Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256344 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Sep 13

Dubai, UAE

#200186 Feb 2, 2014
truth wrote:
we speak about life..yee..please explain where life start, how become as well who sustain..
you not tell me
life is deference on see land animals humans but still as cell alive..
i am not speak for power no
as you can see we speak ..life..
so simple explanation..life as cell..
i asked..to be magic..or ordinary cary on life as cell whats deference..
try explain not talk about power..
nobody take power from anyone..no
life as cell
It doesn't matter if. Life cell or something else

But question who created these cell

Even calculator is. Made out. Of cells

Scientist invent plane
But who invented birds that fly long distance.

Scientist invent calculator
But who invented human brain that store info without storage

Dubai, UAE

#200187 Feb 2, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That is great indeed, brother!
JZK.
Salaams, Alex WM
I am glad that you like it

http://im33.gulfup.com/Dj19b.gif

May Allah make all your days Great

Dubai, UAE

#200188 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Every one saw jesus

John 4:12 &#9658;
Parallel Verses
New International Version
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200189 Feb 2, 2014
No-Doubt wrote:
No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.
Really? Here's some examples of "love one another" for your consideration:

Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken captive."

Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."

Qur'an:7:3 "Little do you remember My warning. How many towns have We destroyed as a raid by night? Our punishment took them suddenly while they slept for their afternoon rest. Our terror came to them; Our punishment overtook them."

Qur'an 2:191 "And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter."

Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"

Tabari VIII:181 "The Messenger ordered six men and four women to be assassinated. One of these women was Hind, who swore allegiance and became a Muslim."

Tabari VIII:122
Ishaq:515 "The Prophet gave orders concerning Kinanah to Zubayr, saying,'Torture him until you root out and extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on Kinanah's chest, twirling it with his firestick until Kinanah was near death. Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who beheaded him."

Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with terror.'"
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200190 Feb 2, 2014
No, it isn't terrorism, it's Muslims showing the world's disbelievers how to love one another.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#200191 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Prove it.
Actually, I had written this:

"When one says that God can become a man, one has to show that God had become a man previously."

What is there to prove?

What is this obsession of yours with "Prove it", Buford.

You are supposed to offer me proof that God had come down long before Jesus, as a man. You and I know jolly well that God Almighty never came as a man at all.
bmz

Location hidden

#200192 Feb 2, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
How the message gets corrupted....John 3:16……(remember how "another advocate" turns into "comma, holy ghost" who was already present before and during the time of Jesus?!!!)

For God so lovED the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Pure message of monotheism:

For GOD so lovES the world that he gives us many messengers including Jesus, that whoever believes in GOD should not perish but have eternal life.

ALL GLORY MAJESTY and PRAISE belongs to GOD ALMIGHTY.

Puny men cannot steal GOD's GLORY.
Hello, Alex

The message got corrupted right in the very beginning of John.

When John Wycliffe did the FIRST English translation of NT in 1385, he translated John 1:1 as:

"In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God and God was the word."

One does not see 'Word' with a W in caps at all and one also does not see that the 'Word' was God.

So, in the beginning it was all about God.

Now see what they have done to his translation in brackets:

"John 1:1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]"

The translation "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.", is a 15th Century forgery and distortion.

Salaams
BMZ
Alex WM

London, UK

#200193 Feb 2, 2014
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you like it
http://im33.gulfup.com/Dj19b.gif
May Allah make all your days Great
It is very kind of you! An excellent piece of work..May Allah make all your days great and always blessed. Ameen.
Salaams...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200194 Feb 2, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I had written this:
"When one says that God can become a man, one has to show that God had become a man previously."
What is there to prove?
What is this obsession of yours with "Prove it", Buford.
You are supposed to offer me proof that God had come down long before Jesus, as a man. You and I know jolly well that God Almighty never came as a man at all.
You never learn, you who KNOW for a fact what God would NEVER, EVER do, because, of course, you ARE God.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200195 Feb 2, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Alex
When John Wycliffe did the FIRST English translation of NT in 1385, he translated John 1:1 as:
One does not see 'Word' with a W in caps at all and one also does not see that the 'Word' was God.
[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]"
The translation "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.", is a 15th Century forgery and distortion.
Salaams
BMZ
Boy, are you stupid, or what?
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200196 Feb 2, 2014
Funny how the braindead Islamobots judge my post http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8... as they do, since all I'm quoting the QUR'AN and other MUSLIM sources.
Mahmood

Keswick, Canada

#200197 Feb 2, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I missed this one, dear brother.
Thank you for your great posts.
I saw the video and Prof Keith Moore is a man of wisdom. Thank you.
Time after time the truth of Islam is being witnessed by many. The numbers are increasing.
Quran has been available for over 1400 years for all to see, unlike the "Church books" that were kept under lock and key in case people started challenging them...
Now that we have access to these via many sources, we can clearly see why they were kept away from the masses.
We are NOT looking for converts!
WE pray that hearts, eyes, minds open to the truth......It is up to them to do whatever they wish with what they find as part of their free choice...
"We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?(Quran 41:53)
Salaams. Alex WM
What about conversion from Islam, have you given it some thought?

Dubai, UAE

#200198 Feb 2, 2014
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What about conversion from Islam, have you given it some thought?
What do you mean?
bmz

Location hidden

#200199 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Boy, are you stupid, or what?
Hello, One Liner Buford

No, dear Buford.

Only a stupid person would not have been able to understand the following wise comments of mine. Read again!

"Hello, Alex

Salaams

BMZ"
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200200 Feb 2, 2014
Converts FROM Islam, also known as apostates, are a courageous bunch, especially if they happen to live in Muslim majority countries where apostasy is punished as a criminal offense.

.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Apostasy

In 2011, 20 countries across the globe prohibited its citizens from apostasy; in these countries, it is a criminal offense to abandon one's faith to become atheist, or convert to another religion. All 20 of these countries were majority Islamic nations, of which 11 were in the Middle East. No country in the Americas or Europe has any law forbidding apostasy and restricting the freedom to convert to any religion. Furthermore, across the globe, no country with Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, agnostic or atheist majority had any criminal or civil laws forbidding or encouraging apostasy, or had laws restricting an individual's right to convert from one religion to another.

The following are some nations that treat apostasy under their criminal laws.
Iran – illegal (death penalty)
Egypt – illegal (3 years' imprisonment)
Pakistan – illegal (death penalty since 2007)
United Arab Emirates – illegal (3 years' imprisonment, flogging)
Somalia – illegal (death penalty)
Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions)
Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)
Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution)
Qatar – illegal (death penalty)
Yemen – illegal (death penalty)
Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)
Mauritania – illegal (death penalty if still apostate after 3 days)
Morocco – illegal to proselytise conversion (15 years' imprisonment)
Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy
Oman – legal in criminal code, but according to the family code, a father can lose custody of his child

A few Islamic majority nations, not in the above list, prosecute apostasy even though they do not have apostasy laws, and only have blasphemy laws. In these nations, there is no general agreement or legal code to define "blasphemy". The lack of definition and legal vagueness has been used to include apostasy as a form of blasphemy. For example, in Indonesia, the phrase used in the Blasphemy Law is penyalahgunaan dan/atau penodaan agama, meaning "to misuse or disgrace a religion". Persons accused of blasphemy have included murtad (apostate), kafir (non-Muslim/unbeliever), aliran sesat (deviant group), sesat (deviant), or aliran kepercayaan (mystical believers). Indonesia has invoked blasphemy laws to address crimes of riddah (apostasy); zandaqah (heresy); nifaq (hypocrisy); and kufr (unbelief). Islamic activists have demanded, and state prosecutors have proposed, prison sentences to death as punishment for such crimes.

Dubai, UAE

#200201 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken captive."
Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
Qur'an:7:3 "Little do you remember My warning. How many towns have We destroyed as a raid by night? Our punishment took them suddenly while they slept for their afternoon rest. Our terror came to them; Our punishment overtook them."
Qur'an 2:191 "And kill them wherever you find and catch them. Drive them out from where they have turned you out; for Al-Fitnah (polytheism, disbelief, oppression) is worse than slaughter."
Bukhari:V4B52N270 "Allah's Messenger said,'Who is ready to kill Ashraf? He has said injurious things about Allah and His Apostle.' Maslama got up saying,'Would you like me to kill him?' The Prophet proclaimed,'Yes.' Maslama said,'Then allow me to lie so that I will be able to deceive him.' Muhammad said,'You may do so.'"
Tabari VIII:181 "The Messenger ordered six men and four women to be assassinated. One of these women was Hind, who swore allegiance and became a Muslim."
Ishaq:515 "The Prophet gave orders concerning Kinanah to Zubayr, saying,'Torture him until you root out and extract what he has. So Zubayr kindled a fire on Kinanah's chest, twirling it with his firestick until Kinanah was near death. Then the Messenger gave him to Maslamah, who beheaded him."
Bukhari:V9B87N127 "The Prophet said,'I have been given the keys of eloquent speech and given victory with terror.'"
Haa ha ha

Jews known as killer of prophets

Even mentioned in bible

Oh jersulem oh jersulem killer of prophets

• jews as usual declare war against prophet and he was forced to protect his people ~

• he didn't kill his people

Big lie ~

Once he was organizing soldiers line, one of them was
Out of line

He had something in his hand, he used it to alert man
Then man said I want to get revenge aand to do same thing with you so take your shirt off

Then peace be upon him did what he asked
Man fall kissing him

Saying last thing that I want my skin touch your skin

It is because he is blessing

God say in quran :
So by mercy from Allah ,[O Muhammad], you were lenient with them. And if you had been rude [in speech] and harsh in heart, they would have disbanded from about you. So pardon them and ask forgiveness for them and consult them in the matter. And when you have decided, then rely upon Allah . Indeed, Allah loves those who rely [upon Him].

bmz

Location hidden

#200202 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
You never learn, you who KNOW for a fact what God would NEVER, EVER do, because, of course, you ARE God.
No, not that. I will try to make it easy for you.

What I have been trying to instill in your your mind is that God never came down as a man. Now, tell me through the Jewish Holy Scriptures if God ever came down as a man?

That God can become a man is a Christian thingy.

It is done to justify the silly, ridiculous and absurd notion that Jesus was God, who came down as a man.

Dubai, UAE

#200203 Feb 2, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check your hadith
Hind die after prophet peace be upon him normal death
There was no such order ( big lie)
• ishq ( where you brought this stuff?
It is not confidential
Checkk your source instead of copy paste
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200204 Feb 2, 2014
Bukhari:V1B1N6 "Just issue orders to kill every Jew in the country."
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#200205 Feb 2, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Alex
Salaams
BMZ
You continue to present the same shortsighted argument, persuasive only to you and your fawning supporter Alex.

Chew on this, genius: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Apr 5 helpful links 22
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Mar '18 Apittman010 480
I'm searching for answers Feb '18 You and everyone 3
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '18 superwilly 5,154
News How to Cast a Spell to Levitate Objects (Jun '10) Feb '18 Arturo 6
News "Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Feb '18 Boogie man 50
Journalism Diorama(s): Pluralism Theocracy Jan '18 Abishai100 1