Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256020 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#203078 Mar 12, 2014
I AM ONLY A WARNER wrote:
What if Jesus and Muhammad are brothers who love each other and are closer to each other than we can ever be. Do you still say Muhammad is ignorant? If you look at your hand and spread your fingers as far apart as you can you can never place your thumb next to pinky finger or place pinky finger next to thumb and likewise are Jesus and Muhammad like the middle and index fingers right next to each other and irreplaceable. Ignorance is with mankind not with the messengers of GOD the creator. So speak not of what you have no knowledge.
We all are speaking with Full knowledge, but you are not.

God the Father is Not "Allah" and "Allah" is no God. Period.
I AM ONLY A WARNER

Newark, NJ

#203079 Mar 12, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
We all are speaking with Full knowledge, but you are not.
God the Father is Not "Allah" and "Allah" is no God. Period.
ALLAH IS THE ARABIC WORD FOR GOD ALSO FOUND IN THE ARABIC BIBLE.
WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IN TRANSLATION IS:

"GOD THE FATHER IS NOT GOD AND GOD IS NO GOD" ???

CLEARLY YOU SPEAK OF WHAT YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE. SORRY MY BROTHER BUT IF YOU PRESENT AN ARGUMENT BACK IT WITH PROOF IF YOU ARE INDEED SPEAKING TRUTH .. ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST IGNORANCE . AND GOD ALONE KNOWS BEST . THE QURAN IS THE TRUTH AND CLEAR REVALATION FROM THE CREATOR OF US ALL. CLEARLY WE LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE IGNORANCE WILL NEVER ACCEPT AN ARAB FOR A MESSENGER EVEN WHEN IT IS VERY EVIDENT. THE QURAN HAS BEEN WRITTEN TO BE RECITED WITH TRUTH AND MADE EASY TO MEMORIZE, HENCE IF YOU DESTROY ALL BIBLES WHO CAN RECITE THE ORIGINAL BIBLE WORD FOR WORD? Yet you can destroy the Quran and it will be 're established immediately as it is memorised WORD for word by many Muslims. GOD IS THE EXALTED THE ALL KNOWING AND WISE. WE AS MUSLIMS DO BELIEVE IN THE TORAH AND GOSPEL BUT WE ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE BEEN 'RE WRITTEN FROM ORIGINAL TEXT. THE QURAN HAS BEEN REVEALED FOR TRUTH . IT LIKE GOD IS THE ONE and only and perfect and will not diminish. So glorious is our lord the one and only the MOST GRACIOUS , MOST MERCIFUL. HIS NAMES ARE MANY CALL HIM WHAT YOU LIKE AS LONG AS IT'S HIM ON WHO YOU CALL. HE IS THE ALL HEARING , THE ALL SEEING. ALL PRAISES DUE TO HIM ALONE
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203080 Mar 12, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many qualities mentioned in Deut 18:18 about the future prophet, ONE of them is that "He shall be from amongst the brothers of Jews".
What I am asking you, Is that Prophesy been fulfilled yet, or Jews are still waiting for it to fulfill?
If it is fulfilled then , please tell us who is that person, so we could analyze him.
You just sticking to 17:15 is like a drowning man catching a straw.
In 17:15, the scenario was different, may be it was for Immediate relief, so it was interpreted in that way.
You said that if Deuteronomy 18:18 meant fellow Jews it would have said "from yourselves". Now we both agree that 17:15 clearly means fellow Jews. So why didn't 17:15 say "from among yourselves" if it was clearly referring to fellow Jews like you demand of 18:18?
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Deut 18:18 was to be fulfilled many centuries after wards , so it could be interpreted with a different shade of meaning.
Tell me the arbitrary rule that you apply that says that if something is talking about something that will come later, it radically changes the meaning of who "among your brothers" means. I would love to see you invent that rule for yourself and then try to logically justify it.
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If our Prophet was not related to Prophet Abraham, then your objection had some weight.
I feel that you are just trying to split hairs, to get away from a tight corner!!
You are the one in a tight corner for your clearly skewed and erroneous logic that you cannot properly defend when analyzed. And now you are trying to dilute the error and change the subject. And it's not splitting hairs in the least, no matter how inconvenient that fact may be for you. The fact of the matter is that in a situation where we are not sure if the verse means fellow Jews, you say that if it meant that then it would have said "from among yourselves". But in a situation where we KNOW that the verse is speaking of fellow Jews but says "from among your brothers", you make no such statement that if the verse meant fellow Jews then it would have said "from among yourselves". All you are doing is inventing any arbitrary logical rules that you can conjure up and have no basis in objective logic. In short, you just make up whatever you feel like, and if you can think it, then it must be true, as long as it serves what you want.

You know exactly what I am talking about and you are merely being evasive to cover your skewed logical error.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203081 Mar 12, 2014
What if Jesus and Muhammad are brothers who love each other and are closer to each other than we can ever be.
What if they weren't?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203082 Mar 12, 2014
“They have certainly disbelieved who say,‘God is the Messiah, the son of Mary’ while the Messiah has said,‘O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord...’”(Quran 5:72)
God says about the belief that Jesus is part of a “Trinity”:
“They have certainly disbelieved who say,‘God is the third of three.’(Rather) there is none worthy of worship except One (God). And if they do not desist from what they are saying, there will surely afflict the disbelievers among them a painful punishment. So will they not repent to God and seek His forgiveness? And God is Forgiving and Merciful. The Messiah (Jesus), son of Mary, was no more than a Messenger before whom many Messengers have passed away; and his mother adhered wholly to truthfulness, and they both ate food (as other mortals do). See how We make Our signs clear to them; and see where they are turning away!”(Quran 5:73-75)

“And (beware the Day) when God will say,“O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people,‘Take me and my mother as deities besides God?’” He will say,‘Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen. I said not to them except what you commanded me – to worship God, my Lord and your Lord…’”(Quran 5:116-117)
Are these verses saying that the Trinity is wrong and that Christians are wrong for making Jesus and Mary the other two Gods of the Trinity besides Allah?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203083 Mar 12, 2014
<quoted text>
ALLAH IS THE ARABIC WORD FOR GOD ALSO FOUND IN THE ARABIC BIBLE.
So the Arabic word for God is Allah. So what? It's just a word. That doesn't mean it's the real God in the Quran rather than a version Muhammad invented. Just because Muhammad decides to use the name God or refer to God doesn't mean he is referring to the real one. Why do you buy everything that this inventing liar said hook line and sinker without asking any questions at all? Seems like all he has to do is to reference God in Arabic as Allah and he's all set. He must be a prophet.
LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#203084 Mar 12, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Satan invoke curse against himself, in a book written by him?
You are so contradictory that even a child can find hole in your argument.
That is what happens when you try to prove black is white.
Just putting hate words and insults would not prove your case.
What curse against himself? He's playing both sides! It (spirit of deception) inspired moh to teach fictional stories about satan (taken from Jewish fables) that show Satan as a being that was simply misunderstood, refused to bow down to a man (adam) and commit what the koran refers to as shirk. Why would 'allah'(if it were the true 'God') punish him for refusing to commit shirk? Why would moh allegedly PROPHECY what SATAN would say? Was moh a prophet of satan? Is that why satan and allah sound so much alike?

After all, they have the same AGENDA. Isaiah (Isaiah 14) to be like (an imposter of) the 'most high'(God of Isaiah = YHWH) and exalt himself above the celestial idols (stars). Coincidentally (maybe not so coincidental) moh exalted his idol to above all the celestial (stars) idols. And you all admit that even though your 'allah' claims to be the same 'God' that it is NOT the same as what it claims to be (an imposter). You even go out of your way to argue that point and I AGREE it (allah) is NOT the same (as the God of the Prophets) not by name, not by nature, voice (inspiration), or choices/plan.
LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#203085 Mar 12, 2014
Kareem O Wheat wrote:
<quoted text>
So the Arabic word for God is Allah. So what? It's just a word. That doesn't mean it's the real God in the Quran rather than a version Muhammad invented. Just because Muhammad decides to use the name God or refer to God doesn't mean he is referring to the real one. Why do you buy everything that this inventing liar said hook line and sinker without asking any questions at all? Seems like all he has to do is to reference God in Arabic as Allah and he's all set. He must be a prophet.
He's being deceptive. The arabic word for 'god' is not 'allah', that is claimed to be a personal name 'the god'(al+ for 'the'). The words 'god/gods' in the arabic of the koran are forms of 'il (ilah, ilahan, etc.) and like in the Bible the titles (in arabic) are used for (other) false gods too.
I AM ONLY A WARNER

Newark, NJ

#203086 Mar 12, 2014
08. Would ye question your Messenger as Moses was questioned of old? but whoever changeth from Faith to Unbelief, Hath strayed without doubt from the even way.
109. Quite a number of the People of the Book wish they could Turn you (people) back to infidelity after ye have believed, from selfish envy, after the Truth hath become Manifest unto them: But forgive and overlook, Till Allah accomplish His purpose; for Allah Hath power over all things.
110. And be steadfast in prayer and regular in charity: And whatever good ye send forth for your souls before you, ye shall find it with Allah. for Allah sees Well all that ye do.
111. And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
112. Nay,-whoever submits His whole self to Allah and is a doer of good,- He will get his reward with his Lord; on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
113. The Jews say: "The Christians have naught (to stand) upon; and the Christians say: "The Jews have naught (To stand) upon." Yet they (Profess to) study the (same) Book. Like unto their word is what those say who know not; but Allah will judge between them in their quarrel on the Day of Judgment.
114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin them? It was not fitting that such should themselves enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come, an exceeding torment.
115. To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing.
116. They say: "(Allah) hath begotten a son" :Glory be to Him.-Nay, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him.
117. To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He saith to it: "Be," and it is
I AM ONLY A WARNER

Newark, NJ

#203087 Mar 12, 2014
The truth is GOD loves us all and has revealed to mankind the path to perfect ourselves and the truth so we are not blind as mercy to mankind. You can accept it and be grateful or reject it and follow blindly but we will all be judged in fair trial as our lord is most just and worthy of all praise. It is only commanded that we follow facts and truth and reject evident lies and falsehood. So praise to the most high he is ONE WHO BEGETS NOT NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN. MAY HIS PEACE AND BLESSINGS BE UPON US ALL GUIDED AND MISGUIDED AND TO HIM WE ALL WILL RETURN. OUR LORD , THE ONE , THE ONLY, THE CREATOR
Fuckru

Ashburn, VA

#203088 Mar 12, 2014
lilyknows nothing
PATRIOT

United States

#203089 Mar 12, 2014
Fuckru wrote:
lilyknows nothing
She knows better than to use a name like yours. She's class, you're a classless ass.
LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#203091 Mar 12, 2014
Fuckru wrote:
lilyknows nothing
Ha Ha, nothing = islam (and Lilyknows that :)

You are only proving in those type of responses that you FEAR what I do know and so you must LOWER yourself and attack me personally while hiding behind an obscene name yourself. Shows the true nature of islam, thanks for the illustration, but I already knew that too.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203092 Mar 12, 2014
111. And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful."
Where's Muhammad's proof that they aren't truthful and that he is truthful? Is his proof a book that he himself is uttering? So notice how he asks proof of them, but provides no proof of his contention at all. He does this sort of double standard thing all over the Quran and people just blindly swallow it.
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203093 Mar 12, 2014
Most Gladly seenCelebrity wrote:
LiLyknows squat!
She's a [email protected] and you are anasshole.
Now who could possibly be glad to see you?
Kareem O Wheat

Lowell, MA

#203094 Mar 12, 2014
It is only commanded that we follow facts and truth and reject evident lies and falsehood.
I agree. Would you like me to show you the problems in the Quran that make it impossible for it to be the word for word dictation of God? Have you ever even read the entire Quran?
LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#203095 Mar 12, 2014
PATRIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
She knows better than to use a name like yours. She's class, you're a classless ass.
Thank you Patriot. I've been too busy working this morning to respond to all of the posts. It's nice to know that there are other people here that have my back. I see those type of posts as a sign of desperation because they attempt to censor or discredit me through personal attacks because they are not able to refute what I have posted about islam. So they wish that I would just go away :) but that tactic is not going to work for them.
PATRIOT

United States

#203097 Mar 12, 2014
LiLyknows wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Patriot. I've been too busy working this morning to respond to all of the posts. It's nice to know that there are other people here that have my back. I see those type of posts as a sign of desperation because they attempt to censor or discredit me through personal attacks because they are not able to refute what I have posted about islam. So they wish that I would just go away :) but that tactic is not going to work for them.
Just to let you know, you are tangling with a Sunni Muslim, who will lie through his teeth to spread Islam. He uses dozens of proxy names and locations thinking he is smarter than we are. But the bottom line is, he is nothing more than a hateful, lying, piece of trash, who needs to get his head doctored.

He will be on within 2 hours trying to trash us both now. He hasn't learned not "MESS WITH TEXANS", the dumb pasture droppings.
Mahmood

Peterborough, Canada

#203098 Mar 12, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just said what I have been saying. The diggers do not do analysis. That is done by others.
My point was that a digger can dig out a scroll but he can'r read and explain it.
So what? Why are you trying to discredit the noble profession of archeology? If I don't know something, I will take it to someone who does, its as simple as that. You & I don't have clue how those guys operate. The trouble with you is that you go out of your way on a smear campaign against anyone that poses a challenge to the Koran.
I AM ONLY A WARNER

Newark, NJ

#203099 Mar 12, 2014
. O ye people! Adore your Guardian-Lord, who created you and those who came before you, that ye may have the chance to learn righteousness;
22. Who has made the earth your couch, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the heavens; and brought forth therewith Fruits for your sustenance; then set not up rivals unto Allah when ye know (the truth).
23. And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.
24. But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.
25. But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is Gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruits therefrom, they say: "Why, this is what we were fed with before," for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (for ever).
26. Allah disdains not to use the similitude of things, lowest as well as highest. Those who believe know that it is truth from their Lord; but those who reject Faith say: "What means Allah by this similitude?" By it He causes many to stray, and many He leads into the right path; but He causes not to stray, except those who forsake (the path),-
27. Those who break Allah.s Covenant after it is ratified, and who sunder what Allah Has ordered to be joined, and do mischief on earth: These cause loss (only) to themselves.
28. How can ye reject the faith in Allah.- seeing that ye were without life, and He gave you life; then will He cause you to die, and will again bring you to life; and again to Him will ye return

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 3 Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web