Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#196745 Dec 15, 2013
Riyan wrote:
God is watching
Actually, from where you are, it is more likely just a predator drone

“Here again in The Torah”

Since: Nov 13

Denver Colorado 80218

#196746 Dec 15, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but unless you are HG Wells, there is no way in conversation you will be exposed to such beauties of the Biblical language such as the "reversing vav".
rabbee: well that is easy to tell, whether it is used before verb instead of a noun. but telling what it really does and how to interpret the verb, can get too complex for the beginner. and is not something, you normally learn in Hebrew* 101. and not usually introduced, to this until advanced eevreet classes on how it changes tense. when there is normally no past, present, or future tense in classical Torah Eevreet.

but when tense is included, one of the two ways with the vav, one should take special note and care with it. and the Omni tense, of classicial eevreet, has a beauty of it's own. since it means this is forever true, where as added tense, could mean this is a one time thing in the past, present or future. and can be as confusing, as the moving svah is enough trouble for beginning eevreet. and is something, best done with a tutor. since the context of the passage, has a lot to do with the interpretation of the reversing vav.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#196747 Dec 15, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well that is easy to tell, whether it is used before verb instead of a noun. but telling what it really does and how to interpret the verb, can get too complex for the beginner. and is not something, you normally learn in Hebrew* 101. and not usually introduced, to this until advanced eevreet classes on how it changes tense. when there is normally no past, present, or future tense in classical Torah Eevreet.
but when tense is included, one of the two ways with the vav, one should take special note and care with it. and the Omni tense, of classicial eevreet, has a beauty of it's own. since it means this is forever true, where as added tense, could mean this is a one time thing in the past, present or future. and can be as confusing, as the moving svah is enough trouble for beginning eevreet. and is something, best done with a tutor. since the context of the passage, has a lot to do with the interpretation of the reversing vav.
v, v, v, v, v, v, vaROOM!

Since: Sep 13

UAE

#196748 Dec 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Allah - the Moon God
The Archaeology of the Middle East
The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is thus one of continuity. Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god in Arabia during pre-Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture, then it is the next step in biblical religion. Thus we should all become Muslims. But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology. We can endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what the evidence reveals. This is the only way to find out the truth concerning the origins of Allah. As we shall see, the hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.
Stop laying upon iislam
By trying to hide your wrong faith religion

Bible say jesus didn't crusify his self

That what happen

So jesus will not save you
You should save your self

Salvation jesus doesn't exsit

Bible john 19:7

The Jewish leaders insisted,“We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”

By the way there people who can see but their heart blind

They only follow their incilation

Just like u

I really don't have well to talk to people who reject trutth

I don't blame Noah peace be upon him who kept proving for his people there is god and they should follow them but they insist to disbelieve him

Then he went away and whale picked him

It is really disgusting to show people truth cleaar likke sun then they insist disbelieving

U believe in prophet moses and all his miracle but phaaroah disbelieved him despite he saw his miracle

U know why

His ego

U doing same thing that Pharoah did maany decades ago when he fall in drawn in mid of sea

God saved his body to be sign

God say :
Indeed,[O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.

UAE

#196749 Dec 15, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ka%27b_ibn_al-As...
Excerpts:
Ka'b was infuriated at the victory of the Muslims in the Battle of Badr, in March 624, and at the executions of a number of Meccan notables of the Quraysh tribe who had been captured after that battle.
Muhammad ibn Maslamah said: "O Messenger of Allah, do you wish that I should kill him?" He said: "Yes." He said: "Permit me to talk (to him in the way I deem fit)." He said: "Talk (as you like)."
That is, USE DECEPTION, as you will read.
So, Muhammad ibn Maslamah came to Ka‘b and talked to him, saying: "This man (i.e. the prophet Muhammad) has made up his mind to collect charity (from us) and this has put us to a great hardship." When he heard this, Ka‘b said: "By Allah you will be put to more trouble by him." Muhammad ibn Maslamah answered: "No doubt, now we have become his followers and we do not like to forsake him until we see what turn his affairs will take. I want that you should give me a loan." ot.
A number of reasons are given for the assassination. One reason is that al-Ashraf had tried to provoke the Qura
First Kaab he was insulting prophet ve god ve women

Go stand in front ur authority ve insult his woomen

Do u like any one insult ur wife or sister

Be honest

But prophet was patient enough

Go insult goorge bush wife aand see what they will do
He was insulting consinously
But prophet didnt do any thing toward him
The second thing after al badr war
He was encouraging people to fight muslim again and kill them
U call them terror
Right oor not
What is punishment of terror
U should tell me
If any leader heard there are person trying to encourage people against his people and start war what will be his punishment!
Second thing prophet didnt force any one to kill him
He just asked if any one have well
U don't fooorget disbeliver tortured muslim all the time they expel them from their homes
Taking their shirts off ve putting huge rock on their back whille weather is hot under sun
Their skin burn plus keep them with no food for years
They left every thing they own including money
They didn't have food to eat for months
They betray one convienet after another
Prophet forgiving them untill they declared war again ve again
•
It is not like corrupted bible saying prophet david killed his friend urai to commit adultery with his wife
If prophet good example and they are the best of best
So how could bible claim they commit adultery or killed person for sexual purpose
It is like saying prophet is criminal
If he is criminal that mean either he is not prophet or this thing didn't happen

UAE

#196750 Dec 15, 2013
They quoto line from quran without knowing reason behind order

God aask just to fight who is fighting muslim to protect their life

All verses talking about self defence and asking people not to fear

Prophet mentioned clearly who kill non muslim between them convient he will not smell heaven
Including
All non muslim who living in muslim country
Or even they come as tourist

“I'm hawt and I know it. ”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#196751 Dec 15, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest
U call them terror
Right oor not
U should tell me
If any leader heard there are person trying to encourage people against his people and start war what will be his punishment!
U don't fooorget disbeliver tortured muslim all the time they expel them from their homes
Taking their shirts off ve putting huge rock on their back whille weather is hot under sun
•
It is not like corrupted bible saying prophet david killed his friend urai to commit adultery with his wife
So how could bible claim they commit adultery or killed person for sexual purpose
If he is criminal that mean either he is not prophet or this thing didn't happen
Do you like living among the mushrikun? I guess you do. Why did Mohammid "marry" Aisha when she was six and why did he speak the Shaitanic verses?

UAE

#196752 Dec 15, 2013
Puropse of jesus according to corrupted bible

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a ...

Talking about man in general
Doesn't matter if man his follower or noot

Bible

31 And he brought out the people who were in it and set them to labor with saws and iron picks and iron axes and made them toil at[e] the brick kilns. And thus he did to all the cities of the Ammonites. Then David and all the people returned to Jerusalem.

Page Options
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email
<<
<
=
=
>
>>

Show resourcesAdd parallel
Ezekiel 9:5-7
King James Version (KJV)
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#196753 Dec 15, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop laying upon iislam
By trying to hide your wrong faith religion
Bible say jesus didn't crusify his self
That what happen
So jesus will not save you
You should save your self
Salvation jesus doesn't exsit
Bible john 19:7
The Jewish leaders insisted,“We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.”
By the way there people who can see but their heart blind
They only follow their incilation
Just like u
I really don't have well to talk to people who reject trutth
I don't blame Noah peace be upon him who kept proving for his people there is god and they should follow them but they insist to disbelieve him
Then he went away and whale picked him
It is really disgusting to show people truth cleaar likke sun then they insist disbelieving
U believe in prophet moses and all his miracle but phaaroah disbelieved him despite he saw his miracle
U know why
His ego
U doing same thing that Pharoah did maany decades ago when he fall in drawn in mid of sea
God saved his body to be sign
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TCiVvoAfju4XX
God say :
Indeed,[O Muhammad], you do not guide whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided.
No! Muhammad does not guide whom he likes he kills those that reject him and his lies!
You are in denial of the truth.
The Muslim pagan moon god is not a god at all!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#196754 Dec 15, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
so bmz you actually agree with my proposition here.

That the Quran and islam is basically no different than the Torah and judaism adapting the focus and interest in the people as to who is God's people. of course. and leaving out where it can the history of the hebraic people. Of course
...and that in order to make it look like it's something new and different theologically speaking , oh well let;'s have a dash of Jesus in it.
All are God's people. One cannot say that only the Jews and the Christians are God's people. You must remember that.

Islam is Judaism plus Qur'aan plus Muhammad. The LORD Almighty remains the same, whether one calls the LORD by the name Allah or Elohim or Adonai or Hashem or God Almighty.

There was no dash of Jesus added to appease anyone or the Christians.

Jesus was just mentioned as all other prophets were mentioned. The reason was to clarify that the son of Mary was nothing more than a man and that he was sent as a messenger to Israelites.

Qur'aan simply refuted and condemned the Trinity, clarified that God did not have a son and that Jesus was neither killed nor crucified.

It was like spreading a load of salt over Christianity's wounds.
bmz

Location hidden

#196755 Dec 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Muhammad does not guide whom he likes he kills those that reject him and his lies!
Shamma,

You should worry about your absurd and ridiculous Triune God or the absurdity and monstrosity known as Trinity, which comprises of the following absurd three:

God, the Father.

God, the Son.

God, the Holy Ghost.

These three are ridiculous in the sight of the true LORD God Almighty.
bmz

Location hidden

#196756 Dec 15, 2013
Blonde Queen wrote:
Do you like living among the mushrikun? I guess you do. Why did Mohammid "marry" Aisha when she was six and why did he speak the Shaitanic verses?
Hello, Blondie

The question shows that you are blond indeed.

He is living in the UAE, which us United Arab Emirates, not the United States of America. The Mushrikun from the West are working with the mominoon (believers). lol!

Will reply to the remaining two silly questions later.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196757 Dec 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, MUQ but I would like to suggest a correction.
It should be "pot calling white china Porcelain black".
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you for the correction, that make better sense.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196758 Dec 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Muhammad does not guide whom he likes he kills those that reject him and his lies!
You are wrong, if our prophet was to "kill every one" who did not believe in him, the whole of Arabia would have been full of corps.

The total casualties in ten years of his warfare (on both side) do not exceed 1000!!

How can you say that he killed "every one" who did not believe in him?

You are such a hate monger, that you invent "black color" when there is white in front of you.

I have found you to be the most biased and foul mouthed person on this thread.

You tell lies without having least conscience.

Location hidden

#196759 Dec 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All are God's people. One cannot say that only the Jews and the Christians are God's people. You must remember that.
Islam is Judaism plus Qur'aan plus Muhammad. The LORD Almighty remains the same, whether one calls the LORD by the name Allah or Elohim or Adonai or Hashem or God Almighty.
There was no dash of Jesus added to appease anyone or the Christians.
Jesus was just mentioned as all other prophets were mentioned. The reason was to clarify that the son of Mary was nothing more than a man and that he was sent as a messenger to Israelites.
Qur'aan simply refuted and condemned the Trinity, clarified that God did not have a son and that Jesus was neither killed nor crucified.
It was like spreading a load of salt over Christianity's wounds.
Jesus condemns the whole Muslim religion of Muhammad.

Muhammad lied!
God never gave Muhammad this revelation!
Bukhari (2:24)- "Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered (by Allah) to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning (accounts) will be done by Allah."

Allah is the ancient Arab pagan moon god that only Satan would ordered Muhammad such an command to fight the people to convert them to worship Allah the pagan moon god.

God never spoke to Muhammad.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#196760 Dec 15, 2013
No-Doubt wrote:
<quoted text>
Be honest
U call them terror
Right oor not
U should tell me
•
http://twitchy.com/2012/09/15/ australians-shocked-by-muslim- men-and-kids-signs-behead-all- those-who-insult-the-prophet/
Australians shocked by Muslim men and kids’ signs:‘BEHEAD ALL THOSE WHO INSULT THE PROPHET’

Location hidden

#196761 Dec 15, 2013
Muslims actions speak louder than words!

The Murder of the Old Woman from Fazara

The incident involves the actions of Muslims who were sent out by Muhammad on a raid against the Fazara tribe. The Muslims were initially defeated in their first encounter with the Fazara. The wounded Muslim leader swore vengeance. After he recovered he went out and attacked the Fazara again. One very old woman was captured. Here is the account from :

"....and Umm Qirfa Fatima was taken prisoner. She was a very old woman, wife of Malik. Her daughter and Abdullah Masada were also taken. Zayd ordered Qays to kill Umm Qirfa and he killed her cruelly (Tabari, by putting a rope to her two legs and to two camels and driving them until they rent her in two.) "

Guillaume, op cit, and page 665

Here, Muhammad's companions went out and attacked people, took some prisoners, then committed some brutal atrocities against their captives. These men were so destitute of basic human values, that they ripped an old woman in half by using camels! One wonders how many Muslims are intimately acquainted with the record of brutal killings Muhammad himself did or explicitly ordered, sanctioned, and justified. Muhammad and his followers seemed every bit as brutal as the worst humanity has ever produced.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#196762 Dec 15, 2013
JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>

Vivekananda, Aurobindo, Mother, Ramanna, Yogananda and others clearly remembered several of their past lives and also knew about some of their future incarnations by tuning in to the causal mechanisms of the psychic.
Show me clear proof in their writing that they remembered past lives. If you can show, it will certainly change my idea about the above spiritual masters.

But I am sure that you will not be able to show such thing at least for Vivekananda & Aurobindo. They are not false masters.

It's a real pity that you a mere mortal man is judging the Man "Krishna" who gave the world Gita. No man can ever produce another work like this book, whose all philosophies are equally applicable even today as it was 5000 years back.

You need introspection....
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196763 Dec 15, 2013
Nina Q wrote:
01. and who told you that most Christians follow Paul 's commands?

commands? you got confused. No most Christians dont follow Paul's "commands" cause there are no commands of Paul and anyway they dont follow Paul

Christians believe in Jesus I think even the name is self explanatory

02. Now instead of enlightening us about Christians belief you could just as well try and make make clear what muslims believe in; that makes their Allah different and better than YHWH --besides the Jesus touch of course which with objective observation is obvious that it's either
a. a truth that could not be avoided
b. just a technicality exactly to make it appear different
or both .
Ans.

01. Most of Christians "Recognize" Paul as the "Apostle appointed by Jesus" which is wrong in itself, because Paul never met jesus and never learned any thing from him.

It is Paul's letters on which entire Christian theology revolves.

Whatever he claimed for Jesus, most Christian believe in, that is what I called as "Commands" of St. Paul. If you do not like the word Command, you can use whichever word you like.

He is the main force behind the Christian theology and it is his arguments which Most Christians quote as "Final proofs".

02. I would be glad to inform you about what we Muslims believe in.

And the way you asked me to show that Allah is better than YHWH shows your fundamental misunderstanding.

We Muslims believe in the Same God which Jews and Christians believe in. There is only One God in the Universe to which all of us pray.

However there is some misunderstanding in the concept of God between Jews and Christians and Muslims,

What we Muslims believe in is the purest form of Monotheism, and we worship only God and do not associate any one else in His worship.

This is the starting point of our discussion on Islam.

We can go to next step, after we have clarified and understand each other on this first point, which is of extreme importance.
MUQ

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

#196764 Dec 15, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Muslims actions speak louder than words!
The Murder of the Old Woman from Fazara
The incident involves the actions of Muslims who were sent out by Muhammad on a raid against the Fazara tribe. The Muslims were initially defeated in their first encounter with the Fazara. The wounded Muslim leader swore vengeance. After he recovered he went out and attacked the Fazara again. One very old woman was captured. Here is the account from :
"....and Umm Qirfa Fatima was taken prisoner. She was a very old woman, wife of Malik. Her daughter and Abdullah Masada were also taken. Zayd ordered Qays to kill Umm Qirfa and he killed her cruelly (Tabari, by putting a rope to her two legs and to two camels and driving them until they rent her in two.) "
Guillaume, op cit, and page 665
Here, Muhammad's companions went out and attacked people, took some prisoners, then committed some brutal atrocities against their captives. These men were so destitute of basic human values, that they ripped an old woman in half by using camels! One wonders how many Muslims are intimately acquainted with the record of brutal killings Muhammad himself did or explicitly ordered, sanctioned, and justified. Muhammad and his followers seemed every bit as brutal as the worst humanity has ever produced.
It does not matter, how much you try!!

You cannot prove that our prophet killed "every one" who did not believe in him!!

The casualty figures are everlasting proof for his methods of persuasion. Violence was the "last recourse".

And do not try to portray that Arabs of his time were cowards and did not know how to fight and were getting terrorized by some odd killings.

They were battle hardened people, only kindness and justice could win their hearts, and that was what our prophet gave them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr 18 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr 6 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
More from around the web