Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 250880 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Nov 13

Denver, CO

#196218 Dec 5, 2013
G-D can confuse any of their enemies, and have muslim fighting muslim, christian fighting christian, jew fighting jew, and atheists fighting atheists or all of the above fighting any number of each other.

there is little value, of americans as terrorists, trying to stop everyone else's terrorism. now you got yourselves in a jam, if american terrorist pull out. then russian or some other terrorism, is going to fill it in.

pull out of afghanistan, some other terrorism is going to fill it in. and you've truly, accomplished nothing. you just made room, for other terrorists. this world has more enemies of G-D, than you can shake a stick at. just waiting for their terrorist chance, to fill in somewhere.

your only hopes is for one government to start telling, the truth of G-D. and take the chance with G-D, that somebody might listen. otherwise G-D is not going to, even take notice of us at least trying. and telling the truth, of all your other false g-ds is not going to cut it.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#196219 Dec 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Wake up!

You are dreaming.
Tata Driver is not dreaming. His eyes are wide open, while yours are closed.

He was telling you that Jesus was just a messenger of God. Many messengers of God came and passed away and same goes for Jesus.

Remember that he was sent. Anyone who is sent by God, is not the sender.

This antidote should wake you up:

"Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know."

Peter DID NOT SAY: ""Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a God accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which this Godman did among you on his own, as you yourselves know."

Spot the lies spread by the Church and and wake up!
rebelwithacause

Minneapolis, MN

#196220 Dec 5, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Where from you have landed all of a sudden boss!!! The intensity and hatred in your writings seems to point that you are living in 7th Century Arabia... Devoid of all logic and only interested in the killing business..
Where do you find logic in Islam, you fool??
Where do you find killing people of other faith logical??
The Quran that you are referring is already proving to be full of lies, illogical verses and lot of other contradictions.
If you have logic, please refr to my earlier posts and counter my points and up held your Islam, I challenge you, your other experts have not done so even after repeated requests...
Can you do it???
First. I dont support any killing. I dont even wear fur. U r wellcome pita.

I am trying to give u a vissualization of what a semite from the house of solomon would and did when a gentile tried to tell him what dady david is trying to tell him. Its not your buissness. Thats why all the profits were all semites. They all came to fix what there father handed down to them. You a gentile came and asked for simpler version. If you have any common sense tell me if a french has the right to teach the dali lama about his dali lamaing buissness.? No u dont. So dont tell me sht the words in the bible tora or koran are the words that come out of my mouth everyday. I know what the fk am saying. And i know what mohamud or jesus are saying. They speak lisan shem not espranto. Lol

No hate. Love.
rebelwithacause

Minneapolis, MN

#196221 Dec 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
He was telling you that Jesus was just a messenger of God. Many messengers of God came and passed away and same goes for Jesus.
"Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know."
Peter DID NOT SAY: ""Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a God accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which this Godman did among you on his own, as you yourselves know."
"Fellow israelit" it should be a common phrase.
Because we all are. Abraham the father of all. There is no just me .
rebelwithacause

Minneapolis, MN

#196222 Dec 5, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for confirming that you are a hate-filled anti-intellectual bigot, which makes you a perfect Muslim, come to think of it.
I am produmb. I want to vote for u the next president of dumbland.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#196223 Dec 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not.
The so-called 'fallen nature' and the so-called 'original sin' were concocted by self-loathers of the Church.
That is why I had told you that Jesus did not even speak a word about the so-called 'Original Sin' rubbish!
It is the pagan-founded Church that saw God as a man and gave Christians a pagans' Trinity.
When God created the first two people, he had a very special relationship with them. Adam and his wife Eve lived in a beautiful garden-like paradise called Eden (possibly in the vicinity of modern Iraq), and they experienced close and loving fellowship with God all of the time.

God did not want to force Adam and Eve to love him. Rather, he wanted their love to be sincerely and freely given. Perhaps as a test of their love, he placed a special tree in Eden that had delicious-looking fruit. This tree was called “the tree of the knowledge of good and evil”. There were many wonderful things to eat in Eden, and God said that Adam and Eve were free to eat any of those things … except the fruit of this special tree.

In our Famous Names in the Bible reading we were introduced to Satan, an angel who rebelled against God some time before Adam and Eve were created. By this time, Satan’s hatred of God was so intense that he wanted to destroy the relationship between God and those he loved.

So Satan disguised himself and visited Adam and Eve in the Garden. He worked hard to get them to doubt what God had commanded. Then, Satan suggested that God made the rule about the tree because he didn’t want them to have god-like knowledge. Finally, he had them look at the fruit of the tree and said,“Doesn’t that look delicious?”

Sadly, both Adam and Eve took Satan’s advice, and they ate the forbidden fruit. At that instant, something horrible happened: their special relationship with God was broken, and they became spiritually separated from him. The Bible refers to this condition of separation as death. Even though Adam and Eve were still alive physically, their spirits became dead to God from that moment on. They were so aware of their new condition, they even tried to hide from God.

This separation was more than just a bad feeling. In their life before eating the fruit, they could not imagine doing anything to displease God. This is why there was no need for God to say to them,“Don’t lie,” or “Don’t steal.” But now their hearts were changed. Not only was it now easy for Adam and Eve to imagine disobeying God, they often did so. The second sin followed quickly after the first, and many more followed after that. They didn’t hate God like Satan did, but neither did they love God like they used to.

Not only did Adam and Eve’s first sin corrupt their own hearts, it corrupted all who came after them. The tendency to rebel against God’s perfect standards of right and wrong became a part of mankind’s nature, passed on from generation to generation:

When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.

— Romans 5:12 (NLT)

This means that every person since Adam and Eve—including you and me—is born spiritually dead. People who are spiritually dead tend not to value the things that God values. Whenever a person is presented with the choice of obeying God or disobeying him, he usually prefers to disobey. Sometimes he does what is right, but even then it is often only because doing so benefits him in some way.

Adam and Eve Driven Out of Eden
In the Bible, acts of disobedience to God are known as sin. A person can disobey by doing something God has commanded him not to do — for example, when he steals something. He can also disobey by failing to do something God has commanded him to do — for example, when a husband fails to love his wife. We have little trouble understanding that acts like murder are sin, but many see little harm in telling a lie. However, all such disobedience is offensive to God.

Location hidden

#196224 Dec 5, 2013
Continued:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I am not.
The so-called 'fallen nature' and the so-called 'original sin' were concocted by self-loathers of the Church.
That is why I had told you that Jesus did not even speak a word about the so-called 'Original Sin' rubbish!
It is the pagan-founded Church that saw God as a man and gave Christians a pagans' Trinity.

My reply:

Muslims talk about sin, and teach that man can become spiritually pure again through his own effort — through self-discipline or through righteous deeds that “outweigh” the sin.

The Bible differs with this idea very sharply. Man’s problem is not that he is spiritually impure; his problem is that he is spiritually dead! No act of man can undo the damage done by even a single sin.

But let us imagine for a moment that man could do something to become acceptable to God. Based on the Bible’s description of God and sin, what would that require?

For a person to be acceptable to God through his own effort, he would have to live his entire life without disobeying God even once! In other words, a single small act of theft, a single lie, a single instance of arrogant pride, a single envious thought, a single unkind word spoken to someone else—any one act of disobedience of God’s standards of right and wrong (God’s “moral law”) would be enough to condemn a person. It is easy to see that every one of us has failed in this.

Adam and Eve were forced to leave Eden and live out the remainder of their lives without that close and loving fellowship with God that they had enjoyed at the beginning. They always remembered with great sorrow that special relationship. They lived to see several generations of their descendants before they died, and saw the awful consequences of their choice to disobey God.
bmz

Singapore

#196225 Dec 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>When God created the first two people, he had a very special relationship with them. Adam and his wife Eve lived in a beautiful garden-like paradise called Eden (possibly in the vicinity of modern Iraq), and they experienced close and loving fellowship with God all of the time.
God did not want to force Adam and Eve to love him. Rather, he wanted their love to be sincerely and freely given. Perhaps as a test of their love, he placed a special tree in Eden that had delicious-looking fruit. This tree was called “the tree of the knowledge of good and evil”. There were many wonderful things to eat in Eden, and God said that Adam and Eve were free to eat any of those things … except the fruit of this special tree.
In our Famous Names in the Bible reading we were introduced to Satan, an angel who rebelled against God some time before Adam and Eve were created. By this time, Satan’s hatred of God was so intense that he wanted to destroy the relationship between God and those he loved.
So Satan disguised himself and visited Adam and Eve in the Garden. He worked hard to get them to doubt what God had commanded. Then, Satan suggested that God made the rule about the tree because he didn’t want them to have god-like knowledge. Finally, he had them look at the fruit of the tree and said,“Doesn’t that look delicious?”
Sadly, both Adam and Eve took Satan’s advice, and they ate the forbidden fruit. At that instant, something horrible happened: their special relationship with God was broken, and they became spiritually separated from him. The Bible refers to this condition of separation as death. Even though Adam and Eve were still alive physically, their spirits became dead to God from that moment on. They were so aware of their new condition, they even tried to hide from God.
This separation was more than just a bad feeling. In their life before eating the fruit, they could not imagine doing anything to displease God. This is why there was no need for God to say to them,“Don’t lie,” or “Don’t steal.”
Not only did Adam and Eve’s first sin corrupt their own hearts, it corrupted all who came after them. The tendency to rebel against God’s perfect standards of right and wrong became a part of mankind’s nature, passed on from generation to generation:
When Adam sinned, sin entered the entire human race. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.
— Romans 5:12 (NLT)
This means that every person since Adam and Eve—including you and me—is born spiritually dead. People who are spiritually dead tend not to value the things that God values. Whenever a person is presented with the choice of obeying God or disobeying him, he usually prefers to disobey. Sometimes he does what is right, but even then it is often only because doing so benefits him in some way.
Adam and Eve Driven Out of Eden
In the Bible, acts of disobedience to God are known as sin. A person can disobey by doing something God has commanded him not to do — for example, when he steals something. He can also disobey by failing to do something God has commanded him to do — for example, when a husband fails to love his wife. We have little trouble understanding that acts like murder are sin, but many see little harm in telling a lie. However, all such disobedience is offensive to God.
Struck off one useless para, to fit in my response.

That is a waste of precious bandwidth.

The point is that Adam and Eve committed no such thing known as the absurd original Sin.

Just tell me who was the ignorant fool, who came up with this ridiculous Original Sin or the First Sin?

Was it Jesus?

Can you show me a word from God and God's obedient slave/servant Jesus talking about the original sin?

Jesus never talked about this absurd and filthy doctrine. It was Paul's bull shit.

One cannot find the word 'sin' in Genesis 3 at all.

Sin is not a bacteria or a germ or a virus or a disease that can be transmitted.
bmz

Boulder, CO

#196226 Dec 5, 2013
when is your showcase for ""muslim isa's great escape! "" classic, goon ftard muslim.

tell us more about when the imposter was parachuted into jerusalem to take over muslim isa and preach on his behalf. is that why the injeel is corrupted. f. islam.

Location hidden

#196227 Dec 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no lies!
Jesus confirmed the truth of the Church Himself.
Muslims are an example of the 7th century Arab pagans.

Location hidden

#196228 Dec 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that Adam and Eve committed no such thing known as the absurd original Sin.
Just tell me who was the ignorant fool, who came up with this ridiculous Original Sin or the First Sin?
Was it Jesus?
Can you show me a word from God and God's obedient slave/servant Jesus talking about the original sin?
Jesus never talked about this absurd and filthy doctrine. It was Paul's bull shit.
Sin is not a bacteria or a germ or a virus or a disease that can be transmitted.
I all ready did that a few post back.
You are truly a Muhammadan that worships Muhammad.
Your remarks are worthless just as the Quran is worthless in the eyes of God.
Muslims ignore Gods command to worship God alone, and Muslims worship the false teachings of Muhammad instead.

Location hidden

#196229 Dec 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Jesus?
You don't have the intelligence to comprehend the words of God.
bmz

Singapore

#196230 Dec 5, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have the intelligence to comprehend the words of God.
Please do not give me that crap of a sentence typical of all polemic Christians, who cannot explain the absurdities of the 7th Century Christianity.

Read the post and answer if you have any intelligence. Here it is once again:

Was it Jesus?

bmz

Singapore

#196231 Dec 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I all ready did that a few post back.
You are truly a Muhammadan that worships Muhammad.
Your remarks are worthless just as the Quran is worthless in the eyes of God.
Muslims ignore Gods command to worship God alone, and Muslims worship the false teachings of Muhammad instead.
Hello, Jesusarian

Muslims worship no man. Christians worship a man instead of worshipping the True God.

Location hidden

#196232 Dec 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not give me that crap of a sentence typical of all polemic Christians, who cannot explain the absurdities of the 7th Century Christianity.
Read the post and answer if you have any intelligence. Here it is once again:
Was it Jesus?
Gods truths are all there in the NT.
Jesus is the Lord and Savior of the world.

John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Location hidden

#196233 Dec 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Jesusarian
Muslims worship no man. Christians worship a man instead of worshipping the True God.
The only God Muslims follow is Muhammad.
Who is the founder of the religion of Islam?
The answer is Muhammad.
Who's laws do Muslims obey?
The answer is the laws of Muhammad.
Truth Seeker

New Delhi, India

#196234 Dec 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Jesusarian
Dear BMZ,

It is far better to worship a Man who taught only the message of Love to humanity and then go to Hell, rather than following the false and hellish teaching of the Imposter Mohammad who in the name of God instructed Muslims to hate and kill followers of other faith especially Jews and Pagans so that they can go to Heaven and lead a luxurious life.

In the Hope of a mythical life in heaven, they have turned the whole earth in to a living Hell
bmz

Singapore

#196235 Dec 6, 2013
Truth Seeker wrote:
Dear BMZ,

It is far better to worship a Man who taught only the message of Love to humanity and then go to Hell, rather than following the false and hellish teaching of the Imposter Mohammad who in the name of God instructed Muslims to hate and kill followers of other faith especially Jews and Pagans so that they can go to Heaven and lead a luxurious life.

In the Hope of a mythical life in heaven, they have turned the whole earth in to a living Hell
What a ridiculous statement!

It is silly, absurd and idiotic to say that Jesus taught people to love humanity and as if he were the first person to do so. The ancients loved their people many, many centuries long before Jesus became a zygote.

Then you better start worshipping Confucius, Buddha and many other great philosophers
and sages, who taught the same.

Mischievous and clueless fool, tell me where and when did Muhammad instruct Muslims to hate and kill followers of other faith especially Jews and Pagans so that they can go to Heaven and lead a luxurious life?

Please produce some evidence instead of littering the precious bandwidth your oral diarrhea!
bmz

Singapore

#196236 Dec 6, 2013
Shamma wrote:
The only God Muslims follow is Muhammad.
Who is the founder of the religion of Islam?
The answer is Muhammad.
Who's laws do Muslims obey?
The answer is the laws of Muhammad.
Ignorant fool,

How many times do I have to tell you that Muslims do not worship a man. Muslims consider Muhammad as an obedient servant of God. Worshipping a man is a Christian thingy.

Only Christians worship a man and Hindus worship many men.

Muslims obey and follow only the laws of God. Muhammad issued no law.
Rabbeen Al Jihad

Salt Lake City, UT

#196237 Dec 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant fool,
How many times do I have to tell you that Muslims do not worship a man. Muslims consider Muhammad as an obedient servant of God. Worshipping a man is a Christian thingy.
Only Christians worship a man and Hindus worship many men.
Muslims obey and follow only the laws of God. Muhammad issued no law.
SalaamZ & A M E N! brother! Hale' Shoma Cheest BaeraDaer!? Hope all is well with you and yours thru all the hollidaZe!LOL. Its good to see you are still slaying the minions of Shaytan with your infamous wit and sharp words.Watch yourself though,I believe Shammy has a thing for us both.Probably you more than I since you are the more handsome and debonare'! LOL! CheerZ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 hr thetruth 4,348
News This Halloween, Think of Islam as a Religion of... Tue Im a poet and I k... 2
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May 22 Joel 13,168
News Atheist billboard near Lincoln Tunnel scheduled... (Nov '10) May 19 Patrick 219
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist May 19 New Beginning 1
News Witches for Sanders? Democratic Candidate Finds... May 16 Truth 2
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) May 16 Eagle 12 770
More from around the web