Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256358 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#202113 Mar 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Congrats! You now have an Islamozombie follower! They've been dogging me for months, if not years...
It's okay. I'm used to it. I consider that to be a concession from them :)
Cicero

Kansas City, MO

#202114 Mar 2, 2014
Shaddup and wash the dishes LiLyKnows NOTHING!

After that do the floor!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#202115 Mar 2, 2014
True Guidance and Light series (5)

The Promised Prophet of the Bible By: Munqidh Bin Mahmoud Assaqqar, PhD. Part-39

CH-12. MOSES (PBUH) PROPHESIES ABOUT THE COMING OF A PROPHET AND A MESSENGER LIKE HIM (Contd)

It is impossible that Jesus (PBUH) is that prophet who delivers all what God commands him; as Jesus (PBUH) was lifted to God when
he still had a lot to complete. However, he gave them prophecies of the next prophet who will tell them the whole truth, because he is the
prophet whose message will be completed and nothing will prevent him delivering his message. Jesus said (PBUH):

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak of his own authority; but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.“(John: 16/12-13).

6) Whoever does not listen to this prophet's words, God will punish,“whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.” Peter interpreted this passage as: "And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.”, for he is a prophet, adherence and obedience to him is a duty to everyone.
Those who will not adhere to him will be subject to God's punishment, and that is exactly what happened to all of Muhammad's (PBUH) enemies. God took revenge on all the polytheists who denied him, Arabs or Persians. Jesus (PBUH) said about him in the prophecy of the husbandmen (to be explained later):

"And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.”(Matthew: 21/44), so he is the solid rock that will erase his disobedient enemies, the one whom the prophet Daniel gave prophecies of his arrival

" And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever. Just as you saw that the stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold; a great God has made known to the king that shall be after this. The dream is certain, and the interpretation sure."
(Daniel: 2/21-45).

As for Jesus (PBUH), he did not have this strength. He did not even threaten his murderers, so what about those who did not adhere to his words. Luke said in the course of the crucifixion story "And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.”(Luke: 23/34), where is Jesus from that prophet “whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.”?

(Contd.)

MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#202116 Mar 2, 2014
7) One of the descriptions of this prophet is that he will not be killed; instead, God will spare his soul from being taken by the hands of the foolish. The false prophet will be punished “even that prophet shall die ", meaning to be killed, as killing is part of death, and because everyone will die. The Christians claim that Jesus was killed, so it is not possible that he is the promised prophet. Referring to the old translations of this passage we will find that some alterations took place during the translation, as in what came in the 1844 edition "for this prophet to be killed", and it is not a secret why this alteration took place.

8) He talks about the unknown, and the reality matches his words. That type of miracles is described in the Quran and the tradition of Muhammad (PBUH) in uncountable volume. However, I will mention here only one of the prophecies Muhammad (PBUH) made, and it took place exactly as he mentioned.

In 617 C.E., the Persians almost erased the Roman Empire from the world map, as the troops of “Caesar Eiberweez the second” arrived
in the Nile Valley, and captured great parts of the Roman Empire. In a few years, the Persian army was able to control Syria and parts of
Egypt, and their troops took over Antioch in the north, which was a clear picture showing the end of the Roman Empire.

Even Hercules wanted to flee from Constantinople, but the highest Roman priest convinced him to be tolerant and to request a humiliated truce with the Persians. In the middle of all these events and against the entire expectations, prophet Muhammad (PBUH) announced that the Romans would be victorious over the Persians in few years, not more than nine years, as in what was revealed to him by God:

(Contd.)
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#202117 Mar 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Ishaq:327 "Allah said,'A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.'"
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken as captives. The captives were divided among the Muslims. Then the Messenger began taking the homes and property that were closest to him."
That is why I started this series!!

You are interested only on one side, I want to show also the other side.

So let people know both sides and take a balanced view point.

You want to make demon out of the Noblest Soul that ever lived on the earth and I will keep on bringing his true face before public.

Let us both get busy in our task, each of us will get its rewards when our eyes close for final time, Inshallah, i.e. Allah willing.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#202118 Mar 2, 2014
There are no demons, no souls, no judgement (rewards or punishments) after death. Everything happens in the now - in life.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#202119 Mar 2, 2014
MUQ wrote:
You want to make demon out of the Noblest Soul that ever lived on the earth and I will keep on bringing his true face before public.
Let us both get busy in our task, each of us will get its rewards when our eyes close for final time, Inshallah, i.e. Allah willing.
I'm not making anything out of that "prophet" of yours. I simply quote the record, and the record makes a demon out of your "Noblest Soul." whose "true face" was that of a thieving, lying, enslaving, rape-enabling murderer who imposed a reign of terror that has persisted to this very day.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#202120 Mar 2, 2014
THE IDEA OF A NOBLEST SOUL IS HUMBUG

Muhammad was the Noblest Soul, say the Muslims. The Jews would say Moses was the Noblest Soul. The Christians would say Jesus was the Noblest Soul. The Buddhists would say Buddha was the Noblest Soul. The Hindus would name either Rama, Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Krishna or Kabir as the Noblest Soul. The humanists would say Mahatma Gandhi was the Noblest Soul. The rationalists would say Max Planck was the Noblest Soul.

Each of the above-named personality had his fair share of defects and good points with some of the names listed above being more inclined towards perversity than towards benevolence and wisdom.

Depending on one's conditioning any one of the above names or some other name could rank as the Noblest Soul in one's subjective opinion which counts for little.

However, it may be definitively said that among the names given above in terms of real positive contributions to world knowledge Max Planck provided a grateful humanity with notable insights into some of the most fundamental laws of the universe, while the Buddha's illumined moral code based on universal non-discrimination, universal non-violence, universal peace and universal compassion are admirable.

On the other hand, the prophets of religions have set a very dangerous example by preaching irrational nonsense and of providing a vicious example of murder, uncalled for interference in human affairs, intolerance and discrimination.

Religion is fast being extinguished everywhere in the world as more people are becoming aware of its brainwashing techniques, pseudoscience and hatred.

Glad to know that evidence-based and reason-based atheism is the fastest growing phenomenon in the world.

Within half a century or so religion will be relegated to the most obscure corners of the world where brainless fanatics, who, by then, will constitute a minority of the world's population, can still worship their mythical God and hallucinate about heaven, hell and coming of a future messiah.
LiLyknows

Quitman, TX

#202121 Mar 2, 2014
MUQ wrote:
.... It is impossible that Jesus (PBUH) is that prophet who delivers all what God commands him; as Jesus (PBUH) was lifted to God when he still had a lot to complete.
You mean 'isa' not 'Jesus' because islam believes in a fictional character that is not the same as the Biblical Messiah who was not just a 'prophet'. So your 'source' begins the argument with a long list of fallacies. It was the MESSIAH not 'just a prophet' that the prophecies referred to, and show me from the koran what was he intended to complete as the Messiah?

The comforter is the Holy Spirit of the Biblical God (John 14:26), so are you trying to argue that mohammed was the Holy Spirit of God?

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#202122 Mar 2, 2014
There are no demons, no souls, no heaven, no flying angels, no hell, no G-d and no judgement (rewards or punishments).

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#202123 Mar 2, 2014
Everything in life happens by human effort.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#202124 Mar 2, 2014
Heinrich Himmler was a loving husband and father, but he also hated Jews and oversaw the implementation of the Holocaust.
See: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.... , and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinrich_Himmler

IOW, I'm not making a demon out of Himmler. I'm simply quoting the record.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#202125 Mar 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
REBIRTH IS A LIE
Well, I have changed my view on rebirth which is a myth.
After the death of the body, some of the body's EM field with a residual amount of sentience radiates into the environment where it may scatter in the environment or it may merge with the energy field of an animal, plant or human being and get assimilated.
Now, if a disembodied EM field of person Y with a residual amount of sentience merges with the EM field of a living person X it may produce sentient patterns of its own past existence in the EM field of the person it has infused.
The person (X)(in whom a small amount of Y's discarnate EM field has entered) may become aware of a new sentient pattern in his awareness and thinking it to be his own may remember certain incidents in the life of the person (Y) whose, as said earlier, disembodied EM field has entered his own.
In this way, X comes to believe that he had a past life.
This merging of discarnate EM field of the dead man Y with the energy field of a living person X is very rare.
In 99.99 % cases, a dead person's EM field quickly dissipates in the environment without leaving behind a trace.
So, obviously, rebirth is a lie.
I agree ...... Everything you have posted in this thread are lies according to your own admission !!

So, since you are now saying rebirth is a lie.... This has to be another lie too ...

Hence, as per simple exclusion principle, Rebirth is a Truth.Period.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#202126 Mar 2, 2014
HEINRICH HIMMLER INFLUENCED BY JESUS

Heinrich Himmler was born in a conservative Catholic family.

His hatred of the Jews could have stemmed from religious teachings - in the NT, Jesus, the so-called prince of peace, mercilessly abused and cursed the Jews calling them vipers and Satan's spawn among choice expletives. Later, the Christians demonized the Jews calling them Christ killers which led to genocides committed against the Jews in Europe.

Himmler was thus only faithfully carrying forward the Christian tradition of hating/killing Jews.

Who's to blame for beginning this madness? Jesus!
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#202127 Mar 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not making anything out of that "prophet" of yours. I simply quote the record, and the record makes a demon out of your "Noblest Soul." whose "true face" was that of a thieving, lying, enslaving, rape-enabling murderer who imposed a reign of terror that has persisted to this very day.
I am also writing from the same records!!

So it seems that you are cherry picking things of your choice and presenting only one side of the picture.

And your adjectives show very plainly that you have a hatred and biased against him!!

Let people see both sides of his life and decide.!!

I have info hundreds of times more than you have on your "favorite subjects"....so you present only less that 1 % of his life, wheres I the other more than 99 %.

Let people decide if he was a Demon or the Noblest Soul that ever lived on this earth.

PS:

And if you want to compare the list of his admirers and the lest of his haters...all thru the history, you would find out the true position.

Most of his admirers (from Non Muslim sides) have been great men of politics, philosophy, science, medicine , law and history.

And dregs who are his haters include persons like you!!

You can have your choice!!

I will not fight fire with fire....I will use water to quench the fire!!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#202128 Mar 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Everything in life happens by human effort.
Yes, everything.... Including the Nuclear Weapons and other weapons of mass destruction!!

Collect statistics and you will find 90% of the scientists involved will boldly declare themselves to be Atheists.

Now, another group of Atheistic Scientists are foolishly trying to unfold the Mysteries of the Universe. They are concerned about some stars or, galaxies which are billions of light years away, while millions of people are dying of starvation every year on this very earth.

These fools don't even know that they can't even reach the nearest star Alpha Centaury (A, B & Proxima) which is just 4.2 LY away (4X10^13 Kms). The speed of the fastest Spacecraft is 60000 Kms /hr. At current rate, it will take 76100 years to reach near these closest stars.

What more, if our earth is a 2.5 mm diameter marble, then this nearest star is like a 250 mm diameter soccer ball located at LONDON. Upon calculation, it can be shown that it’s gravitational effect on earth is 7.12x10^16 times less than the gravitational effect of SUN on earth.

On practical point of view, this star is as good as a 100 W lamp shining some 10 m above the surface of earth. And to think of it, this is the nearest star. It is better not to even talk about the stars that are further away.

These foolish Atheists (So called scientists) think themselves very knowledgeable, but in reality they are dwelling in the darkest region of “Ignorance”.

This is what Human efforts are now thinking as the pinnacle of their achievements!! LOL!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#202129 Mar 2, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also writing from the same records!!
So it seems that you are cherry picking things of your choice and presenting only one side of the picture.
And your adjectives show very plainly that you have a hatred and biased against him!!
Let people see both sides of his life and decide.!!
I have info hundreds of times more than you have on your "favorite subjects"....so you present only less that 1 % of his life, wheres I the other more than 99 %.
Let people decide if he was a Demon or the Noblest Soul that ever lived on this earth.
PS:
And if you want to compare the list of his admirers and the lest of his haters...all thru the history, you would find out the true position.
Most of his admirers (from Non Muslim sides) have been great men of politics, philosophy, science, medicine , law and history.
And dregs who are his haters include persons like you!!
You can have your choice!!
I will not fight fire with fire....I will use water to quench the fire!!
Agreed ...... but still the fact remains, that all of us including Buford are Quoting the most Authentic Islamic sources ("Quran" & "Sahi Hadiths), where as you are posting some Hypothetical Article written based on some wild imagination and own understanding of another fanatic Muslim.

Just think about it, and try to see whether your logic stands in comparison to ours!!!!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#202130 Mar 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
HIGHLIGHT ON REBIRTH:
The person (X), in whose EM field a small amount of Y's discarnate EM field has entered, may become aware of a new sentient pattern in his awareness and thinking it to be his own may remember certain incidents in the life of the person (Y), whose, as said earlier, disembodied EM field has entered X's energy field.
In this way, X comes to believe that he had a past life.
Like you once believed !!! LOL!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#202131 Mar 2, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
I know nothing about koran!

Qur'an has to be the truth because it has been committed to memory.....and how do you brainwash them into deleting or changing the words...?

BMZ has given a more detailed reply.
Thanks, bro

I don't expect a genuine ex-Muslim to spell Qur'aan as Koran. I use 'Koraan' for those, who claim to be ex-Muslim. Have never seen any educated Muslim spelling Qur'aan as Koran.

Salaams
BMZ
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#202132 Mar 2, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
SO-CALLED PARANORMAL PHENOMENA ARE EXCITED STATES OF BRAIN
The brain in certain states of excitement, brought about my profound meditative practices, emits heightened EM wave activity which gives rise to superior powers like telescopic vision, microscopic vision, acute sense of smell, power to affect the EM fields of others, light radiating from body etc.
What actually happens is that when a higher frequency of EM energy is produced in the brain it excites to a greater degree the ordinary working of the brain centers and this excited energy wave produces greater sensitivity of the nerve cells - the result of this phenomenon is the manifestation of the so-called paranormal phenomena.
In reality, every mystical phenomenon boils down to various higher frequencies of EM energy produced in the brain-body system.
Mysticism falls under the sway of the deeper laws of physics.
First get to understand the sallow Laws and then you can think about going Deeper!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jun 24 John 4,952
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) May '17 Tete Rouge 119
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr '17 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr '17 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
More from around the web