Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254045 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#201687 Feb 24, 2014
The mind is separate from the brain, which is part of the soul (body). It is maintained by electrical and chemical impulses. Our thoughts, memories and emotions are part of the spirit which becomes independent upon death. Inside the body spirit is "breath" and outside it's "wind".
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201688 Feb 24, 2014
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you cannot distinguish between Terror and Arabic word RO'B.... then you deserve this comment!!
And most of you people are like this, hardly any exception.
http://www.hadithcollection.com/sahihbukhari/...

Bismillah-Hir-Rahman-Nir-Rahee m

Narrated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with awe (cast into the hearts of the enemy),

Mohammad the Awesome, by his own proud admission

LOL!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#201689 Feb 24, 2014
susanblange wrote:
The mind is separate from the brain, which is part of the soul (body). It is maintained by electrical and chemical impulses. Our thoughts, memories and emotions are part of the spirit which becomes independent upon death. Inside the body spirit is "breath" and outside it's "wind".
This is totally confusing concept ..... "Mind" is not separate from brain, it is also a product of material nature and is manifested by electrical activities in the "Brain".

"Mind" is not part of "Soul", rather it is through "Mind" that the Spirit Soul gets contaminated by the modes of material nature (Goodness, passion & Ignorance). That is why the first step in spiritual realization is to control and conquer the mind.
"Intelligence" is above the "Mind" and the Spirit Soul is even above intelligence.

It is by proper use of "Mind" and "Intelligence" one can free himself from material bondage and keep himself above the modes of material nature.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#201690 Feb 24, 2014
https://www.facebook.com/HazratMuhammadsaw

''Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W) has an Awesome Personality''

vs.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Muhammad/my...

The Myths of Muhammad
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#201691 Feb 24, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Why waste butter/curd?
Even we don't do it in rich Europe.
The poor hanumans there need some fat.
Dear Alex,

Every one in this thread know that you are not a native European !! LOL!

Why are you repeatedly degrading yourself by comparing only material richness?? This is supposed to be a thread for spiritual elevation.

Please keep your racial mentality and hatred at bay before putting down any post !! LOL!

You are a Racist and lowest among Mankind!! LOL!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#201692 Feb 24, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not be able to stand Ahmad Bahgat's responses to you, if he were here. I am too kind but Ahmad is not.
That's great news BMZ,,,,, If such great knower of Islam is your friend, it will be really interesting to interact with him ....

Why don't you invite him to join this thread and ask him to clarify how, "Maryam" who was the mother of Quranic "Jesus" ('Isa) is also the sister of Aaron who lived some 1400 years before the so called "Maryam"!!

Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201693 Feb 24, 2014
coming soon blockbuster question for

all

truth seekers!!!!"

Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201695 Feb 24, 2014
and
Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201696 Feb 24, 2014
and 0
Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201697 Feb 24, 2014
so here it is
Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201698 Feb 24, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the point !! Why he will waste it, unless he thinks it is useless and is worth wasting !!
I gave this little problem to JOEL for his introspection !! Later on I will clarify when the time comes.
i have a big question for you...

according to Hinduism krishna was avatar of krishna..!!....(1)

and according to hindus ,avtar means god it self in human form (2)

so from (1) & (2)

krishna was god ..

now think globally

according to hinduism buddha too was avatar(9th avtar of vishnu)..(3)

so from

(2)&(3)
buddha must be god like krishna ,if not krishna then will also be not god.!!

lets examine...!!

budda was son of a king ..
he was living a luxurious life in the palace
one day he got out of his kingdom
and he was shocked to see misery of people

he said "oh god! what the fu*k is going on"

of fuu*ck...life sucks!!!!!

and he lost interest in his kingdom and leave for searching god..!

now can god say "wTF is going on??

no..
no Buddhist says that Buddha was god..!!!!!

buddha came after krishna so we have more updated knowledge of buddha than krishna...!!!

so if buddha was not god then how come krishna became god ???

and no sorry for my english ..i dont care

truth is in front of you
if you seek it..you will be truth seeker else you will be truth sucker !!!!!
Kim yong jyong lee

Ashburn, VA

#201699 Feb 24, 2014
sorry for printing mistake
*krishna was avatar of vishnu

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#201700 Feb 24, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You are mixing two things ..... It is known to everyone that brain controls the cellular function. But, aging is a process which is exhibited only by organized matter and not at sub atomic level. This aging is due to the various cyclic process the matter is subjected to. Like dull matter, our body cells are also designed to sustain a certain nos. of cycles. Breath restraints and reducing food intake are the basic processes by which one can control this nos. of cycles and divide the nos. of utilized cycle over an extended period of time.
Each and every cell of our body are periodically replaced by new cells and that is how the body of all living beings sustain over time. This is the basic difference between a living body and dull matter. Right from the time of our birth, we are replacing our body parts gradually and yet we remain the same person throughout our life. This is the proof that "Soul" is different from the body.
But this replacement ability also has a limit. When the limit exceeds, our body can no longer continue to replace the old cells and that is how aging occurs in a living cell. The key in anti aging is to retard this basic process of cell replacement and that has nothing to do at sub-atomic level. It is the organized matter that is subjected to this aging .... and that same concept of aging is applied even to our Universe, which also dies over time ....
You are simply Clueless and a pretender !! LOL!
That's exactly what he does.

Sometimes he makes a superficial research on net and come out with few concepts that are part of the discussion but completely irrelevant to the discussed point(s) or either intentionally or unintentionally, like in this case he mixes up some arguments to show he's right.

All in all he appears to be confused and ignorant, and arrogant. This is why I don't even bother to answer to his "Science". If I may suggest you don't something, leave him alone, you are wasting your time with him.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#201701 Feb 24, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
See what you do, when convenient, you bank on spurious traditions. You said "Mohammad died a pauper", where is it in the Koran? So which one of those liars and ignorant fools gave you this information, Ben Issac, Bukhari, Muslim, Tabari, Waqidi, or Baladhuri?
Now, let me show you and all what you do when I give good reasons/explanations:

I had written: "How long will you keep on bullshitting?

Muhammad died a pauper, Mischievous Ignorant Fool

He had no wealth, no palaces and had nothing.

Muhammad was definitely richer in wisdom and knowledge compared with your Jesus."

And this what you did. You wrote foolishly: "See what you do, when convenient, you bank on spurious traditions. You said "Mohammad died a pauper", where is it in the Koran? "

And you asked me to show where is it written in Koraan? How do you expect that to be in Koraan? Absolutely hilarious.

Mahmood, do you think Islamic history came only from Liars like Ben Issac (Ibn Ishaq) or Tabari or Ibn Hisham or Waqidi or Ibn Sa'ad? These men came long after the Prophet had passed away.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#201702 Feb 24, 2014
PROLONGING LIFE IN THE BODY

HINTS

1) generate higher frequency em waves in the brain-body cells via meditation on higher frequencies primal sounds called mantras which when activated in the brain-body centers will maintain the electrical stability of the cells and in the process drive out signs of ageing brought on by disruption in the cellular electrical fields and it will also keep diseases at bay by killing germs by neutralizing their feeble electrical fields.

2) when a higher em frequency is generated in the brain-body cells the urge to eat, produce waste and excrete disappears and one need not eat food and so wear and tear and accumulation of toxins in the body cells disappears and in the process, when attains to this advanced yogic condition, one draws in radiant energy directly from the environment to nourish the body. In such a yogic poise, the body is fully converted into an pulsating electrical device like many other natural objects.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#201703 Feb 24, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>

Right from the time of our birth, we are replacing our body parts gradually and yet we remain the same person throughout our life. This is the proof that "Soul" is different from the body.
Really?

Is that factual evidence about the soul or is it evidence of the persistence of brain electrical activity that generates sentience and in the process confers on us the feeling of being ever conscious?

There's nothing like soul.

If soul exists it should be made of some stuff - is that soul stuff called the spirit?

What is spirit?

LOL.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#201704 Feb 24, 2014
Cellular division takes place under the impact of cellular electrical fields but once this field begins weakening due to wear and tear processes at work in the cells or due to some inhibitions in the cells like accumulations of toxins with high dielectric then the process of cell division slows down and finally stops.
bmz

Singapore

#201705 Feb 24, 2014
MUQ wrote:
If you cannot distinguish between Terror and Arabic word RO'B.... then you deserve this comment!!

And most of you people are like this, hardly any exception.
Well said, MUQ

That is the problem with Greek and English languages, which are extremely poor and unfit for Scriptures.

Native speakers of English have only Terror in their vocabulary and mind. And the translators of the Bible could not think of a better word.

Salaams
BMZ

JOEL COOL DUDE

Location hidden

#201706 Feb 24, 2014
SOUL?

The persistence of brain-generated consciousness fools one into believing that one has a permanent substrate called soul or self that is separate from the body. However, the brain-generated consciousness can be altered, damaged or brought to an end by brain diseases like Alzheimer's, surgical operations on specific parts of brain tissue or by various electrochemical/chemical methods. There's nothing like a soul nor is consciousness a thing. Consciousness is simply em activity in organized states of matter.
bmz

Singapore

#201707 Feb 24, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, let me guess. They rejected Muhammad as a false prophet, which is why they fought against his rule???
Guess with what?

Your problem is that you can't even guess right! Please allow me to educate you:

His "rule" was not even established at that time.

Those men sided with the pagan Meccans, instigated them and asked them to come and finish Islam and the Prophet.

The Meccans could not fight for a long period, their provisions ran out and they ran away, leaving those men to face the music. As simple as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr thetruth 4,833
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 2 hr thetruth 805
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 15 hr Frijoles 15
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web