Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256288 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196953 Dec 18, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yes i know, your stupid. come up with all kinds of your own mental fantasies, in order to not see what's really there.
and there are no, verse numbers in TheTorah. as proof you have never read, TheTorah
So, for example, Deuteronomy 34:10 is not a verse number? What is 34:10 then?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196954 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
You want muslim not contest against insulting their prophet
Ok I will insult your wife then come and clap your hands
What is the point of insulting other prophets
Muhammad was not a prophet and he lied when he said he was, so insulting him is the right thing to do. Liars should be insulted.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196955 Dec 18, 2013
ericfromchi wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the better question is, "why do you care"? Is the real problem who Allah is, or how do the believers in Allah interact with others? Why should one care how the believers in Allah characterize Jesus so long as they leave the believers in Jesus to worship as they choose?
I think the world pays a heavy price because of what the Quran teaches these people. You don't think so? Sure Christians have done bad things in the past, but show me where Jesus told them to do any of that? But I can show you exactly where in the Quran that Muslims get their motivation from to do the screwed up things that they do.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196956 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Prophet heard about maryem imran
His family was not christian unfortunately
They were musheriken as mentioned by one of ur follower previously
They were worshiping what they made by their hands
Let us claim he hear all stuff
why people fail for centuries to bring one page writing like Quran?
god say in quran :
And if you are in doubt about what We have sent down upon Our Servant [Muhammad], then produce a surah the like thereof and call upon your witnesses other than Allah , if you should be truthful.
The reason why nobody has written a page like the Quran is that nobody even tries. Do you know why they do not? It's because the Quran does not say what someone has to do in order to create a page like it. So what's the point in even trying? What does "like it" mean? The Quran never says. So if someone tried to write a page like it, all that Muslims have to do is to change what "like it" means so that they can make it look like the person failed. Also, nobody has ever written a page like Shakespeare. Does that mean that Shakespeare's writings came from God?
No-Doubt wrote:
What about miracles
Muhammad couldn't do any.
No-Doubt wrote:
Did newton tell him about gravity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JHgl-PuqlNQXX
There is no knowledge of the law of gravity in the Quran. These people are twisting the Quran to MAKE it seem miraculous. You are constantly lied to by your fellow Muslims. Neil Armstrong did not become a Muslim, and neither did Mr. Bean. Do you ever stop to think for a moment and ask yourself why Muslims need to create lies like this?
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196957 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
But they lie
There is no hadith say that prophet peace be upon him walked oor entered aysha room when she is sex years
Oh, so maybe she was seven. What's the big difference?

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me.(The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.)(Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:151

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/h...
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196958 Dec 18, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MUQ,
I am all Ears my friend. Please give me your side of the story and I request you that please do not loose temper like our other friend BMZ...
Please understand that I am not an enemy of Muslims or, Islam. I only quote from your most authentic references and works of other scholars. Hence, your statement that these are my sole interpretation is not a correct statement...
We have had discussions in the past, but they did not produce any result.

Why should I keep on answering your questions?

Is there any reason?

It is not the quotation from any book that is the problem, it is misusing them and drawing your own conclusion, which is wrong.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196959 Dec 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I was saying to you.
<quoted text>
So I'm guessing that you think the sky is like a roof or dome or canopy and it can become weak and crack open?(69:16)(78)(82)(84). These errors are right in front of your face, and they literally jump right off of the page for any thinking reader. What excuses do you tell yourself for the clear error of treating the sky as some sort of physical structure that can become weak and crack open?
Can you tell me what is sky?

Can you tell me, why times of Sunrise and Sunset are mentioned in almost every news paper, when it is Scientifically known that Sun never rises and Sun never sets?

Why this mistake is being carried out everywhere and you never raised any objection?

Whatever Quran mentions shall come to pass, be assured. On Individual level, many things will be clear to you when you close your eyes for the last time on this earth. So you have only a little time to wait.

Have a little patience, that is my advice to you.

PS:

It is strange that I am speaking to "Seeker" and "Truth Seeker" at the same time
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196961 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Professor bible revert islam
So u want to claim you know more than bible professor
In harverd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KTqrOurm8KUXX
http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Notable_Former_Musl...
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196962 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither God nor any prophet of God made any mistakes.
The Quran says that Allah has perfected the religion. That means it was not perfected in the past, so God did not create a perfect religion from the very beginning, according to the Quran. And Muhammad made mistakes. For example, when he recited the Satanic verses and then came back the next day and retracted them after Gabriel rebuked him for saying them..
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#196963 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
There is not a single "mistake" in Quran, the mistake is in your own mind and your own understanding.
What was man created from, blood, clay, dust, or nothing?

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape,(15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer!(16:4).

Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).
"And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,- that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,(even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).
"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all,(6:115).
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).
When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#196964 Dec 18, 2013

Since: Sep 13

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#196965 Dec 18, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
So? A believer wouldn't challenge it because they are taught Quran is perfect, even though is full of mistakes. A non-muslim sees mistakes in Quran and won't waste their time to prove he can produce something like this or even better. Also who would be the judge, a Muslim? This challenge is clearly a trick and no any averagely intelligent person would waste their time for it.
<quoted text>
The 25 second video only says this: "Didn't we make the Earth a receptable?"
What this has anything to do with gravity?
<quoted text>
Ancient Greeks came out with almost the same explication centuries before Quran was revealed. The difference is that Muhammad copied them but he kept himself very vague about the description of human creation, hence he made less mistakes than them.
<quoted text>
It's not a secret. The current arabic grammar comes from Quran since it's the only widespread literature that arabs have. But what's your point here?
<quoted text>
Uh?!
The only thing that has been proven here is that you are an uneducated person in both humanistic and scientific fields.
Believe not challenge
Non believe see mistake in quran

But there are many tries in side of believers
Like Musaylama alkadab

When omaro hear his poet
He said u know I know you you r laying

Current arab fail in grammar
Arabic grammar is much more difficult than english

There is something like definition in arab grammar for every ward

Current christian layer

they don't speak standerd- arabic / authentic

The one taught in school and universities is different

There school doesn't care about language

Arabs pre islam they were top in arabic
They care about language
They send their kids to people in far places since they are very young and their kids return when they fully
Become fluent

So if quran is not correct fully they will not believe it

Most off them convert when they hear recitation of quran

Disbeliever forbid there people to listen to it

And they saaid quran is magic one there people hear it
They revert islam

In youtube christian bearly read sentence who criticizing quran

Non arab touched by quran / experience

Effect of quran on Arab

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

•
It is not logical that current arab grammar based on quran and say quran has err

•
In face book funny guy trying but he fail

Poets failed

Since: Sep 13

Abu Dhabi, UAE

#196966 Dec 18, 2013
Let's claim u didn't previous link

Explanation

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#196967 Dec 18, 2013
http://answering-islam.org/Authors/Farooq_Ibr...
The Problem of Abrogation in the Quran
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196969 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me what is sky?
Sure, the sky is a concept, not an actual physical structure like people thought back in the 7th century and like the author of the Quran thought.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me, why times of Sunrise and Sunset are mentioned in almost every news paper, when it is Scientifically known that Sun never rises and Sun never sets?
Because sunrise and sunset are merely terms. You have to have a word or term for it. But nobody literally thinks the sun sets and the sun rises, and nobody in their right mind would ever say anything like the sky will crack open. They wouldn't even say that figuratively. But a 7th century person could say that and mean it literally because 7th century people used to believe that the sky was a physical structure like a roof, dome or canopy, and so did the author of the Quran.

3 Who created the seven heavens one above another; you see no incongruity in the creation of the Beneficent Allah; then look again, can you see any disorder?

This is describing the heavens as a tower of sorts that goes straight up above us. But in reality, there is no such thing as up, as the earth is surrounded by the heavens and is contained within them. The author of the Quran had the words surround and within available to him, but he didn't choose to use those words because he didn't know any better and thought the heavens were a stack of ceilings that were split apart from the earth and raised ABOVE the earth. These are the sort of wrong ideas that people had back in the 7th century. How could anybody have ever guessed what the sky really was back then? They couldn't and neither could the author of the Quran. This is so obvious. It's right in front of your face, winking at you and waving at you waiting to be notice, but you are completely hypnotized.
MUQ wrote:
Why this mistake is being carried out everywhere and you never raised any objection?
Because it is figurative and everybody understands it as that. But people did not think the Quran was being figurative when it said the sky will crack open, just like it wasn't being figurative when it said the mountains will be flattened and the oceans will rise up. Here is how Muslims correctly interpreted what the Quran was saying. The interpretation only changed when Muslims realized the Quran was in error. That's what they do to preserve the image of the Quran. They change the meaning as they need to. It's called "lying to one's self", and people are more than willing to do that if they feel they need to.

Here is a truthful interpretation of 69:16 by IBN Kathir and other historical Muslim scholars. They knew what the Quran was clearly saying, they just didn't realize the error it was making because they didn't have access to modern science, so they had no idea that they were supposed to change the meaning from what it actually, clearly meant lijke modern Muslims do when they lie to themselves.

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php...
MUQ wrote:
Whatever Quran mentions shall come to pass, be assured. On Individual level, many things will be clear to you when you close your eyes for the last time on this earth. So you have only a little time to wait.
Have a little patience, that is my advice to you.
In all fairness, i have tried my hardest to come up with an excuse for this error and have tried to think about how the sky could ever possibly crack open and I just can't come up with any possible way to make this work. Can you? Now, of course, if we realize that people during Muhammad's time thought the sky was a physical structure or roof or dome, and so did Muhammad when he created those verses, then it all makes perfect sense. And that is exactly what all Muslim scholars in the past before modern science correctly thought the Quran was saying and I have provided my concrete evidence and linked it.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196970 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
Let's claim u didn't previous link
Explanation
http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_...
Why don't you pick one supposed miracle of the Quran, maybe your favorite one and let's discuss whether that was really a miracle or not. Muslims have a bad habit of twisting the meanings in the Quran to be whatever they need them to be. It's very dishonest, but Muslims don't seem to care about dishonesty as long as it makes the Quran and Islam look good. That's why Muslims lied about Mr. Bean becoming a Muslim and they lie about so many other things..
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196971 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever Quran mentions shall come to pass, be assured.
Why am i supposed to be assured of that? Is it because a book that has the same misunderstandings of the cosmos that 7th century people had says so? Is that why? Today, we know the sky is not a physical structure like a roof, dome or canopy at all, it is merely a concept. So would you care to tell me how a concept can become weak, frail or flimsy and crack open? I didn't know that concepts could do that, I thought that only physical structures could do that.

Since: Dec 13

Geneva, IL

#196972 Dec 18, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Professor," on the other hand, is a job title. It is reserved for people who teach in universities
and that was my original question to you. When was he a professor at harvard? Show us when he was a professor at harvard.
Seeker

Lowell, MA

#196973 Dec 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
The last person to teach anyone about Islam, preaching to some one who is "very green"!!
Strange but true!!
OK, then why don't you teach me about Islam. I have a question about the following verse.

6 Do they not then look up to heaven above them how We have made it and adorned it and it has no gaps?

Why would the Quran ask us to look at the sky or heavens to see if we can find any gaps in it? Would you ever ask someone to see if they can find gaps in the air or outer space? I wouldn't. This question makes absolutely no sense at all. But, if we remember that people in the 7th century thought the sky was a roof or dome and we consider the possibility that the author of the Quran thought that as well, then suddenly the verse makes absolute perfect sense. It's saying that that normally one can see gaps in a roof if it is not created perfectly, but Allah created the roof called the sky so perfectly that it does not have any gaps in it.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#196974 Dec 18, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you pick one supposed miracle of the Quran, maybe your favorite one and let's discuss whether that was really a miracle or not. Muslims have a bad habit of twisting the meanings in the Quran to be whatever they need them to be. It's very dishonest, but Muslims don't seem to care about dishonesty as long as it makes the Quran and Islam look good. That's why Muslims lied about Mr. Bean becoming a Muslim and they lie about so many other things..
Did I become a Muslim?

Whats that about?(havent been paying attention)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug 14 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug 7 Trump Rules Zippy 9
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul '17 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul '17 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul '17 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul '17 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun '17 just sayin 3
More from around the web