Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 228212 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#197434 Dec 23, 2013
Muhammad declared himself the "last prophet". He gave himself the title "seal of the prophets".

Location hidden

#197435 Dec 23, 2013
What did the "last prophet", Muhammad, achieve in matters spiritual and temporal? LOL.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#197436 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you move NAKED in public? How come NAKED and NUDE be polite words?
Become a Jain Muni and then you can roam around NAKED in public and men and women bowing down and worshipping your genitals,
Disgusting fools, using their warped logic to destroy the human body and supressing their feeling of shame.
OMG!! How am I ever going to make this man understand!!!!

"NAKED TRUTH" is a very well known Jargon and is often used for the truth that is obvious if one knows exactly how to Look for It. There is nothing Impolite or, Indecent about this word.

Anyways, If I have hurt your feeling unknowingly, I am sorry for that and I actually meant what I explained above...

Location hidden

#197437 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ,

A certain sect of Jain ascetics go around naked to demonstrate their detachment from matters related to the flesh and do not wear clothes even in the harshest winter or summer months and besides they go everywhere barefooted, shun electricity, do not travel by modern transport but walk miles and miles from one village or town to another and eat frugally (fruits and nuts and simple steamed vegetables) and do not stay in a place for more than 3 days . The Jain laity bow to these naked peripatetic friars or "digambars" out of awe and respect.

Now, tell me, why did Muhammad kiss, hug and weep over the naked stone dick set in a vaginal ring in the Kaaba?
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#197438 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Look at this discussion going on between BMZ and the so called Truth Seeker. Is there any major issue involved here?
Nothing, just moving in circles and calling names.
What Truth is this Truth Seeker Seeking, I fail to realize. He will go on in endless circular motion, covering lot of ground and moving no where!!
Are you really that much innocent that you do not realize the immense Importance of the Issue that we are Discussing. This issue is so Big that it is single handedly sufficient to prove that "Quran" is not a Divine revelation, but a mere fabrication of your so called Prophet.

I seem to agree with the 2nd part of your post. But you should be addressing the same to BMZ and not me. It is BMZ who is moving in endless circles, changing his statements every 2nd post and un-necessarily calling names. I have infact requested him in one of my posts to refrain from that, but he never listened....
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

#197439 Dec 23, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Eric--- The 70 scholars only translated the first 5 books(of the Tanach).
HughBe--- Please prove and cite authoritative sources. When was the Masoretic Text translated and what was it translated from?
Tell me, what is the only reliable translated scriptures and explain your feelings.
Thanks.
I think I heard a mouse fart again. btw that mouse should remember that the mouse and I had this discussion before and I proved the point on the Septuagint.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#197440 Dec 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, boy! Why do you make me ridicule you more and more?
Read your post again:
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
You wrote this first:
"Please refer the following verse of Quran First -
(Sura 3:35) Behold! a woman of 'Imran said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy special service: So accept this of me: For Thou hearest and knowest all things."
(Sura 3:36) When she was delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!"- and Allah knew best what she brought forth- "And no wise is the male Like the female. I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected."
The above two verses conclusively shows that Miraim (Mary) was the daughter of Imran (Hebrew Amram). Now let's take a look at the following verse -"
BMZ: "Here, the two verses are clearly talking about the woman of Imran. The 2nd verse is talking about what the woman of Imran continued and said, Ignorant Fool! Was Jesus a female child?"
BMZ: "Mary was the daughter of the woman of Imran, Fool and that woman gave birth to Mary, the mother of Jesus!"
BMZ:'You did not just stop at that great folly of yours and wrote:
This is what you TS, wrote: " (Sure 3:45)Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah.
The above verse now conclusively proves that the same Miriam (Mary) who was the daughter of Imran was also the mother of Jesus."
BMZ: This verse was about Mary, the daughter of the woman of Imran and the mother of Jesus.
BMZ: And Qur'aan never called the woman of Imran by the name Mary. How can you be soooooo stupid and dumb?
Dismissed! Now, go and stand in the corner for 6 hours.
You bull-shit Muslim!
This Surah takes its name from v. 33. Al-i-Imran, like the names of many other surahs, is merely a name to distinguish it from other surahs and does not imply that the family of Imran has been discussed in it.

Who is Al-i-Imran?

Joachim (whose name means Yahweh prepares), was the father of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Anne (Hebrew, Hannah, grace; also spelled Ann, Anne, Anna) is the traditional name of the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. St. Anne and St. Joachim were parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary and grandparents of Jesus. Tradition has it they first lived in Galilee and later settled in Jerusalem where the Blessed Virgin Mary was born and raised.

Joachim and Anne were a rich and pious couple who had been married for a long time, but found themselves childless. The couple prayed fervently for a child and promised to dedicate their first born to the service of God. An angel appeared to Anne and told her, "The Lord has looked upon thy tears; thou shalt conceive and give birth and the fruit of thy womb shall be blessed by all the world". Joachim also received the same message from the angel. Anne gave birth to a daughter whom she called Miriam (Mary), who was conceived without sin. As a child, Mary was taken to the temple and her parents suffered great sorrow but at the same time joy for fulfilling the vows they had made to the Lord.

The Quran is giving out false information.
You need to stop telling lies!

Location hidden

#197441 Dec 23, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying!
And read my latest educational post. All will read and understand easily.
You are now making a fool of yourself. It is you, who stooped low, Lowest of the Low!
You gave out false information!

The Mother and father of the Blessed Virgin Mary is:
Joachim (whose name means Yahweh prepares), was the father of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Anne (Hebrew, Hannah, grace; also spelled Ann, Anne, Anna) is the traditional name of the mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. St. Anne and St. Joachim were parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary and grandparents of Jesus. Tradition has it they first lived in Galilee and later settled in Jerusalem where the Blessed Virgin Mary was born and raised.

Joachim and Anne were a rich and pious couple who had been married for a long time, but found themselves childless. The couple prayed fervently for a child and promised to dedicate their first born to the service of God. An angel appeared to Anne and told her, "The Lord has looked upon thy tears; thou shalt conceive and give birth and the fruit of thy womb shall be blessed by all the world". Joachim also received the same message from the angel. Anne gave birth to a daughter whom she called Miriam (Mary), who was conceived without sin. As a child, Mary was taken to the temple and her parents suffered great sorrow but at the same time joy for fulfilling the vows they had made to the Lord.

The Qurans teaching is wrong!
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#197442 Dec 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You gave out false information!
The Mother and father of the Blessed Virgin Mary is:
The Qurans teaching is wrong!
Shamma,

Both BMZ, MUQ and all the other Muslims, frequenting this thread is well aware about this Big Blunder of "Quran". But they will never admit it. Please do not be emotional, We have almost established that The so called Prophet of Islam has Blundered Big Time on this issue of Mary & Jesus....
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#197444 Dec 23, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
MUQ,
A certain sect of Jain ascetics go around naked to demonstrate their detachment from matters related to the flesh and do not wear clothes even in the harshest winter or summer months and besides they go everywhere barefooted, shun electricity, do not travel by modern transport but walk miles and miles from one village or town to another and eat frugally (fruits and nuts and simple steamed vegetables) and do not stay in a place for more than 3 days . The Jain laity bow to these naked peripatetic friars or "digambars" out of awe and respect.
Now, tell me, why did Muhammad kiss, hug and weep over the naked stone dick set in a vaginal ring in the Kaaba?
You of the least people should come to the defense of these "clothless munis"....they should go to jungle and live amongst animals. Why they inhibit amongst human population and mix with them.

They are taking there "shunning worldly pleasures" to extreme, this shows highest level of stupidity, to act like animals, when God made them humans and instilled into them the feeling of shame.

This is not religious interpretation, but stupidity.

And your comments about Kaaba show how idiotic can you be.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#197445 Dec 23, 2013
Now this is strange, really strange!!

Our Hindu Extremist (Truth Seeker) turning to Christian Extremist (Shamma) to lend each other support to pin down Muslim Extremist!!

There is a saying in Hindi "Chor Chor Mausere Bhai" in English it is said as "Birds of same flock gather together".

Against islam, people of all other "popular" religions will unite, this itself proves which is on true path.

A Christian would not "usually" comment about Rama or Krishna, as to whether they were God in Human Form.

And neither would Hindus comment or care whether Jesus was God in human form.

But both Hindus and Christians would become enemy of our prophet, because he said "God does not take human form, He never begets nor is He begotten".

Strange bed fellows these people of different religions , united against Muslims!!

PS:

I have given same advise to BMZ on many occasion to shun these "professional debaters" who come back to starting point after 100 or 1000 posts.

But every one has his own methods and I do not force my style on others.

Personally I consider it a sheer waste of time to discuss with such type of people.

Location hidden

#197446 Dec 23, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>I think I heard a mouse fart again. btw that mouse should remember that the mouse and I had this discussion before and I proved the point on the Septuagint.
You proved nothing!
You only showed your ignorance.
The Septuagint was translated into Greek from the Hebrew Scriptures and it was read by Greek speaking Jews who did not speak Hebrew and were unable to read the Hebrew Scriptures written in Hebrew.

Hellenistic Judaism was a form of Judaism in the ancient world that combined Jewish religious tradition with elements of Greek culture. Until the fall of the Roman Empire and the Muslim conquests of the Eastern Mediterranean, the main centers of Hellenistic Judaism were Alexandria (Egypt) and Antioch (Northern Syria—now Turkey), the two main Greek urban settlements of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area, both founded at the end of the 4th century BCE in the wake of the conquests of Alexander the Great. Hellenistic Judaism also existed in Jerusalem during the Second Temple Period, where there was conflict between Hellenizers and traditionalists (sometimes called Judaizers).

The major literary product of the contact of Second Temple Judaism and Hellenistic culture is the Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Bible from Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Aramaic to Koine Greek.

The decline of Hellenistic Judaism started in the 2nd century CE, and its causes are still not fully understood. It may be that it was eventually marginalized by, partially absorbed into or became progressively the Koine Greek-speaking core of "Early Christianity" centered around Antioch and its "universalist" tradition —
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#197448 Dec 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Your information is wrong MUQ!
From where you got this name Joachim as grandfather of Mary? In Which Gospel it is mentioned?
Eric

Mount Prospect, IL

#197449 Dec 23, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You proved nothing!
You only showed your ignorance.
The Septuagint was translated into Greek from the Hebrew Scriptures and it was read by Greek speaking Jews who did not speak Hebrew and were unable to read the Hebrew Scriptures written in Hebrew.
See, now you've changed what you originally said. You said that the Septuagint was translated by 70 Jewish scholars and then you gave a discussion of Isaiah. I told you that the 70 scholars only did the first 5 books--which would not have included Isaiah.

Now your statement is that the Septuagint was translated into Greek from the Hebrew Scriptures. No mention of the 70 scholars.

Of course the Hebrew was at some time translated into Greek--which is all you now say.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#197450 Dec 23, 2013
Now Shamma trying to teach an "authentic Jew" about Jewish Scripture!!

This should be fun!!

I doubt if our Shamma can read either Greek or Hebrew or Arabic.

But it is interesting how will he claim "master hood" in each of these languages.

Mr. Eric, now the ball is in your court. Let us see your response.!!

PS:

I do not know, how a Greek Translation can make Hebrew Original redundant.

Seventy or 100 Scholars does not mean any thing, it would not grant them immunity from error and mis-interpretation.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#197451 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Now this is strange, really strange!!
Our Hindu Extremist (Truth Seeker) turning to Christian Extremist (Shamma) to lend each other support to pin down Muslim Extremist!!
There is a saying in Hindi "Chor Chor Mausere Bhai" in English it is said as "Birds of same flock gather together".
Against islam, people of all other "popular" religions will unite, this itself proves which is on true path.
MUQ,

After BMZ, it is now your turn then to take over the scene.

You really make me wonder man!!!! So, in your above statement, on one hand you accept that BMZ is a Muslim extremist, but in the very next sentence, you say that being an extremest is acceptable for a Muslim since all Muslims unite in that Extremism. Excellent, really wonderful ..... YOU HAVE ALMOST ADMITTED THAT ISLAM SUPPORTS EXTREMISM.

For you information, I am not a Hindu Extremist. I am only a Seeker of The TRUTH. If I at all I am an Extremest, then it is in the cause of establishing TRUTH.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#197452 Dec 23, 2013
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#197453 Dec 23, 2013
So-called religion of peace rife with violent extremism

http://www.times-standard.com/guest_opinion/c...

Location hidden

#197456 Dec 23, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>

And your comments about Kaaba show how idiotic can you be.

Why, didn't Muhammad kiss and hug the stone phallus set in a vaginal ring in the Kaaba?

Were those acts of simulated oral sex?

Muhammad was a notorious pedophile and could have been bisexual and so I can well believe his penchant for gay oral sex with a stone phallus.

Location hidden

#197459 Dec 23, 2013
"May Love defend thee from Oblivion’s curse."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 26 Shizle 40
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul 24 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul 23 Dizy 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jul 6 TC_Tia 14,656
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Jul 4 Pam 11
News What is Asatru? (Dec '10) Jul 3 ex pagan 2
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun '15 Drake_Burrwood 1
More from around the web