Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253863 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#197475 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now this is strange, really strange!!
Our Hindu Extremist (Truth Seeker) turning to Christian Extremist (Shamma) to lend each other support to pin down Muslim Extremist!!
There is a saying in Hindi "Chor Chor Mausere Bhai" in English it is said as "Birds of same flock gather together".
Against islam, people of all other "popular" religions will unite, this itself proves which is on true path.
A Christian would not "usually" comment about Rama or Krishna, as to whether they were God in Human Form.
And neither would Hindus comment or care whether Jesus was God in human form.
But both Hindus and Christians would become enemy of our prophet, because he said "God does not take human form, He never begets nor is He begotten".
Strange bed fellows these people of different religions , united against Muslims!!
PS:
I have given same advise to BMZ on many occasion to shun these "professional debaters" who come back to starting point after 100 or 1000 posts.
But every one has his own methods and I do not force my style on others.
Personally I consider it a sheer waste of time to discuss with such type of people.
rabbee: well once the world figures out, your their islam enemy too. there is most likely going to be a big battle, without any miracles to prevent this. your quran dictates, that everyone else in the world is your enemy as you are theirs. once all of you have added your own cyanide to the pot, comes the time to drink it. for all these diverse g-ds, against peace with only their own peace.

Denver, CO

#197476 Dec 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Truth Seeker seeks his own version of "truth"!..
Salaams, Alex
rabbee: as you seek, your own also. what are the chances of either of two opposing self truths being really true? i mean who cares, if your the only true potato, and they are the only true apple?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#197477 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
From where you got this name Joachim as grandfather of Mary? In Which Gospel it is mentioned?
The story came for the gospel of James, which is not accepted by the Church and also came from the so-called traditions of the Church.

This is where the Apocrypha (the books thrown in the dust bin) becomes useful for Christianity.

Salaams, MUQ

BMZ

Denver, CO

#197478 Dec 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what is meant by "Son of David"?
Can you use the same logic for "son of...daughter of ....brother of....sister of......Imran"?
rabbee: if you Mother is a jew, then so are you. since it is much harder to prove, if your father really was a jew. a woman giving birth, is not proof her husband is the father.
bmz

Singapore

#197479 Dec 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You know nothing about the religion of Islam MUQ.
I will teach what the Quran Says:
The House of Imran (Arabic: &#1570;&#1604; &#1593;&#1605;&#15 85;&#1575;&#1606;) is the 3rd chapter of the Qur'an. Imran is Arabic for the biblical figure Amram, the father of Moses and Aaron, who is regarded by Muslims as being the ancestor of Mary and Jesus through his son Aaron. In Muslim belief, however, the Christian Joachim has been attributed the name Imran as well. Muslims distinguish between the two different individuals as:
"Imran, ancestor of Mary", who is Amram
"Imran, father of Mary", who is Joachim
Grave Nabi Imran, Tomb of Mary, Jerusalem

On Qur'an 19:28, the classical Islamic scholar and commentator ibn Kathir says in his work Tafsir ibn Kathir; "(O sister of Harun!) This means, "O one resembling Harun (Aaron) in worship....(O sister of Harun!) referring to the brother of Musa, because she was of his descendants. This is similar to the saying,`O brother of Tamim,' to one who is from the Tamimi tribe, and `O brother of Mudar,' to one who is from the Mudari tribe. It has also been said that she was related to a righteous man among them whose name was Harun and she was comparable to him in her abstinence and worship."[12]

As for the figure of Joachim/Imran, he is revered by Muslims for being the father of Mary and the grandfather of Jesus and also for being one of the most saintly men present in Jerusalem at the time, alongside the priest Zachariah. By tradition, Imran's wife was Hannah, the Catholic Saint Anne.
Joachim was not Imran and Hannah was not Imran's wife.

I hope Truth Seeker, the clueless ignorant fool reads what you quoted:

" On Qur'an 19:28, the classical Islamic scholar and commentator ibn Kathir says in his work Tafsir ibn Kathir;

"(O sister of Harun!) This means, "O one resembling Harun (Aaron) in worship....(O sister of Harun!) referring to the brother of Musa, because she was of his descendants.

This is similar to the saying,`O brother of Tamim,' to one who is from the Tamimi tribe, and `O brother of Mudar,' to one who is from the Mudari tribe."

Alex WM

London, UK

#197480 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now this is strange, really strange!!
Our Hindu Extremist (Truth Seeker) turning to Christian Extremist (Shamma) to lend each other support to pin down Muslim Extremist!!
There is a saying in Hindi "Chor Chor Mausere Bhai" in English it is said as "Birds of same flock gather together".
Against islam, people of all other "popular" religions will unite, this itself proves which is on true path.
A Christian would not "usually" comment about Rama or Krishna, as to whether they were God in Human Form.
And neither would Hindus comment or care whether Jesus was God in human form.
But both Hindus and Christians would become enemy of our prophet, because he said "God does not take human form, He never begets nor is He begotten".
Strange bed fellows these people of different religions , united against Muslims!!
PS:
I have given same advise to BMZ on many occasion to shun these "professional debaters" who come back to starting point after 100 or 1000 posts.
But every one has his own methods and I do not force my style on others.
Personally I consider it a sheer waste of time to discuss with such type of people.
Very well said, brother.
They are in each others pockets being Pagans.
Trimurti and Trinity......"TRI".. ...Three..........
The Christians are so confused that they allow Hindu "yoga" to be practised in Churches!
From Churches the chants that come out these days are "OMMMMMMM"!
When will they ever learn?
ViShnu Brahma Shiva.....Three in one!
Salaams
Alex WM

London, UK

#197481 Dec 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: if you Mother is a jew, then so are you. since it is much harder to prove, if your father really was a jew. a woman giving birth, is not proof her husband is the father.
That was not my line of questioning Rabbee.
I was pointing out that.."Son of David"...does not mean that he was the biological son of David who made love to his mother.
Similarly, the expression sister of...X or brother of Y....does not mean they share same mother/father/both. It may even refer to a distant relative.
There is a saying "We are all brothers in humanity"....Does it mean we are all blood brothers from same generation? No.
Trying to educate "truth seeker".
bmz

Singapore

#197482 Dec 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
That is nonsense and hilarious, Rabbee.

That a man is a Jew because his mother is a Jewess, is absurd! Genealogy was always established through the father.

It is only applicable for Aliya (Residence/immigration to Israel). It is not a Torah clause or requirement.

And next you will be telling me that covenants were established with women in your theTorah.
Alex WM

London, UK

#197483 Dec 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: as you seek, your own also. what are the chances of either of two opposing self truths being really true? i mean who cares, if your the only true potato, and they are the only true apple?
Yes, I agree with you and the same goes for you Rabbee.
You can be the only true "banana"?
bmz

Singapore

#197484 Dec 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
Truth Seeker seeks his own version of "truth"!..
Salaams, Alex
The man is unable to register the nonsense that he wrote.

Salaams, bro

BMZ
Alex WM

London, UK

#197485 Dec 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joachim was not Imran and Hannah was not Imran's wife.
I hope Truth Seeker, the clueless ignorant fool reads what you quoted:
" On Qur'an 19:28, the classical Islamic scholar and commentator ibn Kathir says in his work Tafsir ibn Kathir;
"(O sister of Harun!) This means, "O one resembling Harun (Aaron) in worship....(O sister of Harun!) referring to the brother of Musa, because she was of his descendants.
This is similar to the saying,`O brother of Tamim,' to one who is from the Tamimi tribe, and `O brother of Mudar,' to one who is from the Mudari tribe."
Agreed.
Just explained it in my post to TS and Rabbee.
"Son of David" is a good enough example!
Did David make love to BJ's mum? No.
Salaams.
bmz

Singapore

#197486 Dec 23, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>respect for all prophets MUQ? are you sure?
do you call this the muslim respect for this ..prophet?
<<New rash of church closings, signs hung near church saying "Jesus is a dog," "Kill the Christians>
Jesus is a dog? we all know how much respect muslims have for dogs.
nice words MUQ but they are just that : words.
actions speak louder than words though.
do you have any explanation for this .. respect MUQ?
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2013/12/interfaith-...
A big lie!

Horse Shit from Jihad Watch! Those Christian sickos and weirdos make such signs and posters and blame Muslims. These filthy polemic Christians would do anything to blame Muslims.

No Muslim would ever say that about Jesus, the son of Mary.
Unbiased

Buffalo, NY

#197487 Dec 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
I have never denied the fact that I am an azzhole.
Even if you did, no one would have taken your word for that, azzhole!
Eric

Chicago, IL

#197488 Dec 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric--- The 70 scholars only translated the first 5 books(of the Tanach).
HughBe--- Please prove and cite authoritative sources. When was the Masoretic Text translated and what was it translated from?
Tell me, what is the only reliable translated scriptures and explain your feelings.
Thanks.
Eric---I think I heard a mouse fart again.
HughBe-- You never fail to create the opportunity to mention either directly or indirectly your favourite topic, hole or the discharge from that hole.
Eric---btw that mouse should remember that the mouse and I had this discussion before and I proved the point on the Septuagint.
HughBe-- Typical Judahite, there is no truth in you. YOU are currently discussing the matter with another poster so do as you are told and provide the proof and answer the questions as s/he and others have an interest in hearing that atomic explosion from your hole.
Damn that mouse has a severe case of flatulence.

Denver, CO

#197490 Dec 23, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not my line of questioning Rabbee.
I was pointing out that.."Son of David"...does not mean that he was the biological son of David who made love to his mother.
Similarly, the expression sister of...X or brother of Y....does not mean they share same mother/father/both. It may even refer to a distant relative.
There is a saying "We are all brothers in humanity"....Does it mean we are all blood brothers from same generation? No.
Trying to educate "truth seeker".
rabbee: never the less, biologically attached, by association of a jewish mother in the linage of Daveed. for in the scriptures of men, must know how to read according to the way they thought then. but a grandson of Daveed, is still considered as a son of Daveed. so do not try to be an intellectual imbecile. when you know perfectly well, what is meant by it. and you prefer to be a hard nose, butthole about it. making you look like, somebodies thoughtless zombie.

and please do not overcompensate, by calling all of this world as humanity. when alleged men's, inhumanity to allege as men, is nowhere close to the description of humanity. for none of my real children, are like fighting dogs for their own masters. wolf pack fighting other wolf packs, cannot be described as brothers.

for i can surly see here, that christians, jews, and muslims are not brothers. no matter what your intent, for the delusion is. any one who is the enemy of G-D, here in TheTorah is also my enemy. regardless of whether you are, jewish dogs, christian dogs, atheist dogs, buddhist dogs, muslim dogs, or other pagan dogs, fighting for their own masters. did the muslim brothers, welcome their jewish brothers return to Yesrael? sorry i am not buying, you are all brothers delusion. when even all muslims, murdering each other are brothers. because your masters, are not the same masters.

and you might want to learn, the difference between education and brainwashing. in your attempt to brainwash others, in the same manner you were brainwashed untrue to G-D. in this whole world brainwashed, in their own way untrue to G-D. for again here in TheTorah i reject you all as my only true grandchildren of TheOne True G-D you all denounce.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#197491 Dec 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That a man is a Jew because his mother is a Jewess, is absurd! Genealogy was always established through the father.
It is only applicable for Aliya (Residence/immigration to Israel). It is not a Torah clause or requirement.
And next you will be telling me that covenants were established with women in your theTorah.
BMZ---That a man is a Jew because his mother is a Jewess, is absurd!

HughBe--- Greetings BMZ, I would have thought that the truth spoken of by you is self-evident. Also, not only is the doctrine absurd but it is a lie, it is corrupt and in my mind it is used to commit crimes against humanity i.e. the Jewish people. The criminals should be charged.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#197492 Dec 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Damn that mouse has a severe case of flatulence.
A foul odour has been discharged from that holes of the rat and is pervading the airwaves.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#197493 Dec 23, 2013
that=the
Alex WM

London, UK

#197494 Dec 23, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: never the less, biologically attached, by association of a jewish mother in the linage of Daveed. for in the scriptures of men, must know how to read according to the way they thought then. but a grandson of Daveed, is still considered as a son of Daveed. so do not try to be an intellectual imbecile. when you know perfectly well, what is meant by it. and you prefer to be a hard nose, butthole about it. making you look like, somebodies thoughtless zombie.
and please do not overcompensate, by calling all of this world as humanity. when alleged men's, inhumanity to allege as men, is nowhere close to the description of humanity. for none of my real children, are like fighting dogs for their own masters. wolf pack fighting other wolf packs, cannot be described as brothers.
for i can surly see here, that christians, jews, and muslims are not brothers. no matter what your intent, for the delusion is. any one who is the enemy of G-D, here in TheTorah is also my enemy. regardless of whether you are, jewish dogs, christian dogs, atheist dogs, buddhist dogs, muslim dogs, or other pagan dogs, fighting for their own masters. did the muslim brothers, welcome their jewish brothers return to Yesrael? sorry i am not buying, you are all brothers delusion. when even all muslims, murdering each other are brothers. because your masters, are not the same masters.
and you might want to learn, the difference between education and brainwashing. in your attempt to brainwash others, in the same manner you were brainwashed untrue to G-D. in this whole world brainwashed, in their own way untrue to G-D. for again here in TheTorah i reject you all as my only true grandchildren of TheOne True G-D you all denounce.
Have you read what TS is saying about Imran?
I was explaining to him that "son of david" did not mean he was the direct biological son of david. Get it?

You are repeating what I say in your own words!!!

Try to see good in others, Rabbee.
Stop blaming everybody.
Thank you

Denver, CO

#197495 Dec 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: do not give me with your, demonic non-sense. why would i expect any of you, following that same old subtle devils again to want to understand. what is seen as true according to G-D. determining genealogy is a different matter, than to determine who is a jew. determining who really is your father, was not as clear cut in those days. whereas a woman giving birth, was the only certainty then. so no it is not only applicable for making aleeyah. it was used long before, the aleeyah. and paternity is only used to determine, recorded priestly or melech linage. i do not trust jews, any more than i trust, christians, muslims, or any other pagan dogs. when G-D says you all wrong, your all wrong. i do not care how right, any of you pretend to be. the only certainty of being a jew, was having a jewish mother then. even dna does not, prove any thing even today. there were a multitude of every known nation, that departed egypt. and there have been, many converts along the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 2 hr thetruth 793
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 2 hr thetruth 4,812
Anyone still at this forum 8 hr Sarah Good 1
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 8 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 9
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web