Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199638 Jan 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well you can't even prove, Abraham Lincoln existed. cause you can't, bring him to me either. and the chance are, that if he really was, reincarnate here. he would be in a mental institution, with all the other abraham lincolns.
and so far all your un-empirical facts, are not doing any better than theirs.
as i do not see any difference, in your fictional scriptural sophistry and theirs.
so what makes your delusions, better than anyone else's?
So what?

No one can prove anything intangible, not even you, and considering that Abraham Lincoln died long before anyone here was born, he can even be viewed as mythological too, considering that all we have are other people's words written about him - the real Lincoln, who did in fact live, is lost to history, forever.

Muhammad and Jesus are yet another story, there is no historical proof at all that they ever lived, other than what is written in highly questionable "scriptures", i.e., the Koran and the Bible.

I do a lot better than superstitious fools, admitting that I do not know the true answer, but I am perceptive enough to know that man's silly fables do not even begin to explain our reality.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199639 Jan 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well you can't even prove, Abraham Lincoln existed. cause you can't, bring him to me either. and the chance are, that if he really was, reincarnate here. he would be in a mental institution, with all the other abraham lincolns.
and so far all your un-empirical facts, are not doing any better than theirs.
as i do not see any difference, in your fictional scriptural sophistry and theirs.
so what makes your delusions, better than anyone else's?
Incidentally, your rhetorical sophistry betrays your inability to disprove anything I have written.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#199640 Jan 17, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
ABSURD ABSURD ABSURD.. to you .
here I want to give you my favourite motto:
"and those who were seen dancing were thought to be INSANE by those who could not hear the music"
F Nietzsche
indeed totally insane! absurd!
F Nietzsche!

Nietzsche was insane.

The problem with Christians is that they think the truth is absurd and accept absurdities and balderdash as truth.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199641 Jan 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
F Nietzsche!
Nietzsche was insane.
The problem with Christians is that they think the truth is absurd and accept absurdities and balderdash as truth.
Have you ever READ anything that Friedrich Nietzsche authored?

I didn't think so.

Thus Spake Zarathustra and Ecce Homo make a lot more sense than anything in Muhammad's silly Koran ever did, or ever will.

Suck on that.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199642 Jan 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
F Nietzsche!
Nietzsche was insane.
The problem with Muslims is that they think only their worldview is the correct one, and they despise anyone who disagrees with them.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#199643 Jan 17, 2014
Scholar_of_PISSLAM wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
No one can prove anything intangible, not even you, and considering that Abraham Lincoln died long before anyone here was born, he can even be viewed as mythological too, considering that all we have are other people's words written about him - the real Lincoln, who did in fact live, is lost to history, forever.
Muhammad and Jesus are yet another story, there is no historical proof at all that they ever lived, other than what is written in highly questionable "scriptures", i.e., the Koran and the Bible.
I do a lot better than superstitious fools, admitting that I do not know the true answer, but I am perceptive enough to know that man's silly fables do not even begin to explain our reality.
rabbee: well you know you could just be writing one of those living fables now. which could indicate you living in your own deluded little world.

yehoshooah adam

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#199644 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Incidentally, your rhetorical sophistry betrays your inability to disprove anything I have written.
rabbee: and coincidently your rhetorical sophistry, betrays your inability to disprove anything I have written, said, or experienced.

JOEL COOL DUDE

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#199645 Jan 17, 2014
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>

If God does not exist, then the universe created itself out of nothing, or something. Can you prove either?
Since energy in an isolated system like our universe(s) can neither be created nor destroyed (in keeping with the principle of conservation) but simply oscillates between subtle (QM vacuum) state and manifest state (multidimensional universe) with each phase lasting billions of years for all eternity then where is the question of an extra-cosmic creator, having no causal link with anything, creating the universe from nothing?

If we assume the existence of an extra-cosmic creator God then we move into an infinite regress which is illogical and besides how do we logically explain the existence of energy/matter/consciousness having sprung into existence from "nothing"?

Nothing cannot be defined, cannot be imagined, cannot be tested and cannot be experienced and so does not exist.

Evidently, energy, matter and consciousness are the only entities that can be accounted for in the whole of existence when viewed, cogitated upon, experimented and experienced.

So, everything in existence, from the noumenon to the phenomena, should be expressed, quantized and experienced exclusively in terms of the triune of energy, matter and consciousness that form an integrated whole.

This is the reality.

Words like extra-cosmic God, spirit, nothing, creation from nothing etc are misnomers.
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199646 Jan 17, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Since energy in an isolated system like our universe(s) can neither be created nor destroyed (in keeping with the principle of conservation) but simply oscillates between subtle (QM vacuum) state and manifest state (multidimensional universe) with each phase lasting billions of years for all eternity then where is the question of an extra-cosmic creator, having no causal link with anything, creating the universe from nothing?
If we assume the existence of an extra-cosmic creator God then we move into an infinite regress which is illogical and besides how do we logically explain the existence of energy/matter/consciousness having sprung into existence from "nothing"?
Nothing cannot be defined, cannot be imagined, cannot be tested and cannot be experienced and so does not exist.
Evidently, energy, matter and consciousness are the only entities that can be accounted for in the whole of existence when viewed, cogitated upon, experimented and experienced.
So, everything in existence, from the noumenon to the phenomena, should be expressed, quantized and experienced exclusively in terms of the triune of energy, matter and consciousness that form an integrated whole.
This is the reality.
Words like extra-cosmic God, spirit, nothing, creation from nothing etc are misnomers.
Very, very good.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199647 Jan 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: even if you are not considered, as special to anyone else here. it only truly matters, if you are considered as special to G-D and i. like a special treasure a precious diamond, waiting to be discovered in this field of trash all around. i am sure they cannot see, their being trash. just like manure, does not think it stinks in itself. people who work in manure, after a while don't notice the smell. this is what, they are doing. for if we cannot be honest with G-D in ourselves, then we can not be honest with anyone. everything will be a lie, no matter how true it looks to ourselves and others not true to G-D.
and Nina, even if it think the name jesus being used, is the wrong name for the person. there is no way i can defame the name jesus, without defaming The Actual Son of G-D i know THEY really are. and i really despise it, when many muslems and other atheists here slander the name. without realizing they are, slandering and blaspheming the person too. so there is no way, i am going to disrespect the name jesus christ. even if i know, it is the wrong name. since i cannot condemn one, without condemning the other. and in TheName of G-D, i just can't do that.
i know the story, you are talking about. but i only know it, from in TheTorah - it's the same story. took me a long time, to put the pieces together from what christians said. before i realized the story they are talking about, is the same story i know actually in TheTorah. so in fact TheTorah, actually confirms the story of the twice coming of Benee Adam. people just, miss it being in There.
benee Adam .. I take it benee is ben as in son ? son of Adam? who's the son of Adam and who's adam,rabee, and the second coming of benee of Adam.. do you mean..who? whose second coming? Who is that "alleged Jesus" in your understanding and why was he called jesus?

and how does the Torah confirm two comings can you show me where the Torah says so ?

and shalomech and good morning and kalimera andhave a good day you rabbe and all good people here.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199648 Jan 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: Nina read this first hand translation from TheTorah to explain this.
"(and G-D said, "Let US make Adam in OUR IMAGE, after OUR LIKENESS.)"
now is this telling us that Adam is exactly like G-D, who is both HE And She? and that - Yeshooah Hoo VHee (Redemption is He And She) YHVH?
i know you have never seen G-D, but you have seen The Likeness of G-D in the one you call jesus. and even if you did see G-D, it would be difficult to explain to others. that there are, Two Images, in The One HE SHE Glowing Spirit. there is no way to explain this, except with the one sentence, and the person called jesus. which confirms that, the one called by the world as jesus is G-D'S Baby. i have no doubt, about this.
and that it is hard to accept that the one called jesus, is both He And She in The Our Image and Likeness of G-D.
how can you contain Yeshooa ( Jesus) in YHVH? I thought the latter is God while Yeshooa would at best be a messiah which he even failed to be according to the jewish faith always no?
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199649 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
God does not exist, you superstitious fool.
Prove that such an entity exists, by using empirical facts.
it would be quite an exploit if you could ever prove that god does not exist --with empirical facts always

it would also be the right approach to your nonbelief.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199650 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
So what?
following your reasoning Scholar in a few decades and a century your great grandparents will be an "intangible entity" and one would be legitimized to say they didnt exist no historical proof of them whatever proof you may provide might as well be disregarded as "scriptural sophistry" .
Likewise if your great grandparents didnt exist then logically neither your grandparents could have ever existed and following neither your parents not even you !

can you provide empirical facts about your great grandparents' existence?
scriptural sophistry doesnt count.

funny how all believers in nongod ask for facts and proofs of an existence they dont believe in or accept or make allowances for but will never bother to prove that nonexistence --with empirical facts.

their devotion to an nonexistence though is awsomely religious!
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199651 Jan 17, 2014
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and coincidently your rhetorical sophistry, betrays your inability to disprove anything I have written, said, or experienced.
More rhetoric - try debating.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199652 Jan 17, 2014
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
F Nietzsche!
Nietzsche was insane.
he was bothered and tortured too -like most atheists- with the non existence of God. However he was honest in his doubts. And like all true honest "atheists" he too couldnt help writing about God.. eternal torture that is to bother and write literature about a nongod.

Nonetheless he was insightful and inspired. He was (unwittingly?) aware that

those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

well he too at some point was one of those to thought the others insane because he himself could not hear the music but at least --we got to give him this - he tried to hear it dedicated time and intellect in trying to hear it or describe his understanding of a music he couldnt hear.
:)
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199653 Jan 17, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
it would be quite an exploit if you could ever prove that god does not exist --with empirical facts always
it would also be the right approach to your nonbelief.
I never even implied that I could, but from the available empirical evidence, god does not exist.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199654 Jan 17, 2014
see you later be happy !
http://youtu.be/nJ4j0Xc4e1Q
Scholar_of_PISSL AM

Grasonville, MD

#199655 Jan 17, 2014
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
following your reasoning Scholar in a few decades and a century your great grandparents will be an "intangible entity" and one would be legitimized to say they didnt exist no historical proof of them whatever proof you may provide might as well be disregarded as "scriptural sophistry" .
Likewise if your great grandparents didnt exist then logically neither your grandparents could have ever existed and following neither your parents not even you !
can you provide empirical facts about your great grandparents' existence?
scriptural sophistry doesnt count.
funny how all believers in nongod ask for facts and proofs of an existence they dont believe in or accept or make allowances for but will never bother to prove that nonexistence --with empirical facts.
their devotion to an nonexistence though is awsomely religious!
Ignoring your sophistry, it is incumbent upon you to prove your deity exists, otherwise others will dismiss it as conjecture, which it in fact is. All of man''s deities are conjectures, as their is no empirical proof available.

That said, you are free to believe in whatever you want to believe in, my main beef is with Muslims.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199656 Jan 17, 2014
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing to do with REAL Jesus who submitted to the Will of his G-d.
You million "creator gods" have lost control already...that's why you have monkey, rat, snake, elephant, penis, vagina, naked kali worshippers!
Jesus certainly was NOT mad or ignorant like YOU!
That is why he NEVER claimed divinity or NEVER promoted the abomination known as the Trinity!!
Now peace-off, you two face pagan.
I have a suggestion for you muslim fighters

you take your real Jesus and launch a campaign of enlightengin people about the real Jesus in islam. start teaching the true message of islam which as it seems is nothing less and nothing more than who the real Jesus is

that would be the right thing to do. oh I d love to see devoted good muslim go out in public places holding banners and placards writing
we own the REAL jesus!

that would be better than see placards oozing bloody threats of slaughtering who ever .."Insults" islam !!

GOO !!

and leave the ones with their fake Jesus live in peace.

dont waste your life trying to IMPOSE on others that theirs is a fake Jesus

EMBRACE YOUR REAL ONE AND GET OUT IN THE WORLD TO GLORIFY HIM =--IN PEACE NOT PIECES
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#199657 Jan 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Ignoring your sophistry, it is incumbent upon you to prove your deity exists, otherwise others will dismiss it as conjecture, which it in fact is. All of man''s deities are conjectures, as their is no empirical proof available.
That said, you are free to believe in whatever you want to believe in, my main beef is with Muslims.
no actually it is incumbernt on you to prove he doesnt exist.
if that is not possible try disproving any existence.

try whichever is easier for you .

it's funny that you waste your devotion in demanding that others do what you canNOT do.
Dont demand.Do the right thing.Prove that you are better and can do what others... cant--or wont -because they just dont bother to do so ..

ps.. calling people names ( fool,idiot etc) is no different that the muslim weaponry and ..sophistry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web