Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255927 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex WM

London, UK

#198036 Dec 30, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
you cannot know what is true, by concentrating on that which is not true.
Good advice.
Please follow it.
G-d NEVER came to see you.
Take care.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#198037 Dec 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Jesus was savior!!
What did Paul tell you? Did he tell you to receive God or Jesus as your savior?
Jesus told you to receive God as your savior and NOT him (Jesus).....well...if a man gives a good message about god and if people turn to god, that man is a "kind" of "save-your" ass
Shamma Paul's message is not the same as that of Jesus' message.
Jesus clearly tells his boys that he came only for the Jews while Paul was a greater visionary looking out for Gentiles!
Take Paul out and Gentile Christianity is dead.
Take Jesus the man out....and still there will be Christianity as created by the Church with "son god" and ghost god"!
John 10:27
The Unbelief of the Jews
…26 "But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.…

Christians hear the voice of Jesus and the Jews did not.
And Christians follow Jesus.

The Jews did not repent from their idol worship.
They turned God into a money making business in their synagogues.

You are just a dumb Muslim Alex that kisses the ass of your demonized prophet Muhammad.
Muslims are like the Jews they fail to hear the voice of Jesus calling to them.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198038 Dec 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You speak stupidly and in ignorance of what God accomplished through Jesus here on earth.
What is the message of the prophets MUQ?
Is it not to repent and accept God as your savior?
God made a covenant with Abraham based on Abraham's faith in God.
God sent Jesus to save those that believed in the message Jesus came to earth with from God.
Jesus message was repent and follow me for I have the power given to me by my Father to give eternal life to those who believe in me and the works I do in the name of my Father.
Jesus promised those who believe by faith in Him and the works that I do my Father and I will come and dwell in the heart and mind of those who believe by faith.
And it is the Holy Spirit sent by God through baptism of being reborn again in the spirit of God that comes and dwells in the heart and mind of those that accept Jesus Christ as their Savior.
And Paul teaches that message given by God for all to follow.
God send EVERY prophet for people to repent and rectify their ways.

Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses......all part of the same chain.

And Jesus also belonged to the same chain of prophets and our prophet was the last in that blessed chain.

All these theories about Jesus being God in flesh and his taking away sin and abolition of law, all these are handiworks of Paul and his followers.

Our prophet continued the same message as was done by other prophets before him.....

This is clear to any one who has studied the works of other prophets.....not those who coin their own philosophy and pass it on as Jesus'
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198039 Dec 30, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, brother.
Good points.
I believe that Paul was the one with a revolutionary and universal plan compared even with Jesus!
He bravely ventured out to the Non Jews/ Gentiles against all odds and got killed.
The mistake he made was simple:
He used the wrong vehicle.....ie: Jesus the Jewish messenger!
Jesus did not come for the Gentiles and his mission was limited in nature.
By clinging t Jesus and the disciples, Paul came across as a complete fake who was trying to change their words and perception.
The acid test was when he went looking for the few original disciples who were petrified to hear that PAul was on his way to see them and they were hiding in fear!!!
This makes no sense.
Assuming both Paul and the original disciples (with the recently awarded great commission) were totally filled with the holy spirit/ghost who would have clearlytold the original disciples in advance about Paul's "conversion"!
Obviously the holy spirit/ghost failed miserably or Paul was lying!
Folks can decide for themselves.
Take Paul away and Christianity falls!
Salaams.
Thank you brother for your explanation.

Yes, if you take away Paul, the Pauline Christianity falls to ground.

And Paul' preaching is based on one thing "Risen Christ" as he himslef said "If Christ is not risen from dead then our preaching is in vain".

And that is why Quran struck at the very base of Pauline Christianity when it said "They Killed him (i.e.Jesus) nor they crucified him..".

When Jesus was not killed on cross there was no point of a Risen Christ!!

Thank you brother, once again.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198040 Dec 30, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
what s strange about it? how would you not find it strange ?
if he said:
to the pure everything is impure , to the corrupt and unbelieving everything is pure?
or what other combination but this one would not sound strange logic?
<quoted text>
we should tell it to the Church of today and every church of every time. just dont say that the priests of Paul's time were angels that wanted nothing to do with money or that we shouldnt tell it to Islam of today and of the early days. For all we all know Mohamed waged religious wars of pillage and looting and whatever nature spoils of war he and his holy army of saints could get their pure believing hands on .
so??
<quoted text>
why no comment?
the first part no matter who says it in what context or with whatever intent is an all time truth. Common place.at best is carries no deep meaning at worst it has no significance or effect on one's world view.
the second part.. what is your objection? that love of money is not the root of all evil? is it only of some evil? or is it not at all root of evil?
what's your point if your purpose was to make no comment?
I think it is better for you, if you engage in direct dialog. Every post is not for every one on this thread.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#198042 Dec 30, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
God send EVERY prophet for people to repent and rectify their ways.
Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses......all part of the same chain.
And Jesus also belonged to the same chain of prophets and our prophet was the last in that blessed chain.
All these theories about Jesus being God in flesh and his taking away sin and abolition of law, all these are handiworks of Paul and his followers.
Our prophet continued the same message as was done by other prophets before him.....
This is clear to any one who has studied the works of other prophets.....not those who coin their own philosophy and pass it on as Jesus'
You bull-shit Muslim!
Muhammad did not preach the same message of the prophets.
Muhammad preached to kill those that rejected Muhammad as prophet.
That is the message of the whole Quran.

The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

The Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.
You bull-shit Muslim.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198043 Dec 30, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You bull-shit Muslim!
Muhammad did not preach the same message of the prophets.
Muhammad preached to kill those that rejected Muhammad as prophet.
That is the message of the whole Quran.
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.
Unlike nearly all of the Old Testament verses of violence, the verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.
The Quran promotes insanity in the mind of Muslims.
You bull-shit Muslim.
Total number of casualties in ten years of "continuous killing of each and every one who did not believe in our prophet" did not reach even 1000!!

Is that what is your PROOF that our prophet did what you want us to believe in?

Or you think Arabs of that time, were so coward to "bow down" with such a small blood shed?

It is your rabid hatred of Islam and our prophet, which forces you to bring false and unreasonable charges against our prophet.

And for your info, human casualties is a "Single battle of Moses against Midianites is more than 200,000"!!

Who is them "More peaceful" of the two prophets? Moses or Mohammad?(May peace and mercy of God be on both of them".

It would do you a lot of good to read your own book first before commenting on our prophet.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#198045 Dec 31, 2013
people struggling people , beautiful people I want to share a song wth you
http://youtu.be/xwtdhWltSIg

Shalom ech toda !!! do you hear me?? Eirini hmin !
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#198046 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is better for you, if you engage in direct dialog. Every post is not for every one on this thread.
but it was exactly addressed to you . a question that has to do wth religion that is no one's property is a question in direct dialogue with everyone who can answer , MUQ

but ..you didnt answer why?I can only understand that you cannot prove the veracity of islam's claims.

please note that I m using muslim's reasoning. projections have never helped anyone. It's a boomerang.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#198047 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And Paul' preaching is based on one thing "Risen Christ" as he himslef said "If Christ is not risen from dead then our preaching is in vain".
And that is why Quran struck at the very base of Pauline Christianity when it said "They Killed him (i.e.Jesus) nor they crucified him..".
Salaam
MUQ
<<"If Christ is not risen from dead then our preaching is in vain".>>

you might say that when Paul said that he was kind of forshadowing islam to come. What does islam really have to do with a jesus that was not crucified , was not killed did not die but evaporated into thin air while on the cross?
was not even first or the last one!

nothing really but as I see in amazement that muslim just "cant help talking about Jesus"

well that s shooting in islam's foot big time

why doesnt the quran give the same concern about Abraham or Moses? at least those were kind of FIRST that would make some sense now that islam can claim the last prophet. but no..no... Islam cant help talking about Jesus because that's exactly what islam is : what Jesus is not. but keep a dash of him please because if you totally remove Jesus from islam what are we left with ? other than the old recipe of judaism ? I m talking about the basics the spine of religions' dogma. not the details.

but islam is supposed to bring something new. so islam needs Jesus , islam is not islam if it abolishes and ostracises Jesus totally..

back to Paul.. jesus with no resurrection is IN VAIN..

what a struggle really.

I m starting to figure out why islam doesnt like Paul ..now I get it. he spoils islamic recipe. Exposes the naked truth in just a simple rhetoric question.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#198048 Dec 31, 2013
**oops sorry it was not a rhetoric question just a conditional affirmation.

sorry I forgot Paul was jewish not a greek.

which suddenly brings to mind the question the priests accused Jesu of :

are you the son of God are you the Messiah ?

now that's a question really

and what did jesus answer ?

YOU SAID IT.

He only confirmed the priests rhetorical question ---if you really know what a rhetorical question really is .

gee.. that Jesus is such a player so clever really

I bow to his genius! AWSOME!
truth

Joondanna, Australia

#198049 Dec 31, 2013
only monky birds and osimilar animals are not necked

when they born

so so so

sow sow sow

who cry
tears

never forget tears
not at all

serve your evil
not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#198050 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And for your info, human casualties is a "Single battle of Moses against Midianites is more than 200,000"!!
Who is them "More peaceful" of the two prophets? Moses or Mohammad?(May peace and mercy of God be on both of them".
It would do you a lot of good to read your own book first before commenting on our prophet.
So MUQ,

From God, you have now come down upon comparing the cruelty of the Prophets. So, you have yourself proved that you pay more attention and importance to the Human Agent than the almighty God. So, indirectly you have just now proved that you worship Mohammad, the point Shamma was trying to prove.

If that is not the case, why you will react so fiercely if some one says something bad about the Human Agent!!!
You have also proved that your false prophet did not actually mean, when he included the OT prophets as previous prophets of God. His only intention to include Moses, Jesus etc.. in his own fold of Prophets, so that he can conveniently Encroach upon these two Religions of Judaism & Christianity and declare those sects as superseded.

If that was not the case, you would not have so easily described about the killings of Moses in retaliation to Shamma's comment about your Prophet.This conclusively proves that you only say that you believe Moses was a prophet of God, but in reality you do not believe the same.

By the way, let me remind you, almost all the OT killings at the time of Moses were the direct work of God and not by any of Moses's human followers. But, all the killings and murders carried out by Mohammad are by the human followers of Mohammad and they have only used God as an excuse for the brutal killings. That is the difference, and that is why people know that God has nothing to do with all these Killings.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198051 Dec 31, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
<<"If Christ is not risen from dead then our preaching is in vain".>>
you might say that when Paul said that he was kind of forshadowing islam to come. What does islam really have to do with a jesus that was not crucified , was not killed did not die but evaporated into thin air while on the cross?
was not even first or the last one!
nothing really but as I see in amazement that muslim just "cant help talking about Jesus"
well that s shooting in islam's foot big time
why doesnt the quran give the same concern about Abraham or Moses? at least those were kind of FIRST that would make some sense now that islam can claim the last prophet. but no..no... Islam cant help talking about Jesus because that's exactly what islam is : what Jesus is not. but keep a dash of him please because if you totally remove Jesus from islam what are we left with ? other than the old recipe of judaism ? I m talking about the basics the spine of religions' dogma. not the details.
but islam is supposed to bring something new. so islam needs Jesus , islam is not islam if it abolishes and ostracises Jesus totally..
back to Paul.. jesus with no resurrection is IN VAIN..
what a struggle really.
I m starting to figure out why islam doesnt like Paul ..now I get it. he spoils islamic recipe. Exposes the naked truth in just a simple rhetoric question.
Yes if Christians are obsessed with Islam and Muslims and trying to prove it is false....then what should Muslims do?

I do not know, why you people are so much incensed that Jesus' mission was "limited by time"? i.e. "Till the time Sheloh comes"!!

This is no disrespect to Jesus, to say that his mission was only for Jews and that it was limited by time.

When jesus himself prohesized about the Comforter that will come after him and guide people to "All truth".

Are you under the impression that Jesus, Moses and all earlier prophets will have grudge against the Last and Final Prophet? No they are friends of each other and enjoy in each other' company.

Your complaint should in fact be to God, who sends the prophets and messengers.!!

PS:

Quran has many solutions to your problem!!

1. It says "That we should come to a Common terms between us and you....".

2. Then it says "We should strive each others in doing good deeds..."

3. Then it says "To you, your way and to us, our ways..."

In fact Quran is much more accomadative to Jews and Christians than what views they hold towards Islam and Muslims.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#198052 Dec 31, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>

why doesnt the quran give the same concern about Abraham or Moses? at least those were kind of FIRST that would make some sense now that islam can claim the last prophet. but no..no... I ..
Again you are out of Luck!!

Quran mentions Abraham and Moses more than it mentions Jesus!!

Moses is the prophet whose name is mentioned more number of times than any other prophet.

What Quran said about him and his people and his mission is approx 10 % of Entire Quranic content.

And after Moses, the next prophet mentioned many times is prophet Abraham...

And jesus comes after these two prophets.

And that shows you have never gone thru Quran!!

Strange but true!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#198053 Dec 31, 2013
Basic reading and comprehension skills are enough for you to understand points 1, 2 & 3 below along with the bracketed comments.

1.Post 197640 page 9317

ericfromchi---Now, tell us whether Hugh's WATER ANALOGY of G-d, Jesus and the Holy Spirit is in conformity with Islamic teachings concerning Allah.

BMZ-----HughBe's post is self-explanatory.

2.Post 197643 ( a DIRECT response to point #1.)

Eric----You are not following Hugh's EXAMPLE. Hugh is saying that Jesus is part of G-d as is the Holy Spirit. To use his previous words, it is a UNIFIED G-d; ie, that G-d split and was RECONSTITUTED later. Is the idea of a unified G-d from which Jesus is a part in accord with Islamic ideas of Allah.

(HughBe---- What example is this fellow accusing BMZ of not following? Go to point 1 and you will see the WATER example mentioned.
Also read the "WATER analogy" below and ask yourself, do I see any mention of a UNIFIED G-d? There is no such mention, the boy/Eric has taken words out of context and have misapplied them and LIED. I have NEVER spoken of God being RECONSTITUTED as that LIAR claims above.)

3. Post 197647 a direct response to the point #2 above.

BMZ----No. You misunderstood HughBe.

There is only one God in Islam. HughBe believes only in one God. To me that is enough.

----------
WATER example

HughBe---Take a cup of water and divide it into 3 equal parts.
Then freeze a third and then boil another third and leave the last third in its original liquid state.
What do we have in the end? We have ice, vapour and water as a liquid. All are from the SAME source but are different manifestations.

The problem with the trinity doctrine is that it is falsehood.

It is not inconceivable that an ALMIGHTY God could have 3 manifestations but such is not the case.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#198054 Dec 31, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
Quran makes Jesus a liar, but why should anyone believe Mohammad's hearsay testimony over anyone else's hearsay testimony? Is it because he said he wasn't a deceiver?

Matthew 20:17-19:

17 Now as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside and said to them,

18 "We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death

19 and will turn him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!"
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#198055 Dec 31, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>HughBe wrote:
Joel-- Are they many typal beings on the various cosmic planes with each being calling itself God/G-d who warns its human followers of dire consequences if they happen to worship other Gods or if they turn apostate?
HughBe---I would say yes and they are known as demons and are frauds as there is ONE UNIFIED God.
Eric----"I would say yes and they are known as demons and are frauds as there is ONE UNIFIED God."

HughBe----Tell me the number that you SEE in the words ONE UNIFIED God. In your SICK mind do you see 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 in those words?

Simplifying it for you, the simple. Is it a UNITY of 7 or 6 etc?

After you have given the answer, state the specific word or numeral that supports your delusional and unstable mind and its opinion.

Please answer both questions and address all points.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#198056 Dec 31, 2013
Qur'an 10:37 "This Qur'an is such a writing that none but Allah could have composed it. It confirms what has been revealed before."

False. It rather falsifies what has been revealed before.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#198057 Dec 31, 2013
HughBe wrote:
HughBe---Take a cup of water and divide it into 3 equal parts.
Then freeze a third and then boil another third and leave the last third in its original liquid state.
What do we have in the end? We have ice, vapour and water as a liquid. All are from the SAME source but are different manifestations.
The problem with the trinity doctrine is that it is falsehood. It is not inconceivable that an ALMIGHTY God could have 3 manifestations but such is not the case.
Nina Q---Why is such not the case ?
HughBe--- Truthfully, I do not know the reason why there is no trinity. I shall inquire or seek an answer from above and you have my assurance that if and when I get an answer you shall be the first to know.
Nina----How do you know?
HughBe--- A good question but my believe is based on scriptures and I see no evidence of a trinity.
HughBe, I appreciate your sincerity that you dont know why there is no trinity .

and that you dont really know you just dont seem to find it in the scriptures. fine by me
well you know it's funny that people will read the same scriptures and different people will "read" and find different things.

that's only human you know . in fact I m convinced that no human ever accepts and "adopts" in other words is "convinced" of anything that they are not already predisposed , inclined to believe.

you will see it all around no one gets his opinions and beliefs changed because they were give some.."proor" for if there was any proof they themselves would have arleady seen it.

reason why we read the same but understand what we "want " to understand.

having said that if you ever find an answer why there's no trinity that would mark the day you start reading the same things through different spectacles and those spectacles will be your own choice. it will be a change from within.

what we're doing here is share just share not impose prove or "convince" anyone about anything.

we're only convinced to sway into what's already within us.

what we can only do is try not to violate and abuse logic for .. you never know , tomorrow we may suddenly wake up to new ideas prexisting within us; wake up to a new understanding of same old for others, new to us truths

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 7 hr Amused 4,906
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web