.
[QUOTE]
Yes.
[QUOTE who="Robert F"]
And if this is so, don't you find equally as offensive some acts and words done in the name of Jesus, that were not done by Jesus?
Your problem is that you refuse to acknowledge that Muslims are enjoined in the Qur'an to imitate Mohammad's example, and he, as the authoritative Muslim record attests -Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Ishaq, etc.- was a thieving, enslaving, rape enabling murderer whose predations were ORDERED by "Allah," or so he claimed.

IOW, If Mohammad were alive today and attempting to do what he got away with back then, under "divine mandate," he would be arrested and confined in a hospital for the criminally insane until such time as he would be found competent to stand trial.for crimes against humanity.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205860 May 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
BUFORD,
Stop defending the indefensible.
JOEL UNCOOL DUDE,

Rubbish.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205861 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
Perhaps, your raw energy of detesting Islam, could be used in a more positive manner?
By ignoring the truth about Mohammad, which is your approach?
Robert F wrote:
I don't think I heard Jesus detesting all the religions of the world about him. That is something that takes place more in time and space.
Jesus was busy enough detesting and verbally condemning what he saw in the hypocritical Jewish leaders of his time to be concerned about the Mayan human sacrifices,, for example.
Robert F wrote:
What in the hell is that supposed to mean?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205862 May 3, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divinization_ (Christian)

In Christian theology, divinization (deification, making divine, or theosis) is the transforming effect of divine grace,[1] the spirit of God, or the atonement of Christ. It literally means to become more divine, more like God, or take upon a divine nature.
In John 10:34-36, Jesus is described as defending himself against a charge of blasphemy,

"The Jews answered him,“It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” Jesus answered them,“Is it not written in your Law,‘I said, you are gods’?[Psalms 82:1-7] If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken— do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world,‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said,‘I am the Son of God’?"
Frank Stain

Latham, NY

#205863 May 3, 2014
madness
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205864 May 3, 2014
http://james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/M... 'at

"Learn well, Jakesully, then we will see if your insanity can be cured."
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#205865 May 3, 2014
In the spirit of becoming "more of a Christian":

http://www.christiansintribulation.com/

A CALLING TO CHRISTIAN-WARRIORS

THIS BOOK ADDRESSES VITAL QUESTIONS CONCERNING END-TIME EVENTS DEPICTED IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION AND THE MISSIONAL CALLING FOR THIS GENERATION OF WARRIOR-SPIRITED CHRISTIANS.

We are right on the verge of devastating events that will create great fear and chaos throughout theworld and especially in our comfort-seeking nation. These are end-time events that are quite mystifying but extremely critical for this generation of Christianity to understand. Jesus has provided us with advance warning concerning the great tribulation that will precede His 2nd coming to establish His kingdom ontheearth:

For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be.(Matthew 24:21)

The mission of this book is to provide a clearer understanding of thesetimes by looking at biblical prophecy through our 21st century eyes. It is intended to feed the warrior spirit Purchase Equipping Christians for End-Time Tribulation Todaywithin that Christian remnant who are aware of the tremendous challenges that lie before us and are seeking guidance as to what we are about to confront, and how to “be ready.”

Hopefully, this book will encourage many Christians who are discerning that troubling times are about to descend upon the United States, as well as the entire world, to begin preparing now. Those who have seriously prepared will be among the Christian leadership in the Army of God who will stand strong in the glorious power of our Lord in the midst of these catastrophic times.

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the Lord will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you.(Isaiah 60:1-2)

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#205866 May 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
El Cid
Peace
Peace
See your sane advice to our friend El Cid and then look at his response.

There are people with hate and hatred inside their hearts and they are only interested in spreading the hate. For them a day is not spent unless they write at least a thousand word demonizing their opponents.

Any good advice falls on dead years..... and what is more they think they are helping Jesus Christ in doing this!!

I thank you brother for your positive approach to our problems.

Peace and have a Nice Day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Apr 5 helpful links 22
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Mar '18 Apittman010 480
I'm searching for answers Feb '18 You and everyone 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '18 superwilly 5,154
News How to Cast a Spell to Levitate Objects (Jun '10) Feb '18 Arturo 6
News "Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Feb '18 Boogie man 50
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan '18 Abishai100 1