Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253546 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#204260 Mar 28, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nothing in Qur'aan comes from Muhammad. He recited it exactly as it was revealed.
There is no first person direct narrative from Muhammad in Qur'aan. I have already told you that you will find the words "Tell them", Qul in Arabic.
No where did Jesus suggest anything about being the 'Son of God' or 'God' or 'the Father'.
In fact, when tempted by Satan, he never replied, "Yes, Satan! I am the Son of God".
Yes, there are clear verses in Qur'aan to show five times of prayer but you do not know.
Enough from my side. Good night
Have a nice weekend.
But the Quran was not revealed to Muhammad by God.
There is not one bit of evidence that the Quran was sent down to Muhammad by God.
All of Muhammad's revelations are fictitious made up from out of the mind of Muhammad.
Your remarks are fictitious.
You BMZ never studied the teachings of Jesus.

What kind of a God is Allah that Allah is not present in lives of Muslims?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#204261 Mar 28, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
So who is talking in about half of Sura 72?

Who is talking here?

9:30......"may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!".

Who is asking Allah to destroy them or wishing that he will?
Should we actually read this as, tell them "may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"? That's pretty awkward, isn;'t it. That verse doesn't sound like it's Allah telling Muhammad what to say. There is no "tell them" or "say" in that verse.
Can you make "tell them" or the infamous "say" work in 9:30? None of the translators could so none of them added that.
Regarding your question about Surah 72, it means you never understood what I said.

The opening verse clearly says: " SAY: "It has been revealed to me that some of the unseen beings gave ear [to this divine writ], and thereupon said [unto their fellow-beings]: "'Verily, we have heard a wondrous discourse,"

SAY is the same as the word "TELL", so Muhammad was asked to tell them and the passage goes on. Thus Muhammad is not the speaker.

Regarding 9:30 it simply means Allah's curse. Here Gabriel is the speaker. There are places where Gabriel also speaks. You would not be able to differentiate because you read English translations, not Arabic. Sometimes one may come across a few statements by the angels too.

However, Muhammad does not say anything in Qur'aan.

Off to bed. Good night.

PS: I did this because I did not want you to write, "Oh! he avoided the answer or ignored my post and disappeared, waiting for my post to get buried in the heap!" LOL!
bmz

Singapore

#204262 Mar 28, 2014
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You are in denial of what Jesus Himself said in the New Testament Bible.
You never explain away the meaning of Jesus and His spoken words.
John 14:6
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
5 Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 7"If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him."…
John 14:6 explains that there is no other way to know the teachings of God except through the teachings of Jesus.
Read that again! "No one comes to the Father but through me". This clearly shows he was not the Father.

Also, right in the beginning of John 14, he said, "You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms"

He never said, "My house has many rooms".

And later he said, "My Father is greater than I". Do you even know how to read English and understand?

Stupid argument!
bmz

Singapore

#204263 Mar 28, 2014
Shamma wrote:
You BMZ never studied the teachings of Jesus.

What kind of a God is Allah that Allah is not present in lives of Muslims?
I have studied well and that is why I am able to refute all absurd and false claims made about Jesus.

Allah is in the heart of every Muslim and they love Allah with all their hearts, all their minds and all their souls.

And the sad part is that Christians love only the man Jesus with all their hearts, all their minds and all their souls. God plays a second fiddle in Christianity.

Now, what kind of an absurd God is the triune God of Christianity?

Who came up with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit? Name them.
bmz

Singapore

#204264 Mar 28, 2014
Shamma wrote:
John 14:6 explains that there is no other way to know the teachings of God except through the teachings of Jesus.
A quick one.

This is one the silliest verses in John. I do not know who put that in.

Long before Jesus, people already knew the way to God.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#204265 Mar 28, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite touching, Rabbee
And yes! G-d neither named the chapters nor numbered the verses. The Church and Christians talk a lot about Papa and Mama but G-d's alleged son, the man Jesus never even spoke a word about them.
Shalom
BMZ
The Christian texts are definitely wrong. No doubt about it.
rabbee: well i am sure, the alleged as jesus said TheNames ELOHEEM, or ELSHADDAEE, or YHVH. if you use any of THOSE, you have mentioned THEM BOTH, even if it is in total ignorance. the fact is we do not know, every thing the alleged as jesus said. more or less what was reported, is exactly what THEY said. can't even trust what muhammed said, since we know that was altered also by the third caliph at least.

Denver, CO

#204266 Mar 28, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even have sufficient power to overcome your own delusions, so no, you don't have sufficient power to overcome what God commands you, if and when he ever does.
<quoted text>
No i don't, and like I told you, go argue with all of the scholars that say Eve is the English translation, not me. As far as I am concerned, I have far more trust in their validity to comment than I do for you. You can make up whatever you feel like, but the scholars do not agree with you, and left with a choice, I will choose the scholars' words over yours any day of the week. You can't even quote actual verses of the Torah to back any of your ideas up, so I have no trust in your ability in more scholarly matters such as the proper English translation for whoever Adam's wife was, if you can't even do the easier exercise of quoting actual verse numbers that back your claims up, you have no validity commenting on other less straightforward matters such as translations of names. All you will do is to invent your own rules, make it whatever you want, and then when it disgrees with the overwhelming majority of educated scholars, you will merely invalidate them all and claim you are the only valid judge. You can do that all you want, that's your right but don't expect anybody to agree with you at all,.
rabbee: enough power to overcome, your delusions is sufficient for now.

and neither you or i, are in charge of what i actually do. i have more than fourty one years of experience, verifying i am not in charge of any thing i do. and the only free will i had, was whether i spoke about it or not. i did not make any thing up, because i got it from G-D.

and read my fingers, THERE ARE NO CHAPTER AND VERSE NUMBERS IN THE TORAH SCROLL. and that is a fact, that you are not even willing to confirm. if you think there are chapter and verse numbers, in The Torah Scroll you have only proved you're delusional.

do not care what this whole world of liars say, the word eve obviously does not mean even all birth. so the whole world is deluded, no different than you. there is no way, you can justify the word eve, means all birth in english or any other language on earth.

you have already indicated, you are not going to believe any thing G-D came and said to me. you even refuse to verify even the simplest things i have said in TheTorah Torah Scroll. you would rather stay, with your preferred delusion than admit the possibility that your are wrong.

and i do not care how many, educated as liars there are in this world. if you would only venture, to verify the simple i have said. you would realize you have been misled, by highly intelligent imbeciles. if you can't even verify one simple word in TheTorah Scroll right, your not even ready for a whole sentence in TheTorah more or less a whole paragraph. i gave you one word from out of TheTorah, and you even dummy up on that one. if your not going to verify one word, or whether there are not chapter and verses in TheTorah. your not even willing, to verify anything else. you prefer to believe in the lies from the liars who taught you rather than G-D.

Denver, CO

#204267 Mar 28, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the number is 2 many.
<quoted text>
Applying verse numbers are not adding anything to the words. You are totally full of sh!t. It's just a stupid excuse because you know you can't quote the verse number because the verses that back you up aren't there. You could at least quote the verses themselves without the numbers, but you won't even do that. So sorry, excuse rejected. You are full of sh!t. Scammer.
rabbee: apparently you have not heard it enough, for it to soak in. why are you afraid, to verify that in TheTorah? your not even supposed to insert, or delete a daggesh. but a whole number, is ok with you. and giving you anything, is a waste of your demonic time, because you have already proved your intent to not verify even one word. i'll bet you can't even remember, what that one eevreet transliterated word is. and if you back translate eve into eevreet, it is erev. i have quoted one transliterated word, from out of TheTorah. and you are not even willing, to accept one word. indicating your not ready or willing for a whole sentence or paragraph. your prejudiced mind from the expert lying devils, is already made up. is it too late, for you to accept anything true from G-D?

Denver, CO

#204268 Mar 28, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wanted to provide verification, all you have to do is to quote from it. I have no verification of what you say in my Torah at all. None whatsoever. It disagrees radically with many things you say. I do not know of one single other person on the earth who has a version of the Torah that agrees with what you say. If they did, they would write similar things about it or make similar claims as you do about what it says. But instead, not one single person in the world agrees that your claims are in their version of the Torah, no matter what version they have. Find me or link me to one single person on the entire internet that thinks the things you say are in their version of the Torah and you won't find one single one. Not even the highest of Rabbis. So there is no version that I can find on the face of the earth that backs your claims up because one simply does not exist, and that's why you won't and can't even quote from your own version.. You are merely hiding behind excuses and scamming and deflecting any way that you can think of..
rabbee: now way you have a genuine Torah, you have what liars proclaim is a torah. i think you will discover, that the real Torah Scroll is radically different than your alleged torah. so what if this whole world including you, have been deceived again? i have my assignment, and you have yours you refuse to do your duty with G-D. i do not even want to spoon feed you like a baby, there are things you need to do. you have already rejected, everything G-D instructed of me. and you refuse to even do, the simplest task in The Name of G-D.

and do not tell me there are no authentic, Torah Scrolls on this planet. with there being more than a hundred thousand or many more. i am not going to do, your homework for you. that is your job, not mine. if you prefer to be brain-dead about it, that is your free will mental choice.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#204269 Mar 28, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were in your shoes, I would be worrying about the following, which neither Christianity nor a Christian can confirm:
Did Jesus ever say, "I am the son of God"? Answer: No
Did Jesus say, "I am God in flesh"? Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "I am God and I have come down to earth"? Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "I am God"? Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "I am the Father"? Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "The Holy Spirit is God"? Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "God is triune in nature?" Answer: No
Did Jesus ever say, "God is God the Father, I am God the Son and the Holy Spirit is God the Holy Spirit"? Answer: No
Since the man did not make of those absurd statements, who were the ignorant lying fools, who made all that absurd incoherent stuff up?
This is what you and Christianity should worry about.
As for Muhammad, he was far more coherent than your biblical Jesus, his message was consistent and he recited out Qur'aan exactly the way it was revealed to him by his Excellency Gabriel, the Spirit also known as the Holy Spirit and the Spirit of Truth.
Salaams, Buford
You are an ignorant fool. As for Muhammad, he only "recited" whatever he thought would gain him followers, no matter how concocted and contrived (read: Satanic verses).

Who was it who said that "his Excellency Gabriel" communicated the Qur'an to him?

Muhammad.

What does this prove?

NOTHING.

Denver, CO

#204270 Mar 28, 2014
I KEEL U 2 DETH wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you must be right and I am wrong. I say that people who are not interested in discussion with others should not be on a discussion board. Note the word "discussion" in the title "discussion board". You think that the right place for people who are NOT interested in a discussion with others, such as yourself, is a discussion board, not a blog where it is one way posts.
rabbee: well your not interested, in any discussion. and i would rather you verify, in a genuine Torah what i have said. i gave to you a simple word in TheTorah, and a simple statement about chapter and versed not being in IT. and your not even willing, to check that out. i am attempting to discuss TheTorah Scroll, and your attempting to evade it. i have only asked for you to simply verify two thinks, in a genuine Torah Scroll. and that appears too difficult, for your prejudiced mind.

and if i try to literally quote from out of TheTorah here, this is how it is going to look:
"(&#1493; &#1488;&#1502;&#15 12; &#1488;&#1500;&#14 93;&#1492;&#1497;& #1501;,. &#1504;&#1506;&#15 13;&#1492; &#1488;&#1491;&#15 01; &#1489;&#1510;&#15 00;&#1502;&#1504;& #1493; &#1499;&#1491;&#15 02;&#1493;&#1514;& #1504;&#1493;. &#1492;&#1501; &#1504;&#1513;&#15 00;&#1493;&#1496; &#1506;&#1500; &#1492;&#1491;&#14 90;&#1497;&#1501; &#1489;&#1497;&#15 01;, &#1492;&#1510;&#14 97;&#1508;&#1493;& #1512;&#1497;&#1501; &#1513;&#1500; &#1492;&#1513;&#15 02;&#1497;&#1497;& #1501;, &#1493;&#1513;&#14 93;&#1489; &#1492;&#1495;&#14 97;&#1492;, &#1499;&#1500; &#1492;&#1488;&#15 12;&#1509;, &#1499;&#1500; &#1494;&#1493;&#14 95;&#1500; &#1491;&#1489;&#15 12; &#1494;&#1492; &#1502;&#1508;&#14 95;&#1497;&#1491; &#1502;&#1508;&#14 95;&#1497;&#1491; &#1506;&#1500; &#1508;&#1504;&#14 97; &#1492;&#1488;&#14 91;&#1502;&#1492;. ")"
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#204271 Mar 28, 2014
http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/h...

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 504:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Every Prophet was given miracles because of which people believed, but what I have been given, is Divine Inspiration which Allah has revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will outnumber the followers of the other Prophets on the Day of Resurrection."

IOW, Muhammad is not primarily interested in the glory of Allah, BUT HIS OWN GLORY.

Why? Because this insecure "prophet" couldn't perform a single miracle, which is why Muslims have had to believe that the Qur'an is THE MIRACLE OF MIRACLES!!!

I call bullshit on this claim. No perfect "GOD" -or "his Excellency Gobriel"- would author such an ABROGATED mess as the Qur'an clearly is.

Suspension of disbelief is what moviegoers exercise. SPIRITUAL TRUTH CLAIMS are another matter entirely...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#204272 Mar 28, 2014
http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Farooq...

The Problem of Abrogation in the Quran

By: Farooq Ibrahim
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#204273 Mar 28, 2014
Put another way, "his Excellency Gabriel" changed the rules during the game, and anyone who objects is an apostate who deserves to go to Islamic hell when he dies.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#204274 Mar 28, 2014
UNIQUE YOGIC EXPERIENCE

The yogic experience that began around the day before yesterday is still continuing in me in quite a big way due to the dynamic descent of the force of the higher consciousness. I can barely sit here typing....I need to assimilate the infusion of the higher consciousness-force. At times, I can't bear the immense pressures accompanied with heat, light and subtle sounds created by the descent of the higher consciousness-force into my nervous system from the planes that lie above the head.

On the whole, it's a marvelous yogic experience with unique manifestations in the body...

I've not eaten anything yesterday/today on account of the intensity of the yogic experience.

Anyway, the energy input by the incoming force has replenished my system and I am not the least hungry.

Not surprisingly, the descent of the higher consciousness-force has opened up my body cells to a large extent to the cosmic forces around me and today morning for 4 hours a strong wave of energy from external nature invaded my body which as a result gave me a complete nonlocal consciousness accompanied by a feeling of superhuman physical strength.

Need to lie down to assimilate the experience. Can barely keep my eyes open.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#204275 Mar 28, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Read that again! "No one comes to the Father but through me". This clearly shows he was not the Father.
Also, right in the beginning of John 14, he said, "You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms"
He never said, "My house has many rooms".
And later he said, "My Father is greater than I". Do you even know how to read English and understand?
Stupid argument!
No! Jesus is not God the Father nor is the Holy Spirit God the Father.
The Son and Holy Spirit are of the Father.
They are united in substance and in nature with the Father but are individual persons.
Each is endowed with the mind and power of God the Father within their own person hood.

Muslims are idiots!
Jesus plainly explains God in the New Testament Bible.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#204278 Mar 28, 2014
CRASS MATERIALISTS ARE WRONG HERE TOO

Family, school, marriage and workplace serve as moulding influences in our lives. The atheists/crass materialists think that everything is an automaton and should run on mechanical laws.

Atheists/crass materialists are wrong in this instance as they are in most other cases as well.

Personality, aspirations and values are shaped in family, school, marriage and workplace.

Science cannot give us personality, discrimination in human affairs or a value system.

The strong, wise and inspiring personalities of parents, teachers, spouse and owners can rub off on us in positive ways and make us responsible, mature and well adjusted individuals with lofty values and deep insights into the workings of human nature.

So, parents, teachers, spouse and owners of business firms can teach us a lot provided they serve as benevolent but firm guides who guide as well as listen to genuine grievances.

Such inspiring individuals have every right to lay down strict rules within reasonable limits at home, school, marriage and workplace.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#204279 Mar 28, 2014
ATHEISM cannot explain fine tuning of the universal constants, fine tuning of life-supporting conditions on earth, fine tuning of atoms, fine tuning of chemical laws, fine tuning of biology, origin of universe, origin of sentience, sentience, morals, ethics, behavior, human relationships, human aspirations, karma, death and many other finer aspects of existence.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#204280 Mar 28, 2014
ATHEISM/CRASS MATERIALISM can be expected to die out within a few decades as education, morality, curiosity and awareness among the world's population spreads and people begin seeing through the lies, false explanations, suppression of truths and great inadequacies of atheism/crass materialism.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#204281 Mar 28, 2014
The day is not far off when enraged mobs who see through the chicanery of atheism/crass materialism hunt down their proponents to kill them like it is done to criminals and wild beasts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Thinking 4,687
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun '16 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web