Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256619 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197131 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
The story in John 8 is a forgery and a fraud. It cannot be found in ancient manuscripts at all.
Check with the Bible Mills.
Go away and sin no more.
If I were a Jew and if I were there, I would have asked Jesus to throw the first stone, if he thought he were sinless.
but you are a good muslim and as such you can just as well ask the same thing to muslims who make it a habit of throwing stones at people to death because they ( people) unlike them ( good muslims) have.. sinned.
Nina Q

Thessaloníki, Greece

#197132 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot find one little loophole in Seeker's post because you are not well-read.
Luke 9:20 Peter answered, "Peter answered, "The Messiah of God.""
Mark 8:29 Peter said,“You are the Christ.”
Matthew has the forgery. Not reliable at all.
John did not know about that. He wrote something else, which shows that Simon Peter's flesh and blood that is his own brother had told him that they had found the messiah and introduced him to Jesus.
Read John 1 "40 Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother, was one of the two who had heard John’s words and had followed Jesus. 41 The first thing he did was to find his brother Simon. He said to him,“We have found the Christ!” 42 Andrew took Simon to Jesus. When Jesus saw Simon, He said,“You are Simon, the son of John. Your name will be Cephas.” The name Cephas means Peter, or a rock."
So, according to John, it was not the Father in heaven, who told Peter that.
Can't trust gospel accounts.
I m telling you the table is not a horse...

and for your info .. Messiah and Christos which is where Christ comes from are exactly the same. they mean the annointed one.

so you understand that theologically speaking slight difference in the words be it the greek or the hebrew used make no difference.

it does to pedantic liars who like to 'squeeze the fly and make some fat out of it"

but THEOLOGICALLY speaking their sqeezing means nada.

so bmz... the Alpha and Wmega? or the Alev and Tav?
perhaps you'd like the Alpha and Tav or the Alef and Wmega?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#197133 Dec 19, 2013
Nina,

here's another interesting thing. Muhammad incorporated the black stone into Islam, probably to compromise with the pagans. The pagans were the only ones who thought the black stone had any significance for reverence and there was never even one single tiny mention of the black stone in any Hebrew scriptures or the New Testament. So apparently, God informed the pagans of the significance of this stone long before he ever informed Christians and Jews. Can you see how ridiculous this is? Muhammad was willing to do anything and add anything to Islam that he thought would get people to follow him.

Here's another thing you might not know. When Muhammad first started Islam, he said the direction to face when you pray is Jerusalem. This was when he was courting the Jews. But as soon as he knew the Jews rejected him as a fraud, suddenly the prayer direction changed to Mecca. Now ask yourself, why didn't God ever mention Mecca as the prayer direction for thousands of years? And if for some reason he decided not to, then why didn't he mention this at the beginning of the Quran? The prayer direction is very important. But it was only after Muhammad knew the Jews rejected him that the prayer direction changed. And what excuse did Muhammad invent for this oddity? Allah is testing us.

This guy wasn't even as good of a liar as a common 5th grader.

Since: Dec 13

Yorkville, IL

#197134 Dec 19, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
there must have been some misunderstanding here.
you gave me a site with Greek what? I must have missed it. I thought you gave me the hebrew OT and a site for learning hebrew you or the other poster ?
which I have bookmarked both
I think you are accusing me of selective reading but I told you I googled at random . that' s what I usually do
and I double googled.
care to give me the greek you say you gave me, again please?
this is what you gave me Eric
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0.htm
I gave you that one. But we were then discussing Luke in the New Testament and I gave you a site with Scriptural Greek in it and asked you for the translation of Luke 22:70 that Shamma had posted a non-traditional translation. You gave a translation from the Koine Greek.

I guess not selective reading but short memory.

Yorkville, IL

#197135 Dec 19, 2013
@nina

and you got that site from Frijoles
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#197136 Dec 19, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
and for your info .. Messiah and Christos which is where Christ comes from are exactly the same. they mean the annointed one.
so you understand that theologically speaking slight difference in the words be it the greek or the hebrew used make no difference.
it does to pedantic liars who like to 'squeeze the fly and make some fat out of it"
Now i think you are starting to see just how much of an illogical moron this guy is. He also thinks that when it says a lamb will open the scrolls on the last day, it literally means a four legged lamb.He can't understand symbolic language for the life of him. The Quran is perfect for stupid people like him because it's such a simple book.

Yorkville, IL

#197137 Dec 19, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one is Hebrew? Messiah comes from the Latin.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#197138 Dec 19, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>Which one is Hebrew? Messiah comes from the Latin.
The literal translation of the Hebrew word moshiach (messiah) is “anointed,”
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#197139 Dec 19, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
oh yes there is . Written by Salma Rushdi an excellent book. it's a must read
Salman Rushdi is an idiot and an ignorant fool as far as Islam and Qur'aan are concerned.

You do not know what Satanic Verses are. I will give you some examples:

Satanic Verses can be found written about his encounter with Satan.

And what can be more Satanic than the following verse?

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

If you want to read more Satanic Verses, read Hebrews 1.

And if you want to read a complete Satanic Book, please read Revelation.

Cheers!
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#197140 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Salman Rushdi is an idiot and an ignorant fool as far as Islam and Qur'aan are concerned.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Cheers!
I told Nina that this was a topic that Muslims do not want to discuss, and you just proved what I told to her perfectly. Thank you. You also proved what I told her about the D's of Muslim debate. Right now you are practicing the D called "deflection". Just like I told her. Once again, thank you for proving my claim to be correct.
bmz

Location hidden

#197141 Dec 19, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ask you if a table were a horse?

I consider Greek a poor and an unfit language for Scripture. God Almighty gave no Scripture in Greek.

The Greeks never anointed any one in their history, so Christos or the English word Christ does not impress me. Their royal barbers might have washed/shampooed the heads of their kings.

I have also educated you on the Alpha and the Omega. It is just a ridiculous Greek equivalent for "The First and the Last", which really means "Forever".

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#197142 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ask you if a table were a horse?
I consider Greek a poor and an unfit language for Scripture. God Almighty gave no Scripture in Greek
Well nobody claims that Greek can't be translated well and that one must read the Greek to have a full understanding of what the Gospels say. But Muslims claim that one must know Arabic before they can fully understand the Quran and that Arabic can't be translated well. So which is a better language for a religion?. Of course, the truth is that either one is sufficient. One only needs to know the Arabic if one raises a problematic verse and Muslims hide behind the Arabic excuse hoping the other person doesn't know Arabic. That's really all that's going one. Just one dishonest ploy after another. When it comes to discussion of Islam, suddenly Muslims become the trickiest and most dishonest people that there are.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#197143 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers!
rabbee: and if you want to see some verses from the angel of baal hamolech, G-D hates more than hasatan here they are:
"Salman Rushdi is an idiot and an ignorant fool as far as Islam and Qur'aan are concerned.
Cheers!"

and the name of your two g-ds, Islam and Qur'aan are not G-D. proof of your worship of baal hamolech aka legion? is the name, of one of your g-ds is islam for they are many.
bmz

Location hidden

#197144 Dec 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
Actually, the Satanic Verses were documented by very early Muslim historians. Muhammad compromised with the pagans and acknowledged their Gods so that there can be peace between them and the pagans would let Muslims into the Kaaba. Then, he changed his mind and created an excuse for why he changed his mind by saying that Satan said those things and tricked him. This is why they are called the Satanic Verses. Salmon Rushdie simply used that name for his book because he thought it was one of the clearest signs that Muhammad was a mere fraud. These are the things that Muslims do not want to talk about.
This is a very interesting read. Read the whole thing.
http://middleeast.about.com/od/religionsectar...
The term Satanic Verses was first used by Sir William Muir, a hardcore Christian missionary working as a British official in the Colonial India, who never commented and wrote on his own Satanic New Testament and his Satanic God.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#197145 Dec 19, 2013
Personal FREEDOM is being eroded globally. The so called FREE world is leading the campaign against personal freedom.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#197146 Dec 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheers!
Agreed, bmz. The NT is the doctrine of Satan. Rev. 2:24 "...as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan..." Christians call themselves prisoners of Jesus. II Tim. 2:26 "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will". Isaiah 14:17 "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?". Jesus is Lucifer, Satans counterfeit messiah who came to finish his work which is to strengthen the wicked against the righteous. Ezekiel 13:22.
bmz

Location hidden

#197147 Dec 19, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Hate is produced from finding the truth about Muhammad and his evil deeds.
You resent being presented the truth about your prophet Muhammad and so you call me hateful.
It is your refusal to see Muhammad's deeds as evil.
You see the end results of his evil deeds as a good thing without regard for those who's lives were lost that were murdered at the hands of Muhammad and his followers.
The pre-determined mindset of Muhammad to fight those who worship God in their own way rather than under the Muslim rule of Muhammad's religion and using force to convert them to Islam is evil rather than a good thing.
The evil in Muhammad's mind pre-determined how God's kingdom on earth is to be lived without God as ruler over his own creation.
Muhammad turned God into a religion and it is the religion of Muhammad that becomes God on earth rather than God Himself as the one who is to be worshiped.
Muhammad proclaimed "I have perfected the religion of Islam for you God"
As though God Himself does not have the wisdom and knowledge and capability to be perfect in every way and to determine for Himself on His own what is good and what is evil.
Muhammad pre-determined on his own by his own mind what God should see as good and evil through the eyes of Muhammad alone.
The Muslim mind is blind to the ways of God.
A spoonful of castor oil daily will really help you.

Muhammad did not proclaim, "I have perfected the religion of Islam for you God", ignorant fool!

That was the LORD Almighty Allah, who said that through Qur'aan.

On the Day of Judgement, Jesus will tell the Church fathers, "You brood of vipers and snakes! You spoiled and ruined my religion, which Moses had perfected!"
bmz

Location hidden

#197149 Dec 19, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, bmz.

The NT is the doctrine of Satan. Rev. 2:24 "...as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan..." Christians call themselves prisoners of Jesus. II Tim. 2:26 "And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will". Isaiah 14:17 "...that opened not the house of his prisoners?".
Thank you, dear Susan. That is true and that is why I consider the New Testament a Satanic book.

It was not inspired by God but by the Devil, who whispered to his children to write hundreds of Satanic Verses in the NT.

They are not the prisoners of Jesus. They are the minions of Satan.

Thanks a million for a timely response.

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#197150 Dec 19, 2013
you need to be careful about proclaiming that: only jews are true, only christians are true, only atheist are true, only russians are true, only muslems are true, only islam is true. since that is the worship of baal hamolech. since only, G-D is true. and anything or anyone you proclaim is true to you is your g-d/s. which is so different than hasatan, the male spirit that i proclaims i am the truth above G-D. and baal hamolech, is we are the truth.
bmz

Location hidden

#197151 Dec 19, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
I told Nina that this was a topic that Muslims do not want to discuss, and you just proved what I told to her perfectly. Thank you. You also proved what I told her about the D's of Muslim debate. Right now you are practicing the D called "deflection". Just like I told her. Once again, thank you for proving my claim to be correct.
Been there and done that.

Discuss with me then, if you can. I know you will not be able to.

My main point was that Sir William Muir was the idiot, who used that term first back in the later part of the 19th Century. The pot did not know that his own scripture and the Church were Satanic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb 28 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb 27 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 26 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb '17 Kcreoke 2
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web