Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 252930 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#200022 Jan 29, 2014
(Contd. from Post #200020)

Where as those who are in the mode of “Ignorance” simply can not differentiate between belief and un-belief. They are always under the spell of illusion. They simply think that their path of belief is the only right path and they can not tolerate any other alternative way of existence. Zero tolerance is the norm for them. They do not even hesitate to curse the men of other faith and even pray to God for extermination of people of other faith. Usually all type of extremists and fanatics of every religion fall under this category. Their confirmed destination is the darkest region of abominable existence. One may call it “Hell” or, one may call it rebirth in lowest from of life etc. The supporting verse in Gita is as under –

adharmam dharmam iti ya
manyate tamasavrta
sarvarthan viparitams ca
buddhih sa partha tamasi (Gita 18:32)

Meaning: That understanding which considers irreligion to be religion and religion to be irreligion, under the spell of illusion and darkness, and strives always in the wrong direction, O Partha, is in the mode of ignorance.

Now to answer to you about those who do not believe in existence of God or, those who are Atheists, I called them that they are in the mode of “Ignorance”. I will explain in my next post.

Good Night ..

(To Be Contd..)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#200023 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
Dear All Knowing Brat,

Since you know everything, I simply can not understand, why you failed to figure out that I was never commenting about Jesus .... My comment was only in support of what he wrote about your False Prophet .......

Jesus does not need any addition to make him greater .... He was always great even if we only go as per the Gospels ..... So, even if he didn't pray from cross for the enemies, it will not make him less Great .... He was always one of the greatest and will always remain so ....
Fool, you never understand. I saw you sucking up to El Cid and that is why I wrote the following:

"Fool,

Buford wrote: "Based on the actual records, the most basic difference between Christianity and Islam is that Jesus prayed for his enemies from the cross, while Mohammad had many of his enemies murdered."

That Jesus prayed for his enemies from the cross, is a lie. That line "Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing”, is not included in many ancient manuscripts.

It is a forgery, which was added in later.

Now, if you have some brain, you would realize that according to that forgery, he asked forgiveness only for Romans, who had shared his clothes, underwear, etc. The biblical Jesus was pro-Romans.

Do you see how hilarious this gets?"

The point was that the verse "Father, forgive them for what they do", is a forgery. Jesus never asked God to forgive the Romans, who were sharing his soiled clothes.

This 'love your enemy' falls under bigotry and Jesus was no bigot.

To me, there is no such thing as "the greatest prophets". Jesus was one of the most obedient servants/slaves of God.

And always remember that I try to educate ignorant fools, so please try to learn.
bmz

Singapore

#200024 Jan 29, 2014
El Cid wrote:
Master Baiter and Switcher,

You lose.
Is that all you could write in response to the following, Buford?

I had written this and you did not even address the contents of my post:

"Actually, SOURCE is not important, reasoning is.

Did the Church provide any SOURCE for the following absurd and false statements?

1. Jesus is God in flesh or God in person .(NO SOURCE & nothing from Jesus)

2. Jesus is God.(NO SOURCE & nothing from Jesus)

Even encyclopedias cannot provide any source on above.

What you need is a brain."
bmz

Singapore

#200025 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
(Contd.. from Post #200019)
Now to address your 2nd question, for those who believe in God, their belief can be in all the three modes i.e. Goodness or, Passion or, Ignorance.
Someone who believes God in the mode of Goodness, is not concerned about what God can do for him. He is rather always thinking what he can do to please God. He has no desire of anything in return from God for his faith in him. He just wants to be associated with the God, he wants liberation or, salvation from this material bondage to be with God in the Spiritual world. He has immense love for God in his mind, Body & soul. Being governed by the teachings of Krishna or, Jesus, his each and every action will be only for Good of Humanity and all other living beings. He won’t let any other human element in between him and God to influence any of his actions. Since they do not expect anything from God, they do not depend on God for any of their material success or, failure. They just concentrate on their work with full dedication and effort without unnecessarily thinking about the result. Now there is an excellent Verse in Gita to support the above –
pravrttim ca nivrttim ca
karyakarye bhayabhaye
bandham moksam ca ya vetti
buddhih sa partha sattviki (Gita 18:30)
Meaning: That understanding by which one knows what ought to be done and what ought not to be done, what is to be feared and what is not to be feared, what is binding and what is liberating, that understanding is established in the mode of goodness.
Where as those who believe in God in the mode of “Passion”, they are always thinking what gain they will have by worshiping God. They always want something in return for their act of worship. They ask for success in business, success in family life etc.. But their faith and belief gets shattered when they do not get the desired result. These classes of believers tend to fall under the influence of false preachers and masters. These false masters always tell them sweet things and ways to bribe God by some meaning less sacrifices and some time they do not hesitate to perform some cruel act in the name of faith or, belief. The believers in Mode of “Passion” are mostly God fearing rather than God loving. There is no hope for liberation or, salvation for them due to their attachment to material gains / losses and feeling of insecurity. In today’s world, majority of human are in this category of spirituality, be it Hindus, Muslims or, Christians. It is the job of every “Truth Seeker” to try and elevate people’s belief in God to the Mode of “Goodness” from the mode of “Passion”. Let us see how God explains the same in Gita –
yaya dharmam adharmam ca
karyam cakaryam eva ca
ayathavat prajanati
buddhih sa partha rajasi (Gita 18:31)
Meaning: And that understanding which cannot distinguish between the religious way of life and the irreligious, between action that should be done and action that should not be done, that imperfect understanding, O son of Prtha, is in the mode of passion.
(To be Contd..)
I would strongly suggest that you discontinue the stuff. Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#200026 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: liar! i have never said anything like that. that is no where close, to what is written in The Torah Scroll. and it does not use the name jesus, for Adam either like this confused world does.
Rabbee,

I never said that you said that. Jesus has no place in the beginning.

I was talking about the verse, which was most ridiculously misinterpreted and misunderstood by ignorant fools, who see Gods but not one God in that verse.
bmz

Singapore

#200027 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
Let us for argument's sake, believe that what ever you are posting about ISHMAEL is correct.

But even then .... What is the use???? What is the way to Link him with ISLAM???

When it is being conclusively proved that "Quran" is full of lies and deceptions, your holy book and so called holy Prophet is any way disqualified from the link ..... Just think about it. Period!!
Fool,

The problem with you is that you do not even know what an argument is and on top of that you do not know how to argue and reason.

You simply litter the precious bandwidth your oral diarrhea and silly and idiotic statements.

See how idiotic your question is?

And which bloody fool among your likes, has conclusively proved anything against Qur'aan and Islam?

You should concentrate more on defending the sex perverts and maniacs like Brahma, Shiva and Krishna.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#200029 Jan 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
I was talking about the verse, which was most ridiculously misinterpreted and misunderstood by ignorant fools, who see Gods but not one God in that verse.
rabbee: as long as your using the wrong scriptures, to verify the twice coming you'll always be a liar. using your lies, to counter the lies of others. will not discover, the real truth of G-D.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#200030 Jan 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbee,
rabbee: what is the mental matter, with all of you? Noach is about the first day, so the alleged as jesus, does not even always arrive until the end of the fourth day. so even if you accepted the second coming of mr and mrs jesus christ, you would be correct than anyone else on earth today. this is the end of the sixth day again, what do all you nobodies here in TheTorah expect to see?

why do you all continually call G-D a liar, with your lies here in The Same Story again from G-D? and what is there about, This Same History from G-D repeating - that you all do not want to understand? you all are not going to get any different story from G-D, as long as you all keep making the same not here in The-Story mistakes.

if you all think G-D, is ever going to change this story to suit your lies. then you need more than, the psychiatrist making the same mistakes too.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#200031 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Stefano,
First of all I want to thank you for asking these questions. A two way interaction is always a treat for the mind and soul.
Now coming back to your first question about the ordinary human actions like Scratching, Pissing & Typing.
When an otherwise spiritual "Soul" assumes a material body, it needs to perform many acts, many of these acts are due to the first material element that it is attached with, i.e. the material body. Now if, you have a body, that body will automatically perform many actions like eating, chewing, digesting, excreting, pissing etc. These are actions that are independent of your Mind and thinking and are mostly automatically executed by the material body. Any such actions, which is performed by the body only to fulfill the basic bodily needs without any discomfort to self as well as to any other living being is in the Mode of “Goodness”.
All actions, where choice (Decision) and Mind is involved, they are governed by the three modes of material nature (Goodness, Passion & Ignorance).
Now let's take each example -
SCRATCHING - When do we scratch? When there is some itching or, irritation in the skin. Now if we scratch to relieve us of the irritation as normal bodily reaction, it is in the mode of "Goodness" because we are doing exactly what needs to be done.
But suppose, after light scratching, our discomfort still persists and if then we become impatient and keep scratching with more force and turn the area into a Red Sore, the same action "Scratching" will be in the Mode of "passion" or, "Ignorance" because we are governed by stubbornness. Under this situation, the action in Goodness should be to stop scratching and visit a doctor or, take some medicine etc.
PISSING – Now, if you simply piss in the Toilet only because you need to piss, it is in the Mode of “Goodness”. But suppose, in order to irritate some one, you deliberately piss in front of his house just for your personal false satisfaction; it will be in the mode of “Ignorance”.
TYPING A KEY BOARD – If you are typing some thing because it is your duty (e.g. Exam Paper, Official Report etc.), then that action will be in the Mode of Goodness.
But if you are typing some thing about some body or, some event which are not true and you are doing it just for your own advantage, it will be in the mode of “Passion”
And if you are typing something wrong about some body just to defame or, vilify that innocent person, it will be in the mode of “Ignorance”.
(Your 2nd Question will be addressed in Next Post)
Thank you for your response.

That's an interesting viewpoint you brought up here, but as a western I find difficult to see how pissing, straching and typing on a key board can ALSO be called goodness under the circumstances you described.

Generally speaking goodness can be defined as the personal quality of being morally good. I agree with the explication of goodness you gave about Gita 18:30, though.

By ignorance is meant the lack of knowledge, understanding, or information about something. Above, you said that if a person piss out the toilet for personal satisfaction is in the mode of ignorance. Given the definition I gave I don't see how that person can be in the mode of ignorance, he knows very well what he's doing.

In substance, I disagree with all the examples you gave about pissing, scratching and typing on keyboard. The main reason is that probably we have different definitions of the things. Can you set the definitions straight to understand better your points?

Location hidden

#200032 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
(Contd.. from Post #200019)
Now to address your 2nd question, for those who believe in God, their belief can be in all the three modes i.e. Goodness or, Passion or, Ignorance.
Someone who believes God in the mode of Goodness, is not concerned about what God can do for him. He is rather always thinking what he can do to please God. He has no desire of anything in return from God for his faith in him. He just wants to be associated with the God, he wants liberation or, salvation from this material bondage to be with God in the Spiritual world. He has immense love for God in his mind, Body & soul. Being governed by the teachings of Krishna or, Jesus, his each and every action will be only for Good of Humanity and all other living beings. He won’t let any other human element in between him and God to influence any of his actions. Since they do not expect anything from God, they do not depend on God for any of their material success or, failure. They just concentrate on their work with full dedication and effort without unnecessarily thinking about the result. Now there is an excellent Verse in Gita to support the above –
pravrttim ca nivrttim ca
karyakarye bhayabhaye
bandham moksam ca ya vetti
buddhih sa partha sattviki (Gita 18:30)
Meaning: That understanding by which one knows what ought to be done and what ought not to be done, what is to be feared and what is not to be feared, what is binding and what is liberating, that understanding is established in the mode of goodness.
Where as those who believe in God in the mode of “Passion”, they are always thinking what gain they will have by worshiping God. They always want something in return for their act of worship. They ask for success in business, success in family life etc.. But their faith and belief gets shattered when they do not get the desired result. These classes of believers tend to fall under the influence of false preachers and masters. These false masters always tell them sweet things and ways to bribe God by some meaning less sacrifices and some time they do not hesitate to perform some cruel act in the name of faith or, belief. The believers in Mode of “Passion” are mostly God fearing rather than God loving. There is no hope for liberation or, salvation for them due to their attachment to material gains / losses and feeling of insecurity. In today’s world, majority of human are in this category of spirituality, be it Hindus, Muslims or, Christians. It is the job of every “Truth Seeker” to try and elevate people’s belief in God to the Mode of “Goodness” from the mode of “Passion”. Let us see how God explains the same in Gita –
yaya dharmam adharmam ca
karyam cakaryam eva ca
ayathavat prajanati
buddhih sa partha rajasi (Gita 18:31)
Meaning: And that understanding which cannot distinguish between the religious way of life and the irreligious, between action that should be done and action that should not be done, that imperfect understanding, O son of Prtha, is in the mode of passion.
(To be Contd..)
Well, my question was another. I meant if the act of believing in god is of what modes, rather than how the ways of believing in god can be circumscribed to those 3 modes. However I got your points here but still disagree with you. For example you say:

"Where as those who believe in God in the mode of “Passion”, they are always thinking what gain they will have by worshiping God. They always want something in return for their act of worship. They ask for success in business, success in family life etc.."

Passion: a very strong feeling like sexual attraction, hate, love etc. So I don't see how what you just said can be called mode of passion. What you described is the opportunistic relation that some believers have with their god(s). Opportunism is not a passion.

Location hidden

#200033 Jan 29, 2014
Truth Seeker wrote:
(Contd. from Post #200020)
Where as those who are in the mode of “Ignorance” simply can not differentiate between belief and un-belief. They are always under the spell of illusion. They simply think that their path of belief is the only right path and they can not tolerate any other alternative way of existence. Zero tolerance is the norm for them. They do not even hesitate to curse the men of other faith and even pray to God for extermination of people of other faith. Usually all type of extremists and fanatics of every religion fall under this category. Their confirmed destination is the darkest region of abominable existence. One may call it “Hell” or, one may call it rebirth in lowest from of life etc. The supporting verse in Gita is as under –
adharmam dharmam iti ya
manyate tamasavrta
sarvarthan viparitams ca
buddhih sa partha tamasi (Gita 18:32)
Meaning: That understanding which considers irreligion to be religion and religion to be irreligion, under the spell of illusion and darkness, and strives always in the wrong direction, O Partha, is in the mode of ignorance.
Now to answer to you about those who do not believe in existence of God or, those who are Atheists, I called them that they are in the mode of “Ignorance”. I will explain in my next post.
Good Night ..
(To Be Contd..)
I agree with this post.

I will wait for the last part.

Location hidden

#200034 Jan 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Islam does not have. Christianity and the Church have the filthiest and the dirtiest history in the world.
If you can't read the darkest history of Christianity, I would strongly recommend that you watch History Channel.
The Popes and the Church broke the Commandment "Thou shall not murder!" and millions of Jews and Muslims also were murdered by the first Crusaders in the name of their God.
That massive killing was stopped by Salahuddin, when he fixed up the Crusaders for good.
One of your biggest limits is your narrow and superficial mind. You have still to learn to differentiate between a war done by people who believe in a god for religious purpose and a war done by people, who believe in a god, for personal purpose. If we take the two religions, Christianity and Islam with their 2000 and 700 years, and we look at when the people of both religions have used that to back up their wars. What we have is that Islam is the filthiest religion ever, so far.

Good you brought up the Crusade. Let's not forget that Europeans started it AFTER that Muslims have invaded the so called Holy Land. One of the reasons why Muslims invaded it, has to do with widespread Islam by force, following the example of the pedophile. While Europeans who were Christians, but to call them like that would be misleading, since they didn't for religious reason, with the excuse to kick out the muslim invaders, they wanted to gain economic powers and build sovereign states over those lands, who was their real purpose.
Alex WM

London, UK

#200035 Jan 29, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Master Baiter and Switcher,
You lose.
It takes one to recognise one self...by looking in the mirror...!
Alex WM

London, UK

#200036 Jan 29, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In Rabbee's theHaTorah it goes like this"
G-d said to the crowd of G-ds, "Let us make man".
Salaams
BMZ
Good observation, bro...
The poor chap has been watching too many films...and now he has got himself a beard to look like his "gods"!!! The nearest he got to gods is when he bumped his head into a brick wall thinking it was a time portal...
Salaams
Alex WM
Alex WM

London, UK

#200037 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: just how stupid are you going to look, if or when G-D proves everything i have said is true to G-D. according to scripture, i do not have to be true to any of you. this world is insane, and you are part of the insanity.
Allow me to reassure you Jimmie.......
GOD/s will NEVER EVER come to you to pass the message on to rest of humanity.
Please stop lying...You know what Christmas was/is..you knew about NT and "bible"....you live in America for "gods" sake...
Your gods" live in your head...
You are clearly insane and you happen to be part of this "world"...
It will help immensely if you stop being a doomsday merchant..
Alex WM

London, UK

#200038 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: the only think you have ever learned, is your taught lies. all you did is change one evil religion, for a more evil one. all organized religions today, are all corrupt.
By insulting others you clearly prove to us here that you are evil..
Alex WM

London, UK

#200039 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah sure are you now claiming, this is what the church taught priests? when all you have revealed, is what kind of a sicko priest you were. now way you ever truly represented the church, or any aspect of it truly. you show no respect for G-D, or the claimed to be jesus. if you believe any of these lies you have just told, your not! sane.
How dumb can you get...
Either the Church is right or it is wrong..
What is your definitive answer...?
Stop talking rubbish and tell us if Churches are places that truly worship God...
Come on Jimmie...stop wriggling..
Alex WM

London, UK

#200040 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what do you mean, we muslim? i really do not consider muhammed, even greater than ted bundy.
and you are lying again, there the ex-non-priest of all lies. you might want to check scripture, how long i am going to live. and i do not care how many people lust after muhammed. that is not! a measure of being true to G-D. being true to muhammed, does not automatically make any one true to G-D. for there is no command from G-D, to be true to muhammed, the quran, or islam.
there is nothing to be jealous about, of just another sicko in this evil and wicked world. having lots of evil and wicked sicko followers. i would prefer to see one true follower of G-D, than billions of sickos following another just another sicko.
You being a deranged social outcast can say what you like about the Holy Prophet.
Who cares?
Your opinions don't matter even to your own family..
Alex WM

London, UK

#200041 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes G-D might only have one or two followers today - but i am still looking. and only G-D, can save anyone. and your an ex-priest, who never knew this? neither the pope, obama, nor muhammed can save anyone. they can't even, save themselves.
You haven't a clue old Jimmie.
You have already committed GRAVE sin against God by claiming that your "gods" looks like a man!!!
You are destined for a good roasting...... dressed in BBQ sauce!
Your "gods" are demons who have confused you.
Alex WM

London, UK

#200042 Jan 29, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no! only TheTorah is from G-D. all other writings, are from men. and i do have, a Torah Scroll. maybe you unlearned, pretend ex-priests only reveal you knew nothing.
all you have revealed so far, is why you should of never even been a priest. so far all you have proved, is your total ignorance of all scriptures of what is from men, and what is actually from G-D.
you must of been, one of the poorest examples of a priest there ever was. you and muhammed, deserve each other.
Come on fake rabbee...
Show us this "scroll" that you received DIRECT from your "gods"....
God did NOT come to you....you are having hallucinations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 4 hr Patrick 4,485
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Tue Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun 20 The Prophet MO LIES 9
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 15 Jakes mom 112
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... May '16 Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web